Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Megaman X Collection

khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:00 PM #1 of 32
Megaman X Collection

So did anyone pick this up yet? I got it back in late feb. and I must say I love it. I remember having X1 and X2 and then briefly X4, but not playing the other games...they all seem great. I tested out 1 thru 4...as I have heard 5 and 6 are pretty lousy. Its just great having nostalgic games like this...this and the original collection make me happy.

Most amazing jew boots
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 05:08 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 08:08 PM #2 of 32
This is on both and , thread moved, to the moon.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dyne
fu.ture

Member 675

Level 6.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 03:53 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 12:53 PM #3 of 32
I got this when it first surprise-released.

Basically it's a great collection but I hate the goddamn capcom employees that made the decision to axe all of the remix music in favour of Maverick Hunter X. I think it's one of the more stupid decisions that a game company has ever made.

That said, I still like it a lot despite the lack of extras.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Always leave important items in your back pocket.

Dyne // Level 135
FOnewearl // Viridia
Madam's Umbrella // Chao

Sarmoti
Chocobo

Member 262

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 04:19 PM #4 of 32
I really only got it for X2 and X3(later, after I got it, I found out it was only the cruddy PSX version and not the SNES version).

I love it, I grew up with the series and being able to play them all on one disk is awesome.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 04:23 PM #5 of 32
well its only reasonable if they removed everything just for the future of the Irregulat Hunter X games.. it was alright. the only flaw with the game was that they removed the jap audio for x6 which is really fucked up.. another thing was that the sefx was too echo-y and low. but other than that, its still a good port and for some of those that never got to play the psx version of x3.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 04:47 PM #6 of 32
My brother got it. I think he bought it at the same time as the improved Megaman x for psp which is incredible! X4 is my personal favourite.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
[/RIGHT]
FOXDIE
Carob Nut

Member 1746

Level 3.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:17 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 08:17 PM #7 of 32
I want to buy this game, the problem is that I want the PS2 version, which is harder to find than the GC version... BTW, are the two versions the same? More extras? Better sound? Something different? Should I change my mind and grab the GC version?

Most amazing jew boots
Sarmoti
Chocobo

Member 262

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:13 PM #8 of 32
Originally Posted by FOXDIE
I want to buy this game, the problem is that I want the PS2 version, which is harder to find than the GC version... BTW, are the two versions the same? More extras? Better sound? Something different? Should I change my mind and grab the GC version?
No differences really, just different controls(which can be changed).

Just if you do pick up the GC version, be sure to get a Hori Digital Controller as well.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:17 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 10:17 PM #9 of 32
I do own this, for the PS2, and although I like it, I like the idea of Capcom remaking the X series for the PSP. I like that a lot better, actually.

Still, it's a fun game, but it's been tossed aside in favor of other titles right now. But I own because I <3 the X series, and I don't plan on selling it or trading it. Ever.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
FOXDIE
Carob Nut

Member 1746

Level 3.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:51 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 09:51 PM #10 of 32
Originally Posted by Sarmoti
No differences really, just different controls(which can be changed).

Just if you do pick up the GC version, be sure to get a Hori Digital Controller as well.
Thanks Sarmoti. I think I'll stay with the PS2 version.

Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:07 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 09:07 PM #11 of 32
Yeah, I got the Gamecube version the first day it was available. The controls piss me off to no end, especially when you try dash-jumping and charging the X-buster. But I eventually got used to it though after playing through and defeating MMX1 - MMX3. It's still my favorite game though despite the controller problem.

For the newcomers, I suggest getting the PS2 version.

By the way, who here thought the SNES MMX3 music was better than the PSX version? I personally thought the SNES version sounded so much better. It was fast-paced and had a rock feeling to it. The PSX music sounded too slow and the techno flavor killed most of the songs... (Toxic Seahorse and Volt Catfish stage music sounded alright though.)

iamamoogle
Chimera

Member 1516

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:23 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 08:23 PM #12 of 32
I picked it up a while back as well. I had only owned the first Mega Man X, but had played X, X4, and X5. After Mega Man X8's price dropped I grabbed it and I was tempted to go searching for the older ones again. I guess I picked a good time or I would have probably just bought them over because the real gems of the collection are X2 and X3 (which went for way too much on eBay).

I'm stuck at the end of X1 still... lousy Sigma... and am really enjoying the others. It really sucks that they removed the Japanese from X6... I mean they didn't even replace it, which would have been better than removing all voices entirely.

I'd have to say that X4 is still my favorite.

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:42 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 09:42 PM #13 of 32
Originally Posted by iamamoogle
I'm stuck at the end of X1 still... lousy Sigma... and am really enjoying the others.
Which form, first or second?

The first is rather easy. If you got the Hadoken, it's just a matter of spamming that and it's practically an I.W.I.N. Button.

The second one is hella hard if you don't know how to fight him. What I do is when one of the paws come down, I jump on it and stand so that only my foot is on it (thus making me invincible for 99% of his attacks), then when I get close enough, I use the Rolling Shield uncharged and get extra damage.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Magic
Good Chocobo

Member 492

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:56 PM #14 of 32
So did they remove any of the suckage from X6? Like the checkpoint before the pit that's too big to jump across without some special ability, and it won't let you climb back up the hole that takes you to this area so you have to lose all your lives by jumping into the pit.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sarmoti
Chocobo

Member 262

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:14 AM #15 of 32
Originally Posted by Magic
So did they remove any of the suckage from X6? Like the checkpoint before the pit that's too big to jump across without some special ability, and it won't let you climb back up the hole that takes you to this area so you have to lose all your lives by jumping into the pit.
It's all still there. sorry.

