Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Simpsons Hit & Run Dialog Ripping (.rcf .rsd)

justabummer
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 24603

Level 1.02

Sep 2007

Old Apr 24, 2008, 09:59 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2008, 07:59 PM #1 of 1
Simpsons Hit & Run Dialog Ripping (.rcf .rsd)

Hi all! I hope this is the right forum since it's about a video game, but not about the music ripping. I'm interested in ripping the audio files from the dialog.rcf file from Simpsons Hit & Run PC game. I was able to get access from the rest of the .rcf files, but the dialog one was difficult for me since I'm just a novice in game audio ripping.

The program I used to play and extract from the other .rcf files was EkszBox-ABX v2.0. I stumbled upon that when trying it out with the PC version of Fable: The Lost Chapters. With this program, it was possible to see the files in the dialog.rcf file from Hit & Run and extract them, but not play them. Here's the what I see as the first line in a Hex Editor, RSD4RADP. I'm just curious if I'm missing anything or if there is a way to play the files. I can probably upload a segment (or the whole thing) of the dialog.rcf file if it's needed for testing. Here's one of the extracted files thanks to EkszBox-ABX: P Hitbyc Crl Lega.wav - 44.2 KB

If it isn't possible to do this, then I think that would be fine since I'm just curious to see if it's possible. I suspect it may just be something I hadn't thought of since the audio can be heard, sort of, in Goldwave. Other stuff I tried was Game Extractor, which is where I saw the .rsd extension of the files. Thanks for any help.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > Simpsons Hit & Run Dialog Ripping (.rcf .rsd)