Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

I fucking hate winter...

guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2007, 01:41 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2007, 11:41 AM #26 of 55
I enjoy winter because it means I can wear leather coats. Too bad it's still not cold enough here for me to wear it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2007, 01:49 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2007, 11:49 AM #27 of 55
I fucking love winters here in Central Cali. It's nice and cold but not "there's icicles on my dick!" cold and I can always bundle up. That also gives us a good chunk of the year to have an excuse for bonfires and mad drinking dashes.

It's the summers I can't stand here.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2007, 02:18 PM #28 of 55
Hey man, more to put on makes for more to take off; and that makes for a longer show. Winter is fistworthy.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Temari
I'm changing the world. And you're gonna help.

Member 16658

Level 28.10

Dec 2006

Old Nov 5, 2007, 02:47 PM #29 of 55
I love winter, but I hate certain aspects of it.

I love bundling up in the cold, but I hate it when the wind is so sharp that it bites you. I love the snow... I hate cleaning off cars (and climbing into a ridiculously cold car).

Winter = electric blankets. <3

Most amazing jew boots
SuperNova
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 830

Level 19.47

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2007, 03:29 PM #30 of 55
I'm a huge whore for snow. Being from New England, I'm a big fan of the snow, and people think I'm nuts for it. Another great moment is when you get to drive in it and you can't see more than 2 feet in front of you. Love it.

Oh, and this too...

Spoiler:

Most amazing jew boots

I have nothing clever to put here.
Midna
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 18121

Level 20.86

Jan 2007

Old Nov 5, 2007, 04:04 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2007, 02:04 PM #31 of 55
I tend to romanticize winter. One of my favorite things is on cold rainy nights to light a fire, get a drink, and curl up on the couch with someone to watch a movie (or something ^_^ ).

How ya doing, buddy?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2007, 04:10 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2007, 04:10 PM #32 of 55
I tend to romanticize winter. One of my favorite things is on cold rainy nights to light a fire, get a drink, and curl up on the couch with someone to watch a movie (or something ^_^ ).
Man, to have a cold rainy night in my area... Would be nice....

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
JackTheRipper
fuck

Member 1296

Level 19.17

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2007, 09:11 PM #33 of 55
Winter SUCKS. Cold toilet seats are by far the worst.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old Nov 5, 2007, 09:25 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2007, 06:25 PM #34 of 55
Also, best thing about winter: Sweatshirts straight out of the dryer before going outside.
So true. I love that feeling.

I love winter because crawling into a comfy bed is even better than during summer. I hate how early the sun sets, though. I feel like going to bed at 6 because it's so dark out and I always feel rushed to get my work done.

Audiophile
Surrealist

Member 16745

Level 22.01

Dec 2006

Old Nov 5, 2007, 09:33 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2007, 08:33 PM #35 of 55
Winter in Texas is extremely nice. 70 degrees, slightly windy, and it gets dark earlier, which is nice for night person like me. Of course, the intense humidity and heat the rest of the year make up for it, but... at least it's nice for a couple months!

How ya doing, buddy?
Trance Machina
Do these clothes become me?

Member 3819

Level 10.53

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2007, 09:50 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2007, 06:50 PM #36 of 55
I fucking love winters here in Central Cali. It's nice and cold but not "there's icicles on my dick!" cold and I can always bundle up. That also gives us a good chunk of the year to have an excuse for bonfires and mad drinking dashes.

It's the summers I can't stand here.
This sums up my post right here. Livin' in Las Vegas and it's actually really nice during Winter. But then again, you get that when you had to go three days in a row in 120F weather.

I can actually open the windows and fall asleep comfortably here. Comfortably!

