Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Setting up a desktop to use a laptops wireless connection?

Greykin
gyah!

Member 495

Level 18.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2007, 10:31 PM #1 of 4
Setting up a desktop to use a laptops wireless connection?

So I'm moved out and renting out the basement of someone's house, who's just off campus grounds.

He's hooked up a wireless connection and I'm able to use that. My desktop right now doesn't have a wireless network card, but my laptop does.

Am I able to link both computers by a ethernet cord and have the desktop computer run off my laptops wireless connection?

How ya doing, buddy?

oh my gawddd
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2007, 03:15 PM Local time: Sep 12, 2007, 02:15 PM 1 #2 of 4
It's possible, yes, with a crossover ethernet cable. Too bad that if you go to a Circuit City or Best Buy, you will pay about half as much just for that cable as you would for a USB wireless adapter or internal wireless card for your desktop.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
ctu
...and... loving it

Member 439

Level 19.07

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2007, 03:38 PM 1 #3 of 4
It's possible, yes, with a crossover ethernet cable. Too bad that if you go to a Circuit City or Best Buy, you will pay about half as much just for that cable as you would for a USB wireless adapter or internal wireless card for your desktop.
That it true, but if you can wait for it to be shipped from a online store you can find some great prices

http://monoprice.com

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

(\__/)(\__/)(\__/) (\__/)(\__/)(\__/)(\__/) (\__/)
(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)( ='.'=)
(")-(")(")-(")(")-(") (")-(")(")-(")(")-(")(")-(")(")-(")
Greykin
gyah!

Member 495

Level 18.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2007, 08:35 PM #4 of 4
haha, I can wait, thank you both for you insight :3

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

oh my gawddd

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Setting up a desktop to use a laptops wireless connection?