Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Extraction from Xbox DVDs

kuttlas
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 824

Level 22.74

Mar 2006

Old Nov 8, 2007, 03:01 AM Local time: Nov 8, 2007, 01:01 AM #1 of 4
Extraction from Xbox DVDs

I've just gotten interested in ripping Xbox music and I have several Xbox isos sitting on my hard drive right now with streaming audio files I would like to get my claws on. However, I am unable to open them, since they are in XDFS format. I am looking for some method that will allow me to either

1) Extract files from the image or
2) Convert the image to regular old DVDFS.

The google does nothing. I'm sure one of you knows how to do this since we have quite a few Xbox rippers here.

Additionally, will I need any specialized tool for converting the streams or will Cube suffice?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Nov 8, 2007, 03:05 AM Local time: Nov 8, 2007, 09:05 AM #2 of 4
A regular PC DVD drive can't read Xbox ISOs as far as I know. It can burn them though. You need to burn these ISOs to disc, and then the xbox can read them. You also need a modded xbox, because the homebrew dashboards are (as far as I know) the only thing that will allow you to extract files from an Xbox disc.

Don't panic if you don't have a modded xbox, it's easy enough to softmod. I'll be more than willing to give you whatever advice you need if you want to softmod your console.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
kuttlas
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 824

Level 22.74

Mar 2006

Old Nov 12, 2007, 11:51 AM Local time: Nov 12, 2007, 09:51 AM #3 of 4
Actually, I don't have an Xbox at all and I was hoping there would be some way to do this with software.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Killy
Xmd5a

Member 324

Level 27.07

Mar 2006

Old Nov 12, 2007, 12:09 PM Local time: Nov 12, 2007, 06:09 PM #4 of 4
There is an excellent piece of software called XBoxIsoReader. I also have a few custom converters and extractors which you can run through the DOS prompt, catch me on MSN and I'll send you all the shizzle.

XBoxIsoReader worked really well for me when I was extracting some streams from a couple of Xbox games, biggest one being Oddworld Stranger's Wrath. I was working on a complete gamerip of it, but seeing as Michael Bross started churning out the soundtracks, I decided to cancel it. However, the extractors/converters are very format specific, so you might not be able to convert the audio files, but you might get lucky.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > Extraction from Xbox DVDs