Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 02:39 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2006, 11:39 AM #901 of 1323
Originally Posted by Prime Blue
Didn't the developers of the game say that it won't use the Wiimote because it would be too exhausting for the gamers to play?
They did, they will not use the wiimote for SBB.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 07:55 PM #902 of 1323
Originally Posted by PsychoJosh
I picture some happen in real time, like Mario's fireball thing. The others will still be moving and be able to dodge, but if they get hit by it, they'll get wiped out.
Seconded. I seriously hope it's not a KO Everybody on screen type of deal.

To tell the truth, I picture that the super moves should be wide-ranged an capable of hitting many opponents, otherwise there's no point to them. Link's Triforce Omnislash thing probably provides an instant KO for a single target, but what's the point if you can just dispatch them the regular way?
Much faster dispatch than working up damage and then a smash. Then again, it could just rack up insane amounts of damage without killing. Which is what I see in the majority of the super moves. instant KO would be cheap as it could be abused the hell out of. It probably just hurts.......A LOT.

Also, why "Chef" ability for Kirby? Why not "Crash" or "Paint"? Those seem to have much more potential for immense damage than Chef. Of course, in his games, Chef turned people into food items, so I don't know if this is a fatality or just something that causes big damage.
More likely, again, just big damage. Instant KO of any type would just be cheap.

Here's a theory I have for SSBB's Super Move system: they're selectable, like Super Arts in Street Fighter 3, which means all the characters have more than one super move. Right before the match you pick a character and one of the three super moves that are available to them, and you're stuck with that one for the rest of the match, thus letting a little strategy influence people's character decisions.
Dear god, please no. While it worked decently for Street Fighter 3 or Marvel VS. Capcom 2, Street Fighter, this is not. Super Smash Bros. has a history now. Its movesets have been programmed already so simply that just about anybody could pick it up and have some fun. The other fighting games, on the other hand, usually require you to memorize an assload of button combinations to actually be fun. While other fighting games hold fun in skill, this holds fun in chaos. The main reason I like this game so much over the traditional fighting games is that its so friggin easy to pick up. I don't have to win every time to have fun (though I'd like to, and its a surprise whenever I do). This is one of those games that I could have my relatives or friends come over and everybody would have a fair shot of winning, and not just one person dominating. (I know we have those kinds of people, but still).

Another theory I have is that they all require actual button inputs, not just simple stuff like Up+B or Down+B, but instead (direction)+B+A or L+R+B+(direction).
Hell no. Reason stated above. Too damn complicated. Also, L and R are already used for other stuff. I think we also already know that they're available from item pickups. At least by the video.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 08:43 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2006, 09:43 PM #903 of 1323
What about Smash Fatalities?! LOL!! After you defeat someone, they could come back, but in a daze. Then a man with a deep voice could say... MERCY! And you have 5 seconds to put in a combination.

Mario... could summon a bottomless pipe.... or Grow SUPER big and step on them.

How ya doing, buddy?
shadowlink56
Wii came, We saw, Wii kicked our ASS!

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 12:23 AM Local time: Jul 7, 2006, 11:23 PM #904 of 1323
Stop playing Mortal Kombat.

I hope Acer boots the next person to suggest that SSBB become more like another lame outdated fighter.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
somedude2387
Chocobo

Member 678

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 04:36 AM Local time: Jul 8, 2006, 07:36 PM #905 of 1323
I agree with you guys about the move list. I dont like it when games have a massive move list, it's cool if you spend ages learning them all but it takes a fair bit of time. The thing I like about smash bros is that I could be at a friends place and pick almost any charater and be competitive with it because it's fairly easy to learn the basics of each character. Compare this to something like Soul Calibur 2 which I also enjoyed. It had a MASSIVE move list for each character, as such I'm only decent with a couple of characters. Also if people that don't have smash bros come over they can get the hang of it quickly and I've had some good matches with people who are fairly new to the game

Jam it back in, in the dark.
I can't listen to that much Wagner. I start getting the urge to conquer Poland.
Woody Allen (1935 - )

Anyone know how to use alchemy?

