Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion Thread

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:07 PM #26 of 723
So making it so you can go through menus using the gyro as well as standard D-pad would take a lot? Aside from picking up eggs in the randomly generated dungeons, that's essentially all you use the stylus for.

Something simple could be put into the Rev version along with more AA, and it'd hardly impact this already seriously delayed game.

Most amazing jew boots

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
RushJet1
Chiptune Freak

Member 815

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 05:12 AM #27 of 723
i'd think that it would just be a gamecube game with revolution controller support, as revolution will directly play gamecube games.

if they did this, i'd most likely buy the game, play it on gamecube, and get a revolution much later and revisit the game on that console.

i'm still not sure whether i want revolution or not....

i am split on my feelings on the delay. if the revolution controller is supported FULLY for this game when it is released (none of this mini-game shit they did with the gba link, i want to be swinging a sword!), then i won't be as annoyed-- but seriously, the game was supposed to be out last november originally!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Black Mage
Nothing beats a Sunny Day!

Member 264

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:57 AM #28 of 723
I don't know what I think about the whole releasing the game with Revolution support idea, but I do know that it all came about after that European magazine ran that lame article. I don't think it would necessarily be a bad thing, but I do doubt that it will happen.

Another thing that is sort of bothering me is that people are saying the game was delayed again. But, as I recall, we weren't given a release date for the game, only a time frame which would be the earliest we'd see it. Is not this new Fall "date" just a specification that everyone's desired, albeit a bit later than what everyone wanted?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
RushJet1
Chiptune Freak

Member 815

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:45 AM #29 of 723
you might be right!

also, just read this:

http://cube.ign.com/articles/683/683158p1.html

which, if true, would rock, seeing that i found wind waker to be waaaay too easy.

Most amazing jew boots
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:42 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 12:42 PM #30 of 723
I spoke with our Nintendo retail representative on Tuesday when she swung by our store, and here's how much Nintendo loves their employees.

Me: "So how come Twilight Princess has now been pushed back all the way to September?"

Nintendo Rep Lady: "What?!"

Me: "Yeah, our release date is 09/02/2006. It's been circulating around the Internet as well."

Nintendo Rep Lady: "I can't believe it got pushed back again! I didn't even know."

I was actually a bit stunned to learn that Nintendo didn't even tell their own retail reps about this. If for no other reason, they should've been at least given some warning. "You might be bombarded with this particular question."

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
DeLorean
1.21 GIGAWATTS?!

Member 133

Level 28.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:50 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 11:50 AM #31 of 723
I want to make sweet sweet love to this game.

Most amazing jew boots
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:53 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 12:53 PM #32 of 723
Originally Posted by Delorean
I want to make sweet sweet love to this game.
Based on your size, you may or may not need to cut a larger disc center out of the minidisk. If you do need to cut it, be sure to smooth out the center to prevent hilarious stories about the ER and a minidisk stuck on your wang and cutting it badly.

On second thought, do it and send in pics.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
lord-of-shadow
Never pet a burning dog.

Member 38

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 05:18 PM #33 of 723
I wrote an article on the delay. It's geared more for complaining kids in the general Zelda fandom, but I'm sure some of you will find it worthwhile:

Here it is..

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:08 AM #34 of 723
Originally Posted by SouthJag
I spoke with our Nintendo retail representative on Tuesday when she swung by our store, and here's how much Nintendo loves their employees.

Me: "So how come Twilight Princess has now been pushed back all the way to September?"

Me: "Yeah, our release date is 09/02/2006. It's been circulating around the Internet as well."

Nintendo Rep Lady: "I can't believe it got pushed back again! I didn't even know."

I was actually a bit stunned to learn that Nintendo didn't even tell their own retail reps about this. If for no other reason, they should've been at least given some warning. "You might be bombarded with this particular question."
I worked at Circuit City for almost 3 years and the most knowledgable ones were always the Sony ones. I rarely saw or talked to the Xbox ones (especially since we didn't have one for a while then I learned they just merged that position with the normal MS rep) and the Nintendo ladies were ALWAYS out of the loop on things.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:12 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 12:12 AM #35 of 723
Oddly enough, that's how it was at my store as well. The Sony rep (who, by the way, was extremely attractive. Sex sells!) always knew her stuff and could answer most of our questions diligently. We never see the Xbox rep, although coincidentally the Sony rep left Sony and went to Microsoft, and we haven't seen her since.

The Nintendo rep comes by pretty frequently, but her lack of knowledge, especially about something as grandiose as Twilight Princess, was startling.

How ya doing, buddy?

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:17 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 01:17 AM #36 of 723
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by SouthJag

Well there is some news for you. I'm finding this out for the first time and it looks like my GC will be collecting even more dust this upcoming year than the last.

