Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Tournament] 06-07 NHL Discussion Thread

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 12:10 AM #576 of 778
The Penguins took another day off from being awesome and winning today while they wait for Laraque (Spanish for "the raque") and Gobblerts to arrive from their wonderful paradisios. When asked where the offense has gone, coach Michel Therrien said this: "DOCTOR EMMITT BROWN TOOK IT TO APRIL WHEN WE'LL NEED IT THE MOST. END TRANSMISSION"

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 12:47 AM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 11:47 PM #577 of 778
I feel for you acid, I feel for you. I hate the Oilers (Sorry), but I still loved Ryan Smyth. I think every team in the NHL would love to have him on their team, he is one of those guys that nearly every Stanley Cup team needs. Not to mention he is the second best shot-tipper in the game (Holmstrom).

Here's hoping Edmonton, err, Lowe, can redeem himself in the offseason and re-sign him.

And Denicalis, I'm sure Edmonton fans around the world appreciate your concern, but I'm pretty sure you are a Boston fan, meaning you have your own GM to yell at. Brad Boyes for Dennis Wideman? Sorry, but you just got robbed.

What is it with Boston management?

Hey acid, is Lowe possibly as hated right now as Jan Bulis is in Vancouver?

I'm really starting to feel sorry for you guys. Here, take Jan Bulis as a gift.

Please?
You hit the nail on the head, sir. I'm a Boston fan. I'm well aware that my GM sucks, and I'm so aware of it that I simply expect it now. I'll start caring again after he's gone and hope comes back.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 01:55 AM #578 of 778
The Bruin organization needs a complete overhaul. Remember, this is Chiarelli's first season as GM for the BruCru. Remember the Mike O'Connnell era?

Long story short, the Bruins are an average franchise right now, like the rest of the Original Six, stagnating thanks to a lack of creativity and ingenuity.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 01:58 AM Local time: Feb 28, 2007, 12:58 AM #579 of 778
The Bruin organization needs a complete overhaul. Remember, this is Chiarelli's first season as GM for the BruCru. Remember the Mike O'Connnell era?

Long story short, the Bruins are an average franchise right now, like the rest of the Original Six, stagnating thanks to a lack of creativity and ingenuity.
Absolutely. They need young ownership with a dynamic vision. But I've been black and gold since infancy, and I'm not quitting just because they're struggling right now.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

GhaleonQ
Holy Paladin Fencer *snickers*

Member 20358

Level 16.99

Feb 2007

Old Mar 2, 2007, 02:40 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2007, 01:40 PM #580 of 778
*sigh* Oh, Penguins. How I mourn thee.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Wojo
River Chocobo

Member 59

Level 23.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 02:59 PM #581 of 778
*sigh* Oh, Penguins. How I mourn thee.
Could you possibly explain yourself?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 03:27 PM #582 of 778
I probably wouldn't consider his comments valid, except maybe in an alternate dimension where the Penguins aren't in the playoffs and are moving or folding.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 07:18 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2007, 04:18 PM #583 of 778
I think he just watched March of the Penguins. Oh, the plight of the penguin is a sad one.

FELIPE NO
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 11:53 PM #584 of 778
Penguins lost again tonight thanks to some more shoddy defense and goaltending. Someone forgot to tell the Pens front office that you can't always outscore the other team.

In other news:

YouTube Video

Tomas Kaberle got blasted by Cam Janssen and the Leafs did nothing in retaliation, despite the hit being late, an elbow, and Janssen leaving his feet. No penalty was called, and Janssen sat for the rest of the game. He'll almost certainly be fined, and the refs will get a talking to.

Which all of them should, every night. The refs screw something up night after night.

BucPride
HOLYSHITHEISSHORT

Member 172

Level 16.43

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 03:55 AM #585 of 778
Sweet Jesus, how the fuck did that not get a call, especially at least a double minor. After all, Kaberle got rid of the puck well prior taking that nasty hit and elbow. 'Tis fucked up.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 04:04 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2007, 02:04 PM #586 of 778
In before BZ comparing it to Neil's hit on Drury.

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 04:05 PM #587 of 778
In before BZ comparing it to Neil's hit on Drury.
Yeah, god forbid a town should be upset over an extremely cheap shot to one of its better players.

