Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Ripping music from GB/SPC/NSF formats with proper tagging

trackjacket
With a Twist of Lemon

Member 22470

Level 13.94

May 2007

Old Jul 20, 2007, 01:47 PM #1 of 1
Ripping music from GB/SPC/NSF formats with proper tagging

Hi, I'm new to ripping, and I'm interesting in learning what steps need to be taken to ensure a good quality and properly tagged rip. I'm not really looking to rip via the line-in method, and would rather work with the aforementioned formats.

I'm following this guide, but I can't seem to find anything regarding extracting proper track names. For track names, the guide says to play through the game and, basically, guess; but I'd prefer not to do that.

What I've done so far, is just use Visual Boy Advance to play a GB file, and then record the music using VBA; outputting in .wav format. As far as I can tell, VBA can't display specific track info other than the number of the track. So, basically, I'm left with a just .wav file (that I intend to edit and encode properly, but don't have proper ID3 tag info to work with).

Is there any way to manually identify proper track names for individual tracks? Whether through hex editing, or some other method?

Also, while I'm here, and since I'm interested in doing this also, are there any guides available for ripping DS game music? I know of VGMTrans, but, as far as I know, that also doesn't provide you with proper tag info found in individual tracks.

Again, sorry for my lack of knowledge, but I'm interested in learning to properly rip and hopefully sharing those rips with GamingForce.

Thanks in advance.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > Ripping music from GB/SPC/NSF formats with proper tagging