Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Scorched3D, Anyone?

Josiah
Normal Gym Leader

Member 412

Level 22.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 04:21 AM #1 of 9
Scorched3D, Anyone?

Basically, Scorched3D is a free 3D remake of the old classic DOS tank game, Scorched Earth. I first heard about it not too long ago from a thread in another forum. I downloaded it and gave it a go and have found it to be quite fun. Probably one of the features I really like is the various tank models you can pick from. You can pick from various actual tanks and artillery, or you can be some other funny or cool stuff for a tank, such as a Photon Cannon or Siege Tank from Starcraft, an AT-ST from Star Wars, Bender from Futurama, and even Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega fans.

Anyway, ad-esque posting aside :ashamed: , this game can be played online with other people. So, anyone up for some nuking each other? I think it'd be fun for some of us GFFers to get into this game. We can 'meet' and correlate here in this thread.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Josiah; Mar 15, 2006 at 04:33 AM.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 08:22 PM #2 of 9
I remember when I tried to get it set up for a GFF Scorched Earth erm.. server is what I guess you could say, when we were looking for things to do. Never took off that well. I'll give this a shot and see what it's like, because I've always loved playing Scorched Earth.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 08:38 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 06:38 PM #3 of 9
I played Scorched Earth a bit back in high school to kill some time. I think I may have played a few with some other GFFers then too. I'll try this out later... should be fun.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:14 PM #4 of 9
Any feed back on this game? I don't wanna download it if it is crappy.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 01:48 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 11:48 AM #5 of 9
I downloaded it and played 3 levels of it. I wasn't really into it, but it was actually pretty well done. Perhaps, it's just because I didn't really feel like playing anything anyway nor learning the controls. Plus, the "3D-ness" of it just seemed a bit overwhelming. Playing the original is just much more fun.

I was speaking idiomatically.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Josiah
Normal Gym Leader

Member 412

Level 22.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 04:09 AM #6 of 9
I think it's fun stuff. Follows the game pretty well, with the Apocalypse mod (included with the d/l) adding some more cool weapons to hit with. Plus you can play online as well as hotseat. Aside form being 3d, I think it stays pretty faithful to the game myself.

Plus it's free; don't have to worry about paying money to register just so you can get that one tank.

How ya doing, buddy?
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 02:41 PM Local time: Mar 19, 2006, 02:41 PM #7 of 9
I find the classic good enough for me. If I wanna play a modern one, I think Worms is the way to go.

FELIPE NO
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 12:32 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 12:32 AM #8 of 9
I always loved SE and I think I've played SE 3D as well. Give me a shout on a PM or my AIM and i'll be glad to show up for some fun!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
ApOcaLyPSe_1985
Wiivolution

Member 1331

Level 13.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 06:15 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 01:15 AM #9 of 9
Installed the game again but I need to practice a bit. Will tell you when i'm ready

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Fight Nintendo! For everlasting peace!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Scorched3D, Anyone?