Last edited by somedude2387; Jul 8, 2006 at 04:41 AM.
scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 04:40 AM Local time: Jul 8, 2006, 01:40 AM #906 of 1323
fuck, If this game turned into a Soul Calibur, Street Fighter like game I will ban myself from the testing forum for a month as this will never happen, nor should it!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dalkaen
hi i want to creat a 21 songs

Member 829

Level 16.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 08:11 AM Local time: Jul 8, 2006, 08:11 AM #907 of 1323
Eh, I enjoy fighting games with combos and movelists to memorize, but I don't really want SSB to turn into that. Both types have their place. I will have to say that SSBM is my favorite fighting game, though, and perhaps its accessibility is why.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Omnislash124

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 09:18 AM #908 of 1323
Damn straight. There was one reason why I hated the other fighting games. That's because you needed to remember not only the MASSIVE move lists they may have, but if you don't know some high-hitting combos, you probably also have no chance against another human player. Smash Bros. Could not get any easier to pick up. It's just (Analog stick + A) OR (Analog Stick + B). Sure, combos exist in the SSB universe, but you don't have to know them to win. Partially because when there's more than 2 players involved, it's hard to come up with a combo that will avoid the other 2 players while you beat down the other guy.

That and add the fact that I could choose any character and know exactly how to play them. Hell, I could play decently with Ice Climbers if I wanted to. (I usually don't play Ice Climbers, I usually play Pikachu or Jigglypuff)

Most amazing jew boots
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 04:45 PM Local time: Jul 8, 2006, 02:45 PM #909 of 1323
What kind of levels would you like to see in SSBB?

Personally, I'd really like to see the Highway/Intro stage from MMX! Maybe have random cars drive by that you need to dodge or maybe have that one ship you encounter at the end of that level fly by and drop items randomly. Or how about in certain areas of the stage, if you do too much damage on it (either with your own attacks or with some items) part of the highway falls apart and you'd fall in the hole. Of course, the only chance of seeing this level being made is if we get a Megaman related character into the game first.

PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 06:45 PM Local time: Jul 8, 2006, 05:45 PM #910 of 1323
Originally Posted by shadowlink56
PsychJosh:
Hey guys, let's make SSBB like SSF2 alpha crazy hyper special edition!
Jesus Christ, shut up. I only said you had to push a few more buttons, simultaneously. It's not like some sequence (that you whiners find SO HARD TO DO) like quarter-circle forward on joystick/punch or WP, WP, Forward MK HK... Wait, how did that one go again? Did I get it right? :eyebrow:

Anyways, what I proposed is completely different from SF... I'm just unclear on how they're going to do the super moves. Do you just pick up the icon item and they just do it automatically? Holy geez, I don't know you guys I'M JUST ONE FREAKIN' MAN. <:

Last edited by PsychoJosh; Jul 8, 2006 at 06:51 PM.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 09:24 PM #911 of 1323
I can tell you that supers will not be pulled off using button combinations. That would be unfair to new players. It will most likely be one of the buttons assigned as jump, either x or y. And that's if it doesn't automatically make you do a super once your character has grabbed the Smash Bros. logo super item.

I'm sure they could find other ways of doing it as well but those are the two that come to mind.

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 10:58 PM Local time: Jul 8, 2006, 09:58 PM #912 of 1323
As I said, it's not a combination, it's just pushing more buttons at the same time.

Old Jul 9, 2006, 01:09 AM #913 of 1323
What, like pressing L and R at the same time to set off a special? I do that all the time when I want to do rolls or shield. That could be set off too easily. What are you proposing?

How ya doing, buddy?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

28Link
Chocobo

Member 236

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 11:40 AM #914 of 1323
I think he means like X+Y+L+R+Z together, something most people don't normally do, I guess. But I really think, unless they make supers activate the moment the character touches the icon, they should assign X (or Y, but I usually use Y to jump) as the supers button. It will function like the A and B attack buttons, allowing for different supers depending on the directional input.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Luxo
Hey! Listen!

