Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[] Pokemon Draft Tournament 2.0

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Jun 30, 2008, 12:22 AM #1 of 115
Pokemon Draft Tournament 2.0

Because the original coordinator was banned, I've decided to take the helm myself and run this thing. It's my idea, so it kinda makes sense, you know?

This is a Draft Tournament. It is unlike other Pokemon tournaments because each participant will have a completely unique team.

This is as simple as posting in this thread and declaring your intent to participate. I will add your name to the list of participants. All you need to do is wait patiently until the next step begins.

The deadline for signups will be Saturday July 5th, 11:59 PM, EDT. This gives people one week to decide.

The Draft!

Once sign-ups have finished, everyone will be randomly assigned a number in sequence, using Chocodecide. Using this assigned order, the draft process will begin.

The person with the lowest number will draft first. He or she will select three different Pokemon to use in competition. These Pokemon will be consider "drafted" and will no longer be available for selection by subsequent players. By this method, each player will have a unique team! Once a Pokemon is selected, it will be noted in this thread. If you do not see a certain Pokemon listed, you can choose it!

The draft will progress numerically, with each person selecting three available Pokemon in order.

When the last person - the person with the highest number - chooses, that person will select all six of his or her Pokemon at once. This is the compensation for going last: the opportunity to build a cohesive team at one time.

The draft will then proceed backward numerically, choosing three at a time, until each participant has chosen a total of six Pokemon apiece.

For the same of timeliness, I will send you a Private Message when it's your turn to draft. You will have 48 hours to make your choice. Please be as swift as possible, for you are holding up the tourney if you procrastinate. 48 hours is more than ample time to respond. Please consult this thread to know which Pokemon have been taken. If I ask you to select again, you will not be granted an extension.

If you fail to respond or have failed to make legal choices by the deadline, you will be skipped. You will be granted a make-up opportunity later on, but only after all other players have finished drafting in one direction. If you miss the make-up deadline also, you will be ejected from the tourney.
(Note, that if a player is ejected, any Pokemon that he or she has drafted up to that point will not be returned to eligibility. This is the only way to avoid a lengthy debate over who should've had access to the same Pokemon, and when.)

The following Pokemon will be forbidden for drafting due to their power:
Quote:
Moltres, Articuno, Zapdos, Mewtwo, Mew, Wobbuffet, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Regirock, Registeel, Regice, Latios, Latias, Kyogre, Groudon, Deoxys, Rayquaza, Jiraichi, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Heatran, Cresselia, Dialga, Palkia, Regigigas, Giratina, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus
Tips:
  • Having a low number is obviously good. But you may find a considerable lack of balance between your first and last choices, so consider this.
  • Work with what you have. Some Pokemon are strong but if you haven't raised a certain one, it may be a lot of extra work.
  • Pay attention to what people are selecting before you. If you notice that Water types are popular choices, then an Electric or Grass type may be advantageous.
  • Don't select a Pokemon just to make sure nobody else chooses it. That's not always an effective strategy.

DRAFTED POKEMON:

Tyranitar
Shuckle
Rampardos
Salamence
Charizard
Skarmory
Dragonite
Miltank
Mamoswine
Gardevoir
Weavile
Lucario
Metagross
Aerodactyl
Garchomp
Vaporeon
Hypno
Bastiodon
Blissey
Starmie
Infernape
Heracross
Magnezone
Alakazam
Drapion
Milotic
Electivire
Gyarados
Weezing
Gliscor
Leafeon
Gengar
Floatzel
Flygon
Umbreon
Crobat
Primeape
Feraligatr
Rotom
Jolteon
Spiritomb
Togekiss
Staraptor
Xatu
Jumpluff
Rhyperior
Bronzong
Forretress

Preparation!

Once all players have chosen their team, the preparation period begins. You will have one week to assemble the necessary Pokemon and raise them if necessary. This period will end on July 12th, at 11:59 PM EDT.
  • It is not necessary to raise them all to Level 100. We will be fighting in the Level 100 battle rooms, anyhow, so the game will make all the proportional adjustments.
  • It is not necessary to EV train either, as this may take more time than is allotted. If you can, then do so but don't make it a priority.
  • It is a wise decision to draft Pokemon you've already raised or know you can easily acquire and train with the desired moveset.

During this week, players may also negotiate trades if they desire. By this, I mean that if player A has drafted Raticate, and Player B has drafted Furret, they may exchange "ownership." Player A would then use Furret during the tournament, and Player B, Raticate.

If you intend to swap, both parties must send me a Private Message indicating the change. This change will be noted in this thread in the respective players' rosters. Changes must be made on a one-for-one basis; no others will be approved.

Battle!

This is the good part.