RushJet1
Chiptune Freak

Member 815

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 01:27 PM #37 of 723
i would say that, but i still play ssb:m pretty often, and i'm probably going to replay metroid prime 2.

though about twilight princess, i wouldn't have tons of time to play it anyway until the summer... so i'm not too disappointed.

what i really wish is that all the damned online sites wouldn't "guess" times for games. amazon put out the "november 2005" date, and someone else put out the april date-- if you don't know a date, don't (very) blindly guess!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:44 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 02:44 AM #38 of 723
I'm glad. The game looks like it still needs a hell of a lot of polish.

I still think WW's graphical engine is way more mystical and cooler looking. TP is rigid and cliche.

chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:03 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 09:03 PM #39 of 723
For god's sake release some info about TP now! Revolution's been getting too much time in the light, shoving this potentially great game into the depths of the unknown. Hell, more screenshots would ease the pain.

Originally Posted by Smoodle
I'm glad. The game looks like it still needs a hell of a lot of polish.

I still think WW's graphical engine is way more mystical and cooler looking. TP is rigid and cliche.
Damnit WW created unnecessary division between Zelda fans. IMO TP's graphics look similar to WW after all, they're using the same graphics engine. TP looks pretty unique, having the "exaggeration" of WW complementing the "realistic" graphical approach.

THANK GOD GFF is BACK UP! I SIGNED UP AT GAMEFAQS TO VENT MY ANGER ON THE LACK OF ZELDA NEWS!

FELIPE NO
Cheezeman3000
Master of Music

Member 1037

Level 13.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:28 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 04:28 AM #40 of 723
Wow, at GameFAQ's? That's quite the sacrafice!
Anyways I myself have no doubt they'll include Revolution controller support if it's released after the Revolution is launched. However the extent of this support is what I'm not sure about... will it just be for the fishing minigame or for something bigger, like Link's sword?
I can't wait for the game regardless.

chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:39 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 10:39 PM #41 of 723
Now that the release date is April, I'm thinking that if no Revolution features are announced I'll be disappointed. Well, that and if the game doesn't turn out to be the greatest collage of every past Zelda game so far.

Grubdog
Custom User Title

Member 780

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:08 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 10:08 PM #42 of 723
The release date isn't April, and I don't want them to ruin this game with a stupid revolution gimmick.

chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:26 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 11:26 PM #43 of 723
Woops, mistake... It's just that "fall" over in this country is March to May :P. Erhem... But still, SEPTEMBER - NOVEMBER????

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:45 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 10:45 PM #44 of 723

Words.

oke:

Last edited by Infernal Monkey; Mar 5, 2006 at 09:00 AM.
Prime Blue
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1319

Level 20.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:14 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 02:14 PM #45 of 723
When did Nintendo transform into a bunch of f*cking hypers?

Remember the time before OoT was released? Every month there were tons of new screenshots. I always anticipated the moment when I got the next issue of my favourite Nintendo magazine.

The only advantage of the news flaw is that I don't get spoiled. I want to experience this game in all its glory. It's the first one I'm looking forward to so much since OoT.

How ya doing, buddy?
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:32 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 10:32 AM #46 of 723
I tried to cross my eyes and make whatever "look closely" thing they're talking about appear (like those strange 3D puzzles) but it didn't work. I wonder what they're talking about?

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:38 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 01:38 AM #47 of 723
Maybe they meant to look closely because their screen capture is of such piss poor quality.

FELIPE NO
KnowsNothing
BANANA PHOOOONE

Member 229

Level 9.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:32 AM #48 of 723
Is Link wearing a hat in that pic? At first I though maybe it was just behind his head, hidden because of the angle, but I looked at some screen shots at lower angles and the hat was clearly visible. Unless it moves forward and back on his head, it looks like Link is hatless.

T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 02:20 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 03:20 PM #49 of 723
Originally Posted by Infernal Monkey

Words.

oke:
Holy Cow! :dopey_love:
I do hope the game is presented in anamorphic widescreen like F-Zero GX.

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 02:43 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 01:43 PM #50 of 723
Just watch, it'll end up being something like

Nintendo: We decided to take a bit of a Resident Evil approach

Us: how's that?

Nintendo: the camera doesn't follow you anymore, it's fixed in it's position, and we've adopted the control scheme of the classic (old) resident evil games.

Us: you know, there's a reason Capcom abanndoned that control scheme.

Nintendo: yeah but we thought it'd be cool to do something retro.

*much hatred from basically everybody, much love from the 3 (4 including myself) who actually liked that control scheme.

(Edited cause i don't know how to use brackets))

Last edited by Helloween; Mar 5, 2006 at 03:14 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion Thread