Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Male Reproductive Rights

Gohan1983
Wark!

Member 576

Level 2.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 09:08 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 08:08 PM #1 of 178
Male Reproductive Rights

Today the National Center for Men has made a lawsuit that is to challenge the sole choice that women have in reproductive rights. Heres the link http://www.nationalcenterformen.org/page7.shtml
Go here to read more from them. I think that it is about time that men stood up for there rights and play apart in this issue.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 09:20 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 09:20 PM #2 of 178
The phrase "Your rights end where my nose begins" has as much truth here as in any other topic. The fact of the matter is, that men don't have to carry the pregnancy, and men aren't in danger for their very lives by reproducing. Whether or not a child should be aborted should always be the sole discretion of the mother, and whatever reason she has for aborting it is impossible to determine, and of no business to the state.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Gohan1983
Wark!

Member 576

Level 2.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 09:25 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 08:25 PM #3 of 178
The problem in your arguement is that men will never be able to carry the baby. But they still have all the responsibilities that the mother has. Men should have the same rights that women have. Equal rights for all. If the man wants to raise the child on his own then he should be able to.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 09:30 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 09:30 PM #4 of 178
No, men don't have all the responsibilities that women have when it comes to a pregnancy, and that is ultimately what an abortion is, the termination of a pregnancy.

Men can drink, eat, and smoke whatever they please, while women have to refrain from ingesting such toxins to ensure the physical and mental health of the child. Women have to eat enough to nourish both themselves, and the child, and women have to make sure that they're avoiding sharp corners and whatnot.

Men don't have the same responsibilities as women when it comes to a pregnancy. If you think otherwise, you have no clue about human anatomy.

Though, apparently wearing proper attire isn't a woman's responsibility during pregnancy. 8 months pregnant bitch thinks she can wear a button-up shirt to church? Who the fuck does she think she is? Put on a moo moo for God's sake, you know he's watching.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
J-Man
Taller than a tree

Member 102

Level 23.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 09:40 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 07:40 PM #5 of 178
All I can say is: about damn time.

I was speaking idiomatically.
scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 09:49 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 06:49 PM #6 of 178
hell ya! I aprove 100%. Why should men be left paying money for the baby, as if it was their fault that it happened? If women can deny a child, men should too!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 09:55 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 09:55 PM #7 of 178
I'm having a hard time interpreting that as anything but sarcasm, but I don't think I've seen you post much before, so I have to assume you're a cretin.

Whether or not a man pays more, or equal money to raise a child than a woman is ultimately up to the couple. If they think that the man can pay the rent on his lonesome, that's great. However, the advent of dual-income households suggest otherwise, especially with so many companies that offer maternity leave as a bonus package to their employees. A benefit only collectible, by the way, by women.

If men paying all of the money for the child was a universal constant, then why do we even have Daycares?

FELIPE NO
Sir VG
Banned

Member 49

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 09:56 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 08:56 PM #8 of 178
Brady, you may say that men aren't the ones carrying it, but sometimes, on some rare occassion, the man actually DOES want to have the child and would be willing to care for it, even if the woman isn't interested. It wouldn't be fair for her to abort it in that instance. Yes, she has to deal with it for 9 months, but after that, if they can come to some legal agreement about parental rights, then she shouldn't have a right to abort it. A child is as much the man as it is the woman.

Now if the man didn't give a rats ass, like in about 98.7% of society nowadays, then he shouldn't have a say. But they should have some rights if they're the other 1.3%.

Most amazing jew boots
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:01 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 10:01 PM #9 of 178
Yet you continuously ignore the purpose of an abortion, which isn't to block the ability to reproduce, but is the termination of a pregnancy. Since it is the woman, who is in fact pregnant, it should always be the woman's sole discretion whether or not a child, her child, needs to be brought into the world as it is her physical well-being at stake. Whether or not the child is a man's baby, he is not the one who has to deal with the physical ramifications of it, and therefore, all physical aspects of a pregnancy should be determined by a woman, including the termination of said pregnancy.

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:09 PM #10 of 178
Originally Posted by Gohan1983
Male Reproductive Rights
Men don't have any, get used to it. If you get your partner pregnant and neither of you was using any contraceptive products (pills, condom, etc..) you're basically giving her full control over whether the potential kid is born or not.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:11 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 07:11 PM #11 of 178
What would mens rights be if you were using a condom, and it failed? Just curious

How ya doing, buddy?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:15 PM #12 of 178
Originally Posted by scotty
What would mens rights be if you were using a condom, and it failed? Just curious
And your partner got pregnant and she wants to carry the kid to term? None, you have no right there either. Sure there would be a lot of "what if" situations, and there have been quite a few already, but the choice is ultimately up to the woman.

How ya doing, buddy?

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:17 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 10:17 PM #13 of 178
Is that even a question? They'd be the same as they had before.

JackyBoy
A Cinnamon Role?

Member 2219

Level 13.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:25 PM #14 of 178
I would disagree with this. Given a situation in which my partner became pregnant but felt she didn't want to go through with pregnancy I would argue that I have a right to fight for that child's life. I understand I don't have the responsibility of carrying and delivering the child but I think I would be pretty upset if I knew I was a father but my partner made a decision to terminate the pregnancy and I ultimately could do nothing about it.

You're staring at me like I just asked you what the fucking square root of something.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:34 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 10:34 PM #15 of 178
That's great then, find yourself a new bitch to soil with your seed. Whatever social problems you have with your woman where she can't trust you enough to talk to you about an abortion is your problem.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter what you feel, because laws don't exist to coddle you, and make the world your personal oyster.

