Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[SotW] Song of the Fortnight - FORTNIGHT 256 Voting/FORTNIGHT 257 Nominating

orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2012, 09:08 PM #1 of 25
Song of the Fortnight - FORTNIGHT 256 Voting/FORTNIGHT 257 Nominating

Song of the Fortnight. 125 Fortnights and counting.
Fortnight 256 Voting is firetruck.
Fortnight 257 Nominating is firetruck.

Results:
1). [15] Megalomachia - Catastrophe UVB-76
2). [13] Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! Original Soundtrack - baile con la mariposa
3). [12] Blocks That Matter - Tetrobot
4). [8] Extreme RoadTrip OST - Extreme Road Trip Ingame
5). [7] End of Eternity Original Soundtrack - Lower World
6). [6] Frogger's Adventures: The Rescue (Game Rip) - Forgotten Island Level 2
7). [3] Megami Tensei Online IMAGINE Original Soundtrack - Ueno Field
8). [2] Virtua Fighter Remix (Red Book Audio) - Character Select / Dural Theme

Tracks:
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Blocks That Matter - Tetrobot
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: End of Eternity Original Soundtrack - Lower World
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Extreme RoadTrip OST - Extreme Road Trip Ingame
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Frogger's Adventures: The Rescue (Game Rip) - Forgotten Island Level 2
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Megalomachia - Catastrophe UVB-76
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Megami Tensei Online IMAGINE Original Soundtrack - Ueno Field
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! Original Soundtrack - baile con la mariposa
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Virtua Fighter Remix (Red Book Audio) - Character Select / Dural Theme

Voting Rules:
Voters must distribute 6 points among the 8 nominees, giving points to at least 3 songs, giving no song more than 3 points, and giving no more than one of their choices 3 points. Possible ways of voting include:
Spoiler:
"Traditional"
Song1 - 3 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 1 pt.

"Even Stevens"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 2 pts.

"Tough Decision"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.

"Nomination Bias"
Song1 - 3 pts.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.

"Indecisive"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.
Song5 - 1 pt.

"Shotgun Spread"
Song1 - 1 pt.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.
Song5 - 1 pt.
Song6 - 1 pt.

"That's Only Five!"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.

Notes:
Nee is a silly goose and uploaded "Extreme Road Trip Ingame" in both MP3 and FLAC for some reason or another, so if you're one of those lossless creeps you can find that in the extras folder.

Please remember to upload your nominations to the SotF server! Uploaded noms mean a faster, smoother SotFexperience for everyone. Server information:
Spoiler:
* Host: ftp.sotw.info
* Username: nominations@sotw.info (that is the actual username; not an e-mail address)
* Password: gff
* Port: 21

Nominating:
The Nominations Queue can be found here.
The rules for nominating can be found here.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by orion_mk3; Jan 16, 2012 at 02:31 PM.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2012, 09:49 PM Local time: Jan 3, 2012, 07:49 PM #2 of 25
  • Album: Soldam
  • Artist: Yasuyuki Suzuki, Atsuyoshi Isemura, Yasuhiko Takashiba
  • Disc #: 1 (of 1)
  • Track #: 11
  • Track Title: Sekiero Mode 3 "The Fairies Wait for Spring"
  • Catalogue Number: PCCB-00108
  • Year: 1993
  • Additional Info: I guarantee this is all Suzuki.
  • Source: PCCB-00108 | Soldam - VGMdb

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2012, 07:17 AM Local time: Jan 4, 2012, 10:17 PM #3 of 25
CHz that album looks amazing, HOPES ARE HIGH. As for a nom from me hmmm how about this:

Nomination #76

Composer: Attila Héger
Game: Airport Tycoon 3
Track Title: Gameplay 2
Track Number: N/A
Year: 2003
Additional Information: The most random stumbling upon ever, this track. Just came across it an hour ago out of nowhere and immediately fell in love with it.

