Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Pet's Dying

Miki4
Carob Nut

Member 2704

Level 5.90

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2006, 06:16 AM Local time: Oct 14, 2006, 01:16 PM #1 of 26
Pet's Dying

Who had his/her pet dying?

I had a dog who was at home even before I was born. He died at the age of 13 by a car. I didn't care too much since I didn't feel too close to him.

Now I have a doggy which I love, she's like my sister & I so fear that maybe she'll die on me too soon, she's 10.

So do tell about your pets.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Balcony Heckler
The Comedy Art of Insult

Member 13861

Level 15.34

Oct 2006

Old Oct 14, 2006, 07:12 AM Local time: Oct 14, 2006, 09:42 AM #2 of 26
I have, and it still pains me to this day

I had a little cat named Blackie. Blackie was a unique cat, the friendliest little cat you'd ever meet. you could literally have "I hate cats" branded on your forehead and Blackie would still rub up against you, waiting to be scratched.
the hardest part is the day she went to be put down, due to age factors, my father went into the hospital that day, and I only said good bye to my most loved pet and thought only about dad, who also died in the same week.

I sympathize with you, and I share your pain.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

You know what? you just might be full enough of shit to apply for congress
Craze
~Need a break~

Member 2021

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2006, 07:54 AM Local time: Oct 14, 2006, 08:54 PM #3 of 26
Sorry to hear that Heckler.

My last dog passed away in the vet last December. He was only 10 and died of poisoning so it was pretty hard to deal with. The worst part was that we couldn't be sure who/how he got poisoned, but it was definitely a great loss cause he was such an intelligent dog. We didn't toilet train him and yet he wouldn't dare dirty the room whenever we keep him indoors. Nor did we teach him how not to accept food from strangers but he resisted treats from our neighbour (which took us by surprise), but took it immediately when she passed to treat to my sister.

What is the breed of your dog Miki? Some may have a considerably longer life than others, but most importantly do take care of her diet and refrain her from doing extreme activities.

Most amazing jew boots
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2006, 09:46 AM Local time: Oct 14, 2006, 04:46 PM #4 of 26
When my bunny died, it broke my heart. The way she went was sad, she had a brain tumor and became almost completely blind, running into walls. The last few hours of her life, she squeaked. She was in extreme pain. It broke my heart, she was the sweetest little rabbit ever, always hopping over to say hi and loving company. I miss her incredibly.

How ya doing, buddy?
Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2006, 11:00 AM Local time: Oct 14, 2006, 12:30 PM #5 of 26
I had a cat named Snowball, I had him and his brother since I was 5. Snowball died when he was 11 and both me and Cuddles where devistaed. I still have dreams about him to this day.

Cuddles is still alive at the golden age of 18, but he is getting weaker and I don't think he will live for another year... who knows, but my world will crash when that happens.

I was speaking idiomatically.
ionuk tomb
Ionuk_Tomb

Member 13311

Level 8.35

Sep 2006

Old Oct 14, 2006, 01:28 PM Local time: Oct 14, 2006, 12:28 PM #6 of 26
My dog, Sheba, died in Feb '05 from cancer. She was 14 years old. She developed numerous rounded bumps over her body (metastasized cancer) and a couple of tumours in her mouth. We operated on the mouth tumours in Sept '04 and Nov '04, but they came back. Those extra 6 months were very precious to us though. I knew she was in pain, as she sometimes yelped when we touched the bumps on her body, but it never did slow her down until the last couple of days. From several experiences with various families' pets dying, I know the first year is the hardest as you go through 4 seasons thinking about what you could be doing with your favourite pet or recalling past special moments. Then you start looking forward to your next pet.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2006, 01:54 PM Local time: Oct 14, 2006, 01:54 PM #7 of 26
We used to have two little hamsters who were brothers. Speedy and Arnold were their names. They were cute and everything, but Speedy got and eye infection. We tried treating it but it would get better. He ended up dying after almost six months. Arnold however, lived for just over a year and a half. He was getting old as you could tell because his hair started turning grey from his usual blacker fur.

How ya doing, buddy?
Celes Chere
Good Chocobo

Member 11349

Level 18.07

Aug 2006

Old Oct 14, 2006, 03:18 PM #8 of 26
I had a cat who died two years ago, the day before my 17th birthday. He was technically my sister's cat but he lived with my parents and I. He was 19 years old.

