Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

tenseiken's BPFTP Server Tutorial

tompilk
Finally got a lovely photo with my hero...

Member 191

Level 28.33

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 01:24 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 07:24 PM #1 of 39
I have tried to set up an FTP with my router, but I just get a permission error (connection could not be established). I have set a dynamic IP at tompilk.dyndns.info. I have opened the necessary ports on my computer, but how do i get my router to go to my WAN address of my desktop? e.g. 192.168.1.50.
My router is a D-Link DSL G406T.
I cant think about what i haven't done.
i know it seems a silly question, but can i access the ftp from a browser? and when i access do i have to tell it which port? eg ftp://tompilk.dyndns.info:21 or just ftp://tompilk.dyndns.info
I cant even access it from within the network!
Im a bit confused... but when it works i have 25gigs of piano videos to share around in the concert hall...
Thanks,
Tom

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Hamelin Discography
My Website: http://www.opus39.co.uk
My Piano Videos: pdf

Last edited by tompilk; Apr 8, 2006 at 01:28 PM.
tompilk

Member 191

Level 28.33

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 03:36 AM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 09:36 AM #2 of 39
hi again. im able to access the ftp by ftp://localhost but i cant access it by going to my dyndns address over te internet...
that, im guesing, must mean it is my router.
I have opened up the necessary ports and also the passive ports. THat didn't make anything work.
I also set up a dmz and put the ip address of my computer on the network, but that didn't let me access it either. When i type my routers assigned ip from our isp i get the router login page... i asked my friend to type it in and he could access my router (if he had the password)!!!
Im sure something isnt right...
I think it is something to do with when i go to the address, i access my router and i need to forward that to my ftp on my desktop - how?
Any more suggestions?
Tom

Double Post:
Ive just unplugged my router and used my normal modem - it works perfectly - any ideas what settings i ned to change? Ive tried DMZ with no luck. Ive port forwarded 21 too, and 6001-6009 for passive.
I have a dlink DSL G406T
Tom

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hamelin Discography

Last edited by tompilk; Apr 9, 2006 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
tompilk

Member 191

Level 28.33

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 08:04 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2006, 02:04 PM #3 of 39
Originally Posted by tenseiken
tetre: My only thoughts on your lowercase thing is this. Go to setup->main->options. There's an option there titled 'Use all lowercase for files/dirs'. If that's ticked, untick it. If it's not ticked, I haven't a clue what the problem is.

tomplik: Definitely sounds like your router. If you've been through your router's page on www.portforward.com and it's not helping, you should read your manual for further info, or contact the manufacturer for support.
yeah. thanks.. ive read my manual and everything.. i tink my router is playing up. I contacted D-Link about 5 days ago - supposed to be 24hr response - not got one yet!
anyways, ill keep trying..
Tom

Most amazing jew boots
Hamelin Discography

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > tenseiken's BPFTP Server Tutorial