Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] FlashFlashRevolution. Yet another way to listen to crap music while staring at arrows

Villiex
Rectifier

Member 29819

Level 1.34

Apr 2008

Old May 14, 2008, 05:08 AM Local time: May 14, 2008, 02:08 AM #1 of 10
FlashFlashRevolution. Yet another way to listen to crap music while staring at arrows

I am surprised that my search didn't come up with a single thread here about FlashFlashRevolution. Who here plays this game? When I first played it in 2004, it was such a... fangame. It was such a cheap imitation of DDR for the computer. The framerate was bad, none of the stepfiles were synced, and it was riddled with glitches. Now we mainly just deal with bad framerate.

I really like levels like KlungKung 2004 and Carol Megamix; the sort-of-insane-but-still-fun stuff. I'd love to know what other people here think about this game, or if anybody's up for playing multiplayer.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Villiex; May 14, 2008 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Added the full game title and a link.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2008, 08:04 AM Local time: May 14, 2008, 02:04 PM #2 of 10
YKW? There's little IHM than PUA in their OPs without posting the FGT first.

Google tells me that this post is about some unit trust or something. Sounds like a homework thread, gimme three good reasons not to close it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2008, 08:13 AM #3 of 10
My guess is that he's talking about FlashFlashRevolution, a flash clone of DDR. I played it a couple of times in its early stages, when it was pretty crappy, but I haven't touched it since. Who knows, it may have improved.

My personal favorite Bemani flash clone is Beat Beat Revolution, which is a flash beatmaniaIIDX clone.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old May 14, 2008, 08:14 AM Local time: May 14, 2008, 11:14 PM 7 #4 of 10
FFR?

Fatal Frame Rocks?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Villiex
Rectifier

Member 29819

Level 1.34

Apr 2008

Old May 14, 2008, 09:21 AM Local time: May 14, 2008, 06:21 AM 1 #5 of 10
@Taco: Yeah, you got it right. I guess I should have said FlashFlashRevolution, but I thought it would be pretty obvious considering my mention of stepfiles, sync, framerate, etc. Not to mention the fact I said it was a computer clone of DDR. Oh well.

It was really crappy back in the day, but it's pretty fun now. It's not quite Stepmania, but it does have a ranking system, which is neat. I'd try BBR out, but I'm not quite in the mood to try and navigate through Japanese right now.

As for your 3 good reasons...

1. This thread isn't breaking any of the rules in this forum's rule thread.
2. This thread is about an actual game and this is video game discussion.
3. There's no rule that states you have to put the full game title in your original post. Maybe you should make one. I'm sorry, I should have done that.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Villiex; May 14, 2008 at 09:41 AM.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2008, 03:36 PM Local time: May 14, 2008, 02:36 PM #6 of 10
It's common courtesy to have the title at least be somewhat explanatory. I'll edit it now.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Villiex
Rectifier

Member 29819

Level 1.34

Apr 2008

Old May 14, 2008, 04:52 PM Local time: May 14, 2008, 01:52 PM 2 #7 of 10
Thanks, I like it. There is honestly some real crap in FFR. DJ Sharpnel tends to be horrible 99% of the time.

FELIPE NO
Jinzo
Chocobo

Member 998

Level 13.48

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2008, 08:15 PM Local time: May 14, 2008, 06:15 PM #8 of 10
Don't play that one but get simfiles from there every so often. Still looking for some SMG simfiles. Every so often you'll find good simfiles but most of the time they are crappy.

How ya doing, buddy?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2008, 11:46 PM #9 of 10
Yeah, FFR has to be the worst database for simfiles... I just go there if I'm looking for a song and BemaniStyle doesn't have it in theirs.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2008, 07:36 AM Local time: May 15, 2008, 01:36 PM #10 of 10
@Taco: Yeah, you got it right. I guess I should have said FlashFlashRevolution, but I thought it would be pretty obvious considering my mention of stepfiles, sync, framerate, etc. Not to mention the fact I said it was a computer clone of DDR. Oh well.
Obvious to someone who's played it but not anyone else. If I started a thread about how PB was a great game and how the isometric sprites look great, the puzzles are inventive and have a smooth learning curve without too much recourse to objects hidden behind scenery and how it's well better than the much, much later Ultima VIII, would you know what I'm talking about?

We aim to be as inclusive as possible here so assuming everyone plays the same games as you is foolish. Granted, now we know it's another of those retarded bemani games it's unlikely to generate much more discussion but had you made that clear in your title and opening post, nobody would have needed to waste the time even looking in the thread.

Ultimate kudos to anyone who does know the game I described by the way.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] FlashFlashRevolution. Yet another way to listen to crap music while staring at arrows