Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Nodame Cantabile - in all its incarnations.

Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Jan 19, 2007, 01:31 AM Local time: Jan 19, 2007, 12:31 AM #1 of 23
Nodame Cantabile - in all its incarnations.

Okay, so I love this series. Being a musician, perhaps I'm simply more connected to the subject matter/setting than most people. However, the popularity of the series leads me to believe that it has appeal across the board, so you can get into it even if you have no knowledge of classical music.

Since I'm currently watching the Live Action jdrama, I'm going to make this an all-inclusive for the jdrama and anime. I figure more people will be interested in the anime since it just started up, so I'll be sure to provide torrents and such.
I'll try to keep up the list, but if anyone wants to update on the new episodes it would be very helpful .

Series description shamelessly taken from Wikipedia::
Spoiler:
Shinichi Chiaki is the top piano student at his university and an excellent violinist, but Chiaki doesn't care about playing these instruments as much as he dreams of someday being a conductor. Chiaki, however, has several deeply rooted fears about traveling, and so finds himself "trapped" in Japan. Because he's trapped, Chiaki starts to question exactly how far he can possibly go in music, especially when he's passed over again and again by others he believes less worthy of musical scholarship and fame.

Recently dumped by his girlfriend for a "ham" looking fellow, passed over for a chance to go overseas, removed from his star spot in the piano competition because he walked out on his piano instructor, Chiaki is at his limit. This is when he meets Nodame, or Megumi Noda. Nodame is a free — and filthy — spirit who reminds Chiaki that music can be fun. She reminds him what drew him to be a conductor in the first place and, in learning how to deal with Nodame, Chiaki learns how to deal with others. Chiaki begins to realize what is possible for him, even within the country of Japan.

For Nodame, Chiaki is everything she isn't. Clean, neat, dedicated, studious and inherently arrogant about his accomplishments and capabilities, Chiaki constantly bullies her into being more serious about life. He sees potential in her and her abilities as a pianist that she doesn't care about. She loves Chiaki and wants to be with him, but because she's not serious about her piano studies nor her personal hygiene, Chiaki always denies her affections.

Anime

Official Website: http://nodame-anime.com/
Studio: JC Staff
Year: 2007
OP: "Allegro Cantabile" by SUEMITSU & THE SUEMITH
ED: "Konna ni Chikaku de..." by Crystal Kay
Fansubbing group: C1 Anime
Torrents:

Episode 1
--
Drama
Personally, I feel that the live action is actually done better than the anime, simply because it's real people and real situations. However, the live action retains some random anime/manga-esque moments that make it amusing. Also, I feel the casting was absolutely spot-on!

Official Website: http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/nodame/index.html
Cast Year: 2006
Episodes: 11
Screenwriter: Etou Rin
Producers: Wakamatsu Hiroki (若松央樹), Shimizu Kazuyuki (清水一幸)
Directors: Takeuchi Hideki, Kawamura Yasuhiro (川村泰祐)
Music: Hattori Takayuki (服部隆之)
Torrents:
D-addicts torrent list.

FYI: the drama downloads are for RAW eps only. You have to download the softsubs from here. (yes, you need to register...sorry...)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jan 20, 2007, 04:40 PM Local time: Jan 20, 2007, 04:40 PM #2 of 23
You've piqued my interest in the series. Normally I start off with manga, and I found a link to volume 3. Unfortunately I can't seem to grab it. If anyone else can get it, can you please upload it to another spot and link it to here?

http://up-file.com/download/60099d80...le-v3.zip.html

I also can't access mirc from my dorm (curses) so gotlurk was out of the question.

Besides, the j-drama for the series looks really cute. Is it complete?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Jan 20, 2007, 06:50 PM Local time: Jan 20, 2007, 05:50 PM #3 of 23
Indeed, the jdrama is complete at only 11 episodes, which I think covers the first 9 volumes of the manga, which I'm not entirely positive is around 16 volumes long (not sure if it's continuing).

The author actually was against it being adapted into a drama series, but since the art style isn't...well...it's not bad, necessarily, but it's definitely not my favorite, I felt that it worked out better as a live-action series. I'm not sure about a sequel drama being in the works, but most people don't think it sounds likely since they don't really "do" that in Japanese TV.

I'll look for scanlations...I used to have some before it was licensed (I even have a couple of manga volumes in Japanese), but I've long since deleted them.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jan 20, 2007, 06:59 PM #4 of 23
I had volumes 5 out of the 6 (maybe 7 by now) that DelRey/Kodansha/whoever released so far (in print), and I too loved it because I could relate to the musical situations with long-time appreciation, not actually majoring in music though. It's sort of nerdy, but I got chills after reading and watching how passionately Chiaki and Nodame performed music, especially the first time they played Mozart's duet together. Mmm~ beautiful music. Also struck some familiarity instantly since Pathetique 2nd movement was part of my exam song list.

It is true that if you have no prior example of classical music, you can stil get into it. My friend is almost music illiterate but still liked the romantic and comedic aspect of it.

I'm looking forward to see how the Timpani player with the "admiration" for Chiaki will turn out like.

Most amazing jew boots
lemonmanko
yell it very loud!