Each player will battle each other player once. This battle will consist of a "Best of Three" match.
  • The first match will be 6 vs.6. Bring out your entire bench.
  • The second and third matches (if necessary) will be 3 vs. 3. Choose wisely!

Between matches, players may adjust held items. Nothing else may be changed on a Pokemon.

Sleep Clause will be in effect. If you don't know, the Sleep Clause states that you may not place two members of an opponent's party to sleep at the same time, resulting either from a move or an activated Pokemon ability such as "Effect Spore". If you’ve already slept one of their Pokemon, you can not use a sleep move again until that particular Pokemon is awake. If an opponent uses something like Rest to put himself to sleep, then it’s fair game. Otherwise, any player using either of these moves will be disqualifed on the spot.

Each player must keep a tally of how many of each player's Pokemon were KO'd, in total, throughout all the battles fought. This information will be used to settle tiebreakers, if necessary.

It is up to you to contact each other player for battle. Do not sign up if you are unwilling to make this effort. If players report that you are unresponsive, or do not appear for scheduled battles, then you will be removed from the competition.

Once all players have successfully fought each other, the player with the highest win-loss record will be declared the winner. If there is a tie, the player who lost the lowest number of Pokemon throughout all his or her matches will be the winner. If this still results in a tie, there will be a sudden death match: One battle, 3 vs.3. The victor will be declared the winner of the tourney
If this still somehow results in a draw, screw you guys, I'm going home.

There will be no convoluted system of modifiers based upon cumulative stats, type advantages, or whatever, to determine scoring. The field of selection is wide open and each player has the same initial opportunity to assemble a strong team. This tourney is for amusement purposes only, so delving into such complexity is just silly.

That's the basics. If you have questions, which you might, please post them. I'll do my best to clear things up. Please sign up early if possible; the appearance of involvement may entice others to join also.

Good luck!

List of Participants:

Crash Landon
Kairyu
Identity Crisis
Tritoch
Chaotic
Black Mage
NinjaGuyDan
radcliff13

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2008, 12:44 AM Local time: Jun 29, 2008, 07:44 PM #2 of 115
This saves me a lot of work, thank you Crash =D
If you do need help in anything for this tournament just let me know.

In any case, sign me up!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Jun 30, 2008, 12:49 AM Local time: Jun 29, 2008, 10:49 PM #3 of 115
Once again, I'll be up for this.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2008, 01:10 AM #4 of 115
Why not, I'll join in this time.

I wanted to participate in the last tourney, but when it started I still didn't have a single gym badge. I've got six now, and I'm sure I can get together a pretty decent draft before this begins. Already have a couple of ideas.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Jun 30, 2008, 01:12 AM #5 of 115
This saves me a lot of work, thank you Crash =D
If you do need help in anything for this tournament just let me know.

In any case, sign me up!
Actually, I'm not so handy with the charts. I can draw them on paper but making them nice and shiny for viewing online, not my forte.

If you'd be willing to assist there, I'd appreciate the help.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2008, 01:28 AM #6 of 115
Yep, sign me up. :D

This seems a lot simpler [this is a good thing] than the other tournament. Thanks!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2008, 01:35 AM #7 of 115
Yep, yep, yep.

FELIPE NO
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2008, 05:02 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2008, 12:02 PM #8 of 115
I have a question about one of the rules. About the whole draft swapping half, I'm a bit confused by it. Are we allowed to only trade one pokemon and that's it? Or as many as we want but only with one player?

Actually, I'm not so handy with the charts. I can draw them on paper but making them nice and shiny for viewing online, not my forte.

If you'd be willing to assist there, I'd appreciate the help.
Sure, of course! I assume you want a chart similar to the one I did for the first tournament hosted here. But this time I think I'll try including colorful bar or pie graphs. Because everyone likes pie graphs =D

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Kairyu; Jun 30, 2008 at 05:08 PM.
troy1516
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 31102

Level 1.21

Jun 2008

Old Jun 30, 2008, 07:32 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2008, 07:32 PM #9 of 115
I would like to join

Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2008, 08:18 PM #10 of 115
Actually, you know what? I'm going to sit this one out. Sorry guys!

How ya doing, buddy?
NinjaguyDan
Collect and Contribute

Member 28985

Level 16.82

Mar 2008

Old Jun 30, 2008, 08:41 PM #11 of 115
I signup I

Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Jun 30, 2008, 08:49 PM #12 of 115
I have a question about one of the rules. About the whole draft swapping half, I'm a bit confused by it. Are we allowed to only trade one pokemon and that's it? Or as many as we want but only with one player?
As far as I care, you can make as many trades as you like as long as both sides notify me of the agreement. And yes, you can swap with more than one person if you wish.

