Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Prison Break Season 4 Discussion

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2008, 02:50 PM Local time: Aug 27, 2008, 02:50 PM #1 of 31
Prison Break Season 4 Discussion

Its airing this upcoming Monday at 8. 2 hours. Been a long time since its short season 3. Anyway season 3 was highly entertaining, but not as good as the first two as I am sure a lot of you will agree. Not highly realistic either, but much of the stuff is not impossible either.

I have to say the season 4 trailers don't look to good. But I won't judge too much off trailers.

I am looking forward to seeing Mahone work with the company and get back at them. No way he is going to go along without ulterior motives.

Also seeing T-Bag and Sucre in Sona will be cool. And I have no interest in Michael chasing down Gretchen or whatever Lincoln is doing. At least not yet.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2008, 02:56 PM #2 of 31
It's really surprising they've even made a Season 4, considering how far out in left field Season 3 was. There's no real reason to care about any of these characters at this point. Sure, I'll watch, but only because I'm a glutton for punishment.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2008, 02:59 PM Local time: Aug 27, 2008, 02:59 PM #3 of 31
Well it was still getting decent ratings. That's why I believe. Got to admit the show is very entertaining no matter how far out it is though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2008, 10:00 PM Local time: Aug 27, 2008, 09:00 PM #4 of 31
It's really surprising they've even made a Season 4, considering how far out in left field Season 3 was. There's no real reason to care about any of these characters at this point. Sure, I'll watch, but only because I'm a glutton for punishment.
Word for word how I feel about this show. Except not angry enough. Seriously, they went from being awesome in S1, to okay in S2, to fucking terrible in S3. And when I saw the commercials for S4, I thought it was a joke. My mom actually suggested the show should go in a similar direction, and I laughed it off as a terrible idea. BUT THEY DID IT.

I honestly can't tell you why I'm still watching this show. And as for the ratings, S3 had the worse ratings yet, only hovering around the 6 million mark on average. Even for FOX that's starting to dip into terrible (shows which got cancelled early in their run, like Reunion and Drive, were only getting around two million viewers less than that), so my guess is that they only brought it back because of the Writers' Strike. There was hardly any new shows this season as a whole, so why not let an established one stay on the air a little longer.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2008, 09:06 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2008, 09:06 PM #5 of 31
Wow that was bad really bad. They sped along way too fast with too many story elements. The three getting out of Sona cause it burned down was retarded. Acting was mediocre. The guy who plays the cop who hired Scofield, just doesnt work in this setting. He was alright before though. Didn't like the Sarah and Michael interactions either this time around. Nor Mahone's family getting killed. And T-Bag doesnt feel like T-bag.

One of the worst premieres I have seen in a long time. Don't even know if I feel like watching, but I probably will.

Most amazing jew boots
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2008, 09:16 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2008, 08:16 PM 1 #6 of 31
I agree with you on everything. Even so, I still think this season has more potential than S3, which isn't saying much but still. Of course, having potential and actually being good are two different things, so whether this season turns out to be watchable is still up in the air.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2008, 09:18 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2008, 09:18 PM #7 of 31
More potential?, I just don't see it. But for me season 3 was pretty decent.

FELIPE NO
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2008, 09:27 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2008, 08:27 PM 1 #8 of 31
I just really, really hated Sona. It was a crappy setting that led to even crappier storylines. As much as I hated it though, I do think that was a crappy way to resolve all the storylines from there, which was probably brought about more by a change in filming locations (they moved from Dallas to L.A. this season) than any actual caring for logic.

So yeah, to me S3 was some of the worst television I've seen in my life, which is why I think this season has the potential to be better.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2008, 10:06 PM #9 of 31
I've got to go with BZ on this one. All the lazy writing to justify the setup, the laughable Dirty Dozen scenario, it was just way over the top bad. I knew Sarah was coming back, but really, the best explanation they could come up with was, "I didn't look all that close at the head in the box"? And what's up with no-personality NFL linebacker dude as the bad guy?

speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2008, 02:20 PM Local time: Sep 2, 2008, 01:20 PM #10 of 31
I don't get this show. All I've watched was parts of the season where they were trapped in Sona. Do they get thrown into a different prison each season? That doesn't make sense even from a non-sensical TV show perspective. How can there be more than 1 season of this show?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2008, 02:47 PM #11 of 31
Season 1 was Michael getting himself thrown in Fox River (Indiana) Penitentiary so he could break his brother out off of death row.

Season 2 was the convicts on the run from the law after they broke out, trying to find buried money and ultimately for the brothers to escape to Panama.

Season 3 was Michael thrown into Sona, in Panama, working to break out another prisoner.

