Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Warnings Issued about "The Choking Game"

KCJ506
Fuck you assholes

Member 809

Level 13.21

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:24 PM #1 of 59
Warnings Issued about "The Choking Game"

Quote:
Police Issue Warnings About 'Choking Game'

Sun Mar 5, 6:11 AM ET

WHITEFIELD, N.H. - Police and school officials are issuing warnings about a potentially fatal game gaining popularity among teenagers after the death of a 14-year-old boy.

Eighth-grader Rodney Webster died last week after choking himself to deprive his brain of oxygen so he could feel a brief rush when the blood flow returned.

His death prompted Whitefield Police Chief Bill Colburn and school officials to create pamphlets outlining the danger of the so-called "choking game." They will be distributed Monday when children return from winter break.

"They need to make people aware," said Webster's mother, Lori. "We don't want this to happen to anybody else."

Her son was a wrestler and eighth-grade class president.

The game — also known as space monkey, flat-liner, fainting game and black out — was responsible for more than 50 deaths last year and eight this year, according to the Stop The Choking Game Web site.

It can also cause brain damage, strokes, seizures and retinal damage.

I'll never understand why kids do this. WTH is so appealing about choking yourself?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Snowknight
may carry parasites

Member 165

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:27 PM #2 of 59
Honestly, I've never heard about this "choking game" before.

Assuming that it involves kids choking eachother to feel a "rush," looool.
THIS IS THE NEW DRUG THAT IS PLAGUING OUR YOUTH~

There's nowhere I can't reach.
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:28 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 04:28 PM #3 of 59
There are a couple of guys I know who did this a few years back. Two weeks ago, one of them injured his face when trying to do a handstand on a chemistry lab stool, when he can't do a handstand on the ground. The other one is failing every course this term. Go figure.

How ya doing, buddy?
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:39 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 04:39 PM #4 of 59
How long until MADD gets involved. I suppose there's good reason. What if someone tried driving like 2 minutes after having a go at it? It would probably be illegal anyways, cause anyone who would consider playing this game probably isn't old enough to drive.

If you wanna get constant head rushes, just stop eating green vegitables, then lie down for a while. As soon as you get up, you go right back down again. I can't imagine this game being much different.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:44 PM #5 of 59
I've heard something about this... Some girl died in my school just a couple months ago, "The Choking Game" might've been one of the causes. No one is too sure what the cause was though. People have different explanations on what the cause of death was.

I don't get WHY people would do this anyway? Why do something so high risk if it could kill you? If you wanna get high, smoke some damn weed.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:47 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 06:47 PM #6 of 59
I wonder if it is the latest incarnation of the masturbatory practice where people strangle themselves as soon as they reach peak.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Fleshy Fun-Bridge
Hi there!

Member 907

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:50 PM #7 of 59
There was something similar to this that went around way back when I was in gradeschool called 'Blackout'. It would involve one 4th grader taking a number of very very deep breaths, and then exhaling deeply while another pushed them hard into a wall. The result was a high-like rush followed by a loss of consciousness.

It was stupid then, and shit like this is stupid now.

FELIPE NO
Snowknight
may carry parasites

Member 165

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:52 PM #8 of 59
Originally Posted by Fyodor D.
I wonder if it is the latest incarnation of the masturbatory practice where people strangle themselves as soon as they reach peak.
Why would anyone ever want to do that either? Or, is everyone now a masochist?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:13 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:13 PM #9 of 59
Originally Posted by Snowknight
Why would anyone ever want to do that either? Or, is everyone now a masochist?
Apparently the rush of endorphins, or whatever the chemical is that comes with orgasm, mixed with a lack of oxygen, causes a significantly higher "high."

TRZD
i'm rappity rappin'

Member 391

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:59 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 12:59 AM #10 of 59
WTF, I know kids do some real stupid shit but I've never heard of anything like this before. I'm hoping this doesn't take off over here; I don't really feel good saying this but I don't feel any sort of sympathy for this kid.

JackTheRipper
fuck

Member 1296

Level 19.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:06 PM #11 of 59
I hope everyone who plays this game dies a slow painful death. Seriously, just stick to drugs. They're a lot safer.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:14 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 08:14 PM #12 of 59
I'd toss one of these deaths up to Darwin Awards, but... I'm sure it has been done.

