Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Recent Game Purchases, or what I bought instead of fourteen new dildos this weekend

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 07:37 PM #76 of 1626
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories for PSP (2.6 firmware...connect the dots)
and
Vandal Hearts 2 for the PS!

Hopefully VH2 turns out to be insane fun like the first one, and hopefully I actually continue to begin liking GTA for the arbitrary "car-runs-over-everything" part.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 08:49 PM #77 of 1626
I'll be picking up Suikoden V, God of War and Kingdom Hearts II tomorrow. I can't wait to try God of War. Suikoden V is going to be the first thing that I do after my finals are finished in 5 weeks - well, after I go to get drunk with friends.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 09:05 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 09:05 PM #78 of 1626
Got Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana from Atlus' store for $19.99 before they ran out, they even managed to send me a Steambot Chronicles demo and another SMT: Nocturne soundtrack.

Probably the last game I'll purchase for quite some time sadly, as we're about to move.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 07:15 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 05:15 AM #79 of 1626
I bought Metroid Prime: Hunters and Kingdom Hearts II hier. I'm still waiting for Tetris DS from the fucker I bought it from on eBay. Slow morose mother fucker.

FELIPE NO
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 04:43 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 01:43 PM #80 of 1626
Kingdom Hearts II

I picked this one up on Thursday, and the Gamestop I went to managed to have a lot of copies remaining for those who didn't reserve the game ahead of time. When I paid for it, the cashier mentioned how they had a "party" on Wednesday when the game was released.

I didn't pick up a guide since I'm already familiar with the game from the Japanese version, but it's nice to finally understand what's going on in the story.

Most amazing jew boots
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 05:44 PM #81 of 1626

Oh.
Yes.

Rawk.

I blame this video, by the way.
I saw it and became hypnotized by its awesomeness.

Most amazing jew boots
PsychoDave226
Carob Nut

Member 4026

Level 4.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 08:24 PM #82 of 1626
The last game I bought was Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence. I reserved the regular edition at GameStop about a week and a half before the release date. And when I went to go pick it up, they had a whole stack of Limited Edition copies there. Being the curious one that I am, I asked the hot sales girl if I could upgrade to the Limited Edition for an extra $10. Just then her manager butted in and said "nah, those have already been reserved" Man I felt like a fool for not reserving the Limited Edition weeks before online...

How ya doing, buddy?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 09:52 PM Local time: Apr 6, 2006, 08:52 PM #83 of 1626
I just got Metroid Prime: Hunters today. This will probably be the first Metroid game that I actually finish (well, I did finish MP: Pinball, if that counts). I'm still hoping to be able to go online sooner or later, because what little I have played of the game seems totally badass!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Nintendonomicon
Mama's boy

Member 1640

Level 16.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 03:03 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2006, 01:03 PM #84 of 1626
I just found RE 0 and 2 at a local Blockbuster, since the price was alright and their availability right now is somewhat low, I naturally snatched them.

And on a side note, RE2 is probably Capcom's best boxart ever.

Return to Crystal Lake...

My Wii Friend Code 1942-4227-2974-0276
watkinzez
Chocobo

Member 1040

Level 10.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 09:25 PM Local time: Apr 14, 2006, 01:25 PM #85 of 1626
Well, Oblivion was my most recent purchase but it hates my comp and is therefore going back to the store. Sad.
So instead I'll say that Psychonauts is creative genius.

Summonmaster

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 09:27 PM #86 of 1626
A bunch of older Windows 95 games that are still lots of fun to try. The majority came in twin set since they're produced by Interplay:

Bust A Move 4 + Earthworm Jim 3D: I paid $15 CDN entirely for the Bust A Move 4 and don't regret it. Unless someone can tell me of another Bust A Move game that features the chain reaction system and the nauseatingly cute character designs, I'm satisified with my purchase. Earthworm Jim 3D's just all right, but it almost tries a bit too hard to make no rational sense: eg. grab the penguin's briefs while running through a farmhouse with rolling grenades, etc.

Sacrifice + Messiah: For such an old game, Sacrifice is very fun. Normally I hate those kinds of games where you have bases and send troops out, but since this involves spells and gods and such; I was instantly attracted. I recently just finished the tutorials, but I'm garbage at real in-game play. Messiah, on the other hand, malfunctions after the opening logos. I read lots of bad reviews, but I still wanted to give it a chance. $5 CDN for the both of them is a pretty awesome bargain though.