Fuck off.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 04:21 PM #588 of 778
Neil's hit was cleaner than Janssen's, no doubt. I like how the Maple Leafs did NOTHING in response. "One of best players was injured on a late hit! LET'S GO GET 'EM!"

*tickle tickle*

Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2007, 01:15 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2007, 11:15 AM #589 of 778
It wasn't a cheap shot at all. Drury was admiring his pass. You learn to keep your head up and know where other players are on the ice when you're ten years old. It wasn't illegal, it wasn't late as defined by the NHL rulebook, and getting mad about it when your team tried to pick fights with soft danglers like Spezza just makes you look like a joke.

Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2007, 09:43 PM #590 of 778
GO FLAMES GO!

Battle of Alberta... FUCKING ROCKED IT! Anybody have a video of Phaneuf's hit in the 3rd? I can't remember who he smoked, but he got him good.

Licensed Commercial Pilot!
Currently: Float Pilot in BC
Need a pilot? PM Me.
Commercial Pilot, land and seaplanes, single and multi engines, instrument rating... I'm a jack of all trades! I can even be type rated!

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2007, 10:30 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2007, 09:30 PM #591 of 778
GO FLAMES GO!

Battle of Alberta... FUCKING ROCKED IT! Anybody have a video of Phaneuf's hit in the 3rd? I can't remember who he smoked, but he got him good.
I couldn't tell you, it's hard to read the name when it's fucking SIDEWAYS.

How ya doing, buddy?

Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 12:42 AM #592 of 778
Lalime ftw.

Baaah~
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 04:46 PM #593 of 778
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=198872&hubname=

Penguins ownership declares an impasse in their attempts to reach a deal on an arena in Pittsburgh and "will aggressively explore relocation."

Within the last few minutes, however, Penguins fans on a hockey board I visit say that Allegheny County Executive Dan Onorato said on KDKA in Pittsburgh a deal is close.

So, basically, we won't know what's going on for sure until the Penguins sign a deal somewhere.

How ya doing, buddy?

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 04:49 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2007, 03:49 PM #594 of 778
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=198872&hubname=

Penguins ownership declares an impasse in their attempts to reach a deal on an arena in Pittsburgh and "will aggressively explore relocation."

Within the last few minutes, however, Penguins fans on a hockey board I visit say that Allegheny County Executive Dan Onorato said on KDKA in Pittsburgh a deal is close.

So, basically, we won't know what's going on for sure until the Penguins sign a deal somewhere.
*crosses his fingers* Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Roberts and LaRaque in Hartford. Come on, Jesus, you fucking owe me.

(A boy can hope. If they can't stay in Pittsburgh, I want my Whalers back.)

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 04:50 PM #595 of 778
Hartford won't happen, goofball. (I wish...)

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 04:53 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2007, 03:53 PM #596 of 778
Hartford won't happen, goofball. (I wish...)
I know, they would probably wind up in Vegas, but could you imagine if we had the Whale back? How sweet would that be? The battle of New England back up and running, the young superstars within easy travelling distance to watch them... Hell, I'd even be cool with the Jets or the Nordiques coming back. Stop growing the brand in shitty places and bring it back to hockey markets, damnit.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 04:58 PM #597 of 778
I think the NHL is hard against going back to towns that had teams that moved (though, the irony is that most of them ones that have moved recently ended up winning Cups...ex: Nords and Whalers). I'd love the Penguins to move closer to me than further (MUCH further, as it would be with Houston, KC or Vegas), but I'd prefer them stay in Pittsburgh.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 05:00 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2007, 04:00 PM #598 of 778
Yeah. I really like the idea of Pittsburgh as a young dynasty. Y HALO THAT EARLY 90s. Also, am I the only one thinking we're in a golden era of hockey in terms of talent?

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 05:02 PM #599 of 778
I wouldn't make THAT leap. Maybe as far as the difference between the best and the worst is the amongst the widest of all time, but there are no ultra-dominant scorers in the league.

How ya doing, buddy?

Wojo
River Chocobo

Member 59

Level 23.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 05:15 PM #600 of 778
Well thats some pretty depressing news to start off the week. The local politicians kept on telling the public that an arena deal is "very close" but I now wonder how "close" they really were.

Why on Earth would they want to relocate to Kansas City. It is beyond me. Yeah 100% free arena, but good luck trying to have a decent fan base there.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Tournament] 06-07 NHL Discussion Thread