Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: Guns Guns Guns
Rifles? 10 20.00%
Shotguns? 2 4.00%
Pistols? 12 24.00%
One or more of the above! 26 52.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Firearms

Darkk Child
HATER PROOF

Member 827

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 11:32 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 08:32 AM #151 of 211
Originally Posted by David4516
Darkk Child,

The acutal bullet diameter for 9X18 Makarov is 0.365

Standard 9mm is 0.355, but a number of different rounds use this diameter bullet, including .380, .357 sig, and .38 Super

Edit:

10mm doesn't kick? You're kidding, right? 10mm is a very beefy round... it's like a souped-up .40 S&W...

Wow... alright David4516, the first portion is for you.

I don't know the exact diameter of the rounds, but I do know that I noticed the .357 sig sauer pro had noticeably better kick than the 9mm that the Navy guys had in the booth next to me.

I would really like to have a fully automatic pistol, and to be honest, it probably doesn't matter how large the rounds are. I'd settle for a fully automatic 9mm at this point. I fell in love with the one that John Travolta was firing at the end of face off. I even liked the pair Brad Pitt was firing at the end of Mr. and Mrs. Smith. At this point, I just want a fully automatic pistol

FELIPE NO
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 04:37 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 11:37 PM #152 of 211
Naw Cal, I am not obsessed with guns. My grandfather is obsessed with them but not I. He owns more than a hundred different firearms ranging from derangers to an old tommie gun (which btw is a pretty bad ass smg) even an AR-15. I believe he has more than one old 1911 handgun. He is also armed at all times. I'd pity the man who tried to rob my grandfather.

Cal have you ever fired a gun before? Even if it was just for target practice, it is fun. While I never want to be put into a situation where I must use a gun against another person, I still would like to be prepared for such a situation.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Cal
_

Member 76

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:29 PM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 01:29 PM #153 of 211
Never fired a gun before, no. I've heard a shotgun fired from two metres away (no idea what 'guage' shot). Does this count as exposure? Remember, I'm from a nation with some of the strictest firearm laws in the world.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
LlooooydGEEEOOORGE
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 01:02 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 08:02 AM #154 of 211
I guess I take it for granted that in America we are allowed access to those sort of weapons. There are still a lot of restrictions but nothing like what the UK has.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 01:44 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 12:44 AM #155 of 211
Originally Posted by Gumby
Naw Cal, I am not obsessed with guns. My grandfather is obsessed with them but not I. He owns more than a hundred different firearms ranging from derangers to an old tommie gun (which btw is a pretty bad ass smg) even an AR-15.
an AR-15? it's nothing more than a militarized looking semi-auto .223. it's not like you can hold the trigger down and spray bullets. you can shoot .223 from a pistol with a Thompson Center Contender Super 14.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 01:51 AM #156 of 211
Originally Posted by Darkk Child
Wow... alright David4516, the first portion is for you.

I don't know the exact diameter of the rounds, but I do know that I noticed the .357 sig sauer pro had noticeably better kick than the 9mm that the Navy guys had in the booth next to me.

I would really like to have a fully automatic pistol, and to be honest, it probably doesn't matter how large the rounds are. I'd settle for a fully automatic 9mm at this point. I fell in love with the one that John Travolta was firing at the end of face off. I even liked the pair Brad Pitt was firing at the end of Mr. and Mrs. Smith. At this point, I just want a fully automatic pistol
You do know that those are just props, right? They may look identical to real-life firearms, but the real thing may fire very differently from the film version.

(If you want to see really "off" gun props, watch Terminator 2: Judgment Day. The "T1000" character has some sort of standard-issue police pistol, but the sound effect they used in the post-processing sounds like something with a silencer on it. :P)

Double Post:
The mexican flag is decieving :/

Personally speaking I think a .45 would be the largest handgun I'd ever want to own... Plenty of power with out the bone breaking recoil.
If you hurt yourself from the recoil of anything smaller than an anti-tank rifle, then you must be holding it wrong.

Anyway, I'd love to see any of the dumbass gun nuts in this thread draw and shoot an english longbow, or talk their way out of a scary situation. Sadly, too many Americans these days are so quick to rely on mechanical implements. So many of their bodies and minds aren't good for sh*t.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by ArrowHead; Mar 30, 2006 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Automerged double post.
MysteryRidah
The Abandonware Master

Member 1668

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 01:58 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 10:58 PM #157 of 211
I think guns are one of the roots to destruction. Matter of fact, i think guns are the devils work and they need to go.