Gearheads: I'm going to take it out of the box after I finish typing this. You have to just send the most toys over to your opponent's side, but each toy does something erratically different. Combine that with the tradeoff of wind-up time and speed, we have a rather strategic battle of decisions. I'm looking for to this. $5 for this one.

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 09:52 PM Local time: Apr 14, 2006, 03:52 PM #87 of 1626

Basically this game is essential to any person's collection. It includes elements from Dynamite Headdy and Gunstar Heroes, and you can tell it's a Treasure title. The controls are a bit stiff, and the difficulty level isn't anything to be ignored. It's a really good title.

I'm not sure if it has much replay value, but you need to complete the story twice over thanks to time travel anyway and I'm still going. This is the best $27 I've ever spent.

How ya doing, buddy?
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 10:47 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2006, 10:47 PM #88 of 1626
Forgot to mention these when I got them last Friday, but when EB was having the Buy 2 Get One free pre-played sale, I picked up a few things on my hold shelf.

Dragon Warrior 7: PSone Awesome. Someone traded it in in perfect shape -- case, CDs, and instruction manual included. Awesome.

Brave Fencer Musashi: PSone Awesome again. I played this briefly years ago, and after I played Samurai Legend Musashi, I wanted to play the original. My wish was granted when it was recently traded in the same condition DW7 is in.

Star Ocean: Second Story: PSone I rented this from Blockbuster several years ago and never really got into it. Of course, like BFM, it took the sequel to get my interest back up, and fortune smiled upon me once again by delivering a perfect copy.

I also snagged some minor PSP accessories.

Most amazing jew boots

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 12:07 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2006, 02:07 AM #89 of 1626
Well, not really a purchase but still a new game in my collection. I got Far Cry Instincts: Predator for free since I was on the Dev Team. I only worked on it for 2 months, on the new EVOLUTION part of it but I can't wait to 'play it' at home and start cranking up some custom maps.

Most amazing jew boots
Skëtch's DVD Collection!
----------------------------------------
LizardSC
Slave to the Rhythm

Member 5069

Level 7.59

Apr 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 12:42 AM #90 of 1626
Last game I bought was Civilization 4. Amazing game and highly addictive. I hated it initially because my computer was too old to run the advanced graphics efficiently, resulting in massive slowdown and random desktop crashes. The 1.52 patch fixed that and I've since been playing the game at the expense of my schoolwork. The addictiveness is really quite bad, a single game can last 10 hours+. Fortunately, there's an ingame alarm clock for such purposes.

I want to buy Oblivion... BAAAAD. But I'm right at the minimum required specs, grrrr.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
ComCrimson
MYV

Member 115

Level 12.39

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 09:37 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2006, 03:37 PM #91 of 1626
Dragon Quest VIII

I had to pick this up after playing on a demo i had. I didn't even realise it was out until i saw it in one of my favourite games stores whilst in town yesterday. I completely fell in love with it after playing the demo

Cheers B4!
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 04:30 PM Local time: Apr 14, 2006, 03:30 PM #92 of 1626
Saw GT4 at Costco for $15 so I picked it up. Played it for about 10 minutes, realized it was still the cold, heartless, boring, pointless "simulation" racing that it always has been and traded it in for some store credit 2 days later. I do want a racing fix though; perhaps I'll check out TOCA 2.

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
SonicEchidna
Victory is mine!

Member 93

Level 9.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 06:31 PM Local time: Apr 14, 2006, 11:31 PM #93 of 1626
Tekken 5

A welcome return to form for the series in my opinion. Tekken 4 was a bit of a shambles, but I find this one to be a hell of a lot more fun to play. Definitley more challenging too, which is cool as it adds to the replayability.

Only cost £14.99 too. Quite a bargain to be honest.

"Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but you're a total bitch."
- Stewie Griffin
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 06:49 PM #94 of 1626
I bought some DVD-Rs so that I could burn: Burnout 3, Black and Guilty Gear XX Slash. All three games are really fun. Burnout 3 is possibly my favorite racer EVER.

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 10:40 PM #95 of 1626
Tetris DS - One of the games on my list that I was intending to get and finally did. The game brings back the old school feel with a new look. I like it alot.

FELIPE NO
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 11:26 PM #96 of 1626
Originally Posted by a_mcnugget
Burnout 3 is possibly my favorite racer EVER.
QFT. I got it last month and I'm playing it like crazy. 15 minutes turns into a couple hours a little too easily with that game...I'm worried it'll consume me.

