Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Working at home

Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 07:49 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 05:49 PM 1 #1 of 17
Working at home/ Self-employment

I keep trying to find work @ home oppurtunities that are somewhat feasible and not telemarketing, but it's kind of hard. And self-employment ads pop up left and right, all very very vague, however. Not telling much of what they're about.

I was wondering if anybody out there has had any experience, stories, suggestions, or maybe even leads on any type of work at home or any self-employment jobs they've had in the past.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Zephyrin; Jul 15, 2007 at 08:17 PM. Reason: expanded topic
neus
You're getting slower!

Member 512

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 07:51 PM #2 of 17
I smell an epic thread in the making.

Most amazing jew boots
Fleshy Fun-Bridge
Hi there!

Member 907

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 08:01 PM #3 of 17
I'd say that certain skillsets lend themselves much better to working at home as a freelance contractor.

Web design/development and freelance coding are two that pop out in my mind.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
---
koifox
A-Hyu hyu hyu

Member 901

Level 13.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 08:30 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 05:30 PM 1 #4 of 17
Working on your back offers exciting opportunities to make big bucks and meet new contacts, as well.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
There was a foxy here It's gone now
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 08:34 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 06:34 PM #5 of 17
Yeah. The guy who codes the website for the bank I work for only comes in to work a few days a week. Then he spends the rest of the week working from his home computer. The mortgage consultant I'm working with also makes all of her client calls from home and only works in the office like 2 or 3 days a week.

Those are the examples of good work at home jobs that I know of. They probably aren't your thing though.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Divest
Banned

Member 3267

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 08:51 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 06:51 PM #6 of 17
I think he's looking for something a bit simpler. Those jobs actually require some skill. He's probably looking in the way of something like data entry, or maybe even envelop stuffing.

So, there it is. My friend's mother tried both data entry and envelope stuffing until she finally gave up and decided to stop being lazy and got a real job.

How ya doing, buddy?
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 11:49 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 09:49 PM #7 of 17
If you're an artist, freelance. But you'd have to be damned good, work fast and hard.

FELIPE NO
Stop Sign
By the sea

Member 1161

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 11:49 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 09:49 PM #8 of 17
I'm currently working from home, reading microbiology and public health journal articles, writing about them and uploading them to a database for a cleaning products company R&D team.

What got me this job was my background in microbiology and prior experience with database software, so yes, they were looking for a very particular skillset. I think this is true for at-home jobs in general, with particular emphasis in computer skills.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Des
Only he stands there

Member 17918

Level 3.09

Jan 2007

Old Jul 19, 2007, 10:58 PM #9 of 17
I work from home as an independant distrubuter for herbal suplements. We're selling health so it's a pretty good market. It's somewhat like telemarketing but at the same time not really since we only contact people who have displayed interest in the products and ask for additional information. If you would like more information just pm me.

Fleshy Fun-Bridge
Hi there!

Member 907

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2007, 07:11 AM #10 of 17
I work from home as an independant distrubuter for herbal suplements. We're selling health so it's a pretty good market. It's somewhat like telemarketing but at the same time not really since we only contact people who have displayed interest in the products and ask for additional information. If you would like more information just pm me.
Amway, Quixtar, Herbalife, and other so-called multi-level-marketing endeavors amount to little more than legitimized pyramid schemes. The only way you actually make money is not by selling the product, but by convincing others to buy into the system. The higher up on on the pyramid you are, the more money you make.

If you really want to succeed working from home, stay the hell away from Amway, Quixtar, Herbalife, and other mult-level-marketers.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
---
Zurui chibi
Your next ex-girlfriend

Member 20289

Level 3.31

Feb 2007

Old Jul 20, 2007, 08:21 AM Local time: Jul 20, 2007, 06:21 AM #11 of 17
Personally, I don't trust any advertisement that says I can make big $$ every day by working at home. I don't trust anything that comes in the form of spam or a popup add for that matter; that's where we see most of these adds don't we?