He had a lot of personality. He was around when I was really little, and my parents told me he'd hang around my crib and watch me a lot.

When he was about to go, he'd walk around the house and wail, and go into corners and just sit there. My mom said he was looking for a place to die. They ended up having to put him down. We were all really sad because it was like having a kid of yours die. For months afterward I had quite a few dreams where he'd randomly appear.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2006, 04:37 PM Local time: Oct 14, 2006, 10:37 PM #9 of 26
Our first cat, Blackie, was run over by a car when I was 7. This was hard for me to take being so young, and my first experience of death. He wasn't so old when it died as well. Our second cat, Blackie 2, lived to be 8. The last I saw of him was when he came back home one time after being away for several months. We gave him some food and milk, but he was scared of us for some reason, even though he had lived with us for 9 years, we never saw him again, but I think that he has probably died by now, this was some 5 years ago.

Our first dog, Kip, ran away one day and we never saw him again, until one summers day, when we were out walking and he came out of no-where and came up to us. We took him home, but he escaped again, and we haven't seen him since. By the second time he ran away he must have been at least 7 years old. Kip and Blackie 2 got on really well, looking after each other, and sleeping near to one another, I think that Kip missed Blackie 2, and went to look for him.

Our second dog, Rex, had to be put down recently, well about a year ago. This was due to him becoming more agressive towards me, my mum and sister. We later found out that he had arthiritis in his back legs, and put his agressiveness down to this. When he wasn't agressive, he was a really good dog. I miss him

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Domino; Oct 14, 2006 at 04:39 PM.
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2006, 06:25 PM Local time: Oct 14, 2006, 11:25 PM #10 of 26
We used to have a cat called Shelley; she died right in front of me and it was horrible I actually feel worse for my brother because he was holding her at the time. She was about 14 and she had kidney failure; thinking about it now I don't know why she wasn't put down. I would say she was a nice cat but she came from a farm and was quite vicious at times, however that didn't make her any less of a companion for the family.

The worst thing about having this experience is that now I have a dog I keep thinking about how upset I will be when he dies, rather than how much I enjoy his companionship now. He's only a year and four months though so hopefully he's got a long while with me yet.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Balcony Heckler
The Comedy Art of Insult

Member 13861

Level 15.34

Oct 2006

Old Oct 14, 2006, 07:39 PM Local time: Oct 14, 2006, 10:09 PM #11 of 26
despite it all though, as long as we remember them, and the joy they brought us, is the key thing, and we'll all be reuinited with them someday

How ya doing, buddy?

You know what? you just might be full enough of shit to apply for congress
Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2006, 07:44 PM #12 of 26
I couldn't ever have cats or dogs because of my father and brother's allergies but I've lost a few of my pet rats and it really hurt everytime. The last two I had were twins and they spent all their time together. One of them started to devellop a tumour on her left shoulder. We got it operated on but she still died a few weeks later. She died while I was asleep so it was a shock when I woke up. A month later, the other one died. I noticed she wasn't looking so good and I sat with her for 4 hours until she died. Right before she died she started bleeding from her eyes, it was awful.

My neighbours cat has always been around, ever since they moved in next door when I was 4. Magic was the most adorable cat. He's not dead yet, but he's 24 and watching him deteriorate is pretty damn painful too. he's too stiff to even clean himself.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Baaah~
Chibi Neko

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2006, 09:29 PM Local time: Oct 14, 2006, 10:59 PM #13 of 26
I actually have a online cemetary for my pets

Rainbow bridge

How ya doing, buddy?
Isha
bartender

Member 4708

Level 5.11

Apr 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 03:06 PM Local time: Oct 15, 2006, 05:06 PM #14 of 26
I had a golden retriever with red fur named Hiedi growing up. I loved that dog because she was usually the only one home when I got home from school and she was always so happy to see me. I remember in the morning she'd walk me to the bus stop and wait for the bus to come, then she'd walk home when I got on. She resuced me one day on the way home when a guy jumped me. I've never even heard her growl before then and she was nine when that happened. She never left my side after that, she was always with me, besides going to school. I took her everywhere with me. She died at the age of 13, she had cancer that had spread a lot of places on her stomach. She did real well up until one day when she just stopped moving. She was in so much pain I couldn't let her suffer, there was no way the vet could save her so I had to make the very hard desicion to have her put down. I held her while he did it, I don't think I cried that much my entire life. I brought her home and burried her in her favorite spot on the hill overlooking the pond. I haven't gotten a dog since then.