Member 1971

Level 12.17

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 05:24 AM Local time: Jan 21, 2007, 04:24 AM #5 of 23
Quote:
I'm not sure about a sequel drama being in the works, but most people don't think it sounds likely since they don't really "do" that in Japanese TV.
its rare but it does happen recently with Hana Yori Dango (its so very sweet to have a part 2)
i started off watching the anime since i heard the manga was so popular
bound to buy the manga when ever i get the money

thanks to your thread i'm grabbing all the drama episodes
already watched two episodes hardsubbed

I was speaking idiomatically.
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 11:47 AM Local time: Jan 21, 2007, 10:47 AM #6 of 23
Yeah...I wish they were all hardsubbed. But this way I can make a DVD and make selectable subtitles (because I got the Spanish ones as well for my friend), so it's all good.

Originally Posted by Summonmaster
I'm looking forward to see how the Timpani player with the "admiration" for Chiaki will turn out like.
Yeah, Masumi is one of my favorite parts of the story (I actually like him better in the drama as well), because he's so 'out there.'

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 10:47 PM Local time: Jan 22, 2007, 08:47 PM #7 of 23
Just watched the first 2 episodes of this series and so far I'm loving it. The characters are awesome and I can definitely relate to the sort of music elitism that I've seen in classical music lovers. They should have just called it Honey and Clover With Music Students. Why lie.

I do have a question though: how good is the analysis of the performance? I don't have any music training yet Chiaki often makes derogatory comments about the way a character plays a piece and I just wanted to know how spot-on he was.

FELIPE NO
My spheres of activity:
Anime Instrumentality Blog - Latest Music Reviews: Gundam Unicorn Soundtrack | Kampfer Soundtrack
Eminence Online (anime music reviewer) - Latest review: Noir Original Soundtrack
The Nihon Review - Latest review: Taisho Yakyuu Musume
lemonmanko
yell it very loud!

Member 1971

Level 12.17

Mar 2006

Old Jan 23, 2007, 03:23 AM Local time: Jan 23, 2007, 02:23 AM #8 of 23
just to get it out of the way
the art from the anime series reminds me of honey and clover so much its sickening.

from watching all the drama episodes (on my top drama list now) i really think we'll have a 2nd season
its so... incomplete to me
i want to see the characters grow more and more

i think the drama might of ruined the anime for me.. i don't know if i can go back.. im guessing it will take awhile for them to catch up to the drama.

brought back memories when i was in a Oke for 3yrs god i love this show.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Jan 24, 2007, 09:57 AM Local time: Jan 24, 2007, 08:57 AM #9 of 23
Seriously, I feel the same way about the drama ruining the TV show. It was just so well casted and filmed that there really needs to be more drama.

I've never watched H&C, so I have no referece for that -- mostly because I normally don't like this kind of shoujo stuff. The music twist is the thing that makes it most interesting for me and gives me an attachment to the characters.

Originally Posted by zzeroparticle
I do have a question though: how good is the analysis of the performance? I don't have any music training yet Chiaki often makes derogatory comments about the way a character plays a piece and I just wanted to know how spot-on he was.
As to that, I'm a violist, so I don't play piano and therefore am less able to heavily criticize piano playing; pianists themselves are very exacting when it comes to technical ability, something I'm completely unable to judge even as a music major. The performances on the whole sound pretty good. I'm convinced that the "A-Orchestra" is actually made up of real musicians (minus the concertmaster), because they look like they're actually playing. Likewise, I think Nodame is also trained in piano. To me, the performances don't sound as bad as Chiaki makes them out to be , but that's okay. The vast majority of people who watch the show aren't musicians, so it doesn't have to be spot-on (this is the story of musicians portrayed by actors...I think 'Master and Commander' is an annoying example of this). Mine is definitely not playing in most of the scenes, but he pulls it off pretty well.

I really, really hope there's a new season of the drama .

How ya doing, buddy?
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jan 25, 2007, 04:23 AM Local time: Jan 25, 2007, 02:23 AM #10 of 23
Froth-Bite has also released episode 1, and one can only assume they'll be prompt with future releases (WHERE IS SUMOMOMOMOMOMOMOMOMOMOMO)

http://a.scarywater.net/f-b/%5BFroth...5D.mp4.torrent

Watched it, I am hooked. Seki Tomokazu and Ayako Kawasumi do a pretty good job at not totally sounding like their usual roles, which is nice. The designs and the ED animation are very reminiscent of H&C, but given that JC Staff is doing Nodame, that's understandable.

Watched episode 1 of the drama as well, which makes me doubly hooked. I also had a good laugh at being able to spot a few actors I recognize from Densha Otoko.

Anyway, if this keeps up, I might start cracking open the manga too.

Kabukibear
Chocobo

Member 1895

Level 14.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 09:41 PM #11 of 23
Does anyone know what the deal is with the delay in releases of the fansubs? they were all pretty regular and all of a sudden no new ones...

yuna00
Chocobo

Member 305

Level 9.10

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2007, 03:31 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2007, 12:31 PM #12 of 23
i'm watching this anime too! it's soo funny! although, Nodame does seem to get on my nerves a bit, with her weird outbursts and such.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Ozma
Here's Johnny!!!

