Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Manga] Yotsuba is invincible. "WAKAPPA!"

fireball87
I'll come back alive.

Member 12148

Level 4.94

Sep 2006

Old Sep 15, 2006, 06:36 PM #1 of 386
I may say this is the best yotsubato topic i've ever seen, i've been following this manga for a little while now and it is easily my favorite (i don't read alot of manga though)... Just want to say thanks for keeping this topic up to date though, as it seems pretty hard to find the current fan translators who are few and far between (plus the image album was nice too ^^).

Overall i just joined the forum to say that, other then finding this when doing a yotsubato search again (and checking it for updates every once in awhile), i really don't have time for more forums :P.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
fireball87
I'll come back alive.

Member 12148

Level 4.94

Sep 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 10:45 PM #2 of 386
Heh, this chapter did a good job of wrapping up the last episode. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Spoiler:
Yotsuba should just be glad that those highschoolers wern't anything like the azumanga highschoolers (ironically enough, once she made it into the highschool i was thinking azumanga, i mean the books falling on yotsuba seemed like a clear throwback to me). Great chapter though.

(ironically enough, i first read/watched azumanga cause i enjoyed yotsubato so much, plus i knew it was supposibly pretty good. honestly though i think yotsubato is so much better)

--edit-- oh, forum supports spoiler tags, i didn't notice that before, good ol spoiler tags. I don't know that you'd really concider that a spoiler, but it kindof is.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by fireball87; Sep 25, 2006 at 01:34 PM.
fireball87
I'll come back alive.

Member 12148

Level 4.94

Sep 2006

Old Sep 26, 2006, 10:50 AM #3 of 386
Originally Posted by Skaijo
Spoiler:
It's nice to see that Yotsuba gets punished when she takes her privilages too far. I hated the lack of punishment in so many other kids books. Anyone remember Madeline--the girl who could turn France upside down and still be the number one-love child of her adoptive family? Or what about Curious George--the destructive monkey that can do no wrong? It makes me happy to see Yotsuba get reprimanded, such actions even strengthen the bond between she and her father.
Spoiler:
Ah yes, but just a note, i don't think this is actually a kids book, though it may be spot on for people who like to act like kids, or most everyone else for that matter. From what i can tell (by japanese marketing atleast) the actual target audence seems to be teenage to college males (seing that its another daioh). Fans of the series is a much much larger (from who i've shown, i know few who dislike it) group of people (but i have yet to show it to a kid :P).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
fireball87
I'll come back alive.

Member 12148

Level 4.94

Sep 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 01:45 PM #4 of 386
Yeah, i've been checking back hoping for another fix, i tend to have withdraws every month or so, and check out the usual yotsubato sources frequently when i do. I think i'm just going to read the revenge chapter again.

How ya doing, buddy?
fireball87
I'll come back alive.

Member 12148

Level 4.94

Sep 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 03:54 PM #5 of 386
I liked this one a bit too
Spoiler:
though i've built a few bookshelves, foughten a few yandas

I was speaking idiomatically.
fireball87
I'll come back alive.

Member 12148

Level 4.94

Sep 2006

Old Oct 30, 2006, 04:05 PM #6 of 386
Originally Posted by Bigblah
I think Qwarky will greatly appreciate the news that a new Yotsubato music album "Winter General" will be released at the end of November. Same staff as last time.
I greatly appreciate that news as well, i quite like the other album, a nice winter sound should be nice.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
fireball87
I'll come back alive.

Member 12148

Level 4.94

Sep 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 08:30 PM #7 of 386
You mean the first chapter... i think my favorite chapter personally is revenge (chapter 9).

FELIPE NO
fireball87
I'll come back alive.

Member 12148

Level 4.94

Sep 2006

Old Dec 2, 2006, 09:48 PM #8 of 386
I come bearing news, 4chan.biz the new cd up for download, downloading now ^^.

http://4chan.biz/music/CD02.html

--edit--

Personally i don't think its as good as the last one, Then again, it does have some really good parts so I'll have to listen to both a few times before i decide. It covers the entire winter as opposed to the first one which covered one summer day, which i can't say i like as much, but i understand. To its favor i guess alot of what i liked about the original was comparing it to the manga, and since i can't do that its a bit harder for me to relate it to yotsubato as opposed to just a decent winter themed symphonic peace.

There is one thing i can say though, out of all of the soundtracks for manga/anime, these are still high on my list.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by fireball87; Dec 3, 2006 at 01:35 AM.
fireball87
I'll come back alive.

Member 12148

Level 4.94

Sep 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 01:15 AM #9 of 386
I've listened to it about 6 times this week, and i think i like it a bit more then i did the first time i listened to it. I do find these things are pretty effective at putting you in a good mood, they're pretty light hearted and fun (as opposed to alot of orchestra, when tends to focus on the more depressing side of the music) so it really fits the manga pretty well.

fireball87
I'll come back alive.