If mankind continues to sell guns and make guns, gun violence will always happen - Mystery Ridah aka The General

I was speaking idiomatically.
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 02:09 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 09:09 AM #158 of 211
M-16A2 is really not one of my favorite rifles... I'm hoping when I get deployed I can get the M-249 instead

umm ArrowHead I didn't mean that literally... Also wtf are you trying to do? Brag about your use of a bow? Sorry bud but I am not impressed at your use of an outdated weapon. How heavy of a draw do you use on your bows?

Originally Posted by Asshead
Anyway, I'd love to see any of the dumbass gun nuts in this thread draw and shoot an english longbow, or talk their way out of a scary situation. Sadly, too many Americans these days are so quick to rely on mechanical implements. So many of their bodies and minds aren't good for sh*t.
Why do you have to be an ignorant asshole, Ay? You know what I'd love to see? A bow hunter take down an elk at 300yards in one shot. Remember Arrowhead this is a discussion of what firearms we want, NOT a place for you to bash on Americans or guns.

Hey MysteryRidah, you need to take your stupid anti-gun opinion to the PP, this is not the place.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Gumby; Mar 30, 2006 at 02:18 AM.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 02:25 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 01:25 AM #159 of 211

ugh, ok two things.

1. about recoil on guns. it's pretty simple here. M1V1=M2V2 where m1 is the mass of the bullet and v1 is the velocity of the bullet and m2 is the mass of the gun and v2 is the velocity of the gun. so... if the bigger and faster the bullet with respect to the size of the gun, the greater the recoil.

if your .22 pistol is teenie tiny, like 4 oz, it's going to recoil more than a .458 Winchester Magnum that's 600lbs. (not to say that either gun would actually weigh that much; just an illustration.) so if you're looking for a pistol that doesn't kick a lot, look for a bullet that you like, and find a model of the gun that's heavy enough to reduce the recoil.

2. you want a full auto pistol? good luck. here's some info:

"It has been unlawful since 1934 (The National Firearms Act) for civilians to own machine guns without special permission from the U.S. Treasury Department. Machine guns are subject to a $200 tax every time their ownership changes from one federally registered owner to another, and each new weapon is subject to a manufacturing tax when it is made, and it must be registered with the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (BATF) in its National Firearms Registry.

To become a registered owner, a complete FBI background investigation is conducted, checking for any criminal history or tendencies toward violence, and an application must be submitted to the BATF including two sets of fingerprints, a recent photo, a sworn affidavit that transfer of the NFA firearm is of "reasonable necessity," and that sale to and possession of the weapon by the applicant "would be consistent with public safety." The application form also requires the signature of a chief law enforcement officer with jurisdiction in the applicant's residence.

Since the Firearms Owners' Protection Act of May 19, 1986, ownership of newly manufactured machine guns has been prohibited to civilians. Machine guns which were manufactured prior to the Act's passage are regulated under the National Firearms Act, but those manufactured after the ban cannot ordinarily be sold to or owned by civilians."

on top of that, automatic weapons laws vary from state to state. so check your state laws if you're really serious.

FELIPE NO
Cal
_

Member 76

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 03:06 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 06:06 PM #160 of 211
I guess I take it for granted that in America we are allowed access to those sort of weapons.
Yeah; I take my public safety for granted.

Quote:
Hey MysteryRidah, you need to take your stupid anti-gun opinion to the PP, this is not the place.
PP isn't an offloading ground for undesirable input, cockpacker.

LlooooydGEEEOOORGE

Last edited by Cal; Mar 30, 2006 at 03:09 AM.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 03:14 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 01:14 AM #161 of 211
Originally Posted by MysteryRidah
I think guns are one of the roots to destruction. Matter of fact, i think guns are the devils work and they need to go.
You.

Yes you.

Angel who descended from heaven.

Where firearms are vaporized by the sound of celestial lyres and where those who carry weapons are promptly dispatched by Gabriel. Does the Creator send any more blissful tales of eternal peace and harmony?

Most amazing jew boots
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 03:19 AM #162 of 211
umm ArrowHead I didn't mean that literally...
Duh. You made a stupid statement, I gave it an appropriate response.

Originally Posted by Numbnuts
Also wtf are you trying to do? Brag about your use of a bow?
No. I think archery is great fun and its sad that so few people have any interest in it.

Anybody who can both a) draw a bow powerful enough to throw an arrow 250 yards plus and b) hit a man or deer sized target at that range, should be proud of himself. To have the same bragging rights as a firearm user, it'd at the very least have to be a fast moving target at that same range.
Frankly, any moron can hit a stationary at 300 yards with a rifle. There's just no sport in anything that doesn't take skill.

