Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Recent Game Purchases, or what I bought instead of fourteen new dildos this weekend

T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 09:43 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 10:43 PM #51 of 1626
Originally Posted by Freelance Wolf
@T1249NTSCJ

It looks like your post disappeared from this thread for reasons unknown, but I did play Sims 2 Open for Business for longer yesterday and today, so now I am able to form a better opinion of the expansion.

I think it's pretty cool. Starting your own business has a kinda tough learning curve, but once you get into the swing of things, it's great. If your neighbourhood has lots of kids, I'd highly recommend this, as you can now make lots of new toys with the crafting workshop. The base game had a pathetic amount of stuff for kids to do, and it irked me somewhat. Now they can play with pet bricks, sell lemonade, have more interactions with adults, fly kites, play with clown-in-boxes, and more.
That doesn't sound so bad, I take that it doesn't live up to the Nightlife expansion pack. Either way, I could something new to add to my current Sims lifestyle.

Just so this post doesn't get deleted like the last time, my most recent "purchase" was NBA Live 2006. It was actually a gift and if I was home at the time it was left then I wouldn't have accepted it. The game itself doesn't even match up to NBA 2K2 on the Dreamcast. That 360 console is looking more and more prettier everyday with the release of MLB2K6 on the way and NBA2K6 out right now. I seriously need to make more use of my HDTV. :doh:

Thanks for your input by the way Freelance Wolf.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 09:43 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 09:43 PM #52 of 1626
Originally Posted by Timberwolf
Which was why I offered to go back when they had more "new" copies in stock.

I just don't like buying a copy that had, for whatever reason, been taken out. Even if it is new and they didn't do anything to it, the fact that it's been taken out bothers me. Other stores don't (normally) do this. (...right?)
Eh, unfortunately GameStop has the same policy. I'll agree with you in that I also have my preference to buy a game unopened though. Sorry, didn't mean to call you a prick. ^__^;

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:47 AM #53 of 1626
Originally Posted by SouthJag
Eh, unfortunately GameStop has the same policy. I'll agree with you in that I also have my preference to buy a game unopened though. Sorry, didn't mean to call you a prick. ^__^;
Naw, no worries

GameStop and EB are a merged video game retailer, right? So I'm guessing they have near-identical policies.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Ryunam
As bright as a pumpkin

Member 158

Level 11.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:06 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 06:06 PM #54 of 1626
Just lately, I've bought a PAL copy of "Terranigma" for the SNES.

Trying to acquire this gem was becoming a real pain, since this game's overwhelmingly desired by uncountable masses of collectors. I eventually won this cart-only eBay auction at a moderately costy price but, man, it's indubitable that the thing's worth all the hassle.

This is one of my favourite action-RPG among all. One of the most gripping and intensely-told adventures I've had the pleasure to witness and experience fully. And it's also unusual, moving, breathtaking to say the least.

It's been such an underrated title. But I reckon it's worth of every praise a SNES enthusiast can give it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:29 PM #55 of 1626
Originally Posted by T1249NTSCJ
That doesn't sound so bad, I take that it doesn't live up to the Nightlife expansion pack. Either way, I could something new to add to my current Sims lifestyle. :)
I played a bit more yesterday. The new toys you can make are so cool (be sure to check out the clown-in-the-box for some hilarious stuff :D), and kids can now show off to adults, like cartwheels. It's so bloody cute!

Oh, and no, it still doesn't live up to Nightlife. Gawd, I can't live without that expansion pack. I still haven't gotten University. The whole school thing bugs me, especially when I don't have many teenagers in my neighbourhood. I sure want that pool table though >_>

I hope that a Pet one comes out soon. I want a dog and a ferret, dammit!

Quote:
Thanks for your input by the way Freelance Wolf.
You're welcome :3

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Freelance; Mar 13, 2006 at 12:31 PM.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 03:29 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 09:29 PM #56 of 1626
I've bought quite a few new games recently. I tend to buy rpgs when they're released as they have a habit of going out of print pretty quickly in Europe and I've been catching up on a backlog recently.

So...

I bought Shaddow of the Collussus as it looks awesome and Amazon were offering ICO for £15 when bought at the same time so I got that too. Whilst searching for somethng completely unrelated I noticed that Suikoden Tactics had been released so I bought that too and got a cheap deal on Shadow Hearts:Covenant for buying that at the same time.

I'm gonna try to finish Shin Megami Tensei:Lucifer's Call before I start any of those though and I want to finish Black at least once first too.

So little time though.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 08:37 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 12:07 PM #57 of 1626
Today I bought Alien Hominid for PS2 at the bargain price of AU$20. I haven't yet played it, but I did read good reviews about it.