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes!"
~Thoreau
Aquas
Oh, Nall...

Member 4590

Level 13.98

Apr 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 08:36 PM Local time: Oct 20, 2006, 07:36 PM #15 of 26
Ah, touching story Isha.

My mother has never been fond of the idea of housing pets like cats or dogs. Because she had a bad experience with a cat when she was growing up. But I absolutely adore cats, and dogs are fun too. Our family convinced my Mom to allow a parakeet to live with us. I named it "Teapot." Unfortunatly, it only lived for about a week or two.

What happened was I made a fort for Teapot out of the couch sleeves and put her in there while I was watching Goof Troop, some many years ago when Goof Troop showed. My brother comes home from school and sits on that end of the couch, crushing the fort I had made for Teapot. I had forgotten about the fort when my brother came home, and eventually I yelled to my brother, "TEAPOT!" And I told him to get up, he sat on it. (I don't remember the gender of Teapot) It was straight up dead. Probably suffocated due to my brother sitting on it. We buried it in our backyard. My family has never had pets since.

Whenever I tell my friends this story, they think it's either sad, or they laugh at the party where I go "TEAPOT!" Hehe.

FELIPE NO
In your dreams, magical thoughts
All things are real, unless you dream they're not
Chibi Neko

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 07:25 AM Local time: Oct 21, 2006, 08:55 AM #16 of 26
Just the other day (10/19) I had to put one of my rats down because she was really sick. She did not eat and would not keep her teeth knawed (they where very long)

It wasn't easy but it was for the best, she would have died a painful death if her teeth grew through her head.

How ya doing, buddy?
My Dreams
Virtuosic Dreams ^_^

Member 1412

Level 21.48

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 11:11 AM Local time: Oct 24, 2006, 12:11 AM #17 of 26
Well, I never had a pet that died. Most of them just disappeared.

ChocoJournal
The Link to the Chocojournal works now!
Transcriptions A new thread for transcriptions of all sorts.

"The man had a huge head. Like a pumpkin, really." - Godowskian on Shura Cherkassky
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 01:05 PM Local time: Oct 23, 2006, 12:05 PM #18 of 26
My first pet was a gerbil with a tendency to stuff whole baby carrots into his mouth and leave them there for days, nibbling every once in a while. I'm pretty sure that's how he died, but I don't really remember. I was pretty young. Then we got my cat Shadow when I was about 7 I think. He stuck around for 12 years, disappeared sometime last year, we figured he'd probably died and gone to kitty heaven. It was difficult for him to survive even aside from his old age - he literally had NO teeth. But he was a great cat.
I've had numerous other pets die from being hit by a car, including one particularly gruesome scene involving one of my small cats that made all my siblings cry... but i won't describe it

Most amazing jew boots
S_K
Death Phenomenon

Member 14358

Level 19.57

Oct 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 01:53 PM Local time: Oct 23, 2006, 06:53 PM #19 of 26
It's been a weird last year or so for me personally because our house in the past was always kinda like an animal farm. I'm sure I'm not the only one who relates to that feeling of the house feeling empty when your fave pet with an extra unique character passes on. Let's see... I'll try to keep these in order from oldest to most recent deaths...

various goldfish

rabbit (paralised from falling on back)
cat (old age)
dog (old age)
cat (paralised either from falling on back or beating, true cause unknown)
cat (put down due to cat aids)

The last 4 happened within the same year so yeah great fun, I also feel kinda guilty that the 2nd cat death hurt me personally the most... shouldn't I value each pet equally? ^^;

How ya doing, buddy?
Lady Jedi
Looking to become something more...

