Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

tenseiken's BPFTP Server Tutorial

Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2007, 03:02 PM Local time: Feb 13, 2007, 10:02 AM #1 of 39
Major props for this guide, mate. I had to get a bunch of help from someone else regarding port forwarding and IPs, but the rest seems good. May I suggest adding something in, though?

"Make sure you check your DynDns account often (once a week), because if your IP address changes and you're not there to update it, your account will be shut down".

The person I got help from told me this, although I don't know why DynDns would do that. =/ Could someone explain?
Because it's a free service. And I didn't say once a week! More like 2 to 3 weeks. If you're that forgetful it wouldn't hurt to look at it once a week but do not update your ip every week!

Here, found this explaination in their faq:
Quote:
How often can/should I update my hostname?

A Dynamic DNS hostname only needs to be updated when your IP address has changed. Any updates more frequently than this - from the same IP address - will be considered abusive by the update system and may result in your hostname becoming blocked. Any script which runs periodically should check to make sure that the IP has actually changed before making an update, or the host will become blocked. An exception to this is for users with mostly static IP addresses; you may update 24-35 days after your previous update with the same IP address to "touch" the record and prevent it from expiring. Users will receive an e-mail notification if a host has been unchanged for 30 days, hosts are deleted after 35 days without being updated unless you've purchased upgrade credit(s).

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > tenseiken's BPFTP Server Tutorial