Originally Posted by Sousuke
Actually, you know what? I'm going to sit this one out. Sorry guys!
Sorry to hear that. I've removed your name from the list. Hope to see you in other events, though.

Originally Posted by Troy1516
I would like to join
I'm going to say no to this because frankly, I'm suspicious. The person who first took charge of this tournament was banned from Gamingforce. You registered today and your first post was in this thread. You are also using a proxied IP. The chance that you're an impostor is simply too great. Sorry.

How ya doing, buddy?
troy1516
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 31102

Level 1.21

Jun 2008

Old Jun 30, 2008, 09:09 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2008, 09:09 PM #13 of 115
As far as I care, you can make as many trades as you like as long as both sides notify me of the agreement. And yes, you can swap with more than one person if you wish.

Sorry to hear that. I've removed your name from the list. Hope to see you in other events, though.

I'm going to say no to this because frankly, I'm suspicious. The person who first took charge of this tournament was banned from Gamingforce. You registered today and your first post was in this thread. You are also using a proxied IP. The chance that you're an impostor is simply too great. Sorry.
I forgot my first account because I wasnt using it for awhile,I think my ip is like that because Im using a router and Im positively not the guy that was banned

Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Jun 30, 2008, 09:14 PM #14 of 115
What was the name of your first account?

I'll send a password reminder to the e-mail address associated with that account.

Black Mage
Nothing beats a Sunny Day!

Member 264

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2008, 09:24 PM #15 of 115
Seems to be relatively unchanged, minus the lack of extra baggage and complexity. Good move, I say.

Anyways, I'm still in. Should be great fun.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Black Mage; Jun 30, 2008 at 09:28 PM.
troy1516

Member 31102

Level 1.21

Jun 2008

Old Jun 30, 2008, 09:34 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2008, 09:34 PM #16 of 115
What was the name of your first account?

I'll send a password reminder to the e-mail address associated with that account.
I dont remimber my first account if I did I would be able to log in because I use the same password all the time

Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Jun 30, 2008, 09:45 PM #17 of 115
Then there's not a lot I can do. The burden of proof is on your shoulders.

troy1516

Member 31102

Level 1.21

Jun 2008

Old Jun 30, 2008, 09:54 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2008, 09:54 PM #18 of 115
This kinda sucks that Im cant join from some guy getting banned but I'll get over it

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:46 PM #19 of 115
Crash: I may still sign up, depending on how I feel by the deadline. The last few days though I've been really sick, and just don't feel up to it. I know the actual battling is a ways off though, so we'll see. For now though, I'm out. :/

radcliff13

Member 30260

Level 3.20

May 2008

Old Jul 1, 2008, 08:15 PM #20 of 115
Sign me up!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Jul 5, 2008, 02:49 PM #21 of 115
Sign-ups for this end tonight at 11:59, EDT. Currently, we have eight people signed up. While this is enough to run the draft, I think it'd be far more interesting with some additional participants.

Only a handful of hours remain. Once midnight rolls around, I'll begin drawing random numbers for draft placements.

Josiah
Normal Gym Leader

Member 412

Level 22.01

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2008, 03:05 PM #22 of 115
Sorry to disappoint, but I think I'm gonna sit out on this one. Maybe next time though!

FFTA2 happened, among other things.

Gives the rest of you a chance at trying the birdie of doom, at least.

Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Jul 5, 2008, 11:24 PM #23 of 115
Okay, the deadline has passed. We have eight participants, fewer than hoped but enough to get something going. There will be a total of 48 Pokemon drafted, so the odds of constructing a solid team are quite good. The battles should be tight.

Using Chocodecide, I've determined the order in which players will be selecting Pokemon.

Draft Pick #1:
NinjaguyDan

Draft Pick #2:
Identity Crisis

Draft Pick #3:
Kairyu

Draft Pick #4:
radcliff13

Draft Pick #5:
Chaotic

Draft Pick #6:
Tritoch

Draft Pick #7:
Black Mage

Draft Pick #8:
Crash Landon

The order has been determined, and the drafting shall now begin. NinjaguyDan has 48 hours to make his selections. People in the next couple slots should also begin considering their picks, as there's a good chance your preferences will be immediately available. Please try not to hold things up if you know what you want.

Good luck!

FELIPE NO
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2008, 12:04 AM Local time: Jul 5, 2008, 10:04 PM #24 of 115
Good luck, everyone! I'm poke'd out, so I decided not to commit to something I may not be able to finish. But I will be watching intently!

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2008, 12:53 AM #25 of 115
Great, just what we need. Icy getting a good spot in the draft.

5th ain't bad, and god hope I get something good in this.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [] Pokemon Draft Tournament 2.0