Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Transformers Movie (07-04-07)

Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 05:42 AM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 04:42 AM 1 #351 of 366
I don't understand the people that didn't at least find this movie entertaining.

Those are usually the people that go into these sorts of movies expecting them to be bad.
That's exactly why some people didn't like it. Read through all the reviews of the critics who hated the film, and they're all criticizing the concept itself, like they thought they were going to see Shakespear. It's the same sourpuss mentality that keeps comedies from ever having a real shot at an oscar - if it's not deep and meaningful, it's crap.

FELIPE NO
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2007, 12:48 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2007, 06:48 PM #352 of 366
I really liked this movie not being a regular viewer of the old cartoons and of course not having high expectations it was a good special effects/action movie with a simplish plot but it runs ok with it.

But the one thing that spoiled it for me were the camera angles during the fight scenes; you never got a real sense entirely of what was going on especially at the end when it was a robot on robot battle royal, also the fact that some of the robots being undercast and not being able to get a sense of their individual character was a dissapointment.

But it would be a movie I'd gladly go see again.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2007, 01:54 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2007, 12:54 PM #353 of 366
Wrong.

Spoiler:
It was stated in an Q&A session with one of the producers that the little laser Ratchet fired at him in the beginning of the movie was regenerative. By the end of the movie it had restored his voice. The producer admitted this could have been made much clearer.
Really? They did a pretty poor job of that then, especially considering
Spoiler:
we already saw Frenzy get fixed by the allspark.

Pretty shit-weak explaination on that producer's part too, actually.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
eks
Carob Slut

Member 545

Level 9.50

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2007, 07:47 PM #354 of 366
I liked it a lot. Prime's voice was the best part. Got kinda tingly when he introduced himself. I wish he'd have had the old school mask, tho. The mouth was pointless and looked like ass.

When I first learned that Bumble Bee was going to be a Camaro instead of a Beetle, I was disappointed. After seeing the movie, it would've been quite lame for it to have been a Beetle. All of the swerving and drifting wouldn't have been possible or as effective. Plus, it would've looked like crap.

Spoiler:
I'm trying to understand why Bumble Bee didn't "overtake" the tow truck instead of being dragged around by it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2007, 04:53 AM Local time: Aug 19, 2007, 03:53 AM #355 of 366
Transformers hitting IMAX screens, with more footage, on September 21st! Personally I thought the movie should have seen an IMAX release since day one (damn you Harry Potter!).

Quote:
Director Michael Bay's Transformers has already reached $633.9 million worldwide in tickets sales (on a budget of $150 million), but we're thinking fans will want to head back to theaters when his "Giant F**king Robots" will live up to that title even more.

ComingSoon.net/SuperheroHype.com has learned that Paramount Pictures will rerelease the summer blockbuster in IMAX theaters on September 21 with more footage than you saw in the conventional theatrical version.

What? We don't know, but we can't wait to hear Optimus Prime's voice in IMAX's digital speaker system, or see the robots battling it out on the giant screen!
I wonder this'll be a new trend if this release actually sees success, eg. extended editions going IMAX a couple months after original's release.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6220

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2007, 03:55 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2007, 01:55 PM #356 of 366
Really? They did a pretty poor job of that then, especially considering
Spoiler:
we already saw Frenzy get fixed by the allspark.

Pretty shit-weak explaination on that producer's part too, actually.
I concur.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
cyclonejack4
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 23978

Level 1.86

Aug 2007

Old Aug 20, 2007, 04:04 PM #357 of 366
Saw it and loved it.

Very good movie. I'd see it again, but sadly its not on DVD yet.

I was speaking idiomatically.
eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2007, 11:03 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2007, 11:03 AM #358 of 366
Ok. A couple of events happened yesterday -

First, Paramount & Dreamworks announce their decision to go HD-DVD exclusive:
Quote:
LOS ANGELES - Paramount Pictures and DreamWorks Animation SKG announced Monday that they will offer next-generation DVDs in the HD DVD format rather than Blu-ray, a move that further complicates the race between the competing technologies.

"Part of our vision is to aggressively extend our movies beyond the theater, and deliver the quality and features that appeal to our audience," said Brad Grey, chairman and chief executive of Paramount Pictures. "I believe HD DVD is not only the affordable high quality choice for consumers, but also the smart choice for Paramount."
Then, Michael Bay retaliates by refusing to make Transformers 2 in his own personal blog:
Quote:
I want people to see my movies in the best formats possible. For them to deny people who have Blu-ray sucks! They were progressive by having two formats. No Transformers 2 for me!

Bay
Now, Bay just sounds like a little kid in his post, but I guess I can understand what he is saying. I really don't understand how going HD-DVD exclusively would benefit Paramount, considering that Blu-Ray is supposedly winning the format war (from what I read anyways. Don't bite my head off if this you disagree with his!). I mean, unless their getting a shit load of money to go exclusive, I just don't understand what the hell is going on.

I guess it doesn't mean that there is no hope for a sequel, but I would have liked to see Bay return as I thought he did a damn good job with the first :/.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2007, 01:48 PM #359 of 366
HD-DVD is the best format. The quality has already been proven, and it is the only format with finalized and functional specs.

I am surprised at the ignorance of even people in the film industry.

FELIPE NO
Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2007, 04:38 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2007, 02:38 PM #360 of 366
Bay will either come back because Paramount will pay him twenty billion space dollars or they'll get a new director. Transformers 2 and 3 have already been greenlighted. If anything, a new director may actually have the sequels focus more on the actual Transformers.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2007, 03:02 AM Local time: Sep 6, 2007, 02:02 AM #361 of 366
DVD and HD-DVD being released on October 16th. Is anyone as surprised as I am that the DVD is being released this soon? I mean it's going to DVD only ~4 months after it was released in theatres. Isn't the norm usually 5-6 months after the movie's theatre release?

This kinda makes me wonder if they plan to release an extended edition for the winter now, since IMAX version is supposed to have more footage than the theatrical version.

Transformers Hits DVD and HD DVD on Oct. 16! - Superhero Hype!

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Hantei; Sep 6, 2007 at 03:07 AM.
Tagonist
The Age of Legends

Member 22583

Level 14.69

May 2007

Old Sep 6, 2007, 03:53 AM Local time: Sep 6, 2007, 10:53 AM #362 of 366
*sigh*
That means there'll be theater owners and their unions rattling their chains about how nobody thinks of them and how this will ruin their buisiness...
Maybe not in the US, but should they do the same here in Germany I know they would.
Did the same thing back then with Sin City.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

These are the Books of Harrow
They are our doom and our salvation
Learn from them, or we will all perish

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Transformers Movie (07-04-07)