Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] FFVII Compilation Thread

ShadowScythe
Falcon Hunter

Member 646

Level 12.13

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:07 PM #26 of 800
YESSSSSSSS...i'm buying the dvd the day it comes out...

and those pix of the cloud auction items look really cool...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:16 PM #27 of 800
Quote:
Gotta say that I'm really looking forward to hearing how George Newburn will present Sephiroth. Perhaps Superman with a more devious voice? He played the ultimate good guy in JL, and now he's going to be the ultimate bad guy in AC, this should be very interesting.
Well, he did play Justice Lord Superman (an alternate Supes that wasn't afraid to burn Lex Luthor alive), but that Supes wasn't actually devious, just angrier. About the only other evidence of his villainous voice was when Nooj was momentarily possessed in FFX-2, but that was too brief to get a feel. Basically, I have no idea how he'll sound, but I certainly hope he pulls it off.

Do you know any sites that might sell just the custom swords? If I could pick them up for only $10 or so, I definetley would buy them as additions for Cloud (if I ever buy him).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:10 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 08:10 PM #28 of 800
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
Do you know any sites that might sell just the custom swords? If I could pick them up for only $10 or so, I definetley would buy them as additions for Cloud (if I ever buy him).
Haven't seen any, but it'd be cool if some of their sculptors could mass produce their work. Ahhh, I really hope Kotobukiya will consider doing an extra pieces back, where it'll come with the 6 swords plus the neat sword holster pack.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Hantei; Mar 2, 2006 at 09:16 PM.
Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:14 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 07:14 PM #29 of 800
I downloaded and watched the damn thing. I admit I was disappointed (after waiting since September to watch FFVII:AC, it would be easy for that to happen). Big hint to Square-Enix: a great RPG story doesn't always make a great movie plot (though the action and music was excellent).

I was speaking idiomatically.
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:22 PM #30 of 800
Originally Posted by Hantei
Haven't seen any, but it'd be cool if some of their sculptors could mass produce their work. Ahhh, I really hope Kotobukiya will consider doing an extra pieces back, where it'll come with the 6 swords plus the neat sword holster pack.
I hope so too. If they had done that with the Fenrir boxset then I would of dropped the $60+ no problem.

I just hope, and probably will, they'll produce some FFXII products. I'd love for a Play Arts of Judge Master Gabranth.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:25 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 07:25 PM #31 of 800
I ordered/reserved the movie at a Suncoast in the mall next to my school, the entire thing should cost $20, which means it won't be the Limited Edition... but I'm ok with that.

They said mid to late April (26th probably) for getting the movie.

FELIPE NO
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:51 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 12:51 AM #32 of 800
Hell, I was pretty disappointed that they weren't including Last Order with the movie. What the fuck were they waiting for? Goddamn. Will they be including the Reminisence of FFVII which was included in the Japanese DVD? Somehow I doubt it......

Oh, I still think the custom sword from before were better. (Very sexy!!!)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg First Sword custom_00.jpg (53.0 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg First Sword custom_01.jpg (42.7 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg First Sword custom_02.jpg (27.8 KB, 38 views)
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 01:03 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 01:03 PM #33 of 800
Well, both the DVD and UMD versions are available for pre-ordering and EB and GameStop. I've got $25 down on both versions since I plan to own both. But thank God SE finally came up with a release date.

I think most of us were fairly certain it would be before Dirge of Cerberus, since I believe that game starts after the events of Advent Children.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Yillb
Syklis Green

Member 145

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 01:50 PM #34 of 800
Maybe I'll be able to delete those iso's now, I should get a dvd burner. Anyway, yay! This is very good, can't wait to watch it on something other then a computer and small speakers.

Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 02:26 PM #35 of 800
Originally Posted by hikarub
Will they be including the Reminisence of FFVII which was included in the Japanese DVD? Somehow I doubt it......
Yep it'll be on the first disc.

hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:48 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 01:48 PM #36 of 800
Oh, thank god!!! I know it's just a small thing and all, but I would've been seriously pissed if it wasn't included. It would sort of explain about Vincent's....
Spoiler:
....cell phone. He doesn't have one in AC (Marlene asks him and he shows her his mantle with nothing inside). When he shows up for the Bahamut Sin fight, he asks where the phone shop is. And in the trailer for Dirge of Cerebus, you see he now has a phone.