Sorry bud but I am not impressed at your use of an outdated weapon.
I'm not impressed with anybody's use of a weapon that doesn't require any skill or thought to use. And here's news for you buddy: Crossbows are still in use by some military special forces. Why? Because a crossbow is still quieter than a firearm with a silencer.

How heavy of a draw do you use on your bows?
My current bow is 40# and I'm very comfortable with it. To tell you the truth, I don't know how powerful I can go. I'd have to guess around 60# before I have to a) shoot a lot more or b) hit the gym.

Why do you have to be an ignorant asshole, Ay?
Speak for yourself.

You know what I'd love to see? A bow hunter take down an elk at 300yards in one shot.
You know what I'd love to see? A rifle hunter track an elk and get within 40 yards to take the shot. Fat chance, though. Rifle-bearing "hunters" (club-footed retards) tend to sit around and hope the game comes to them. That's not exactly "hunting". That's "camping".

Remember Arrowhead this is a discussion of what firearms we want, NOT a place for you to bash on Americans or guns.
It's a discussion on firearms, period. I think citizens do not need to carry guns, and I like the finesse of older weapons. And I'm perfectly within my right to express my point of view. If you can't stand what your love for guns says about you, then just ignore it and move on. Don't antagonize me.

Well he is right about gun violence though. As long as guns that are made to use against people (i.e. handguns) are legal, people will be shot! It's like if you legalized cocaine, hundreds of thousands of people would become addicted. But somehow cocaine is illegal. Hmm.

Last edited by ArrowHead; Mar 30, 2006 at 03:37 AM.
David4516
Second Child

Member 2016

Level 8.73

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 03:23 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 12:23 AM #163 of 211
I wouldn't say that I'm "obsessed" with guns, but I am very much interested in them. Thats because shooting and hunting are big hobbies of mine...

Quote:
Correct, the .357 Sig is more "powerful" than a 9mm. The actual bullet itself is the same size and weight, however the .357 Sig has greater velocity. Thats because, if you look at the casing, you'll notice that it's "bottle necked". The .357 Sig is actually a .40 S&W case "necked-down" to hold 9mm bullets. 38 Super is the same idea, but instead of being a short, fat case like the .357 Sig, it's a long skinny case. The standard 9mm case is 19mm long, the .38 Super is 23mm long, so you can cram that much more powder in there. In terms of actual preformance, the .357 Sig and .38 Super are nearly identical...

Here are the actual stats from one of my reloading manuals. These assume that you're using bullets weighing 124gr:

9mm:1100 FPS
.357 Sig: 1300 FPS
.38 Super: 1250 FPS

For comparison, .357 Mag, with the same bullet weight, will give you 1400 FPS. The actuall bullet diameter is slightly larger as well, 0.357 instead of the 9mms 0.355

By the way, FPS means "Feet Per Second", it's a velocity measurement.

Also, you mentioned something about using .380 rounds in your 9X18 pistol. I would not recomend doing this. While it will probably "work", it will cause extra strain on your gun and may be unsafe.

You may be interested in this link:

http://www.makarov.com/32naa/index.html

The above article tells you how to convert your Makarov pistol to shoot the new .32 NAA round. The .32 NAA is similar to the .357 Sig in that it is also a "bottleneck" round. Its a .380 case necked-down to hold .32 caliber bullets. Basicly, this gives you a much higer velocity, the trade-off being a ligher bullet weight. The conversion barrels are currently out of stock, but I'm probably going to buy one if they get more in...

On the full auto subject, I don't understand the appeal of a full auto pistol. It sounds like it would be a waste of ammo to me...

Quote:
Explain to me how shooting a longbow is a useful skill? Also, I'm much more likely to use my fists than my handgun. Just because I'm American doesn't mean I'm some fat, lazy slob. I'm in decent shape and I don't think I'm somebody you'd want to mess with, armed or not...

How ya doing, buddy?
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 03:59 AM #164 of 211
Explain to me how shooting a longbow is a useful skill?
Its more sport than anything, but it's definitely a survival skill. You can take down game as big as a bear with a bow and arrows, so you've got both food and defense taken care of.

Some might say this only makes bows as good as firearms for survival, at best. So I should point out that bows arrows can be made from scratch and can be used an indefinate number of times, whereas a bullet fired is a bullet forever lost and you can't just make a rifle.

Just because I'm American doesn't mean I'm some fat, lazy slob.
Just because your countrymen are Americans doesn't mean they're fat, lazy slobs either. They're fat lazy slobs because they're fat lazy slobs.

Last edited by ArrowHead; Mar 30, 2006 at 04:02 AM.
Darkk Child
HATER PROOF

Member 827

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 10:59 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 07:59 AM #165 of 211
Thanks, David4516, for your insight! You are really knowledgeable (sp?).

