Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Recent Game Purchases, or what I bought instead of fourteen new dildos this weekend

Radical
With a Twist of Lemon

Member 709

Level 13.94

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 01:09 AM #101 of 1626
I got Metal Gear Solid for about $10 on eBay, and I just got it working with an emulator. I'm probably going to start playing it tomorrow. I've played MGS2, and I recently beat Metal Gear for NES, and if MGS is anything like either of those two, it will be a good game.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 05:14 AM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 11:14 PM #102 of 1626

Children of Mana was on special at play-asia, and Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow I bought from an auction site. They're both very good games.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 06:41 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 05:41 PM #103 of 1626
Just picked up: Rayman Revolution, Ridge Racer V, and Mark of Kri used at Gamestop for $23.37 combined. Rayman disc is pretty beat to heck, so I'm giving it tlc on the disc grinder to smooth it out.

Rayman 2 on Dreamcast was my favorite Dreamcast game (solid platforming over gimmicks ftw!) so I'm looking forward to trying out the PS2 version.

FELIPE NO
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
ladybuff
Wark!

Member 986

Level 1.34

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 11:24 PM #104 of 1626
I recieved Kingdom Hearts 2 plus the collector's edition of the strategy guide as an Easter/early Mother's Day gift from my father. I was so giddy because he surprised me with the collector's guide. I didn't expect him to spend that much money, but I was very thankful.

When I went to see the Silent Hill movie opening night, I was in a big horror mood, so I went to EB in the same mall and poked around. I had wanted to find the Xbox version of Fatal Frame, but they didn't have it. I ended up finding two horror titles in the discount/used games bin:

- Clock Tower 3 - $9.99 : No manual or original case. I forgot to check the disc's condition until I was home, and noticed a crack on the label side. I tested it, and thankfully it works perfectly fine so far.

- Echo Night Beyond - $9.99 - Original case and manual included. A few minor surface scratches, but nothing to worry about.

All in all, it's been a great month for me when it comes to gaming. I'm still in the middle of KH2 and then plan to play the two used games next.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts 2 (working on the secret ending), Clock Tower 3
Total games completed this year: 10
< - I just like this cow, so here it is.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 03:59 AM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 06:59 PM #105 of 1626

What is this insanity, the use of 8-bit NES stuff everywhere, often for no reason, is outstanding. No stupid crap in standard mode like exploding blocks, though the shadows are a bit annoying. So tempted to see what's going on up in the top screen, but NO TIME. The other modes are just a nice bonus, really. Push mode rapes me, Catch mode is like some weird shooting thing but with four hundred thousand Samus clones appearing in the background. Puzzle mode, HOLY SHIT YOSHI'S COOKIE. Touch mode, despite the name, entertained me for about three seconds.

Pretty good music, too. So glad THQ's planned Tetris DS vanished. They'd already done too much damage. TOO MUCH.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Malmer
From Shambler with Love

Member 168

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 05:28 AM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 12:28 PM #106 of 1626
Tetris DS!

I just bought Metroid: Zero Mission, and it's be the best Metroid game I've ever played. It might be that I'm just beginning to "get" the universe and all the tricks, or it may just be plain easier.

Anyway, you don't really get stuck for real in this game - not more than you can figure it out before it gets too frustrating, and it seems pretty well balanced.

I haven't played much these days, but this game just can't keep me away.
I'm already done with the "original Metroid"-part of this game, after just two days.

I'm getting Tetris DS just as soon as I'm done with Zero Mission, and I don't reckon it will be long :P

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rocca
is Finding Forever.

Member 609

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 09:21 AM #107 of 1626

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 11:19 AM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 11:19 AM #108 of 1626
Oh you suck Rocca. I want Tales of Eternia but alas, I cannot comprehend teh Japanese.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 12:14 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 07:14 PM #109 of 1626
That's a very translated version of Tales of Eternia, though. There's this batch of countries called Europe, see.

I was speaking idiomatically.

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 12:27 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 12:27 PM #110 of 1626
Oh is that the PAL version? Cool then, I'll have to do teh importing.

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 08:31 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 12:01 AM #111 of 1626
Ikaruga

But of course I am getting the PAL with the horrible cover art

I purchased this today online, so it should be a couple of weeks until I see it.

FELIPE NO
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 10:51 AM Local time: Apr 27, 2006, 11:51 AM #112 of 1626
Originally Posted by Malmer
I just bought Metroid: Zero Mission, and it's be the best Metroid game I've ever played. It might be that I'm just beginning to "get" the universe and all the tricks, or it may just be plain easier.

Anyway, you don't really get stuck for real in this game - not more than you can figure it out before it gets too frustrating, and it seems pretty well balanced.
Zero Mission is way easier than the old school Metroids, primarily because it tells you where you need to go next. Real Metroids are about exploration, not "go here now!" crap. Zero Mission is a whole world better than Fussion though, so it's not bad. I still hopelessly await a direct port of Super Metroid (god I hope they don't change anything about it).

Just bought Ace Combat Zero byotches. Go buy it now!

Why are games with Zero in the name so good?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

[ MOBIUS ]
JasonTerminator
Sup staypuft.

Member 1276

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 11:10 AM Local time: Apr 27, 2006, 09:10 AM #113 of 1626
I ordered the Tekken 5 Collector's with Arcade Stick yesterday from Outpost, and I made a deal with a fellow CAG to get a GBA Micro and WarioWare Inc. (Finally.)