Heh heh, I feel a little warmer inside.

How ya doing, buddy?
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 05:04 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 04:04 PM #37 of 800
Originally Posted by Simo
I hope so too. If they had done that with the Fenrir boxset then I would of dropped the $60+ no problem.

I just hope, and probably will, they'll produce some FFXII products. I'd love for a Play Arts of Judge Master Gabranth.
I dunno, I kinda having doubts on a FFXII Play Arts line, as so far all the FF Play Arts figures have been from games where Tetsuya Nomura had been the character designer.

Oh and to follow up on I said about the other AC figures (Shadow Creeper, Bahamut Sin, Sierra) I'd say the packaging dimensions were about 11"x10"x10", so you can probably get an idea as how big these figs are. Not sure was the exact scale is for Sierra or Bahamut (he was about as tall as Sephiroth) is, but I'd say the Shadow Creeper's are on the one as the cast (Tifa, Cloud, etc.). With Sierra costing about $50, Bahamut Sin $40, and I think Shadow Creeper was $35. The quality is pretty good, the paint job on Bahamut and Shadow Creeper were really well done. Bahamut looked to be pretty well articulated and Sierra looks like any other model airship with rotatable propellers. Though, those prices are way too high for me, so I doubt think I'll be getting these any time soon (I mean the cast figures were cheaper than these, and you get more out of them).

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 06:05 PM #38 of 800
Quote:
I dunno, I kinda having doubts on a FFXII Play Arts line, as so far all the FF Play Arts figures have been from games where Tetsuya Nomura had been the character designer.
They have Play Arts for Dragon Quest VIII.

I'd love for some KHII Play Arts figures myself.

Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 06:39 PM #39 of 800

Oh and to follow up on I said about the other AC figures (Shadow Creeper, Bahamut Sin, Sierra) I'd say the packaging dimensions were about 11"x10"x10", so you can probably get an idea as how big these figs are. Not sure was the exact scale is for Sierra or Bahamut (he was about as tall as Sephiroth) is, but I'd say the Shadow Creeper's are on the one as the cast (Tifa, Cloud, etc.). With Sierra costing about $50, Bahamut Sin $40, and I think Shadow Creeper was $35. The quality is pretty good, the paint job on Bahamut and Shadow Creeper were really well done. Bahamut looked to be pretty well articulated and Sierra looks like any other model airship with rotatable propellers. Though, those prices are way too high for me, so I doubt think I'll be getting these any time soon (I mean the cast figures were cheaper than these, and you get more out of them).
Well Koto have a wide array of FF products including some FFVI & IX items. I can't see them passing up an ideal opportunity for FFXII merchendise though.

$50 for Sierra? Where's that listed because 2 online retailers carry it for $26-27 which is why I thought you might of picked one up.

I'll probably place an order myself but I'm still trying to find out if the preorder for the FFXII OST actually deducts payment for preorders there and then before dropping cash for more FF products.

FELIPE NO
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 06:58 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 05:58 PM #40 of 800
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
They have Play Arts for Dragon Quest VIII.

I'd love for some KHII Play Arts figures myself.
I know, but I was refering in terms of Final Fantasy Play Arts.
Well Koto have a wide array of FF products including some FFVI & IX items. I can't see them passing up an ideal opportunity for FFXII merchendise though.
Ahh, but they're not Play Arts figures. But yea, I guess they wouldn't pass up on the opportunity to capitalize on all forms of merchandising for FFXII.

$50 for Sierra? Where's that listed because 2 online retailers carry it for $26-27 which is why I thought you might of picked one up.
Oh this was at my local comic shop, not sure why they raised and ranged the price like that. Meh, anyway I'm not as crazy for those ones as the actual characters. But if I do see in that range, then I'll definitely pick up a Sierra, if not a Bahamut. Who knows, maybe these will be cheaper at the next local anime conventtion.