FTP ZZZZOOOM

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 5, 2012, 06:33 AM Local time: Jan 5, 2012, 04:33 AM #4 of 25
CHz that album looks amazing, HOPES ARE HIGH.
Getting your hopes up for one my noms sounds like a nice exercise in disappointment to me.

Most amazing jew boots
Undertale (PC, 2015)
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2012, 03:46 PM #5 of 25
Blocks That Matter - Tetrobot Blocks that matter indeed. This is another of the rather awesome faux-chippies that we regularly seem to unearth around here and further proof that Bandcamp is where it's at when it comes to new and exciting VGM.

End of Eternity Original Soundtrack - Lower World 110% of Kohei Tanaka's work on this game is awesome. It's even better here as you don't need to suffer through 4 discs of bottom-drawer Motoi "Battle Theme" Sakuraba for the hour of Tanaka goodness.

Extreme RoadTrip OST - Extreme Road Trip Ingame This appears to be a genuine chippy, and a pretty good one at that. It's not really extreme, or trippy, but it is road.

Frogger's Adventures: The Rescue (Game Rip) - Forgotten Island Level 2 This game sounds like one of the many unfortunate entries in the 90's-era quest to turn 8-bit platformer heroes into Sonic the Hedgehog 3D. Still, it's got a nice quirky jungle vibe.

Megalomachia - Catastrophe UVB-76 Decent space opera music sadly overwhelmed by massive and horrible SFX.

Megami Tensei Online IMAGINE Original Soundtrack - Ueno Field Let's go down the MegaTen checklist here. Ambient electronic soundscape? Check. Total lack of melody? Double check. Ludicrous rap vocals? Thankfully no check.

Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! Original Soundtrack - baile con la mariposa Apparently that last bit means "butterfly dance" for those of us who do not speak Taco. It sounds more like "Zorro dance" to me, personally, but it's not bad.

Virtua Fighter Remix (Red Book Audio) - Character Select / Dural Theme Sounds vaguely like something from one of the mid-80's Rocky movies--Virtua Rocky if you will.

Quality week. We really pulled together on this one, team.

The Point Spread
Lower World - 3 pts.
Blocks That Don't Really Matter All That Much Unless You're Really Into Blocks That Way - 1 pt.
Extreme PaintBrawl RoadTrip CamelCase - 1 pt.
Frof the Bounty Hunter - 1 pt.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by orion_mk3; Jan 9, 2012 at 09:19 AM.
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2012, 06:13 PM Local time: Jan 8, 2012, 04:13 PM #6 of 25
The Point Spread
Lower World - 2 pts.
Blocks That Don't Really Matter All That Much Unless You're Really Into Blocks That Way - 1 pt.
Extreme PaintBrawl RoadTrip CamelCase - 1 pt.
Frof the Bounty Hunter - 1 pt.
That's only 5!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Jan 9, 2012, 12:38 AM 3 #7 of 25
Check the first post again CHz, that's a perfectly acceptable way of voting!

Voting Rules:
Voters must distribute 6 points among the 8 nominees, giving points to at least 3 songs, giving no song more than 3 points, and giving no more than one of their choices 3 points. Possible ways of voting include:
Spoiler:
"Traditional"
Song1 - 3 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 1 pt.

"Even Stevens"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 2 pts.

"Tough Decision"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.

"Nomination Bias"
Song1 - 3 pts.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.

"Indecisive"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.
Song5 - 1 pt.

"Shotgun Spread"
Song1 - 1 pt.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.
Song5 - 1 pt.
Song6 - 1 pt.

"That's only five!"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.

FELIPE NO
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2012, 05:25 AM Local time: Jan 9, 2012, 08:25 PM 1 #8 of 25
orion, totally dropping the ball! I think he actually meant to give 3 points to "Catastrophe UVB-76" and none whatsoever to his nom. Let us count it as such.

