Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Movies/Shows you have seen recently?

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2011, 09:36 PM Local time: Dec 10, 2011, 03:36 AM #101 of 352
dsYou shouldn't have read the plot before you saw Martyrs. It is a hell of a film though.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2011, 09:37 PM #102 of 352
MEH, I still liked it a lot Shin! In fact, reading the plot make me not view it as a horror movie but some kind of disturbing topic being explored or SOME shit. Not some gore wannabe. So I'm happy with knowing that at least that I didn't go in with some cheap genre expectations of it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Philia; Dec 9, 2011 at 09:42 PM.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2011, 09:43 PM Local time: Dec 10, 2011, 03:43 AM #103 of 352
dsYou shouldn't have read the plot before you saw Martyrs. It is a hell of a film though.
I thought I deleted everything my cat typed as she strolled across the keyboard.

Glad you liked it though, it's nice to see ostensibly gory films that are actually slightly thought provoking too. You should watch I Saw The Devil if you liked Martyrs.

FELIPE NO
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2011, 09:49 PM #104 of 352
No worries, its on my instant queue! I think I'm still on '08 backlog. Actually not a whole lot left, so I'll be onto '09 dvds soon.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:55 AM #105 of 352
I finally got around to watch two my movies this morning!

In Bruges: Hilarious great british duo finding their way in Bruges. The ending did take me by surprise on a sobering note though. Strong cast all around. <3

Frost/Nixon: I've seen Michael Sheen in The Queen and loved him in that so I did not lose expectations from his stuff in this one. Although most of this movie is really about Frank Langella and his portrayal as Nixon. I thought the narrating/mockumentary was pretty good in setting the pieces for the movie. Powerplay in interviews is something to behold.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2011, 07:22 AM Local time: Dec 19, 2011, 01:22 PM #106 of 352
Watched Green Lantern last night which I can safely say is the worst superhero film released for years (With only Captain America still to watch of the recent slew to prove me wrong). It starts slowly, the plot jumps around a lot, it's not really clear who's who and why they do what they do and the whole story is pretty retarded. It's odd that DC can have created one supremely awesome superhero (Batman) and so many shitty ones and I guess this film is crap due to the inability to polish turds. Swerve at all costs.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2011, 08:19 AM #107 of 352
The real fault of the Green Lantern movie is that it wasn't just fucking set in space. All the space shit with the training? Awesome. Everything else about the movie? Sucks. Sucks hard.

Also Captain America is nowhere near as bad. It takes a lot to be GL bad.

How ya doing, buddy?

#654: Braixen
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2011, 01:37 AM #108 of 352
So I watched some terrible movies today. Thankfully I was so dead tired it just came and went.

Splice: Its one of those movies you thought it has an interesting but definitely tired premise but yet these fuckers take it to the next level of taboo and fucking Xzibit it beyond. Terrible. Adrian Brody can DO so much better than this shit.

The Box: My god. What the fuck happened. AVOID. The plot really took a massive shit after the introduction of the premise but still that introduction about minor details (like her foot) was very awkward and awful in presentation.

Case 39: That little girl is terrible at acting. She's adorable and all but lol. And of course, Renee Zwellger in this doesn't help at all. I mean she was alright but that face mannnn, it doesn't really lend itself at all in horror. She's a horror herself to look at.

Buried: LMAO dat ending. Ryan Reynolds was alright in this, although its pretty minimalist and interesting.

The Changeling: Liked Jolie in this, the premise, the plot, the cast of bad guys and all that is pretty good. Liked it a bit, the sets were well done too.

Pineapple Express: LMAO Stoner movie. Still like to watch the genre anyway. Franco didn't really give it to me as much as Seth Rogen. I dunno why, I still like that doofus since Knocked Up.

Slumdog Millionaire: Went in expecting a more than decent movie, came out satisfied. I can see why it got their wins in oscars? or whatever they were? Good stuff around in this movie.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Dec 27, 2011, 11:05 PM #109 of 352
What to do when you have a nasty migraine that isn't going anywhere? Watch bad movies.

Lost Boys: The Thirst - LOL. Corey Haim being Corey Haim. Its not that bad.

Apartment 1303 - Asian horror.

Smokin' Aces 2: Assassins' Ball - LMAO, shitty sequel doesn't surprise me.

Season of the Witch - Nic Cage~! Still I <3 Ron Perlman though. This movie isn't that bad, I liked the CGI effects at least.

The Ward - Meh. Shutter Island does it so much better.

Dial M for Murder - Its alright classic.

You Again - Still <3 Kristen Bell. Curtis can do better though. Weaver is great in this albeit small part but still.

The Graduate - LMAO now I finally get the following: Mrs Robertson quotes and Wayne's World's wedding crash bit. xD Hilarious stuff here. Early day Dustin Hoffman was totally giving me that Risky Business Tom Cruise vibe too.

Wonderful World - Broderick, I can't hate him, I still like some of his stuff. This one is pretty good for a mild melancholia movie.

The Red Balloon - Utterly fantastic. I've seen this before but not in its entirety. Still <3.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2012, 07:30 AM Local time: Jan 21, 2012, 01:30 PM #110 of 352
I've watched a crap load of movies since last posting in here but I'm buggered if I can remember most of them. The ones I do recall though were:

Transformers 3 - Massive pile of fail. Disjointed plot, forgettable characters, one film too far, not enough Team America.