How ya doing, buddy?
PuPu
Anyone for a pupu platter?

Member 379

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:07 PM #41 of 800
Oh this was at my local comic shop, not sure why they raised and ranged the price like that.
Where in Canada do you reside exactly? I could direct you somewhere, where they wouldn't rip you off

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:16 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 03:16 PM #42 of 800
Originally Posted by PuPu
Where in Canada do you reside exactly? I could direct you somewhere, where they wouldn't rip you off
Calgary, Alberta. I'm a regular at Phoenix Comics. Pretty good shop, as I always seem to able to find what I want there.

PuPu
Anyone for a pupu platter?

Member 379

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:23 AM #43 of 800
ah, can't help you there then In Toronto I know two stores that usually gets all this stuff in. One even imports random stuff from japan (final fantasy creatures random boxes, FF7AC SD keychain, etc.). Everything's even reasonably priced.

Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:39 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 12:39 AM #44 of 800
Ah, no worries. I'm not hell-bent on getting them, as my real interest is with the character figures. Boosting for that Kadaj! Hopefully Kotobukiya has made the commitment to go through with it.

BTW, there's a counter on AC's official english page (which means they're commited to the release date). Looks like the site's set up went through a slight change, though information wise it appears to be same (except the news page). They really should update it through.

http://na.square-enix.com/dvd/ff7ac/

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:58 AM #45 of 800
Ah, no worries. I'm not hell-bent on getting them, as my real interest is with the character figures. Boosting for that Kadaj! Hopefully Kotobukiya has made the commitment to go through with it.

BTW, there's a counter on AC's official english page (which means they're commited to the release date). Looks like the site's set up went through a slight change, though information wise it appears to be same (except the news page). They really should update it through.

http://na.square-enix.com/dvd/ff7ac/
Yeah the April 25th date is as solid as it can be. We actually received all the listing and pricing details for the UMD version on Friday.

Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 04:40 AM #46 of 800
So, how many years has it been? LOL

Ryunam
As bright as a pumpkin

Member 158

Level 11.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 07:52 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 01:52 PM #47 of 800
I'm truly looking forward for the american release of this movie.

Given the monstrously-low chance that this film has of being released here in Italy, I'll probably end up purchasing the R1 DVD, you know, in order to own a properly translated version of the thing.

That is, as long as contents are presented faithfully to their Japanese counterpart - and as long as the dub doesn't appear to be indubitable shit.

FELIPE NO
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 07:56 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 02:56 PM #48 of 800
Ryunam, the US version is being released by Sony, so I think that there will be a European release. I'm hoping for it, because I don't have the money to import a R1 copy, and to buy a DVD player that's region-free.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Ryunam
As bright as a pumpkin

Member 158

Level 11.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 08:01 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 02:01 PM #49 of 800
Yes, you're right. It will be probably released in Europe as well, but what I was mainly taking into account is the provable fact that an Italian dub is very unlikely.

Sorry for not being too clear, that's what I meant with my assertion.

Then again, if a R2 DVD comes out, and if it appears to be coherent with the other editions, I might consider opting for that, instead.

Most amazing jew boots
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:02 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 01:02 AM #50 of 800
Hantei, forgive me if I'm wrong, but weren't you the one who posted pics of the Cloud & Fenrir you bought and took out of the box? (Before the crash, I mean.) I just went and bought the set as well!

You mentioned that it was a bit difficult to remove Cloud's hand due to the close proximity of the elbow joint. I found this to not be a problem as the hand came off quite smoothly. However, putting Cloud's sword hand in it's stead was fucking HARD!!! o_O....Then it took me ages to put the sword in his hand after that. Just the way it was molded seemed to be a problem. I literally had to pry the fingers open with a screw driver before I could slip the sword handle in..... >_< . But after that it was great - the hand just held the sword in a good grip.....way cool!!

Putting him on the bike was....difficult too. I still can't get him to sit on the bike properly (his butt won't touch the seat) and I can't get his left hand to grip the steering handle. And is it just me or is the elevation of the front fork a little too high?

:cheers:

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] FFVII Compilation Thread