A great album this one. I predict at least one track from it will reach the finals in the BSC next year. It's no VVVVVV or Tower of Heaven in terms of hype, but it rivals the soundtracks to those games on a number of occasions. Blocks That Matter - Tetrobot is a personal favourite (nice work nom!) with its warm colour and quirky dance qualities. I just wish it went for longer ;___;

End of Eternity Original Soundtrack - Lower World is boring orchestral fluff to me, sorry tacomk3. The sound is rich, immersive and cinematic, though immerses me more into a vacuum of nothingness more than anything attractive and imaginative. Minor points for 2:17 though; that part at least caught my ear.

I remember checking out Extreme RoadTrip OST - Extreme Road Trip Ingame with great enthusiasm, with the soundtrack VVVVVV still fresh in my mind. I was underwhelmed, though possibly only because my expectations were sky high. It's a fun, driving (!) romp with an accessible melodic edge, I guess, but doesn't stick with me a whole lot.

noooooo Jungle BGMs, my biggest weakness. It's true, I love Jungle BGMs. Frogger's Adventures: The Rescue (Game Rip) - Forgotten Island Level 2 is solid Jungle BGM'ing which I enjoy, so it will probably get a point. JUNGLE BGM

Oh holy crap, did Megalomachia - Catastrophe UVB-76 really just happen? It's like some alien of awesome came and abducted me and took me to an amazing otherworldly planet for 6 minutes, a planet full of insane traffic, suicidal orchestras, mad scientist conductors and disgruntled dinosaurs with stomach aches. I've got some slight love for this one, and I think I am a great and superior human being for enjoying it.

Megami Tensei Online IMAGINE Original Soundtrack - Ueno Field is an entirely fleeting affair, but I do like it. Although I think it doesn't pack big enough of a punch in order to warrant points. This track is particularly terrible when playing these 8 songs in order.

OK so everybody should know now that as well as Jungle BGMs, I've got a massive soft spot/hard on for SPANISH GUITAR. Flamenco stuff. Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! Original Soundtrack - baile con la mariposa features the stuff in spades, with great passion in the playing and a gorgeous development, incorporating lovely textures in the second half of the loop. "Zero" in the BBSCSC was what made me rediscover this track and nominate it; that's not bad inspiration! Hidenori Shoji should be pleased, yes.

ehhhh, Virtua Fighter Remix (Red Book Audio) - Character Select / Dural Theme has been done before, about 125423 times. This track does little to distinguish itself from your garden variety fighter game synth rock track. I do still extract some enjoyment from the subgenre, though it takes something really impressive for me to really stop and appreciate it.

The Rare and Brilliant Point Spread of "Insanity Bias"

2 points: Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! Original Soundtrack - baile con la mariposa
2 points: Megalomachia - Catastrophe UVB-76
1 point: Blocks That Matter - Tetrobot
1 point: Frogger's Adventures: The Rescue (Game Rip) - Forgotten Island Level 2
5th: Extreme RoadTrip OST - Extreme Road Trip Ingame
6th: Megami Tensei Online IMAGINE Original Soundtrack - Ueno Field
7th: Virtua Fighter Remix (Red Book Audio) - Character Select / Dural Theme
8th: End of Eternity Original Soundtrack - Lower World

So I found "Catastrophe UVB-76", the love of my life. I am wholly satisfied with this week.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2012, 09:18 AM #9 of 25
Oh you people. I've edited my post, but you'll never know what was my original intention

How ya doing, buddy?
Chuckster
Put the nostalgia straight into my veins

Member 321

Level 37.00

Mar 2006

Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:20 PM #10 of 25
(3 points) Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! Original Soundtrack - baile con la mariposa: I'm a sucker for music couched in traditional ethnic trappings. And I fall hard for flamenco guitar flair every ... single ... time.

(1 point) Megami Tensei Online IMAGINE Original Soundtrack - Ueno Field: Likewise, it's pretty easy for me to dive into ambient electronic tracks with a hard-edge beat. Done.

(1 point) Extreme RoadTrip OST - Extreme Road Trip Ingame: My new moniker for when faux chiptunes pass the taste test: "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!"