Best way to work from home and be safe is to start your own business, period.

But if you must try one of these companies, I would do a web search for them before even thinking about signing up. Chances are you'll find a web forum or web site with lots of (usually bad) information about them. Also good to check the Better Business Bureau (bbb.org) and see if they've registered there. If they have, chances are if they're going to rip you off, it'll be done in a legal way. <.<;;

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Boys don't make passes at female smart asses.
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2007, 09:48 AM Local time: Jul 20, 2007, 04:48 PM #12 of 17
If you really want to succeed working from home, stay the hell away from Amway, Quixtar, Herbalife, and other mult-level-marketers.
That isn't entirely true. Many companies that you might list as a pyramid scheme (which they are not) you can do quite well for yourself just by selling their products. I have a friend who sells cutco knives for a living. She makes well above min wage and probably only works maybe 10 and at most 20 hours per week. I think a lot of people are put off by these business' because they aren't self starters and they lack the needed people skills to be successful in sales and rather than admit their own fault they blame the company. Yes some of those companies are a little fishy (ex Quixtar) but they are not all that way. BTW Quixtar is Amway.

Consultant work usually pays quite well when you work for yourself, but the biggest issue for that line of work is getting enough work.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2007, 10:36 AM 2 #13 of 17
I think a lot of people are put off by these business' because they aren't self starters and they lack the needed people skills to be successful in sales and rather than admit their own fault they blame the company.
Jesus, are you in fact physically an animated pamphlet or what

I was speaking idiomatically.
Des
Only he stands there

Member 17918

Level 3.09

Jan 2007

Old Jul 20, 2007, 11:09 AM #14 of 17
Amway, Quixtar, Herbalife, and other so-called multi-level-marketing endeavors amount to little more than legitimized pyramid schemes. The only way you actually make money is not by selling the product, but by convincing others to buy into the system. The higher up on on the pyramid you are, the more money you make.
you see thats why i like that term IDEPENDANT distrubuter. the royalties i get from those under me amount to very little when i can easily make a lot more money just by selling the products myself. I only said what i do because that was the topic so try not to knock me and my job just because YOU don't believe it works

Most amazing jew boots
IdleChill
The IceGator

Member 60

Level 20.52

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2007, 11:12 AM Local time: Jul 20, 2007, 11:12 AM #15 of 17
I also have a friend that sells cutco knives. He does well with it, too. He's regional manager or something. He is also a zombie and that's all he talks about.

FELIPE NO
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jul 20, 2007, 12:08 PM Local time: Jul 20, 2007, 10:08 AM #16 of 17
To be fair, Cutco knives are actually a pretty darned good product, so I figure of all the door to door sales type things they're one of the best to be doing. We've had couple steak knives and a utility knife or something at home and they're still as sharp as the day we got them and they're at least ten years old now.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2007, 07:05 PM #17 of 17
They ARE good knives, yes. But the additional expense for that little added quality is not worth it for most people, and you'll be expected to try to push them on fucking everybody even if you KNOW they won't want them and can't afford them. The introductory packet basically demanded I try to force these things on my friends and family because they would naturally be more inclined to help me out.

I also have a friend that sells cutco knives. He does well with it, too. He's regional manager or something. He is also a zombie and that's all he talks about.
Well, you basically have to be a zombie with these companies; if your sales don't go up and up and up and up then you're a HUGE FAILURE and REIMBURSE US FOR THE UNSOLD GOODS and hahahaha, fuck you, GI Joe

I was nearly sucked into this crap myself and had an interview scheduled for the next day, but I just Googled the... what was it? I can't recall the name, it was just another front company for selling those same knives, regardless

I don't work for anybody if the first 25 Google results for their name are consumer-advocate sites, so I completely called and cancelled the interview. They called me 8 times in the two months after to try to make me change my mind.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Working at home