Finally cashed in my birthday funding today:

Nintendo DS/w Mario Kart
Super Princess Peach
Suikoden V
Chaos Field (!)
Bode Miller Alpine Skiing
Sega GT 2002/JSRF combo disc.

Had no idea Chaos Field was set for a US release. I just took a peek at the GC section and there were three new copies just sitting there, out of the blue, $20 apiece. Probably should've gotten all three, once they rise in value. :juggler:

Suikoden V is one of maybe 3 RPG's that can jump ahead of about a dozen and a half RPG's I have yet to finish. Probably should've bought the guide.

Bode Miller Alpine Skiing MIGHT turn out good...Then again, it's gone from $20 to $10 new in less than a couple months and reeks of low budgetry. My curiosity (and Olympic fever) got the better of me. Looks better than the "official" Torino game though.

JSRF for $1.50...No complaints there. Something I'd been meaning to grab for awhile now.

And I got the DS for Peach and also for the upcoming New Super Mario Brothers and Lost Magic (not to mention several other games out I've been curious about...I might pick up Trauma Center and Pac Pix next week).

All that, plus a DC -> PC controller adapter, so I can use my Green Goblin Dreamcast stick on my PC.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2006, 01:30 AM Local time: Apr 15, 2006, 05:30 PM #97 of 1626
My recent purchases have mostly been DS purchases. Nothing on GCN will rock me until Zelda TP, PS2 is kind of slowing down for me as well (until FFXII) and there's absolutely nothing on GBA anymore. Also, recently marks the first time I've ever gotten an Xbox. I'm not too keen on Xbox, but since my girlfriend has one in her house I saw an EB sale and decided to get:

XBOX:
- Shenmue 2: Fun stuff, seeing as how I've always wanted to play it. I'm not sure about how it was received, but IMO it's one of the best games I've played.
- Project Zero 2: Have always wanted to play this series but this was the only thing there in the sale trollies. Heard from others that the original was scarier... but hey this is pretty scary itself. Lovely.

And as for the DS... Whoa I've spent the world on it:

DS:
- Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan: Although this is quite a while ago, I'm putting up as it was part of the wave of games I brought for the DS. MUST BUY THIS GAME.
- Electroplankton: One of the best tripped out experiences you'll ever find. This is one of the only ways to see colous and hear sounds while not being on a high.
- Super Princess Peach: For my girlfriend, but that's just an excuse so I can have a go at it ^_^. The concept of Mario being kidnapped this time was too much.
- Lunar Genesis: RPG diehard fan here. The DS is lacking in RPG's so I bought it out of desparation...
- Mario and Luigi: Whereas M&L helped saved the day. The GBA version is better in story and dialogue, however.
- Resident Evil DS: I'm a Resi nut. But I've never played the PSX version.
- Metroid Prime Hunters: Lovely game. Can't wait for online matches.
- Tetris DS: Love the classic

Oh man, teh Rev is coming out at the end of this year too! noooooRRR!!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 11:02 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 11:02 PM #98 of 1626
With my first paycheck as an assistant manager, I decided to clear off my list.

I purchased the Megaman X Collection GC controller, the PSP WiFi Max adapter, preplayed copies of Jak X: Combat Racing, Resident Evil 4 Premium Box (with everything in it, even the Ada laser cel!) and Onimusha Blade Warriors. Bought it because someone told me you can unlock Zero, and I wanna see it.

I'll go ahead and throw in that I bought a used Team America: World Police as well. I know it's not a game or accessory but...well I bought it at EB! XD

Lastly, I put preorders down on Rogue Galaxy for the PS2 and Ratchet and Clank for the PSP. Sweet.

How ya doing, buddy?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Summonmaster

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 11:44 PM #99 of 1626
Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX
Lots of fun to use Ingrid outside of CFE, as well as dramatic battle mode. It's not very fun when the controls are definitely more imprecise due to the PSP Dpad structure, costing you in very close matches. If only I could get my hands on that dpad mod somewhere.

Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 11:59 PM #100 of 1626
Erm, I haven't gotten the game yet, but I'm going be get Rampage: Total Destruction shortly. I spent DAYS playing the NES version, and I haven't played a single other Rampage game untl I just discovered that another one is coming over to the GCN and PS2 for the very low price of $19.99 US. With 30 playable monsters and other features, I'm going to have lots of fun with this. It aso includes the original Arcade version AND World Tour too, and all reviews I've read of the game so far said they've been emulated perfectly. What a bargain! It's coming out April 24th.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Recent Game Purchases, or what I bought instead of fourteen new dildos this weekend