(1 point) Frogger's Adventures: The Rescue (Game Rip) - Forgotten Island Level 2: Nice find. Upbeat platforming music without being too sacchariney (yes, I made up the word, accept it) is always welcome.

Most amazing jew boots
Duck King
erryday im QUACKIN'

Member 10923

Level 29.90

Aug 2006

Old Jan 12, 2012, 04:03 AM Local time: Jan 12, 2012, 11:03 AM #11 of 25
3 points: Megalomachia - Catastrophe UVB-76
1 point: End of Eternity Original Soundtrack - Lower World
1 point: Extreme RoadTrip OST - Extreme Road Trip Ingame
1 point: Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! Original Soundtrack - baile con la mariposa
Just missed: Tetrobot, Forgotten Island Level 2, everything else really

Excellent week! What is this Catastrophe UVB-76? Makes me feel like I'm in a war zone. Just as I was typing this, it began pouring pretty heavily outside. Amazing. Lower World was pretty good as well. My fascination with this Kouhei Tanaka guy began with Alundra's soundtrack. He does good stuff. I could have awarded one more point to baile con la mariposa, because I enjoy this kind of Spanish flamenco/guitars/castanets thing. But then my point spread wouldn't work. Extreme Road Trip was fun, but not good enough to justify taking me off the queue. Take that! Haha yeah, Dural Theme. Sup VGMQ!

isdapi
Forged in the Pain

Member 1534

Level 20.11

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:30 PM Local time: Jan 12, 2012, 08:30 PM #12 of 25
<<3 Points>> Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! Original Soundtrack - baile con la mariposa
<<2 Points>> Megalomachia - Catastrophe UVB-76
<<1 Point>> End of Eternity Original Soundtrack - Lower World

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:12 AM Local time: Jan 13, 2012, 03:12 PM #13 of 25
A-HA I knew I'd heard that nosie in "Catastrophe UVB-76" before. The UVB-76 radio station, der (pioneer of the noise genre ha).

YouTube Video

Amaze <3 so damn creepy, this song is magnificent. Not surprised to see it's the Drakengard composer behind this.

Darkcomet72 you commie hurry up and post in this thread so I may prop you.

Jolteon

Member 35682

Level 17.53

Apr 2010

Old Jan 13, 2012, 03:33 AM #14 of 25
AMAZING WEEK WOW WE WON

2 Points - Megalomachia - Catastrophe UVB-76
2 Points - Frogger's Adventures: The Rescue (Game Rip) - Forgotten Island Level 2
1 Point - Blocks That Matter - Tetrobot
1 Point - Extreme RoadTrip OST - Extreme Road Trip Ingame

The cat that ate UVB-76 is seriously some of my favorite "Drakengard" stuff since Drakengard, wait WHAT EWLW LE WELL YES I AM GLAD TO SEE TAKAYUKI AIHARA DOING that "Type of music" again. I've also always found the UVB-76 buzzer very scary due to an experience a friend had while watching a video of it, so I associate it as one of the "scariest" SOunds. I like things that are scary in very unconventional ways which "TAKAYUKI AIHARA DOING that "Type of music" again." did. Oh also I was seriously thinking of having this be the thing I nominated next after I did Forgotten Island Level 2 but SOMEONE took care of that for me yay .

Forgotten Island Level 2 is from one of the most "underrated" games of all time in MY OPINION that also happens to have a lot of really awesome music from it in MY OPINION. This is a very pan flutes with destiny melodies are too good. The accent pattern of .|..|..|..|..|.. is also insanely awesomely "catchy" the way it's used here with the $$$$$$$$.

Tetrobot is super relaxing chord vocings and SOunds SO PRETTY. I love the chord changes melody weird things being interesting while still very relaxing, and kind of "cute" ALL AT THE SAME TIME and . . . . .kind of "C|H|I|L|L" too in my opinion which is redundant since I basically just said the same thing like 3 times here now.

