Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

ADSL router...

Thoompie
Eating with pleasure

Member 1194

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 07:53 AM Local time: Oct 13, 2006, 01:53 PM #1 of 3
ADSL router...

Hey,

I just got a new ADSL connection (had cable before). We're have mulitple pc's so we're using a router. But the old router appears to be a little slow... What kind of new router should i buy? Does it have something to do with the difference beteween 100 and 1000 Mb/s?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Proud to be Perfect
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 08:43 AM Local time: Oct 13, 2006, 02:43 PM #2 of 3
ADSL connections are rarely even as fast as 100Mb/s in most of the world. A more common speed would be 8Mb/s so I doubt that's the problem.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 08:48 AM Local time: Oct 13, 2006, 07:48 AM #3 of 3
If you do a lot of internal file transferring between your networked PCs, or use one as a file server {like say to house MP3s or video files or whatever} AND your PCs all have gig nics in them, then go for the 1000 Mbps. If you don't have gig nics in your PCs and don't plan on upgrading anytime soon, then the 100 Mbps would be fine.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > ADSL router...