This season seems to be an unfunny ripoff of last season's Knights of Prosperity.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2008, 04:19 PM Local time: Sep 2, 2008, 03:19 PM 1 #12 of 31
Season 1 was Michael getting himself thrown in Fox River (Indiana) Penitentiary so he could break his brother out off of death row.

Season 2 was the convicts on the run from the law after they broke out, trying to find buried money and ultimately for the brothers to escape to Panama.

Season 3 was Michael thrown into Sona, in Panama, working to break out another prisoner.

This season seems to be an unfunny ripoff of last season's Knights of Prosperity.
I'm pretty sure Fox River was in Illinois, and KoP was from two seasons ago, not last season.

And honestly, maybe the show was worse than I thought, but I wasn't paying enough attention to actually tell. I haven't watched this show seriously since about halfway through S2, so it's not like it got my full attention (among other things, I was playing the PB mobile phone game while watching the show which, as terrible as it was, was at least based on S1 and thus way better than the garbage on TV at the moment).

So basically, looking at the screen occasionally and not seeing Sona already makes this season better than last season if you ask me. Plus, at least the Asian guy was mildy funny.

Most amazing jew boots
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2008, 04:38 PM Local time: Sep 2, 2008, 11:38 PM #13 of 31
I completely forgot about this. Thank you for reminding me GFF.

I was speaking idiomatically.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2008, 09:44 AM #14 of 31
I'm pretty sure Fox River was in Illinois, and KoP was from two seasons ago, not last season.
Illinois, Indiana, I can't keep the "I" states straight. Close enough for a fictional TV show.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2008, 05:27 PM Local time: Sep 3, 2008, 04:27 PM 1 #15 of 31
Illinois, Indiana, I can't keep the "I" states straight. Close enough for a fictional TV show.
That doesn't justify screwing up when KoP aired.

Never Forget.

FELIPE NO
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2008, 05:42 PM #16 of 31
This morning my train was delayed for 90 minutes because of a body on the track. When I got into the office and read your post, I couldn't figure out what KoP meant. Now I get it (duh) and feel sufficiently stupid.

Never Forget.

Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2008, 06:13 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2008, 01:13 AM #17 of 31
Text, because this ended up unspoilered on the front page. And some more just to be sure.

Spoiler:
Wow, Sarah's alive. Awesome!

Last edited by Grawl; Sep 3, 2008 at 06:19 PM.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2008, 06:14 PM Local time: Sep 3, 2008, 06:14 PM #18 of 31
Was that the highlight of the episode? lol

Most amazing jew boots
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2008, 06:19 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2008, 01:19 AM #19 of 31
Was that the highlight of the episode? lol
I'm near the end of episode 1 now. Then I'll go watch 2.

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2008, 06:23 PM #20 of 31
Quote:
Grawl's spoiler
It's not really a spoiler, since I heard a radio promo announcing that last weekend. Something like, "Sarah's back, but you'll have to watch to find out how!" Yeah, because unobservant loved ones is the best explanation.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Ghodbane
Chocobo

Member 2867

Level 9.70

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2008, 09:02 PM #21 of 31
I still feel like this show should have ended after one or 2 seasons. They never really establish anything about the company in prior seasons and the events of season 3 and I feel like too much of the show plays out in an illogical way just to bring the main characters together; T-bag having the bird book for one thing, just for the sake of retaining T-bag's character, and Bellick! what the heck does he still have to do with anything!

Season 1 was a gem but this show's been getting considerably worse with every half new assed-script they write. Not to mention half-assed acting *cough Gretchen*. I'll stick to watching Weeds.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2008, 09:16 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2008, 09:16 PM #22 of 31
Well got to admit after that god awful transition with the premiere, the show is back to being highly entertaining and better.

And damn that receptionist has some godly tits.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2008, 09:55 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2008, 08:55 AM #23 of 31
Wow, I can't believe people are reporting that this show's ratings are going down because The Sarah Connor Chronicles is a crappy lead-in. While that's probably somewhat true, they can't deny that this show's drop in quality is somewhat to blame as well. The ratings for PB have gotten lower and lower with every season, even when it had no lead-in, so to use another show as an excuse is kinda lame.

That being said, I do think the show has gotten better in recent weeks, though like I said earlier just about anything would be a step up from that godawful Season 3. I still have no idea what the fuck some of these people are still doing on the show (T-Bag), but overall at least it's not terrible.

FELIPE NO
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2008, 10:05 AM #24 of 31
Since it's on opposite Heroes, I stopped watching. The first few episodes weren't enough to make me find it online, and I just don't care anymore.

Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2008, 06:43 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2008, 01:43 AM #25 of 31
This is slowly slipping into the "so bad that it's actually entertaining" zone.

When did Michael get rid of his tattoos and grow a chest hair anyway.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Prison Break Season 4 Discussion