Extreme Road Trip Ingame sounds like VVVVVV, hmm, I wonder why. I like VVV VVV music so I like this.

I also thought that
"Megami Tensei Online IMAGINE Original Soundtrack - Ueno Field
Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! Original Soundtrack - baile con la mariposa
Virtua Fighter Remix (Red Book Audio) - Character Select / Dural Theme
End of Eternity Original Soundtrack - Lower World"
all existed, and I enjoyed them all, but not as much as the ones that I gave points!

Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2012, 05:33 AM Local time: Jan 13, 2012, 06:33 PM #15 of 25
Votes!

(2 points) Blocks That Matter - Tetrobot
Great track. I really liked Yann van der Cruyssen's work on Knytt Stories and this is no exception. Got to love the whimsical melody and all the whirrs.

(2 points) Megami Tensei Online IMAGINE Original Soundtrack - Ueno Field
I'm quite the sucker for ambient electronica so this is right up my alley. Add some cool rock elements and I'm sold.

(2 points) yu ga Gotoku Kenzan! Original Soundtrack - baile con la mariposa
This track reeks of Infectious Energy. Like.

Special mentions: Extreme RoadTrip

EDIT

New nomination:

* Album Title: Last Hope Complete Soundtrack
* Artist: Rafael Dyll
* Composer: Rafael Dyll
* Track Title: Oldschool Vs. Dance
* Source: http://vgmdb.net/album/17822
* File Location: Nomination folder
* Disc Number: 1 (of 1)
* Track Number: 2
* Catalogue Number: N/A
* Year: 2009

FELIPE NO
I think therefore I am... I think.

Last edited by Elorin; Jan 14, 2012 at 12:17 AM.
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2012, 08:00 PM Local time: Jan 14, 2012, 06:00 PM #16 of 25
3 points: Blocks That Matter - Tetrobot
2 points: Megalomachia - Catastrophe UVB-76
1 point: Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! Original Soundtrack - baile con la mariposa
most weeks these would've been pointed: Lower World, Extreme Road Trip Ingame, Forgotten Island Level 2

Morusque/Nurykabe, Kouhei Tanaka, and Hidenori Shoji in the same week! :thumbzup:

Tetrobot is one of the "lighter" tracks from a soundtrack where most of the pieces are more textural, but I love love love every single part of it. One of Morusque's best melodies + explosive ornamentation, warm and fuzzy EP chords, bumpin' bassline for the B melody, everything.

Aihara you so crazy

The first 6 seconds of the Virtua Fighter track were the best, and not even because FINALLY NOW I KNOW WHERE THIS IS FROM

Undertale (PC, 2015)
Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:45 AM 1 #17 of 25
2 points: Catastrophe UVB-76
2 points: Tetrobot
2 points: Lower World
I'm so sorry: baile con la mariposa

Lower world: oh my god these melodies are so intense, I love it. I've got my hand held up, fingers half clenched, shaking like a supervillian's every time I listen to this track. Really, really wanted to make this a 2-2-2 point spread cause Lower World deserves everything, but oh screw it, I'm doing it anyway this track is so good

Nurykabe you stud.

Good week, though a bit inconsistent.

Additional Spam:
A-HA I knew I'd heard that nosie in "Catastrophe UVB-76" before. The UVB-76 radio station, der (pioneer of the noise genre ha).
Oh sup Muzza. I was wondering if others here were familiar with the UVB-76 station. I'm not a conspiracy nut but there's just something so fascinating about it (though for me it's most likely just the way it sounds). I was familiar with the station before I even knew of Megalomachia; matter of fact, it was when I saw the title of this track browsing VGMdb that I went on an immediate search for the soundtrack. Unfortunately the rest of the soundtrack is not half as creative.

Last edited by Darkcomet72; Jan 15, 2012 at 12:53 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
ikkei
Good Chocobo

Member 371

Level 18.90

Mar 2006

Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:14 PM Local time: Jan 15, 2012, 06:14 PM #18 of 25
Hey, thanks for extending the info for the VF track. I couldn't find anything more than that.

