Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] "When You Can Take The Pebble From My Hand..." David Carradine Dies, Aged 72

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:40 PM #1 of 26
"When You Can Take The Pebble From My Hand..." David Carradine Dies, Aged 72

Quote:
Veteran actor David Carradine who played the title role in Kill Bill, has been found dead in a Bangkok hotel room.

Carradine, 72, who was in Thailand shooting a new film, was found by crew members after failing to turn up for a dinner.

The Nation newspaper quoted police sources as saying the actor was found hanged in his luxury room.

Carradine, who also starred in the cult 1970s TV series Kung Fu, was a leading member of a venerable Hollywood acting family which included his father, character actor John Carradine, and brother Keith.

Carradine appeared in more than 100 feature films with directors such as Martin Scorsese, Ingmar Bergman and Hal Ashby. One of his prominent early film roles was as singer Woody Guthrie in Ashby's 1976 biopic Bound For Glory.

But he was best known for his role as Kwai Chang Caine, a Shaolin priest travelling the 1800s American frontier West in the Kung Fu series shown in 1972-75. He reprised the role in a mid-1980s TV movie and played Caine's grandson in the 1990s syndicated series Kung Fu: The Legend Continues.

He returned to the top in recent years as the title character in Quentin Tarantino's two-part movie saga Kill Bill.

"There isn't anything that Anthony Hopkins or Clint Eastwood or Sean Connery or any of those old guys are doing that I couldn't do," he said. "All that was ever required was somebody with Quentin's courage to take and put me in the spotlight."

Bill was a complete contrast to his TV character Kwai Chang Caine, the soft-spoken refugee from a Shaolin monastery, serenely spreading wisdom and battling bad guys in the Old West. He left after three seasons, saying the show had started to repeat itself.

One thing remained a constant after Kung Fu: Carradine's interest in Oriental herbs, exercise and philosophy. He wrote a personal memoir called "Spirit of Shaolin" and continued to make instructional videos on tai chi and other martial arts.
The Press Association: David Carradine found dead in hotel

David Carradine was a very good actor who was boxed into a certain type of role, much like the careers of Alec Guiness or David Warner. However, Carradine was tough as a box of nails and disliked a lot of the work he did and didn't particulary care for fans either, as this picture well addresses.

He took a lot of flack - his family made fun of him for not only taking on the role in Kung Fu but people in the real world assuming he was asian. Its a sad end to a really good actor who was underwhelmed by his filmography.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:47 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2009, 01:47 PM #2 of 26
Uh, fuck Carradine. Kung-Fu should have gone to Bruce Lee.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:48 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2009, 07:48 PM #3 of 26
Is that Saruman from Lord of the Rings?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:52 PM 1 #4 of 26
Uh, fuck Carradine. Kung-Fu should have gone to Bruce Lee.
He took a role he was offered. Blame the producers for walking off with the idea.

Also: "hurr hurr hurr, I'm Braydee and I saws them there thar Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story. I'm intelligicable in this here thread of topiks."

Is that Saruman from Lord of the Rings?
That was Christopher Lee.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2009, 02:02 PM #5 of 26
What exactly is the rationale that leads from "actor #1 picked for role over actor #2" to "FUCK ACTOR #1"? I think you're looking for "FUCK THE CASTING DIRECTOR" if anything, that's three doors down and to your left, thanks for stopping by.

Hint: you don't cast people for broadcast television when their accent is thicker than molasses, hth

I was speaking idiomatically.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 08:25 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2009, 08:25 AM #6 of 26
lmbo Pang apologizing for institutional racism itt, good job Pang

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 09:50 AM #7 of 26
Cops: Carradine death may be accidental - Celebrities- msnbc.com

Quote:
Officials: ‘Kill Bill’ star found in closet with rope tied around neck, genitals

BANGKOK - The body of American actor David Carradine, best known for the 1970s TV series “Kung Fu,” was found in a hotel room closet with a rope tied to his neck and genitals, and his death may have been caused by accidental suffocation, Thai police said Friday.

The 72-year-old actor’s body was discovered Thursday in his luxury suite at Bangkok’s Swissotel Nai Lert Park Hotel. Police initially said they suspected suicide, though Carradine’s associates had questioned that theory and authorities later said no suicide note was found in his room.

Police Lt. Gen. Worapong Chewprecha told reporters that Carradine was found with a rope tied around his genitals and another rope around his neck.

“The two ropes were tied together,” he said. “It is unclear whether he committed suicide or not or he died of suffocation or heart failure.”

Thai police completed an autopsy on Carradine on Friday. But Police Col. Somprasong Yenthuam, superintendent of the Lumpini police station, which is handling the case, said results would not be ready for at least three weeks because the cause of death was unclear. He called the time lag “normal.”