Originally Posted by MetheGelfling
on top of that, automatic weapons laws vary from state to state. so check your state laws if you're really serious.
Yeah, you're right, but I live in Maryland and got to the armory, where they sell the big stuff. Its not really hard to get your hands on what you want there. Thanks for letting me know that the fully-autos I had been speaking of are props. I still like the way they are deplicted to fire, though.

It is definitely apparent that both of you know more about guns than I. Perhaps one of you might know how to add more power to the rounds by adding more firing powder. I wasn't able to read the links I was sent because I'm at work now ;_;

I was speaking idiomatically.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 06:12 PM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 05:12 PM #166 of 211
It is definitely apparent that both of you know more about guns than I. Perhaps one of you might know how to add more power to the rounds by adding more firing powder. I wasn't able to read the links I was sent because I'm at work now ;_;
when making your own loads, you want to pay strict attention that you are only using the recommended amount of powder. making your own custom bullets that exceed the recommended amounts could result in disaster as guns are specifically engineered to work with specific bullets. There are certain cases where for example: a 357 magnum will also fire .38 specials, but the reverse won't work. If you want a more powerful round, you're gonna have to get a bigger gun, or risk serious injury... like the gun exploding in your face.

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 07:18 PM #167 of 211
when making your own loads, you want to pay strict attention that you are only using the recommended amount of powder.
snicker

bullets that exceed the recommended amounts could result in disaster
hee-hee

exploding in your face.
oh my

Most amazing jew boots
Jiraiya
Out Of The Blue

Member 486

Level 10.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 07:35 PM #168 of 211
Originally Posted by ArrowHead
No. I think archery is great fun and its sad that so few people have any interest in it.
I dont know where you live but up here everyone bow hunts. I know more people who shoot a bow than shotgun (cant hunt with rifles here).

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 07:39 PM #169 of 211
Originally Posted by ArrowHead
arrows can be made from scratch and can be used an indefinate number of times
Listen man are you like Level 20< ? Because we need a ranger for our party and the last guy ditched us to go hang out with some girl. No munchkin stuff, plzkthx.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 08:05 PM #170 of 211
Originally Posted by Jiraiya
I dont know where you live but up here everyone bow hunts. I know more people who shoot a bow than shotgun (cant hunt with rifles here).
That's awesome. You're in an ex-Confederate state, right? (The tradition of bowhunting arose as guns were banned following the civil war.)

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Manis Tricuspis
Listen man are you like Level 20< ? Because we need a ranger for our party and the last guy ditched us to go hang out with some girl. No munchkin stuff, plzkthx.
Funny thing is I mostly RP Barbarians.

Last edited by ArrowHead; Mar 30, 2006 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Clarity
MysteryRidah
The Abandonware Master

Member 1668

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 01:56 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 10:56 AM #171 of 211
Encephalon & Cal:

You dont have to listen to me, alot of people dont anyway. Everybody will learn soon, i mean, you know the history, so please continue to ignore me, please do so. I was just sharing my views on this issue, if you dont agree, so be it and the world continues to move on........

Peace.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 08:51 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 03:51 AM #172 of 211
No one will listen to you because you sounds like not only an idiot but a crazy one at that.

If you want to go and debate gun ownership there is a nice little thread I created over in PP, go there.

Darkk Child: I would advise against loading more powder into a round, especially since it doesn't sound like you know what you are doing. As MetheGelfling has already said it can become very dangerous.

Jiraiya: I know people who do both, however the bow hunters almost always take a sidearm with them because of the bears and other large cats in this area.

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 09:34 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 07:34 PM #173 of 211
Originally Posted by MysteryRidah
Everybody will learn soon, i mean, you know the history, so please continue to ignore me, please do so.
Gabriel! You furtive intruder... I knew it was you. If you have come to smite me, do it now... Or I shall strike thee down with a fury that burns with the heat of a thousand suns.

SEND THE CREATOR MY REGARDS.

How ya doing, buddy?
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 12:25 AM #174 of 211
bow hunters almost always take a sidearm with them because of the bears and other large cats in this area.
Hold on, hold on

So these guys, they go HUNTING

But they're afraid they might run into something dangerous

So they bring weapons other than the ones they USE FOR HUNTING

Because those weapons are apparently not good for killing animals with, so:

Why hunt using those weapons in the first place?

Hint: It involves rolling D20s!

Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 05:05 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 12:05 PM #175 of 211
Genetically engineered bears are the largest cats of them all.

How ya doing, buddy?
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Firearms