Now the votes:

2 points ~ Extreme RoadTrip OST - Extreme Road Trip Ingame
1 point ~ Megalomachia - Catastrophe UVB-76
1 point ~ Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! Original Soundtrack - baile con la mariposa
2 points ~ Virtua Fighter Remix (Red Book Audio) - Character Select / Dural Theme

There's nowhere I can't reach.
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Jan 16, 2012, 04:43 AM #19 of 25
2 points - Blocks That Matter - Tetrobot
2 points - Extreme RoadTrip OST - Extreme Road Trip Ingame
1 point - Megalomachia - Catastrophe UVB-76
1 point - Frogger's Adventures: The Rescue (Game Rip) - Forgotten Island Level 2

The first 6 seconds of the Virtua Fighter track were the best, and not even because FINALLY NOW I KNOW WHERE THIS IS FROM
Nomination:
Album: Backdrops
Composer: kors k and Naoyuki Sato
Title: Chain of Pain
Track #: 3
Album info/source: LC-1790 | Nekomata Master+ "Backdrops" - VGMdb

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 16, 2012, 07:29 AM Local time: Jan 16, 2012, 05:29 AM #20 of 25
Alright, guess I'll call this one so we can get the next battle under way:

1). [15] Megalomachia - Catastrophe UVB-76
2). [13] Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! Original Soundtrack - baile con la mariposa
3). [12] Blocks That Matter - Tetrobot
4). [8] Extreme RoadTrip OST - Extreme Road Trip Ingame
5). [7] End of Eternity Original Soundtrack - Lower World
6). [6] Frogger's Adventures: The Rescue (Game Rip) - Forgotten Island Level 2
7). [3] Megami Tensei Online IMAGINE Original Soundtrack - Ueno Field
8). [2] Virtua Fighter Remix (Red Book Audio) - Character Select / Dural Theme

Bet you didn't see that one coming DC72 huh did you don't lie (it really is better than all the other tracks on Megalomachia 1 put together though)

Anyway I neglected to drop this into my vote post, but I enjoyed every track this week, so nom crew.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:16 AM Local time: Jan 16, 2012, 11:16 PM #21 of 25
Don't kill me CHz/orion but I've a last minute nom change:

* Album Title: Last Hope Complete Soundtrack
* Artist: Diego M. Fischer & Kaspar Zenklusen
* Composer: Rafael Dyll
* Track Title: Take This!
* Source: Last Hope Complete Soundtrack - VGMdb
* File Location: Nomination folder
* Disc Number: 1 (of 1)
* Track Number: 3
* Catalogue Number: N/A
* Year: 2009

I think therefore I am... I think.
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:26 AM #22 of 25
Don't kill me CHz/orion but I've a last minute nom change:
Next one is a battle, so no one gets killed. Wounded, maybe.

Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Jan 16, 2012, 01:14 PM 1 #23 of 25
CHz, I had this tiny inkling that Catastrophe UVB-76 would do well and maybe even place, but I didn't put much stock into it due to the fact that DC72 nominated it. So yeah was not expecting this :O

My 3rd win in the 6 and a half years I've been participating in this thing! See you guys in 2014!

(love you all)

FELIPE NO
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 16, 2012, 01:43 PM 1 #24 of 25
I hated the music, but I will say this, DC: it introduced me to the conspiracy-ridden world of numbers stations.

And, in the end, isn't that what really matters?

Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2012, 04:19 AM Local time: Jan 17, 2012, 07:19 PM #25 of 25
Seriously, I would normally be annoyed at missing out on a hat-trick by 2 votes, but "Catastrophe UVB-76" was just the best track this week. I'm willing to say it's in my top 5 SotF discoveries of all time.

DC72, your win record I am glad you got this one at least!

Tags
bzzzzzzzzzz, orion nombias reigns, soldam does rule though

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [SotW] Song of the Fortnight - FORTNIGHT 256 Voting/FORTNIGHT 257 Nominating