Dr. Nanthana Sirisap, director of Chulalongkorn Hospital’s Autopsy Center, told reporters that the autopsy was conducted because of the “unusual circumstances surrounding Carradine’s death,” but did not elaborate.

Police Lt. Teerapop Luanseng had said Thursday that Carradine’s body was found “naked, hanging in a closet,” and that police at the time suspected suicide.

But one of Carradine’s managers dismissed the theory.
Tragic though it may be, at least we can say he went out in some kinky, filthy sex accident as opposed to some sort of pussy suicide thing.

FELIPE NO
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 10:10 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2009, 04:10 PM #8 of 26
What's all this "May not have been suicide" shit? Of course it was a sordid sex game gone wrong, what kind of fucking idiot ties up their cock when they hang themselves if they're just trying to commit suicide?

Also, when will people learn that auto-asphyxiation is only a good idea with someone you know, doing it with a rent boy is fucking retarded because when you start to die they'll probably run off with your wallet, rather than cut you down and call an ambulance.

Most amazing jew boots
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 10:29 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2009, 10:29 AM #9 of 26
At least he wasn't found with his knob in some 8 year old boy he confined in a rigor mortis death grip.

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 10:31 AM #10 of 26
Originally Posted by sprouticus
Tragic though it may be, at least we can say he went out in some kinky, filthy sex accident as opposed to some sort of pussy suicide thing.
I wish I didn't laugh at this

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 10:32 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2009, 10:32 AM #11 of 26
Hi I'm David Carradine, my career was built on the white inferiority complex. I'm divorced 4 times and am an avid sex tourist, lol, I mean "martial artist."

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 11:08 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2009, 05:08 PM #12 of 26
At least he wasn't found with his knob in some 8 year old boy he confined in a rigor mortis death grip.
Who's to say he wasn't? The details to emerge have been sketchy at best thus far.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 11:16 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2009, 09:16 AM #13 of 26
This is most unfortunate. I always liked him in Kung-Fu (both of them, curiously enough) and I wish he hadn't gone out like this. Or any way, for that matter.

R.I.P. Caine.

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 01:03 PM #14 of 26
I always liked him in Kung-Fu (both of them, curiously enough) and I wish he hadn't gone out like this.
You know what though? If you have to die, dying during orgasm ain't half bad. Theres a hell of a lot worse ways to go.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 02:03 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2009, 02:03 PM #15 of 26
When things go wrong with autoerotic asphyxiation it's just as likely that he died with blue balls.

FELIPE NO
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 02:43 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2009, 12:43 PM #16 of 26

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 02:50 PM #17 of 26
lmbo Pang apologizing for institutional racism itt, good job Pang
It is a pretty good troll that is obviously trolling yet his troll position is so stupidly obnoxious that you kind of want to argue with it despite knowing that it is a troll.

It is the troll singularity and I am paralyzed with indecision

Congratulations, you are now the Best Troll Ever

You have reached the top of an illustrious field and now you may retire with honor

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 03:04 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2009, 03:04 PM #18 of 26
Trolling is a lifetime position, appointed by God

value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 03:42 PM #19 of 26
Go back to Laissez's Faire, Brady

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 04:32 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2009, 04:32 PM #20 of 26
Through the magic of tabs I can bring Laissez's Faire with me wherever I go.

If only you could carry your fridge.

value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 04:37 PM #21 of 26
In all seriousness, does Laissez's Faire even attempt serious discussion, or is it just a place for people to pretend they know what they're talking about while not using punctuation?

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 04:44 PM #22 of 26
Why would anyone want to have a serious political discussion with goons?

I will take 10,000 wacky McCain photoshops before I listen to what any of these mongos actually have to say.

Most amazing jew boots
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 04:45 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2009, 04:45 PM #23 of 26
It's gotten to the point where seriousposts are sometimes indistinguishable from trolls, and even the obvious ones people will argue with. It is my dojo.

There were some people that wanted an end to frivolitry even though it's a joke forum, but I don't see why there can't be room for both, and that's ended up being the status quo.

Quote:
I will take 10,000 wacky McCain photoshops before I listen to what any of these mongos actually have to say.
LF was a lot more fun months ago when there was a Maoist/Third-Worldist posting crew.

FELIPE NO
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 05:18 PM #24 of 26
How long until the pix show up on internet?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 05:29 PM #25 of 26
Why would you want the internet to see the security video of you fleeing Carradine's room as the "experiment" goes awry?
David paid you good money for your company but you just ditched him when things went south

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] "When You Can Take The Pebble From My Hand..." David Carradine Dies, Aged 72