Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] How do you get 3,000 pikachus on a bus? POKEMON!

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 04:09 PM #51 of 1579
Heh, that's about right. The good thing is, at least we know the general timeframe for these games to be released. Hopefully we have the Black DS lite by then.

Anyone have any special reason for getting one version over the other, regardless of how trivial it may be? Personally, I always pick the one with Sandshrew in it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 05:57 PM #52 of 1579
Those are some really freaky looking creatures. I'm almost speechless just looking at them. And not a good kind of speechless. As for the list of creatures to appear in the new game, when will we finally see the baby form of Kangaskan become something besides a child in a pouch? Never? Crap.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 06:20 PM #53 of 1579
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
Anyone have any special reason for getting one version over the other, regardless of how trivial it may be? Personally, I always pick the one with Sandshrew in it.
Heh, same here. I always gotta have a Sandshrew. Sandslash owns, and the Shiny version uber owns.

As for Diamond and Pearl, I think my little sister said she's going to get Pearl, in which case I'll get Diamond. We only have one DS between us though, so we couldn't trade even if we wanted to. I personally doubt the games will be world wide wi-fi compatible.

I got Sapphire for Seviper :D

Originally Posted by Acro-nym
Those are some really freaky looking creatures. I'm almost speechless just looking at them. And not a good kind of speechless.
I feel quite the same myself : /

I was speaking idiomatically.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 06:44 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 05:44 PM #54 of 1579
Originally Posted by Freelance Wolf
As for Diamond and Pearl, I think my little sister said she's going to get Pearl, in which case I'll get Diamond. We only have one DS between us though, so we couldn't trade even if we wanted to. I personally doubt the games will be world wide wi-fi compatible.
Well, the Nintendo WFC logo is on the box, so it's not that doubtful to think that you might be able to trade online. It has to have something to do online, and the only good things I could think of is either trading or battling, so hopefully we'll get both!

As for me, I would rather have Diamond, just because the name and the boxart seem cooler to me than Pearl. Regardless, I just want to have the opposite version of whatever my sister gets. She wanted Diamond at first too, but I was able to persuade her to change to Pearl. Hopefully she'll stay like that when the games come out!

Most amazing jew boots
Vampiro
Good Chocobo

Member 9333

Level 17.36

Jul 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 07:16 PM #55 of 1579
Quote:
I judge books by their cover, so I'm going for the one with the more badass looking pokemon on the front. LOL SHALLOW

I just don't really care about "this one has this pokemon" anymore. I'm not invested in the series like I once was. I just play them because they're good RPGs.

FELIPE NO
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 02:13 PM #56 of 1579
This is the info about Wi-Fi that I got from pocketmonsters.net:
Quote:
Pokemon Pearl and Diamond will use Nintendo's online gaming service, Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. As with other games, you must get the Friend Code of your opponents before being able to connect. It appears that up to 32 codes can be stored in the game. You can battle, trade Pokémon and use the microphone to talk over Wi-Fi in Diamond and Pearl. This functionality can be accessed via the Pokémon Wi-Fi Club, which is located in the previously revealed Pokémon Center basement. The DS Headset was also announced and comes out on September 24th for 1200 yen.
Nintendo's motto: Talk to your friends, not to stranger!
- This is going to be like Animal Crossing. You can't "play" against stranger like in MKDS, Tetris or MPH because it won't have a "regional/worldwide" match setup.

...maybe.
<_<

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Buizel; Jul 14, 2006 at 02:16 PM.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 02:30 PM Local time: Jul 14, 2006, 01:30 PM #57 of 1579
That's still not too bad, and it's certainly better than nothing. In fact, I think I would rather have it like this for a game of this nature, because I could see random strangers wanting to disconnect more if they were in a losing situation. This seems less likely to happen if you're fighting against someone you know to some degree (like, let's say, someone from GFF for example), as I doubt that they would want to be labled as a disconnector.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 02:59 PM #58 of 1579
OMG, we can trade monsters online?! Awesome news for me. This would be a must have reason to get the game.
I hope there's some new monsters leaked out soon. I don't like any I've seen so far : /

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Freelance; Jul 14, 2006 at 03:02 PM.
Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 06:41 PM Local time: Jul 14, 2006, 05:41 PM #59 of 1579
Originally Posted by Freelance Wolf
OMG, we can trade monsters online?! Awesome news for me. This would be a must have reason to get the game.

I agree, it would be extremely convenient. I always hated having to use the Link Cable AND trying to find someone else who was willing to trade. Wi-fi is making everything so much more simple.

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 01:45 AM #60 of 1579
Here's a promo video/commercial that aired in Japan for Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. Basically it confirms Wi-Fi internet battles. Oh, and check out the yellow spiked pokemon in the video. Electabuzz evolution maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXqZ8TlaaNs

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 08:33 AM #61 of 1579
Cool commercial. Thanks. That supposedly Electabuzz evolution is actually pretty nice, compared to all the the monsters I've seen so far. Back before I found out about it, I once thought Torkoal was Slugma's final evolution, so that monster may actually be separate from Electabuzz.

Online play. Best news I've heard all day!

I was speaking idiomatically.
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 09:10 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 12:40 AM #62 of 1579
Online play was a given. Nintendo would the most stupid company alive if they didn't include it.

