Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Manga] Saint Seiya Episode G

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 10:54 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 10:54 AM #1 of 13
Saint Seiya Episode G

here's some info about the latest manga of St. Seiya prequel
http://www.saintseiya.com/manga/episodeg.html

Well, actually I'm very disappointed with the quality of the drawing. too shoujo in my opinion, while SS is a shonen manga.

What do you say? has anyone here read the manga? :doh:

Jam it back in, in the dark.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
Nintendonomicon
Mama's boy

Member 1640

Level 16.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 11:21 PM Local time: Apr 29, 2006, 09:21 PM #2 of 13
Episode G is awesome. I found the art style to be awkward too, but in time it grew on me. The freakin' battles are incredible! Specially the Gold Saint vs Titans battles.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Return to Crystal Lake...

My Wii Friend Code 1942-4227-2974-0276
eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 04:12 AM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 04:12 PM #3 of 13
Um, do you know any group scanlating this series? or perhaps it has been licensed in your country?

I wanna see the gold saint in action, especially Shaka

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Nintendonomicon
Mama's boy

Member 1640

Level 16.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 11:53 AM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 09:53 AM #4 of 13
It hasn't been licensed over here, sadly. I do know of a community that scanlated some of the chapters (in spanish) and I have read most of them.

As for Shaka in action, you can catch a glimpse just by clicking here.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 01:01 PM Local time: May 1, 2006, 01:01 AM #5 of 13
I have checked my pm inbox, nintendo. gracias!

I was speaking idiomatically.

nitemare
Wark!

Member 1062

Level 1.02

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 12:50 AM #6 of 13
The style of drawing is great, granted it's not for everyone.
There's only 1 scanlated chapter out so far, which is a pity, I have however bought all japanese volumes out so far and if anyone has/knows where to get the translations in english that would be greatly apprieciated.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 10:57 AM Local time: May 19, 2006, 01:57 PM #7 of 13
Anyone know where I can find RAWs of this ?
I've read the first volume, but I didn't like it very much. But there are some things in it that are attractive.

FELIPE NO
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 06:15 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 05:15 PM #8 of 13
Originally Posted by Nintendonomicon
It hasn't been licensed over here, sadly. I do know of a community that scanlated some of the chapters (in spanish) and I have read most of them.

As for Shaka in action, you can catch a glimpse just by clicking here.
Care to share those mangas, paisano?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Nintendonomicon
Mama's boy

Member 1640

Level 16.17

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 11:18 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 09:18 PM #9 of 13
Originally Posted by Tawnee Stoner
Care to share those mangas, paisano?
Sure thing, man. You may check your PM inbox.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2006, 10:45 AM Local time: May 27, 2006, 01:45 PM #10 of 13
Anyone who has it, could post a link for it, please. This way we don't have all to send Nintendonomicon PM everytime someone wants it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hao
Listening to your heart

Member 289

Level 4.12

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 03:12 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 09:12 PM #11 of 13
I just bought Episode G Vol. 8, the french edition:

It's a good thing I know a little French

Anyway, about Episode G itself.

Design:It took some time to get used to Okada's drawing style, especially how the gold saints are drawn. The best and the worst part of it is the amount of detail he puts in every scene. While this is definitely an improvement over Kurumada's sober style, I find it sometimes difficult to make out what's happening.

I think it would improve a lot if it was all in full-color, but that'll probably never happen The Gaidens at the beginning of each volume are a good example how sweet that would be...

Story:Kurumada is writing his tale, so very few surprises probably. Because it's in the past, there are limits to what can happen during Episode G without "damaging" the future Saint Seiya. He managed to give Aiolia some new attacks (e.g. Photon Burst). Battles are still fairly standard Kurumada style:

Enemy beats the crap out of Saint -
Saint explodes his cosmos to the limit -
Beats the enemy while nearly dying -
Enemy retreats and vows revenge...

... and so forth...

Originally Posted by Yuna
Anyone know where I can find RAWs of this ?
Sorry, The Lurker had a bot with the 6 first tanks RAW, but suddenly it's just filled with hentai :eyebrow:

For some English discussions about Episode G here's a French forum with a small English section. There are some links to pics from the latest chapters:
http://gokiburichan21.free.fr/phpbb2/index.php

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Half of what you are taught as medical students within 10 years has been shown to be wrong....
...And the trouble is, none of your teachers knows which half.
S. Burwell, Dean Harvard Medical School
A Year of Training: last updated on December 16
Nintendonomicon
Mama's boy

Member 1640

Level 16.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 08:45 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 06:45 PM #12 of 13
Fantastic.
Would you be kind enough to provide a summary for the volume you just bought?

How ya doing, buddy?

Hao
Listening to your heart

Member 289

Level 4.12

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 06:12 AM Local time: Jun 10, 2006, 12:12 PM #13 of 13
Originally Posted by Nintendonomicon
Fantastic.
Would you be kind enough to provide a summary for the volume you just bought?
I have made summaries of Gaiden 9, chapter 29 & 31. I'll post chapter 32 & 33 another time. (exams have a higher priority )

The cover of Vol.8 has Aiolia standing between "Dark" and "Light" Saga. Notice that the "Light" Saga has light hair and "Dark" Saga has dark hair, just like the original manga.

Spoiler:

Gaiden 9: "The Men of the depths"

"The God has asked a question... and I have answered: "I am Seadragon"

A gorgeous full-color 4-page spread of Kanon wearing the General Sea Dragon Scale with the other 6 Scales and Poseidon’s cloth in the background. It simply repeats the scene when Kanon first discovered Poseidon's trident and Palace.

Chapter 30: "The Ones who stand in the way"
Shura, wounded after the battle with Crios, & Aiolia feel the dark presence of Cronos at Sanctuary. Aiolia supports Shura as they return to Sanctuary.
Cronos has retrieved the Megas Drepanon from beneath the statue of Athena but finds there are 2 seals that block his path. Grand Pope Saga is there as well and says that the 2nd seal was placed by Zeus because of how he feared the Cronos’ return. Saga himself will release the seals so that he can offer the MD to Cronos. He also says that all Saints are under his orders to not interfere.
The 5 Gold Saints who are at sanctuary (Death Mask, Shaka, Camus, Milo and Aphrodite) are under orders to protect their own houses. Milo is furious that he is stuck there while Cronos is at Sancturary, while Camus is suspicious that the enemy would attack at this exact moment. Aphordite suspects a traitor is among them. Shaka believes that only the 2 Gold Saints who didn’t receive the Grand Pope’s orders (Shura & Aiolia) could stop Cronos, but someone else needs to buy time before they get there.
Back at Athena’s statue, Cronos mocks the lack of Saints at Sanctuary to stop him. Saga internally begins to struggle with that notion, and Saga’s light side emerges. Removing the Pope’s cloths, Saga summons the Gemini gold cloth and prepares to fight Cronos as the Gold Saint of Gemini.
Despite “Light” Saga’s worries about the time he has left, he still fights on, using Another Dimension on Cronos. Cronos resists and uses Teleos Oracle to try to revert Saga to the dark side, but at that moment Saga goes Galaxian Explosion on Cronos and …Boom

Some Raws here.

Chapter 31: “The One who is Imprisoned
As the clouds of the explosion fade away, we see that both Cronos and Saga survived. Cronos used the cosmos inherent to Athena’s statue to protect himself, while Saga used the defensive barrier that Zeus’ seal on MD produces. It would seem that the seal reacts to any aggressive attack by creating a barrier.
Cronos attacks again, but with an attack that takes away life, Hyetos Kaos. The barrier doesn't react to this, so Saga is slowly being drained of his life. He once again uses Another Dimension.
Cronos mocks Saga, saying that his cosmos is infinite compared to "Light" Saga's limited time. Suddenly Saga attacks again and in shock, Cronos realizes he is losing his Ichor, his divine blood, even though he is just a spiritual form. He demands Saga to tell him what he has done. Saga reveals the Gold Dagger (oddly enough it’s as big as a sword here) that Cronos gave to him 6 years ago to assassinate Athena. Saga says that he is ready to commit the greatest sin by using a forbidden weapon to kill Cronos. He prepares to deliver the final blow.
But unfortunately, “Light” Saga’s consciousness fades and he falls to the floor. Taking the Pope’s cloths and mask, “Dark” Saga teleports back to the throne room. As he recovers, he curses his other side and shouts that he hates himself.
Cronos senses another cosmos approaching. With great speed, Aiolia has passed all the 12 houses (and left Shura at the house of Capricorn) to arrive in front of Athena’s statue. Cronos recognizes him as the one who will release the seals. Aiolia doesn’t agree with Cronos and attacks with Lightning Bolt. Cronos anticipated this and uses the MD to catch Aiolia's attack. It results with the destruction of the “fake MD”: The true Megas Drepanon is shown, with Cronos’ true body sealed with of Zeus’ lightning.

Raw pictures here.

Most amazing jew boots
Half of what you are taught as medical students within 10 years has been shown to be wrong....
...And the trouble is, none of your teachers knows which half.
S. Burwell, Dean Harvard Medical School
A Year of Training: last updated on December 16

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Manga] Saint Seiya Episode G