Member 13922

Level 3.93

Oct 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 10:35 PM Local time: Oct 24, 2006, 08:35 PM #20 of 26
In my childhood, I didn't have pets who "died" on me; they just disappeared one day, which wasn't unusual for out door cats. When I was in 8th grade, the best animal companion I have ever had (and I suspect I ever will have) appeared in my backyard: a beautiful lithe white cat named Marilyn (my sister named her somewhat after Marilyn Manson, but the Manson part got dropped/forgotten almost immediately). Marilyn was a lady cat, very dignified and demanding of attention at times but also very loving and affectionate (her purr was loud enough to let you know she loved you, but not so loud that it annoyed). A year ago around May/June she started having health probelms (difficulty eating, other problems) and around Halloween she disappeared and I do not know her fate. I miss her terribly.

After Marilyn, I adopted another stray, Ashley. She was a wild cat and while she loved me, she lacked the same dignity and grace that Marilyn had. On September 29th of this year I found her body; she had apparently been hit by a car. I turned hysterical at that point, and my dad had to take care of the body. I suppose what's truly sad is that now that I've lost Ashley I'm really able to mourn Marilyn because I didn't want to believe she was dead, but its been almost a year and none of my other cats have ever returned after they've "disappeared".

I'm not planning to get another pet any time soon. It really hurts to know that your companions are dead, and I'm not ready to feel that way again yet.

Most amazing jew boots
Save your tears for the day
When our pain is far behind
On your feet, come with me
We are soldiers stand or die
Save your fears, take your place
Save them for the judgement day
Fast and free, follow me
Time to make the sacrifice
We rise or fall
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 01:34 AM #21 of 26
When I was growing up, one of our dogs was hit by a car after getting out of the yard. I cried, but it didn't hurt as much as when I lost my cat, Boxi, a few years ago.

This was MY cat. She was my kid, and we were together for over 10 years. We had one of the best relationships around. Then one New Year's Eve, she climbed up into my arms and stayed there for hours. This was not normal for Boxi. The next day, she died while I was at work. I came home and discovered her lying on the floor at the foot of the bed.

I knew she had gone just before I got home. It was gut-wrenching. I don't think I ever knew what that term implied until I felt it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
BIGWORM
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 02:07 AM #22 of 26
I went through the unfortunate event of my cat being ran over...in front of my apartment. My cat Socks was ran over when it was about 6 years old. I had the cat since it was a month old when my fiancee bought it off a couple at our local Farmer's Market. I miss that cat to this day. Unfortunately, where I live don't allow pets, or I'd be quick to get another one. =/

[ SCHWARZE-5 - Helger Collins ]
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 09:02 AM #23 of 26
I had this dog named Rascal once when I was young. He was one of those "mangey mutts" people talk about. So smart, so protective, so great.

When we had to move from our large house in the country to an apartment in the city, we had to get rid of Rascal. My father lied to my sister and I, telling us he had found him a home.

Years later, my father's girlfriend at the time (in a fit of rage) blabbed to us about how my father lied about giving Rascal to a good home - that he actually killed him.

Killed him meaning he had to be put to sleep.

Just thinking about it these days still generates so much anger and sadness. It makes me want to cry - I loved that dog so much. And he loved us. It breaks my heart that my father had to put him down and didn't even let us be there to hold his paw.

Since, I've only really had my cat. Shes only about 4 or 5 years old and she is NOT allowed outside. (I am a protective bitch.) She's a pretty kitty. She's in good shape, too - she'll live for another 10 years, I'm sure.

FELIPE NO
nanashiusako
Good Chocobo

Member 4749

Level 17.91

Apr 2006

Old Oct 30, 2006, 09:31 AM #24 of 26
Are you trying to make me cry with that webpage? *sniff* I had lots of pets die. My Hamster, Lucky, died right in my hands. I dunno how old she was because we found her in our building's hallway. My dog was 16 years old when he passed. His name was Apollo. We think it was a stroke. He was a good dog, but a total weiner. He would pee the floor at thunder, or fireworks, and he would run like heck from cats. My cat, Meow (I didn't name these pets, by the way, lol), was killed when my mother decided to get a pit bull. For crying out loud, wasn't that bright of her?! He was old and missing a lot of teeth. I think he was maybe 13. That cat used to follow me around everywhere. He slept on my pillow or right on top of me.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Chibi Neko

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2006, 08:04 AM Local time: Oct 31, 2006, 09:34 AM #25 of 26
My cat Cuddles of 18 years is getting sick and I may need to put him down next week on my day off... it hurts just to think about it

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Pet's Dying