Also yesterday I bought a SEGA MegaDrive II (or to you crazy Americans a Genesis), with 4 games (Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Super Street Fighter II and Ghouls 'n Ghosts). I originally was planning on replacing my SNES which broke 2 days ago, but saw the MegaDrive at a cheapish price ($20 and $5 a game/extra control). I didn't have a MegaDrive when they were released originally, but so far I am enjoying it.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by NovaX; Mar 14, 2006 at 08:44 PM.
Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 10:56 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 05:56 PM #58 of 1626
I've just bought a SNES and Super Putty. SUPER PUTTY!
How cool is that? Now I have every Nintendo thing worth owning*.

*Not Virtual Boy, seeing as it was silly and pretty damn expensive now. Not Game & Watch either, as they are too expensive too. Hot damn.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 02:38 AM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 02:38 AM #59 of 1626
Oh damn, I forgot about posting in here.

I picked up my preorder copies of Megaman Powered Up! and Daxter, both for the PSP. I recently put a preorder down on Metal Gear Acid 2, but really only so I could get the laser cel that came with it. Yay.

Also, I've checked out a couple games from work -- Need for Speed Most Wanted and Darkengard 2. NFS:MW isn't bad, but the lack of any real tuning options kinda sucks and makes for a pretty depth-less racer. But it looks good and plays pretty well, so I'd recommend it.

Drakengard 2 on the other hand...to me it felt just like the first one did -- striving to achieve mediocrity. I didn't find anything outstanding. I thought I'd be hooked on the concept of dragonflight, but I wasn't. Compared to some other hack n' slashers though, like Bujingai and yes, Devil May Cry, I'd recommend Drakengard 2.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:51 PM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 12:51 AM #60 of 1626
I recently got Final Fantasy XII JAP
So far I can't understand a single sentence of japanese but I've just started classes of it, so my goal is to see how long it will take for me to be able to play this game in japanese.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 11:12 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 11:12 PM #61 of 1626
I bought NCAA Footbal 2006 today for $19. Like the last two NCAA Fotball titles ('04 & '05) it's really fun. I won the first game I played for '06. The gameplay is a little better. But, unfortunatly the graphics, audio, and commentary hasn't changed much. I'm playing as Notre Dame.

xman25

Van
CYBERSIX

Member 1454

Level 3.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 11:16 PM #62 of 1626
Picked up Maverick Hunter X a couple of weeks ago, and just beat Vile's game today. I've yet to watch the movie that came along with it. Been a long time since I played a Mega Man game; definitely worth the $25.

On the horizen, my brother's in Europe and he picked up Tales of Eternia for me. He won't be back until Tuesday, and I probably won't see him until that Saturday, but I'm anxious to start playing that one.

Most amazing jew boots
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 01:27 AM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 02:27 AM #63 of 1626
Originally Posted by Freelance Wolf
I played a bit more yesterday. The new toys you can make are so cool (be sure to check out the clown-in-the-box for some hilarious stuff ), and kids can now show off to adults, like cartwheels. It's so bloody cute!

Oh, and no, it still doesn't live up to Nightlife. Gawd, I can't live without that expansion pack. I still haven't gotten University. The whole school thing bugs me, especially when I don't have many teenagers in my neighbourhood. I sure want that pool table though >_>

I hope that a Pet one comes out soon. I want a dog and a ferret, dammit!

You're welcome :3
Hmmm, Open for Business would go pretty well since my Sims are expecting thier 7th child pretty soon. The rest of the kids are off at College living it up. I guess I'll pick this up after Wed. of next week, still dealing with dreaded midterms left and right. :juggler: If there were enough Sim players here a thread dedicated to all things Sims would be nice, would be interesting to see some Sim snapshots.

To not get off topic here, my most recent purchase was Hitman 2 for the Nintendo GC. On sale for $5 which isn't so bad especially if it's brand new. The game is pretty good considering it's such an aged title. Last time I played this title was on PC borrowed from a friend running on my old P3 500MHZ enos ago. :doh:

FELIPE NO
David Deluxe
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 1181

Level 19.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 04:39 PM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 11:39 PM #64 of 1626

Yippie, I was finally able to get Guilty Gear X2 for X-Box. This game is quite rare on the German version of E-Bay and usually goes away for over $15, but I only had to pay $4.50 for it. I nearly bought the soundtrack for $25, so $4.50 should be a good deal for the whole game.

[SCHWARZE 4 - Sepp Bonhof]

Last edited by David Deluxe; Mar 18, 2006 at 05:02 PM.
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 07:52 PM #65 of 1626
I picked up Ace Combat 04 today.

I now have both AC5 and AC04. And I will start with AC04, as I hear that is a better game.

