Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Honey Mustard

VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2007, 05:29 AM #1 of 10
Honey Mustard

So, I really like honey mustard. I like it from most places--like Arby's, Captain D's, Sonic's, and Apple Bee's. It's all pretty much the same, with some minor variations, right?

So, my question is--why the hell don't any grocery stores have honey mustard that's anything like what the restaurants have? Every kind I've tried thus far has been far too mustard-ish (which I guess is to be expected). None of it's really like a dipping sauce, though.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a brand I should try that would be more like what I get from fast food/restaurants?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Nov 19, 2007, 09:22 AM Local time: Nov 19, 2007, 02:22 PM #2 of 10
I always get this with my teriyaki chicken at Subway, but I've never seen it anywhere else. I'm also interested.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2007, 01:48 AM #3 of 10
You know, I am pretty sure you can make your own honey.....mustard. To your liking even!

I know our local shops here in town make their own and serve it. What's stopping you?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2007, 02:00 AM #4 of 10
All the major supermarkets around my area dish them out over here... Wonder what's up with your area...

But I <3 honey mustard, any crispy chicken meal I get MUST have it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2007, 09:13 AM #5 of 10
Honey mustard is a necessity when eating chicken, but no two brands/restaurants taste alike. Fast food honey mustard has gotten better since places like McDonalds introduced "premium" chicken strips and the like. Long John Silvers, on the other hand, has the worst honey mustard; it's translucent instead of being a nice rich yellow/orange. Still, what do you expect from a seafood restaurant?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2007, 09:46 AM #6 of 10
Not much I suppose?

I've taken a certain liking to White Castle's honey mustard. I usually base all my judgement on their honey mustard since theirs was the first one I tried. But at least they have good chicken rings to back it up.

But McDonald's is pretty good. I actually like a good majority of the chicken products they have.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2007, 02:16 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2007, 12:16 PM #7 of 10
Honey mustard is the only way to eat chicken. Whenever I go to Arby's I always make sure to tell them that I want honey mustard sauce. And without fail, they always end up putting some kind of grimy red sauce in my bag instead.

How ya doing, buddy?

RainMan
DAMND

Member 19121

Level 28.96

Feb 2007

Old Nov 20, 2007, 04:32 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2007, 04:32 PM #8 of 10
I worked at Sonic for a few years. The honey mustard there is really addictive. (Probably due to MSG.) I've tried to find and buy similar stuff at the store but its nowhere near the quality of Sonic's stuff.
It seems that a lot of these commercial sauces are made solely for the restaurant industry and most of the time not available to the public through the grocery market. (might not be a bad thing as many of these sauces contain neurotoxins/additives mildly hazardous to the nervous system)

How ya doing, buddy?
bahamuty
Celestial Chocobo

Member 1438

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2007, 04:54 PM #9 of 10
I like Boars Head honey mustard, it's sold at the deli counters at Publix supermarket.
Don't know if it's sold other places but any deli that carries Boars Head lunch meat should sell it or be able to order it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2007, 11:53 PM #10 of 10
You know, I am pretty sure you can make your own honey.....mustard. To your liking even!

I know our local shops here in town make their own and serve it. What's stopping you?
Yeah, grocery stores sell "Honey Mustard" here, but it doesn't taste ANYTHING like what I get from fast food, etc. Which is the issue.

And I have actually considered making my own, but--that seems like it'd take some time to get it exactly right. I'd rather just have it pre-made.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Honey Mustard