I also picked up KH2 a few weeks ago, but I've already beat it anyway, so it can't really be called "new".

And I called Best Buy about my copy of Geist that I ordered a month ago that still hasn't arrived. If it's not here by Friday, I can get them to ship another one or get a refund (To be honest, I don't think they have any more at BB.com, but I spotted one in an area BB, so I might just ask for in-store pickup.)

Last edited by JasonTerminator; Apr 27, 2006 at 11:12 AM.
PFG 9000
What happened to my old account?

Member 3602

Level 1.10

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 08:30 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2006, 07:30 PM #114 of 1626
I just picked up Sol-Feace, a lesser-known shooter for the Sega CD. I've been playing the Genesis version, Sol-Deace, for a few years and finally got a chance to pick up the somewhat improved CD port.

acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 09:16 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2006, 08:16 PM #115 of 1626
Tiger Woods 06 and NHL 06. Got both price matched at Future Shop because Best Buy was sold out, and they took an additional 7% off. So I pretty much got both for less than half price.

Tiger is absolutely great (though not NEARLY as pretty as the one on 360), and I absolutely cannot stop playing NHL 06. Oilers season mode coming like what.

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 12:07 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 12:07 AM #116 of 1626
It's not so much what I bought...so much as what I simply took. >__>;

We've had a boxed up Dragon Quest 8 marketing set, consisting of one (1) poster, a bunch (many) of small and large display boxes, and one (1) 60" standee. XD We never used it, and it was supposed to go up back in October. We cleaned out the backroom from work and noticed there, so instead of throwing it away I decided to assemble it and place it in my way-too-small-for-a-standee room.

It'll have a corner to itself when I get into my new apartment in late May.

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 10:02 PM Local time: Apr 29, 2006, 09:02 PM #117 of 1626
I could have sworn I posted this already, but yeah, I just got Guilty Gear Dust Strikers today. I managed to play it for about half an hour, and while the game was pretty good, the controls take some getting used to. Like most of the reviews say, the main problem lies in turning to face your opponent. They made this way more difficult than it had to be.

Most amazing jew boots
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 10:24 PM #118 of 1626
Just got Lost Magic for the DS. A pretty fun game, but gets WAY too hard in points where you don't want them to get hard... I'm stuck on one mission and it's really pissing me off.

Syndrome
Esper

Member 211

Level 19.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 04:57 AM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 11:57 AM #119 of 1626
Originally Posted by SouthJag
I purchased the Megaman X Collection GC controller
!
They made a GC Controller for Megaman X Collection? I've never seen it. Mind to link me up?

Most amazing jew boots
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 09:20 AM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 09:20 AM #120 of 1626
Originally Posted by Syndrome
!
They made a GC Controller for Megaman X Collection? I've never seen it. Mind to link me up?
http://gear.ign.com/articles/682/682875p1.html

Sadly, they didn't make one for the PS2, the system I own the MMX Collection on. But when we got that one in stores, I eventually talked myself into buying it anyway, since I'm a fan of the Blue Bomber.

Most amazing jew boots

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Rocca
is Finding Forever.

Member 609

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 07:54 PM #121 of 1626
YaY.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by SouthJag
Oh is that the PAL version? Cool then, I'll have to do teh importing.
I can't believe I missed this. Yes, import at once! The game is smoother (although minimally) and the framerates gone noticeably higher in battles and in towns. Also, since the PSP is quasi 16:9, you can see further from ahead and behind in battles, making things kind of easier. Worth the shot.

Last edited by Rocca; May 1, 2006 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Eidos
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 6104

Level 1.21

May 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 11:56 AM #122 of 1626
Hmmm.....most recently, it'd have to be Sui. V and Ace Combat Zero as well. I bought them both in the same day. Sui. V is probably the best out of the series since Sui.II from what I have played in it. As for Zero, well, this game is pretty amazing. "If it doesn't need to be fixed, then don't fix it" applies directly to this series. Namco hasn't really changed the gameplay at all to much and thats why this series is still doing great.

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 12:10 PM Local time: May 3, 2006, 12:10 PM #123 of 1626
Originally Posted by Rocca
I can't believe I missed this. Yes, import at once! The game is smoother (although minimally) and the framerates gone noticeably higher in battles and in towns. Also, since the PSP is quasi 16:9, you can see further from ahead and behind in battles, making things kind of easier. Worth the shot.
Pray tell, Rocca. I've never imported anything before, save for this Voltron boxset I got from Ebay. It literally came from Hong Kong. >_>; Anywho, could you PM me with the website you got your ToE from?

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Josiah
Normal Gym Leader

Member 412

Level 22.01

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 12:48 PM #124 of 1626
Last Saturday was the most recent for me. I got 2 games: Guild Wars Factions from EBGames and then Ikaruga from Sashimi Games. The latter I got preowned for $50. Considering how it's become relatively hard to find now (For example, employees at EBGames had no idea what I was talking about when I asked them about it) and some people are charging lots for it online, I'm happy I got it at the price and condition I did.

evergreen
Bullet in the Head

Member 828

Level 19.83

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 03:48 PM Local time: May 3, 2006, 01:48 PM #125 of 1626
I purchased Oblivion after realizing just how nonlinear it was and seeing no other games out that were vaguely interesting. I got it for the 360.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Recent Game Purchases, or what I bought instead of fourteen new dildos this weekend