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:56 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 06:56 PM #13 of 59
See guys? This is further proof that drugs ARE the answer. If someone had just packed him a fresh bowl of bud, he might STILL be alive. For shame...

Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:13 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:13 PM #14 of 59
It's obivious these teenagers need to go do motorcross or something, get a rush that won't guarentee some degree of brain damage. Any 14 year old boy who doesn't get enough out of masterbation (and tries choking themselves) needs to get his ass kicked by his dad right now.

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:17 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 09:17 PM #15 of 59
Hey congrats class president. Everyone THAT smart knows choking yourself has no potential for harm.

FELIPE NO
SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:20 PM #16 of 59
This is just a dumbed down version of autoerotic asphyxia. Soon, when kids figure it out, they'll try to get their rocks off while choking themselves. Pretty sad indeed...

"We Stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, and the Rope from the Army. On the seventh day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers, talk like sailors, and slap the hell out of both of them. WARRIORS BY DAY, LOVERS BY NIGHT, PROFESSIONALS BY CHOICE, AND MARINES BY THE GRACE OF GOD."
espressivo
Chocobo

Member 1378

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:22 PM #17 of 59
It's seriously so stupid, one of my friends tried it a couple times, but with a different variation. He said something about breathing heavily while the chest is being squeezed or something, i can't remember. It's really stupid he told me to go try it obviously i didn't cuz i've heard of this before and there's really no point getting "high".

Kaiten

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:26 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:26 PM #18 of 59
Originally Posted by Devo
Motocross doesn't guarantee brain damage? What?
Not if you don't suck, also if you wear a helment, you're more likely to break your neck than get brain damage.

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:28 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 06:28 PM #19 of 59
I think the message here is to distribute marijuana amongst middle schoolers. I'm sure "The Choking Game" won't be a problem then.

On a more serious note, the same thing recently happened around here, and parents have been in uproar. There have been notices sent out to teachers, parents, and the kids warning of the dangers and telling the parents for signs to look for. The kid who died doing this here was just 13 years old. He attended the same camp I CITed at, although I didn't know him. It's sad to see kids be so fucking stupid over this shit.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:29 PM #20 of 59
I've never heard about this, but reading about it now I'm not surprised people actually do this.

People do stupid things all the time, especially to get a rush or to get "excited" and what not, so you can't really be surprised about it - as sad as it is.

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:31 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:31 PM #21 of 59
I don't get why do kids "choke" themselves for the hell of it either. Like a heart which stops pumping blood even for a second could cause complications, the brain not having oxygen could also lead to a stroke.

Stupid really. All in the name for a brief blood rush? Give me a break.

Kaiten

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:32 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:32 PM #22 of 59
It's surprising that anything can outdo the stupidity of inhaling aerosol products. But teenage boredom knows no limitations to stupidity. Case-in-point, those willing to try meth even though they know what it does (they should just drink and smoke instead).

Kaiten

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:37 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:37 PM #23 of 59
Originally Posted by Devo
Kids do stupid shit for a thrill. I think the issue of "you can kill yourself easily" needs to be stressed more.
Yes they need to play more Diablo 2 in hardcore mode, that'll teach them that death is a once and final event.

How ya doing, buddy?
Outlaw
Do not use elevator while on fire

Member 134

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:45 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:45 PM #24 of 59
I can just see the ads now:
M | Y | - | W | E | L | L | - | B | E | I | N | G
My anti-choke

But seriously. Sad thing that this is happening, but come on. Where are these people's brains!?! I mean everybody's looking for the next new high, I know that, but why is everyone seeming like they're a masochist now!?! There's other ways to get high if you want to do it. But why must people hurt themselves just to feel ecstasy? That is something I'll never get :/ ....

Kaiten

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:49 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:49 PM #25 of 59
It's like the evolution of drugs (alcohol->tobacco->pot->cocaine->crack->meth), the teenage model is like such:
rebellion->sex->legal drugs->illegal drugs->inhalants->the previously listed in combination->choking
it's currently a fad to outdo other teenagers with stupidier and more painful things, never mind that sex is more than enough for 99% of the teen population.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Warnings Issued about "The Choking Game"