Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

EAC questions

Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2008, 07:11 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2008, 12:11 PM #1 of 2
EAC questions

Hey all,

I'm working on ripping some of my CDs into FLAC, and it's going fine, but I have a couple of questions.

1 - What does the 'clear actual CD information' option do? I clicked it once thinking it would just erase things like the track name etc, but then I think it said a message about literally clearing/erasing the CD... Surely EAC isn't able to do that? Luckily I clicked cancel in case.

2 - Is there any way to change the track number in EAC? I'm ripping some CDs that have the annoying data track that counts as 1, then the actual tracks start from 2. Obviously I would prefer it starting from 1

Jam it back in, in the dark.
LiquidAcid
Chocorific

Member 6745

Level 38.97

May 2006

Old Mar 16, 2008, 12:36 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2008, 06:36 PM #2 of 2
Hey all,

I'm working on ripping some of my CDs into FLAC, and it's going fine, but I have a couple of questions.

1 - What does the 'clear actual CD information' option do? I clicked it once thinking it would just erase things like the track name etc, but then I think it said a message about literally clearing/erasing the CD... Surely EAC isn't able to do that? Luckily I clicked cancel in case.
Resets the tagging information you entered.
EAC is also capable of wiping CD-RWs, but that feature is found somewhere else.

2 - Is there any way to change the track number in EAC? I'm ripping some CDs that have the annoying data track that counts as 1, then the actual tracks start from 2. Obviously I would prefer it starting from 1
I would advise to separate ripping and tagging process. I usually use EAC onyl for ripping. I do tagging with foobar2k, kid3, eyeD3 and a bunch of other tools. EAC isn't very functional when it comes to tagging.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > EAC questions