How ya doing, buddy?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 08:49 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 07:49 PM #66 of 1626
I just got Resident Evil: Deadly Silence today. I was gonna wait a while before I got this game, but since I wasn't spending real money on it I figured 'Ah, what the hell' and just bought it. It was either that, Super Princess Peach (which I've seen my sister play, and didn't seem that good), or Super Mario 64 DS (Which I've seen for way cheaper than $34. Even though I wasn't using real money (I had some Sam Goody Replay Rewards certificates), I still didn't want to overspend on somrthing I could get cheaper), so I picked RE. I wish they had a better selection (they admitted they had a shitty DS section) to choose from, like some recent releases (I so would have got Metroid Prime: Hunters or Tetris DS if they had it).

How ya doing, buddy?
Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 09:02 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 07:02 PM #67 of 1626
Might as well state what's been pending since 2003, I'm buying Kingdom Hearts II for my sister's birthday (on the 28th of course). Of course I'll play the game myself, but in reality Tony Hawk 2 has been my current re-obsession (which I recently got as well).

Dragon God
Tarantulas FTW

Member 1948

Level 14.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 11:33 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 01:33 AM #68 of 1626
Just caught the Limited Edition of Under Defeat on eBay. I'm quite confident the bonus arrange music disc will be highly enjoyable ! The game will also help me vent my frustrations from everyday life Should receive it in approx 2 weeks.... Can't wait ^^;

For those in the dark, look here. Shouldn't be TOO hard to browse in there.

How ya doing, buddy?
Harmonica
Pull the pin out.

Member 3486

Level 4.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 11:50 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 10:50 PM #69 of 1626
The last game I bought was called "Shadow OPS: Red Mercury." I bought it because it was eight bucks at Gamestop and my mom offered to buy me something, so I didn't want to waste too much of her money. It is the epitome of the generic FPS. Everything about it is mediocre and unoriginal, and I both love and hate that. Generic plot (Madmen with weapons of mass destruction, only you can prevent forest fires!) generic guns (AK-47s and M4s ahoy!) generic gameplay. Not tactical in the slightest. Almost reminds me of an updated Goldeneye, except somehow Goldeneye was fresh.

Tuco: God is on our side, he hates the Yankees.
Man With No Name: God is not on our side because he also hates idiots.

Heisho-Ryuu
- Item 2 -

Member 2989

Level 14.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 07:13 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 07:13 PM #70 of 1626
Xenosaga Episode II: Because I'm looking to continue the story of the saga
Phantom Brave: Lots of curiosity for the next SRPG of Nippon Ichi
Makai Kingdom: I was expecting this one sinve i saw the trailer, I'm a full fan of Nippon Ichi's SRPG's
StarFox 64: Looooooooog story, basically the reason i got a N64 but didn't found the game until recently, thank god!!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

~ For Everlasting Peace... ~

CileGray
Chocobo

Member 611

Level 14.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 07:26 PM #71 of 1626
Originally Posted by www.sega.co.jp
CT? That cart is supposed to be expensive. Does the battery backup still work? It's funny how small time stores don't know the value of the classics.
Yeah ebay prices are over the top for those games, what I always do if buy them when I see them in garage sales and sell them on ebay. Megaman X3 and EVO are the two most expensive US carts for the SNES if I recall correctly. I had a EVO sell for over 100$.

Oh, and I own a Jap Chrono Trigger complete with pre-order collectable cards...

Now as for my recent purchases, a new Memory Card, Magna Carta : Tears of Blood, and DDR Extreme 2 were among the latest.

FELIPE NO
I'm a zombie.
Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 08:31 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 06:31 PM #72 of 1626
I finally got to bagging a copy of Sonic CD, for a cheap $5.00 on eBay. While I was at it, I decided to snag the Japanese version of Sonic CD for $30, funny how obscure (as opposed to rare) games don't get very many bids until the last minute...

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 08:40 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 02:40 PM #73 of 1626

The RE4 pack only cost $10 US, and it's all legit. This has to be probably the best deal of the century. Pop'n Music 11 and ESP Galuda were quite expensive though.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 08:47 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 08:47 PM #74 of 1626
In my routine EB run today, I ran across a Skies of Arcadia (DC) and a Chrono Cross. That said, they are now miiiiiiiine.

I never really did get to play much of Chrono Trigger, so it was a given. I do like to purchase DC games when I can, as the console deserves legit copies to be fed to it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
magewarrior
my destiny evades me

Member 1212

Level 4.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 07:26 AM #75 of 1626
Recent Purchase : Driver : You are the Wheelman (for the PSOne)

I cant say much about this game, afterall I just started playing it yesterday, but for the record, theres something about driving fast cars, getting chased by the police, and trying to keep up with other speeding cars, that makes this game worthwhile to play.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Recent Game Purchases, or what I bought instead of fourteen new dildos this weekend