Member 12148

Level 4.94

Sep 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 11:51 PM #10 of 386
http://4chan.biz/ has em all, so until qwarky re uploads, you can find it here.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
fireball87
I'll come back alive.

Member 12148

Level 4.94

Sep 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 11:56 PM #11 of 386
Aye i saw it... pretty good episode, though not as good as i'm used to... half due to the translation being a bit worse quality (in my opinion) then most of them (they translated a few things a bit oddly i think, things like "thats fraud" probably should have been "thats a lie" or "tout" probably should have been just "tight" especially considering the age group of the people talking/being talked to) well that and
Spoiler:
I never really made those cup phones, i know i've done it before, but they never really interested me

fireball87
I'll come back alive.

Member 12148

Level 4.94

Sep 2006

Old Jan 4, 2007, 02:28 AM #12 of 386
If at first you don't succeed, try again in a few days, i just checked a few random episodes on 4chan.biz and they work fine... if that fails, look at the first post in this topic to find some rapishares (which are well more likely to be down).

How ya doing, buddy?
fireball87
I'll come back alive.

Member 12148

Level 4.94

Sep 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 07:53 PM #13 of 386
Hmm... yeah, seems that way to me, though try try try isn't exactly what i would consider canon. Heck, its arguable if try try try's Fuuka is the same person. (different personality, obvious style difference, etc.) Not to mention the fact that they don't even have the same name... though 風夏 and 風香 do sound the same (blame me knowing that on wikipedias entry).

As for a one-sided romantic affair i've seen crushes that make much less since, at least its not Yanda... heh.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by fireball87; Jan 8, 2007 at 08:12 PM.
fireball87
I'll come back alive.

Member 12148

Level 4.94

Sep 2006

Old Jan 23, 2007, 03:16 PM #14 of 386
I think its a bit later then usual, seeing as i normally get it a few days after the FMA translation. Then again that was a day or so early this year, so maybe it was right on time.

I thought this one seemed like 2 separate mini episodes for some reason. Anyway
Spoiler:
Yeah, this seemed to build up the next episode quite a bit, though i seriously wonder why Ena curled up in a ball, strange that. Not as strange as actually riding a mono-cycle anywhere, those things are hard to get to move. From my experience with the things (monocycles that is) Yotsubas going to get at least one chance to get somewhat injured in the next episode, especially considering shes still on training wheels on her bike.
Overall it was a good episode though like always.

fireball87
I'll come back alive.

Member 12148

Level 4.94

Sep 2006

Old Jan 24, 2007, 03:24 PM #15 of 386
Spoiler:
I tend to assume grandma as Mr Koiwai's mother. I tend to also assume thats the grandparents they used to live with before they moved to where they live now. (from chapter 3 about air conditioners) "Grandma didn't have one in her house huh. It was because grandpa hated them."

As for relationship between Yotsuba and Grandma, assuming the age she must have been adopted at... its quite expected that she would just consider Mr Koiwai's family as her family, just like she considers Mr Koiwai as her father. And having lived with them for some time, the connection is even stronger.

Oh, and actually, I somewhat wonder how much Yotsuba is really even aware of the adoption... even if she does know about it, it seems a rather small thing to her. Probably she hasn't figured it out yet, and no ones taken the time to explain it to her. I know a few kids that didn't know they were adopted tell they were well into their teens. Not like it really should matter too much in the current situation. Not unless one of her parents (who abandoned her) randomly shows up, but thats the kind of mellow drama crap i really am not expecting from this series.

FELIPE NO
fireball87
I'll come back alive.

Member 12148

Level 4.94

Sep 2006

Old Mar 21, 2007, 02:23 PM #16 of 386
Happy days and jubilation, chapter 45 is up at 4chan.biz .

I'll surely report back once I've read it, but I thought I'd inform the masses ^^.

How ya doing, buddy?
fireball87
I'll come back alive.

Member 12148

Level 4.94

Sep 2006

Old Mar 22, 2007, 02:06 PM #17 of 386
Yeah, this chapter was interesting... lets cover some things i noted.

Spoiler:

1. I'd eat that cake, no matter how... odd the decoration style... minus the egg it still looks decently edible.

2. Another odd character... yay!

3. Fuuka "found someone else"... kindof ;P

4. I'd be really freaked out if someone I didn't know well walked up behind me and covered my eyes... well more then this case.

5. I'm pretty sure the guy on the last page is Mr. Ayase, so good to see him again, which is very rare. I'm really wondering the nature of his schedule, is it that he just works long day shifts, so he leaves before yotsuba(and asagi) wakes up, and gets back after shes asleep... or does he work in a different town and live somewhere else, and only go to the house on break.