Member 2675

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 01:12 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2006, 12:12 PM #915 of 1323
I think it would be more along the lines of a supercharged special move. When you get the icon and press B with, say, Mario, huge fireballs appear. If you press down + B, Mario spins and creates a tornado. I don't know, this kind of thing could add a lot of awesomeness to the game.

Vibrate
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 03:36 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2006, 01:36 PM #916 of 1323
Originally Posted by Luxo
I think it would be more along the lines of a supercharged special move. When you get the icon and press B with, say, Mario, huge fireballs appear. If you press down + B, Mario spins and creates a tornado. I don't know, this kind of thing could add a lot of awesomeness to the game.
Hey, that's actually a really cool idea! So basically, when you get the icon for the special move, all the B button moves that you'd normally be able to use are replaced with special, charged up versions of those attacks? Damn, why didn't I think of that before!

Genious idea!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Graffiacane
Ergodic wannabe

Member 2114

Level 8.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 06:04 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2006, 08:04 PM #917 of 1323
Can someone explain this VGCats strip for me? Isn't Raiden the guy from Mortal Kombat?
vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=197

Last edited by Graffiacane; Jul 9, 2006 at 06:09 PM.
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 06:15 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2006, 04:15 PM #918 of 1323
No, you're thinking of Rayden. Raiden is the blond protagonist from Metal Gear Solid 2.

J-Man
Taller than a tree

Member 102

Level 23.11

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 08:26 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2006, 06:26 PM #919 of 1323
Originally Posted by Omnislash124

More likely, again, just big damage. Instant KO of any type would just be cheap.

*coughs* Flareblade *coughs*

FELIPE NO
Sarmoti
Chocobo

Member 262

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 09:00 PM #920 of 1323
Wasn't it said somewhere that the special move would be triggered by picking up the new smash emblem item, and then pushing an attack button (whether it be B or A) would trigger the attack? Maybe that was speculation...?.

Zippy
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 4208

Level 1.73

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 10:29 PM Local time: Jul 10, 2006, 01:29 PM #921 of 1323
Also, why "Chef" ability for Kirby? Why not "Crash" or "Paint"?.
Or PLASMA!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
For a successful beef stew, add a little ryhme & a few bay leaves.
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 11:41 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2006, 10:41 PM #922 of 1323
Originally Posted by Zippy
Or PLASMA!
Uh... no. I'm talking about abilities for Kirby's SUPER attacks, and logically they'd just be the single-use abilities he comes across rather than one that stays with you after you use it, which Plasma is.

Most amazing jew boots
J-Man
Taller than a tree

Member 102

Level 23.11

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 11:52 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2006, 09:52 PM #923 of 1323
I could see that sweet UFO power being used as a limited attack. Fox could have some massive arwing skills, Link with his aforementioned and aptly coined 'omnislash' and such things like that. I dunno, it's a cool concept, but it has potential to fail miserably. As long as there is an option to turn these mega attacks off, I'm fine with the idea that these are being considered for SSBB

28Link
Chocobo

Member 236

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2006, 12:55 AM #924 of 1323
Originally Posted by J-Man
I could see that sweet UFO power being used as a limited attack. Fox could have some massive arwing skills, Link with his aforementioned and aptly coined 'omnislash' and such things like that. I dunno, it's a cool concept, but it has potential to fail miserably. As long as there is an option to turn these mega attacks off, I'm fine with the idea that these are being considered for SSBB
Well, seeing as the supers will require the icon before theybecome available, it should be as simple as turning off the Supers icon in the items menu, which should be returning in tis sequel.

How ya doing, buddy?
Omnislash124

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2006, 06:06 AM #925 of 1323
Originally Posted by Luxo
Actually, that wouldn't be too bad of an idea. You might be on to something there. Say, you pick up the little power up and then the next B move you do is superpowered. That's quite a few combinations too. And as previously pointed out, it's probably too easily accidentally triggered. Maybe just one B move for each character. Like everybody's Down+B. The problem there comes with those characters who have moves on the Down+B that aren't exactly superpower-able. Like Fox's Reflection or Link's Bomb. It's all sepculation here, but I like that idea of using a B attack that is super charged.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl