Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Theevan - The greatest animated film of all time

value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2012, 07:26 PM 1 #1 of 2
Theevan - The greatest animated film of all time

YouTube Video

Ladies and gentleman, Theevan is the greatest animated film of all times. Witness the pageantry of a movie with subtitles, but no spoken dialogue. The interesting artistic hairstyling. The well-written, easy to follow plot. The amazing, not-at-all amateurish model work and textures.

Oh, and the facial expressions!

And the stunning vistas with consistent texture work!

And... whatever this is!

Let the filmmaker explain...

Quote:
After 1.5 years of hard work, I can finally put an end to this project! Just for those that don't know, I started Theevan as part of a Uni multimedia project and after managing to come 1st place for the project, I was motivated to continue this project and finish it off in my own spare time. Overall, I'm extremely pleased with the way it turned out, considering its my first film, and that I have no background whatsoever in design skills, 3D animation, art, or filmmaking.
I used Renderfarm.fi mostly to render the film's scenes. Some of the scenes I had to render myself, especially for scenes containing simulations. Thank you once again to the teams at Renderfarm.fi and its dedicated volunteers! Without Renderfarm.fi, I wouldn't have been able to render some of the epic scenes on my mediocre dual-core PC and laptop and the renderfarm definitely seems like a great idea to allow newer artists to explore their creative side! I will continue to use Renderfarm.fi for future projects and will also volunteer whenever I get a more powerful PC.
On one hand, it sort of feels like watching this and laughing at it is shitting on a guy who was just as a hobby making a movie. On the other hand, how in the blue blazes do you make a movie where the female love interest (?) is a balding triangle woman? Why are there dragons? What in the hell is the ending supposed to represent? Why is there a watermelon in the middle of a forest? Fuck it, this is just awful, but in an endearingly watchable way.

If you can't be bothered to watch the whole thing, the dramatic attack on the boat at 9m00s, the swimming scene at 16m15s, and the dramatic final battle at 19m00s are emblematic of the movie as a whole, and pretty fun to watch.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 07:39 AM #2 of 2
Mo0! Spoilers!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Theevan - The greatest animated film of all time