6. Seeing how Shimauu seems somewhat easily embarrassed, its probable that the nickname was forced on her, (somewhat like Osaka's nickname in Azumanga... though osaka isn't easily embarrassed)

7. No new chapter next month... wah _ _.

fireball87
I'll come back alive.

Member 12148

Level 4.94

Sep 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 08:13 PM #18 of 386
Very strange... i've still had no problems with it.

I just verified its working in both Firefox and IE, so I'm kindof at a loss for what could be causing that.

I'm going into withdrawal with no chapter this month... wah.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
fireball87
I'll come back alive.

Member 12148

Level 4.94

Sep 2006

Old Apr 23, 2007, 07:50 AM #19 of 386
I'll rapid share the whole set, or put it up on my private ftp (though very temporarily if that, i'll send you a pm or something) or something, whatever feels easier when i get back from class.

--edit-- the whole set as I know it, i just through the series, and had winrar sort parting it, so expect things to end pretty abruptly if you don't get all 3 parts.

http://rapidshare.com/files/27543346...ba__.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/27548643...ba__.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/27537987...ba__.part3.rar

Last edited by fireball87; Apr 23, 2007 at 03:00 PM.
fireball87
I'll come back alive.

Member 12148

Level 4.94

Sep 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 01:00 PM #20 of 386
After a 2 month hiatus, the time has finally come... new yotsubato at 4chan.biz

It felt a bit short (though it wasn't, a bit longer then normal, probably just a side effect of missing a month)... but it was pretty funny, ramen was involved, so thats always a plus.

How ya doing, buddy?
If people want me to stop bumping the yotsubato thread I can ^^!
fireball87
I'll come back alive.

Member 12148

Level 4.94

Sep 2006

Old May 28, 2007, 02:55 AM #21 of 386
I kindof assume its more artistic style then a cameo. Theres been a few obvious reference, so i don't consider minor ones as much.

Three Examples I can think of.
1. Wallaby girl shows up in Azumanga
2. Books fall on yotsubato at high school.
3. Cat ("chiyo's father") can be seen on fukkas shirt (and a comment about fukkas taste is made).
4. Cat with Kitten is a prize at the carnival (with the fireworks).

Thats all I can recall at the moment... a double check on wikipedia lists the same references and no more... but there probably are a few.

I was speaking idiomatically.
fireball87
I'll come back alive.

Member 12148

Level 4.94

Sep 2006

Old Jun 30, 2007, 04:09 PM #22 of 386
Just here to note that the new yotsubato chapter has been out in japan for awhile, and in my withdrawal period, (looking through every yotsuba related resource i know looking for translations) I found there is an early (but completed translation).

Its here
http://rapidshare.com/files/39922889...English_v1.zip

Its a really good chapter,
Spoiler:
with lots of yanda fight, wootah
that i think you'll all enjoy ^^.

Other notes that should be made is that Skaijo finished and put up Metal Gear Yotsuba which is definitely a visit (don't ask me why it wasn't already posted, but whatever... I'm looking at you Skaijo ;P).

Spoiler:
Jumbo seems to be able to palm yandas entire head, thats pretty impressive ;P.

fireball87
I'll come back alive.

Member 12148

Level 4.94

Sep 2006

Old Jul 9, 2007, 06:55 PM #23 of 386
http://absolutelysugarfree.com/yotsubato.html

I found this place. It updates a tad slower then 4chan.biz... but it should provide downloads for those having trouble with 4chan.biz.

Most amazing jew boots
fireball87
I'll come back alive.

Member 12148

Level 4.94

Sep 2006

Old Jul 22, 2007, 05:23 PM #24 of 386
The people who host 4chan.biz (I think) put up an online gallery for reading. This will allow all those too lazy/busy/atwork to download a few chapters to enjoy.

http://koiwai.biz/

--edit--
Yotsuba and the Farm is available at 4chan.biz ... no really, theres farm this time!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by fireball87; Jul 23, 2007 at 03:44 PM.
fireball87
I'll come back alive.

Member 12148

Level 4.94

Sep 2006

Old Aug 6, 2007, 05:17 PM #25 of 386
A friend of mine (who even out-otakus me) said that Azuma stated that he didn't want to turn Yotsubato! into an anime as that would destroy the innocence of the manga. I'm really hoping he's wrong.
Yeah, I've not seen that statement, may look into it if i ever have free time again. I would very much like a well done adaption of Yot, but if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen.
Metal Gear Yotsuba was uploaded on Youtube without me even knowing. xD
Yeah, MGY re-appears on the Yotsuba radar relatively often. (once or twice a month currently) It's pretty popular I'd say... hopefully winning a few metal-gear fans over to the yotsu-cause, which still feels fairly underrated round here.

As for the yotsu-doll, I normally avoid spending money on such things, but seeing as its been my avatar for quite some time everywhere, I may see it a worthwhile investment for my desk.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Manga] Yotsuba is invincible. "WAKAPPA!"