Member 10311

Level 25.67

Jul 2006

Old Mar 4, 2007, 08:16 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2007, 08:16 AM #13 of 23
The manga is funnier, though. It has many stupidity, slapstick jokes, strange quotes and phrases, light basting, and 'harsh' words that is not included in the anime. I don't know why. Maybe it is censored?

But I must admit that the anime has better drawing than the manga, although somehow, Nodame in the anime reminds me of Suzumiya Haruhi. I don't know why...maybe I'm thinking too faraway

Too bad, the seiyuu for Nodame isn't good enough...she doesn't sounds as a 'retarded' person...^^ And Tomokazu Seki's voice is not cruel enough...he should try 'exploding' a few times, you know...

CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 08:08 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2007, 09:08 PM #14 of 23
Okay this gonna be an semi-off-topic question but I really REALLY demand an answer to this.

Does anyone know whether we are going to have the 2nd season of Nodame the j-dorama or not?

Personally my preference are JDorama >> Manga >> anime

Ozma
Here's Johnny!!!

Member 10311

Level 25.67

Jul 2006

Old Mar 7, 2007, 10:30 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2007, 10:30 PM #15 of 23
Okay this gonna be an semi-off-topic question but I really REALLY demand an answer to this.

Does anyone know whether we are going to have the 2nd season of Nodame the j-dorama or not?

Personally my preference are JDorama >> Manga >> anime
Honestly, in my opinion, I don't think there will be any.

How can they supposed to make a dorama with settings on France and using French actors/actresses? That'll rocket the dorama's budget way too high.

We could just wait and hope on the anime season.

EDIT: See thread no. 23.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Ozma; Sep 12, 2007 at 07:22 AM.
CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2007, 07:28 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2007, 08:28 PM #16 of 23
Ah, I see your point Ozma

Dang, only if Chiaki didn't go to France, then the serie might continue onto the 2nd season XD

Out of topic again... but is there any official OST out for the JDrama?
If so, where can I get it? Cheers!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
EmpyreanHorizon
The cow is stuck...

Member 2562

Level 6.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2007, 02:12 PM Local time: Apr 16, 2007, 03:12 AM #17 of 23
Wai~I absolutely loved the drama of this! The anime is enjoyable as well, on a slower pace.

I realize the last post was a month ago. CuteChocobo, were you able to find the OST? there's a 2cd orchestra Live OST, plus the 1 cd nodame ost, plus the 8 cd best collection set.

Most amazing jew boots
CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2007, 11:11 PM Local time: Apr 16, 2007, 12:11 PM #18 of 23
Yeah, I bought 2 OSTs from their live performances. Saving up the money to get the rest~~

Haven't been keeping up with the anime. Have they finished yet?

Ozma
Here's Johnny!!!

Member 10311

Level 25.67

Jul 2006

Old Apr 16, 2007, 04:20 AM Local time: Apr 16, 2007, 04:20 PM #19 of 23
Yeah, I bought 2 OSTs from their live performances. Saving up the money to get the rest~~

Haven't been keeping up with the anime. Have they finished yet?
Nope. Last episode is 13 or 14. I forgot which. It still has a long way to go.

Haiyami
Wark!

Member 215

Level 1.02

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2007, 11:51 AM Local time: Sep 8, 2007, 10:51 AM #20 of 23
i just finished watching ep. 23 and it looks like that might be the final ep. and it ended at the same spot that the jdrama did... so i was wondering is that where the manga ended or is it still on going?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Haiyami; Sep 8, 2007 at 11:57 AM.
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2007, 12:53 PM #21 of 23
i just finished watching ep. 23 and it looks like that might be the final ep. and it ended at the same spot that the jdrama did... so i was wondering is that where the manga ended or is it still on going?
Nope, the manga's still going. It's actually pretty far past that to tell you the truth. I'm hoping they do a second season of Nodame - either when the manga ends or just when the manga goes into a "third stage" or something.

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Sep 9, 2007, 12:03 AM Local time: Sep 8, 2007, 10:03 PM #22 of 23
Glad to see that the story is still continuing, but man. Nodame Cantabile wraps itself up so well at the end of each little arc that the series could've been done many times over. I confess to thinking that the series ended way back at episode 13 (when the ending theme changed). Ah well.

I'll have to consider reading the manga now, but without the voices and especially the music it probably won't feel the same.

Ozma
Here's Johnny!!!

Member 10311

Level 25.67

Jul 2006

Old Sep 12, 2007, 07:13 AM Local time: Sep 12, 2007, 07:13 PM #23 of 23
Nope, the manga's still going. It's actually pretty far past that to tell you the truth. I'm hoping they do a second season of Nodame - either when the manga ends or just when the manga goes into a "third stage" or something.
Well, your wish does come true.

It seems that they have agreed to make the second act of Nodame Cantabile, but the live dorama ones. I still don't know the details...but they have announced that Ueno Juri is still going to be Nodame and Tamaki Hiroshi will still be Chiaki.

Yeey

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Nodame Cantabile - in all its incarnations.