Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Nightwish

Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 04:23 PM Local time: May 30, 2006, 09:23 PM #1 of 20
Nightwish

Well i'm bored and I thought with the new release of their DVD "End of an Era" coming up it'd be appropriate to start a thread. So Tarja Turunen got the boot and rumour has it that there are talk of there being 2 singers for the band - one operatic and one clean vocals.

The new DVD features the band playing their last show with Tarja in their home land Finland, at Helsinki's Hartwall Arena. On a special preview of the DVD there are 2 images of Tuomas with 2 lovely ladies, new singers anyone?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 08:51 AM Local time: May 31, 2006, 02:51 PM #2 of 20
Seems like they are advertising for a new singer on their website here, but i reckon that one of the two pictured above will probably get it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 02:53 PM Local time: May 31, 2006, 12:53 PM #3 of 20
The guy probably double teams them. Nightwish is alright, saw them in concert once not too bad. I wouldn't buy their records though, nor care to download them.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Star Man Aevum
DWN037

Member 1020

Level 8.68

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 09:52 PM Local time: May 31, 2006, 07:52 PM #4 of 20
I've been wondering who that second woman Tuomas is with myself.

Anyway, here's to that their latest live DVD sees a speedy US release. It's been almost two years since I saw them. That and I have my picture with Tuomas from the same night I saw them here in Denver (link later. My webspace is acting funny again).

By the by, Metal Thread kthx.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Cobra Commander
Gots to Dominate!

Member 7345

Level 13.25

May 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 10:32 PM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 05:32 PM #5 of 20
Nightwish overall is a pretty good group. I love the music riffs and the general feel of the music, but I opera style singing kinda bugs me from time to time.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Star Man Aevum
DWN037

Member 1020

Level 8.68

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 10:49 PM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 08:49 PM #6 of 20

Silly image won't display, but you can just click on the link to get there. The rest of my pictures from the show back in August 2004 and other random things are here.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Living Legend
Chocobo

Member 124

Level 13.72

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 01:48 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 10:48 PM #7 of 20
I have been a Nightwish fan for a few years now, I can't wait to see / hear what the new singer/singers will bring to the sound. So far, I am very interested in seeing what is going to happen with the band, as I am sure all fans are anticipating on seeing what will happen to them.

2 new singers sounds very interesting though, if there are two, I have a feeling that will make it maybe better to hear? I liked the male/female vocal style. Maybe this will be better?

FELIPE NO

Take this keycard, you can unlock the doors in the hall with this. Now GO!...JUST go!
A hero that lived long enough to see himself become the villain.
Star Man Aevum
DWN037

Member 1020

Level 8.68

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 07:05 PM Local time: Jun 2, 2006, 05:05 PM #8 of 20
One of those two girls is Tarja. I can tell because of the block head she has. The other one is what mistifies me. Would help me greatly if I had their new DVD so I could find out.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 06:20 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 11:20 AM #9 of 20
The girl with the curly hair is Sarah Rusanen, the opera singer of the 2 and the other girl looks to be Lady Angellyca from Forever Slave. I think they'll probably choose one of them in the end, and i'm sure Marco will still be doing Male vocals on the new stuff. I hope they choose the opera singer, I can't imagine just clean vocals singing the old stuff live =/.

How ya doing, buddy?
Xanadu
Supermassive

Member 6969

Level 6.55

May 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 10:45 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 03:45 PM #10 of 20
I hope they go for the non-operatic woman. I'd love to hear a different take on the Nightwish sound.

Tuomas slightly reminds me of Johnny Depp in POTC in that second picture.

[EDIT: Just checking out the NW nightmail, apparently Jukka's thinking along the same lines as me...

"Sufletel Rada (Romania): How would you like the new singer of Nightwish to be?

Jukka: It would be great to find a singer who has natural sounding voice but who still would be able to nail all the high notes. By natural sounding voice I mean that in her voice there wouldn't be a recognizeable mark of a classical training. This is quite a challenge but you can always hope."

http://nightwish.com/en/fans/nightma...h=04&year=2006 ]

my generation's lost its patience playing with the world within
accelerated saturation out of our minds on saccharin

Last edited by Xanadu; Jun 4, 2006 at 11:12 AM.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 11:55 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 04:55 PM #11 of 20
I wish they'd just let Marco do vocals. Tarot, anyone?