Currently Playing:Persona 3, .hack//G.U. vol 3, Wild ARMs 3, and Phantasy Star Universe (360).
I will beat a rod until a tank empties~
Chocojournal
Anazai
Chocobo

Member 24951

Level 11.42

Sep 2007

Old Nov 5, 2007, 09:50 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2007, 07:50 PM #37 of 55
I like winter. I suppose it's because you can always put another layer of clothes on (well, okay, so maybe not ALWAYS) compared to taking clothes off when you are hot in the summer.
My feelings exactly, I hate being hot. Having to wait for the a/c to cool down in your car, or just plain being without a/c. When you're cold you canget warm so fast! But I do hate stepping out side of the shower and freezing my ass off.

I've lived in Vegas my whole life and we had maybe 5 different times that it snowed. We just moved to Idaho and I'm looking forward to a good snow. yay.

I was speaking idiomatically.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Nov 5, 2007, 10:05 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2007, 08:05 PM #38 of 55
Quote:
When you're cold you canget warm so fast!
Obviously you've never been really fucking cold as anyone that's lived somewhere it does can attest to.

(Worst is when your core temperature drops and nothing you do can manage to heat you up.)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Anazai
Chocobo

Member 24951

Level 11.42

Sep 2007

Old Nov 5, 2007, 10:19 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2007, 08:19 PM #39 of 55

(Worst is when your core temperature drops and nothing you do can manage to heat you up.)
What? Did you fall in a pool of really freezing water and stay there for more than 5 minutes? How did your core temperature drop? Please tell us, that's quite interesting.

FELIPE NO
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2007, 10:28 PM #40 of 55
I went hiking with my father down the Appalachian trail one summer. It rained one of the days, we had like a 13 mile hike that day, somewhere in Virginia. I'm pretty out of shape. When we got to the shelter at the end of the hike, I was wet, cold and exhausted. I also couldn't stop shivering. I was in my sleeping bag, with dry changes of clothing, lots and lots of layers, and still freezing. I had apparently exhausted myself to the point where I couldn't warm myself up.

I'd love winter, normally. Freezing air is invigorating to me in small doses. Also comfortable beds and that melting feeling when you walk from freezing cold into heated rooms is awesome. The only thing that sucks, which trumps any possible bonus is the potential that I might need to shovel my car out of snow at 5am so I can catch a 6am train which may or may not be on time due to those same weather conditions. When I return at between 6:30 and 7pm, there is the possibility of having to shovel my car out yet again in order to drive home through wet, slippery, icy slush. The potential for massive suck is there.

Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2007, 10:43 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2007, 08:43 PM #41 of 55
At least you guys get a winter. This year it's going to be a dry and warm winter. Just what Southern California needs! We're already way below our yearly rain fall. So low it might as well be negative rainfall.

Last year it was warm as well but this year is supposed to be even worse. I would kill for a 5 minute rain so it would at least feel like winter or fall.

Instead of getting a winter we're getting another spring/summer. >_> Oh well..

Stuff goes here~
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2007, 11:48 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2007, 09:48 PM #42 of 55
At least you guys get a winter. This year it's going to be a dry and warm winter. Just what Southern California needs! We're already way below our yearly rain fall. So low it might as well be negative rainfall.

Last year it was warm as well but this year is supposed to be even worse. I would kill for a 5 minute rain so it would at least feel like winter or fall.

Instead of getting a winter we're getting another spring/summer. >_> Oh well..
Yeah us Californians really have it rough, what with the mild weather and lack of toilet frost.

Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2007, 01:03 AM Local time: Nov 5, 2007, 11:03 PM #43 of 55
Yeah I know, we have to deal with fire after fire because it wont fucking rain for more than 30 seconds. Oh wait, people forget about the fact if it doesn't rain or cool down everything fucking burns.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Stuff goes here~
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2007, 06:18 AM Local time: Nov 6, 2007, 07:18 PM #44 of 55
Being in the tropics, snow is impossible. We get dry and humid "winter" season, so it's still like summer, just like the rest of the year.