Oh and yes, that does looks like an Electabuzz evolution, or at least looks very similar.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by NovaX; Jul 15, 2006 at 09:12 AM.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 09:51 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 02:51 PM #63 of 1579

Gotta be an Electabuzz-based thingamajigger.

How ya doing, buddy?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 10:16 AM #64 of 1579
Stumbling around GAF I found a Pokemon Wiki with quite a few videos, so people can get a better idea of what this game looks like. The commercial's quality is kind of wonky, thanks t youtube.

http://www.pokewiki.de/Pok%C3%A9mon_...d_Pearl/Videos

Here's some artwork of what appears to be the 3 starters. I doubt it though, since one is Water Squirrel, the other is plant and the last one is Rock/Poison. Boxart, too.

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Jul 15, 2006 at 10:19 AM.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 10:23 AM #65 of 1579
That squirrel looks like it's the bastard child of the Pikachu family or something. It's bad enough we already have Pluse whatever and Minun. Blah, can't spell.

How ya doing, buddy?
Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 11:04 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 09:04 AM #66 of 1579
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
Stumbling around GAF I found a Pokemon Wiki with quite a few videos, so people can get a better idea of what this game looks like. The commercial's quality is kind of wonky, thanks t youtube.

http://www.pokewiki.de/Pok%C3%A9mon_...d_Pearl/Videos

Here's some artwork of what appears to be the 3 starters. I doubt it though, since one is Water Squirrel, the other is plant and the last one is Rock/Poison. Boxart, too.
Um, it isn't a water squirrel. It's an electric squirrel. The scorpion thing is poison/dark too. Weren't you the one who posted that info as well? Unless that squirrel is water/electric. >_>

And you never know, they could be the starters. It would be different for them not to go with the normal water/grass/fire starters but in the last games they were not entirely water/grass/fire either. They were combinations. Why not have electric/grass/posion?

Neogin
Wealth of Random Knowledge

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 11:20 AM #67 of 1579
Uh, I'm guessing because that just ruins the rock, paper, scissor chain.

And that squirrel was confirmed to be just electric..

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 11:36 AM #68 of 1579
Originally Posted by Shonos
Um, it isn't a water squirrel. It's an electric squirrel. The scorpion thing is poison/dark too. Weren't you the one who posted that info as well? Unless that squirrel is water/electric. >_>
Because I've simply read the info on these guys once or twice, and what stuck out to me was that it was it's color. Don't we already have an water "squirrel" of sorts? You know, Marril and Azumarril? And I could've sworn we had an electric one too (that's not Pikachu).

Quote:
And you never know, they could be the starters. It would be different for them not to go with the normal water/grass/fire starters but in the last games they were not entirely water/grass/fire either. They were combinations. Why not have electric/grass/posion?
Neogin pretty much gave the reason, it'd break the chain we've had for the rest of the series of Fire/Water/Grass. Even as combinations in the last game, they still adhered to that rule. Maybe the reasoning behind these is to throw some variety into training given that your pokemon has a both a larger amount of strengths and weakness because of the dual type (wider range of pokemon to train on, etc..).

How ya doing, buddy?

scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 12:12 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 09:12 AM #69 of 1579
that last one kinda breaks the chain of small weak and cute looking too, I don't think it's a starting pokemon.

Most amazing jew boots
Vampiro
Good Chocobo

Member 9333

Level 17.36

Jul 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 12:37 PM #70 of 1579
Wow... that scorpion thing is really fucking lame. At least the two boxart pokemon make up for it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 12:56 PM #71 of 1579
I wouldn't be surprised at all of the last one was a Grass/Poison type or something... Kinda like Bulbasaur.

Middle one looks like your fire type... No other combo I could tell from that.

Top one looks like your Chinchou combo of Lightning/Water.

Most likely, they're not gonna break the chain. This time, they're probably not going to make it as obvious. But if there's anything they've completely broken in the chain of starter Pokemon, it's this.

Making all of them look cute. That last one is far from winning a cute competition.

Most amazing jew boots
WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 03:32 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 02:32 PM #72 of 1579
Wow, for some reason (probably just pose), the Electabuzz relative looks like a wierd Electabuzz/Pinsir hybrid to me. Honestly though, I think its probably an alternate evolution to Elekid, instead of a stage 3.

- WraithTwo -

Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 03:44 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 02:44 PM #73 of 1579
Those are some interesting clips. One thing about the original promo that threw me a bit was when he used the stylus to put a crown on top of the "squirrel" type. Must be a new variation to the ribbon system.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 03:52 PM #74 of 1579
Guys, those are NOT starters.

They're random earligame Pokemon.

The starters were supposed to be revealed today, but no dice.

Also the anime for Diamond/Pearl is supposed to start likely the same day D/P comes out...

...and it doesn't have Ash. Can we say POSSIBLE WIN?

Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 03:57 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 01:57 PM #75 of 1579
Yeah, it uses the female trainer of D/P instead. Double win. ;D

I rather like her looks better than the male. There's just something about him that seems.. odd. The beret, perhaps?

Anyways I heard you will be able to use your old GBA cartridges to get your old pokemon in Diamond/Pearl. Is this true? If it is these games will rock even more. I so hated having to wait till I beat the E4 in games like Emerald and transfering over that gay link cable. ; ;

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] How do you get 3,000 pikachus on a bus? POKEMON!