FELIPE NO
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:34 PM #16 of 178
Originally Posted by JackyBoy
I would disagree with this. Given a situation in which my partner became pregnant but felt she didn't want to go through with pregnancy I would argue that I have a right to fight for that child's life. I understand I don't have the responsibility of carrying and delivering the child but I think I would be pretty upset if I knew I was a father but my partner made a decision to terminate the pregnancy and I ultimately could do nothing about it.
But that comes back to what Bradylama said up top:

Originally Posted by Bradylama
The phrase "Your rights end where my nose begins" has as much truth here as in any other topic.
You put the sperm in her body, one which she has rights over, including whether or not she keeps or removes the kid. Heck, there are debates about what stage you can even call it a child, let alone its rights. You're right about it being rather upsetting for a man if he actually wanted this kid and his partner didn't, but it's ultimately up to her.

Now, if this had been done via IVF which requires consent from both parties at every step of the way, then you'd have an option.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:57 PM #17 of 178
Originally Posted by Bradylama
Though, apparently wearing proper attire isn't a woman's responsibility during pregnancy. 8 months pregnant bitch thinks she can wear a button-up shirt to church? Who the fuck does she think she is? Put on a moo moo for God's sake, you know he's watching.
Amen brother. I'm shocked by how many showing broads wear stomach-showing shirts. YOUR NAVEL IS DETRIMENTAL TO SOCIETY AS A WHOLE

I think a lot of people in this thread are forgetting that there is a third party that is completely innocent of any bad things the father and the mother did. Why should the child be punished because the father didn't want the kid?

Similarially, can you with any conscience say that the woman should be forced to abort the child?

And ultimately, because it needs to be brought up, do you really aim to tell me that the system in place as it is now is less open to abuse than a system that allows fathers to metaphorically abort their children?

if you answer yes to that last one you are intellecutally bankrupt.

Minion
Retainer

Member 21

Level 28.54

Feb 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:09 PM #18 of 178
Fathers should definitely not be given the right to demand an abortion, but they should be allowed to request one. Failing that, they should have the right to choose not to support the child. Either way, neither party should have more authority over whether or not the other party is responsible for the baby.

How ya doing, buddy?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:11 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 11:11 PM #19 of 178
Yeah.... I would have to say that men really don't have much to say about whether I woman should have an abortion or not. Of course, I think a man should be hear, but I don't think he should have final say about everything.

Rationality should always play a role in decisions like this.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:12 PM #20 of 178
Originally Posted by a lurker
I think a lot of people in this thread are forgetting that there is a third party that is completely innocent of any bad things the father and the mother did. Why should the child be punished because the father didn't want the kid?
But wouldn't what people consider a child differ from one person to the next? Some think a bunch of cells is a child and mention the same thing you said above, while others don't think anything's being punished until well into the pregnancy.

And that question, couldn't you replace father with mother and end up with a nasty, but realistic, answer to that question? The answer, of course, being that she can "punish" the child because of her right over her own body.

Originally Posted by Minion
Fathers should definitely not be given the right to demand an abortion, but they should be allowed to request one. Failing that, they should have the right to choose not to support the child. Either way, neither party should have more authority over whether or not the other party is responsible for the baby.
Minion, wouldn't that open up the ability for some men to have sex without using protection, get a woman pregnant and if she decides to keep the baby, absolve themselves of any legal or financial responsibility for their kid?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Mar 9, 2006 at 11:15 PM.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:15 PM #21 of 178
Failing that, they should have the right to choose not to support the child.
Who will pick up the slack on the father's child support, then? The state? Good intentions? Nobody?

Minion
Retainer

Member 21

Level 28.54

Feb 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:17 PM #22 of 178
Why should the women have all the authority when it comes to child care? You can argue about the fetus being her body, but what gives her the right to absolutely determine whether or not the father has to support a child?

Sanny
Kiai

Member 463

Level 2.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:17 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 10:17 PM #23 of 178
I think that if either a man or a woman is by law required to support the child if it is born, then the man or woman should be able to request that the child be aborted if s/he will refuse to support the child

FELIPE NO
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:18 PM #24 of 178
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
But wouldn't what people consider a child differ from one person to the next? Some think a bunch of cells is a child and mention the same thing you said above, while others don't think anything's being punished until well into the pregnancy.

And that question, couldn't you replace father with mother and end up with a nasty, but realistic, answer to that question? The answer, of course, being that she can "punish" the child because of her right over her own body.
I'm talking and the article is talking about the right the fathers have to not support their living offspring, not the pregnancies they have caused.

Double Post:
Why should the women have all the authority when it comes to child care? You can argue about the fetus being her body, but what gives her the right to absolutely determine whether or not the father has to support a child?
You are absolutely right. it is not the mother's decision, in fact, whether the father supports the child or not. It is the law's decision that he supports the child financially, and that she does as well.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Sarag; Mar 9, 2006 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Automerged double post.
Minion
Retainer

Member 21

Level 28.54

Feb 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:21 PM #25 of 178
Okay, say a guy is sleeping with this chick and they have an agreement that they don't want kids, but the mother decides shes not going to take the pill and not tell him because she wants a baby even though he doesn't? What are this man's rights? Is forcing this guy to raise this child any different than forcing a raped woman to raise her child?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Male Reproductive Rights