How ya doing, buddy?
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 01:16 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 06:16 PM #12 of 20
Originally Posted by Xanadu
I hope they go for the non-operatic woman. I'd love to hear a different take on the Nightwish sound.

Tuomas slightly reminds me of Johnny Depp in POTC in that second picture.

[EDIT: Just checking out the NW nightmail, apparently Jukka's thinking along the same lines as me...

"Sufletel Rada (Romania): How would you like the new singer of Nightwish to be?

Jukka: It would be great to find a singer who has natural sounding voice but who still would be able to nail all the high notes. By natural sounding voice I mean that in her voice there wouldn't be a recognizeable mark of a classical training. This is quite a challenge but you can always hope."

http://nightwish.com/en/fans/nightma...h=04&year=2006 ]
It would be great for them to pick someone with a natural sounding voice, if she was good enough. If these rumours are right that the singer from Forever Slave will be taking the slot then I worry that she wont be able to hit those high notes. But, if they find someone with vocals that go well with the music, and sound good against the older songs, then it'll be interesting to see how that goes. I'd hate to hear someone kill the old stuff with vocals that can't do it justice.

Xanadu
Supermassive

Member 6969

Level 6.55

May 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 02:59 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 07:59 PM #13 of 20
Originally Posted by Krelian
I wish they'd just let Marco do vocals. Tarot, anyone?
Marco's good in small doses, and he sounds amazing in Dead To The World, but he'd savagely, viciously rape most Nightwish songs into the ground. And he doesn't really go with the Nightwish style so much.

Originally Posted by Sian
It would be great for them to pick someone with a natural sounding voice, if she was good enough. If these rumours are right that the singer from Forever Slave will be taking the slot then I worry that she wont be able to hit those high notes. But, if they find someone with vocals that go well with the music, and sound good against the older songs, then it'll be interesting to see how that goes. I'd hate to hear someone kill the old stuff with vocals that can't do it justice.
Yeah... yeah, I hear that, that's always a huge hazard with changing vocalists. Hopefully though they'll find someone who's perfect for the job.

Don't know a thing about Forever Slave, btw. Any good?

I was speaking idiomatically.
my generation's lost its patience playing with the world within
accelerated saturation out of our minds on saccharin
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:55 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 09:55 PM #14 of 20

Yeah... yeah, I hear that, that's always a huge hazard with changing vocalists. Hopefully though they'll find someone who's perfect for the job.

Don't know a thing about Forever Slave, btw. Any good?
I've not heard much either, just a few clips from their websites. They don't strike me as amazing though, the music or her vocals.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 05:13 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 11:13 PM #15 of 20
I liked Phantom of the Opera. That was fucking superb!

FELIPE NO

>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Long Live Lost
LiveJournal: Latest Entry: My Political Leanings.
Latest JOURNAL Entry:
ITE: I review the latest album by The Guillemots (also, exam results)

Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 06:08 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 11:08 PM #16 of 20
Originally Posted by Majin yami
I liked Phantom of the Opera. That was fucking superb!
You should hear the live version =o. I remember seeing them play it live and Tarja just belted out this high note it was amazing.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 08:06 PM #17 of 20
Nightwish has had non-operatic vocals since Century Child...

Personally I wish they'd just keep Marko for all the vocals. Tarja was the most boring part of the last two albums...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Star Man Aevum
DWN037

Member 1020

Level 8.68

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 08:11 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 06:11 PM #18 of 20
Then they'd never be able to sell any albums.

As cool as it would be for Marco doing all the vocals, songs like Beauty and the Beast and Astral Romance would sound rather weird.

Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 05:18 PM #19 of 20
These songs aren't that good, no one will miss them from the live shows. If only they'd play more Oceanborn material, then I might actually care about seeing them live again...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
dreamflight
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 8170

Level 1.02

Jun 2006

Old Jun 8, 2006, 10:57 PM Local time: Jun 8, 2006, 09:57 PM #20 of 20
I only just found out about Nightwish yesterday, since I saw a video set to one of their songs ("Planet Hell"). Wish I'd found this group earlier; their music is awesome!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Nightwish