Attack the Block - Pretty funny horror-ish Brit film but you can tell they slowed down all the rudeboy South London speak to make it more understandable for foreigners/northerners so it's not as good as proper rudeboy South London films.

The Last Bladesman - Decent martial arts effort although tries a bit too hard to be Hero.

Garfield, a tale of two kitties - Amazingly managed to be worse than I thought it'd be.

Kill the Irishman - Mob film, much like every other mob film. Better than Godfather 3, not as good as Donnie Brasco.

wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2012, 03:11 PM 1 #111 of 352
We watched Freeway a couple of nights ago, and HOLY SHIT.

HOLY SHIT. (great music, too)

FELIPE NO
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:09 AM #112 of 352
Homecoming - Mischa Barton was great in this. I was pleasantly surprised since I saw her last in The O.C. show. It took on a Stephen King's Misery go about it and it was pretty decent for today standards. I didn't like the lead very much though.

Green Zone - Matt Damon in another Bourne type of movie?... Not quite. This movie pretty much informed me how badly the search for WMDs part went. I wanted to like this movie but meh.

The Stepfather - Dylan Walsh was great, but the rest of the cast not so much.

2012 - LOL, awesome impossible CGI visuals for such depressing apoc movie. John Cuscack always wins the moment lmao. And I couldn't finish because the dvd was scratched to hell halfway in.

Antichrist - Disappointed by the abrupt cut off of 2012, I went to Instant and watched for some insane shit. This movie served me quite well in that regard in beautiful visuals, excellent symbolism, excellent cinematography, and excellent sets. LOL holy shit man. I actually read the synopsis for this and still don't quite get it but it doesn't matter, I still love how crisp clear the dick/clit shots were and how awesome William Dafoe is for this. <3

Red State - While I was just coming down from the awesomeness of Antichrist, I wanted something more gory. This movie wasn't it lol, the cover isn't a good judge I know. Kevin Smith directing it was a second tip off that it won't serve me what I wanted. But in the end, I got some bizarre horror/thriller wannabe... I still dunno what to make of this movie but kudos for Kevin for trying out the genre. The ending reminds me so much of Coen's Burn After Reading. Is it a ripoff or a form of fanservice? o.O' John Goodman cast in this was a surprise.

Last edited by Philia; Jan 26, 2012 at 10:15 AM.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:56 AM Local time: Jan 27, 2012, 01:56 PM #113 of 352
The Thing (the new one) - It's pretty good, better than what I've read online. And it ties up with the original movie pretty well. Also, the alien looked cool.

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2012, 05:44 AM #114 of 352
Awesome, I tend to not put a whole lot of faith in remakes. I'll be sure to queue this then.

Also. Freeway was fucking awesome. It was my first movie to see Reese Witherspoon in, and it took on a Red Riding Hood twist so god damn well. Despite of it being a decade old, I still remember it well. Keifer Sutherland made it good too.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:31 PM Local time: Feb 11, 2012, 06:31 PM #115 of 352
Against my better judgment I watched a film recommended by Sprout the other day but surprisingly, Chuck and Dale fight Evil is really good. Very funny and a refreshing change to the genre.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:57 PM #116 of 352
I just got back from feeding Lucas some money salad. It was alright.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2012, 02:44 PM Local time: Feb 12, 2012, 08:44 PM #117 of 352
Watched odd Chinese film True Legend last night. It's a modern kung-fu film with decent choreography and a plot that makes little sense and is full of plot holes. Worth a look.

Also watched Blazing Saddles on tv last night which remains one of the funniest films of all time.

wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2012, 02:58 PM #118 of 352
I watched Singin' in the Rain for what might have been the first time last night. I miss movie musicals that weren't Broadway shows first.

(I have also watched My Stepmother is an Alien (which made me giggle), and re-watched My Fair Lady (which practically made me squee I'm such a faggot) lately. Just haven't posted)

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2012, 06:12 PM #119 of 352
I drank a pot of coffee and then watched Videodrome.

FELIPE NO
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2012, 04:56 PM #120 of 352
DEATH TO VIDEODROME LONG LIVE THE NEW FLESH

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Feb 17, 2012, 04:38 PM Local time: Feb 17, 2012, 10:38 PM #121 of 352
Currently watching 2001 Maniacs. It's as silly as the first time I watched it but as comedy horror goes, you could do much worse.

Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Feb 17, 2012, 05:15 PM Local time: Feb 17, 2012, 10:15 PM 1 #122 of 352
Chaining David Suchet's Poirot for all the priceless dialogue and Suchet's clenched buttocks, and watched La Haine the other night (only a year or so after buying it) - absolutely loved it, it's a beautiful piece of cinema, shamed that I hadn't seen it before.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:03 PM Local time: Feb 26, 2012, 09:03 PM #123 of 352
Watched a very weird film called Rubber the other day about a car tyre that kills people. Very post-modern and very silly, I thought it was awesome.

Also watched the remake of True Grit today which was ok I guess.

Most amazing jew boots
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:45 PM Local time: Feb 26, 2012, 08:45 PM #124 of 352
Aaah, I've seen Rubber in CEX and was thinking of buying it for how ridiculous it sounded. Going to have to check it out~

wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2012, 01:18 AM #125 of 352
Just watched The Perfect Host, and I've got to say I think I liked it more as a black comedy than a crime thriller. Also not what I was expecting AT ALL. Not bad, honestly.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Movies/Shows you have seen recently?