Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Wanted: Someone to enhance MIDI files (or even digital)

Spikey
Sierra Music Quester

Member 13178

Level 13.35

Sep 2006

Old Aug 21, 2007, 11:15 PM Local time: Aug 22, 2007, 02:45 PM #1 of 1
Wanted: Someone to enhance MIDI files (or even digital)

Hey folks,

I was thinking about posting this, and I figured this forum (GFF) had to be somewhere I could ask ;P

Basically, for my website, I need someone who can take MIDI's and extend them a bit. Most MIDI files in a given soundtrack loop at about 50 seconds (on average).

By extending, I mean, taking the melody and continuing a bit. This shouldn't be too hard, because most MIDI loops don't really end- they may have an appropriate start, but the ending isn't a drumfill or a fade out, because they're designed to loop indefinitely.

Endings I can provide myself. But essentially:
I'm looking for someone to take, for example, a 50 second loop and make it a little longer, with maybe a couple more instruments, and melodies.
(That of course isn't set in stone, as different pieces would be treated differently.)

It doesn't have to be an entire symphony, although whole scores would be appreciated. But I'm flexible, as this is a creative process obviously

I'd appreciate anything anyone could offer. It makes soundtracks I release not looping, predictable affairs that sometiems don't go anywhere, but rather, expansions on the original ideas and a very rewarding soundtrack experience

Current examples of projects are Leisure Suit Larry 6, The Incredible Machine 1 and 2, and Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist.

Digital projcts are Torin's Passage, RAMA, The Incredible Machine (all games).

Once more, anything any of you out there can offer me would be very greatly received - whether it's:
- an enhancement of a MIDI file
- a MIDI-ification of a digital file (that is, a MIDI sequenced from hearing a digital piece)
- a remix of a MIDI or digital piece (done in whatever format)
- etc.

If you want to help out, I don't discriminate as to age or experience.

Please, feel free to contact me via PM, email, IM, my forums, etc etc

Regards, and thanks for reading this,
- Alistair (Spike)

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Spikey; Aug 22, 2007 at 12:12 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > Wanted: Someone to enhance MIDI files (or even digital)