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Nov 6, 2007, 03:46 PM Local time: Nov 6, 2007, 01:46 PM #45 of 55
What? Did you fall in a pool of really freezing water and stay there for more than 5 minutes? How did your core temperature drop? Please tell us, that's quite interesting.
Well, flying back from California in the middle of winter to find your car frosted and snowed in while you've lost a glove and your hat's inside the car (whose door is frozen shut) can do it to you. Also, digging a car out of being stuck with only a windshield scraper can get you mighty chilly.

Or just go out when it's around 35°F, really winy, and raining and then walk to work for 20 minutes. That shit chills you to the bone in no time. Extra sweatshirts and hot chocolate don't ever seem to do the job of warming you up then.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2007, 07:12 PM #46 of 55
I love winter. At least, I love it until after New Years. After that, everything looks so drab and the snow gets dirty so fast. The sky is always gray and the trees are bare.

But everything before February is GREAT.
Say what? After New Year's is the best time for winter!
The snow gets thicker and frostier, and the nights are fantastic.

Look, I don't know about you guys, but I love snow and cold weather. Not to say that I love the extreme cold weather (anything below 10 F is pushing it), but I find that winter makes everything seem so much more important.
Like in the summer there's always something going on that distracts me, be it the wind blowing the grass or the sunshine for 12+ hours. And in the winter it's the opposite: everything in front of me is the most important thing. When I'm at work I'm not thinking about getting out so I can go fishing, I'm thinking about what's on the agenda. When I'm with my girlfriend it's not that I want to take her out to some expensive ass dinner, I want to cook something for her and stay in and watch a movie under a shared blanket.

Plus I've always noticed that certain music sounds so much better in the winter. Boards of Canada is a winter staple for me, along with other mellow tunes.

ps - I forgot to mention that I know exactly what the above poster means, what with the cold walks chilling you to the bone. But let's face it, in summer you'd be sweating your ass off and reeking of shit (BO), and it'd take you some time before you're able to cool off and function again.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Matt; Nov 6, 2007 at 07:17 PM.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Nov 6, 2007, 07:58 PM Local time: Nov 6, 2007, 04:58 PM #47 of 55
I don't enjoy having to drive during the winter. It doesn't snow where I live (California), but it can be irritating to wait for my windshield to defrost before I can leave the complex. It usually rains a lot during winter as well, so sometimes driving through that can be a problem.

How ya doing, buddy?
Giro0001
Custom User Title

Member 677

Level 14.10

Mar 2006

Old Nov 7, 2007, 12:38 AM Local time: Nov 6, 2007, 10:38 PM #48 of 55
We're still wearing shorts and t-shirts over here. I just needed to put a long sleeve shirt for biking to school or else would have been a bit uncomfortable.

Seriously though, I was in New York during March one year, it was just below freezing and that really wasn't bad. Just put on long pants, a shirt and a light jacket and I was fine. I can see problems when it gets down to the 10s and single digits though.

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Nov 7, 2007, 01:21 AM #49 of 55
Winter is great in NJ. Cold as hell and there are a crapload of times my dad refuses to turn on the heat, but it's easier for me to get to sleep in the winter since I could bundle up.

Since New Jersey actually gets the butt of all four seasons, the snow here is harsh at times. I hate shoveling it though. I don't think anyone likes doing that...

Either way, Fall/Winter is the best time to rock out stylish jackets for the season. You could be snug, warm, and look good.

nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Nov 7, 2007, 06:22 PM Local time: Nov 8, 2007, 01:22 AM #50 of 55
I love winter! But then, I love pretty much every season for different reasons. I think that every season is beautiful in it's own way, and I always get these nostalgic feelings whenever a new season comes around. But then I guess, I live in a small town in northern Sweden, where the nature is beautiful and you won't encounter the problems of snow slush and other crap as much as in other bigger towns/cities.

But hah, I find it funny when you're complaining about temperatures at around like 10 Fahrenheit, here where I live it can get as cold as -35 some days in winter. Now THAT is cold But of course it's not that cold all the time

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > I fucking hate winter...