Quote:
By the way, who here thought the SNES MMX3 music was better than the PSX version? I personally thought the SNES version sounded so much better. It was fast-paced and had a rock feeling to it. The PSX music sounded too slow and the techno flavor killed most of the songs... (Toxic Seahorse and Volt Catfish stage music sounded alright though.)
memememememeME!!

I can't even begin to express my hatred towards the PSX version and its lousy [insert something of the everything it does wrong here].

Even the explosion sequences have problems(pay close attention to the boss death sequence 'cause the explosions get caught in a path near the end.)

FELIPE NO
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 02:28 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 12:28 AM #16 of 32
The only good thing that came out of the PSX version was the intro video. Too bad they didn't use the music from the japanese intro though.

Lost_solitude
stop stealing my "me time"

Member 2164

Level 13.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:55 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 07:55 AM #17 of 32
I'm still going to get it and Megaman X: maveric hunter!! The X series was my favorate.

ZealPath
Moments in Love

Member 1926

Level 6.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:13 PM #18 of 32
I've enjoyed X Collection so far, like the Megaman Anniversary collection last year it's been fun to get back to the Megaman games again. It's also great to have them all on one disc that I actually own as opposed to having them for a weekend back in the day (I never actually bought an individual Megaman game until these collections, I would just rent them and play through them on a weekend).

As far as the individual games go I still haven't played X4-X6, I'm sure I'll get around to it, although X4 didn't seem too spectacular when I tested it out briefly (although it hardly seemed bad either... just less traditional, I'm used to nes or snes quality in megaman games). Like many I think my eyes were mainly on the chance to play X2 and X3 again, those 2 games were hard to find back in the days of the snes and like I said, although I had finished them before, my experience was limited to a couple weekends almost 10 years ago so... yeah, I'd forgotten quite a bit about them. X1 of course was old hat at this point, as I'd been through it many times back in the day and even played through it via emulator several times, it was a good way to get a feel for dash jumping on the ps2 controller though (my hands sure seem to get tired of it faster than they did back in the day, oh well).

I compared the soundtrack of X3 to the snes version mp3s and I have to agree that for the most part the snes version sounded better, the psx "sound upgrades" and music revamp just weren't all that necessary imo (though not bad enough to be considered bad either). Actually, the more I listen to the original X3 soundtrack, the more it sounds like it was trying to do what X8 did with the heavy metal soundtrack just with snes midi-quality, meanwhile the PSX version sort of lost that style in transition.

Last edited by ZealPath; Mar 8, 2006 at 10:15 PM.
shadowlink56
Wii came, We saw, Wii kicked our ASS!

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:22 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 09:22 PM #19 of 32
Originally Posted by Lizardcommando
The only good thing that came out of the PSX version was the intro video. Too bad they didn't use the music from the japanese intro though.
Quoted for truth. Snes music was much better as well. I do agree.
I don't own this version, but I have all the other games, including an import of Rockman Battle and Chase, so no real reason to purchase (especially after my extreme disappointemnt with MM Anniversary Collection).

Magic
Good Chocobo

Member 492

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:40 PM #20 of 32
Originally Posted by ZealPath
it was a good way to get a feel for dash jumping on the ps2 controller though (my hands sure seem to get tired of it faster than they did back in the day, oh well).
Try setting Dash to R1. I think I've actually screwed up the bone structure of my right index finger by trying to curl it around to reach the A button on the SNES controller while my thumb sat on B and Y.

Josiah
Normal Gym Leader

Member 412

Level 22.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 05:59 AM #21 of 32
Originally Posted by Lizardcommando
I don't think I have a more butchered remix than the PSX version of X3's stage select music (the first). That jazz organ (I'm pretty sure that's what it is, or am I wrong?) makes the whole track (as short as it is) freakin' disgusting. :sick:

On a more positive note, I think the PSX versions of the Blizzard Buffalo and Blast Hornet stages are decent too.

Most amazing jew boots
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:08 PM #22 of 32
Originally Posted by SouthJag
I do own this, for the PS2, and although I like it, I like the idea of Capcom remaking the X series for the PSP. I like that a lot better, actually.

they should remake x7...that was ok game but to everyone it was hot garbage o.o...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
neothe0ne
River Chocobo

Member 461

Level 25.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:23 PM #23 of 32
Some of you guys have wrong information....

Keiji Inafune himself ordered Capcom USA to remove the remixed music, redone voice acting, and new scripts because he was a greedy bastard who hoped that Irregular Hunter X could sell more than 10k in Japan at some point in time.

Capcom also shipped a LOT more copies of the PS2 version than the GCN copy. My Best Buy received 4 copies of the GCN and at least 12 of the PS2, and I've heard similar reports from others.

To me, X Collection was really disappointing, since I already own all the six X games and there are sound quality/volume issues on the GCN version. I never ended up buying it.

How ya doing, buddy?
Cyantre

Member 2635

Level 7.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 12:06 AM #24 of 32
I don't really like this collection, it felt rushed and the PS version of MMX3 shouldn't have been on there the SNES version should have been. Plus the extras and unlocks were really lame.

Sarmoti
Chocobo

Member 262

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 11:21 AM #25 of 32
Originally Posted by Cyantre
I don't really like this collection, it felt rushed and the PS version of MMX3 shouldn't have been on there the SNES version should have been. Plus the extras and unlocks were really lame.
I could care less about the extras but I'm with ya on the PSX version of X3. It was said that they wanted to have each game as close to the original version as possible(hence the remixed tracks being taken out and used in MHX series) but if thats true, why on earth did they leave in that version of X3?.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Megaman X Collection