Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Does anyone know how to make flash games run faster/smoother?

Maico
─ ─╘Don't rob me of my ─ ─ hate: It's all I have.

Member 4527

Level 17.53

Apr 2006

Old Jul 29, 2007, 03:44 AM Local time: Jul 29, 2007, 01:44 AM #1 of 5
Does anyone know how to make flash games run faster/smoother?

I'm not trying to run the latest games (hell my computer can't even run Doom because my GPU is so shitty, but these shitty flash games that you play online are nowhere near the equivalence of Doom and they still run like shit on the highest settings and in a larger window), but my computer should be able to run these flash games without any slowdown, so what gives? I'm running a 3.0 GHz P4 CPU with 1.0 GB of RAM. How do I make my computer kick into gear and do it's fucking job without slowdown on these piddly flash games? I was trying to play this game: http://www.puffgames.com/unrealflash/.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Roan
Chocobo

Member 1565

Level 13.78

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2007, 05:26 AM #2 of 5
update your videocard driver? If you have an nvidia video card you might wanna try those optimized versions.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2007, 10:57 AM Local time: Jul 29, 2007, 11:57 PM #3 of 5
Alternatively downgrade the flash quality to medium, and see if speed improves.

Most amazing jew boots
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2007, 04:30 PM #4 of 5
You don't NEED a GPU to run Doom. In fact, last I checked Doom was 100% CPU-powered (unless you're using Doom95, which might use the tiniest bit), and it run great on my 486 and POS Video Adaptor. If you really can't run Doom, it's indicative of much more serious problems. I reccomend cleaning all spyware and viruses.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Maico
─ ─╘Don't rob me of my ─ ─ hate: It's all I have.

Member 4527

Level 17.53

Apr 2006

Old Jul 29, 2007, 06:42 PM Local time: Jul 29, 2007, 04:42 PM #5 of 5
I've tried setting the quality to medium and low, but in maps where there are tons of players on the screen it still slows down, so I'm not sure why it does that. Oh, and I didn't mean the original Doom, but the latest remake for the PC, I guess they call it technically Doom 3 (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/doom3/index.html), and you need a pretty bitchin system to be able to play it and make it look good at the same time.

Do you think virtual memory has anything to do with that? I remember on my old PC (Windows 98 or something) there was an option to increase the virtual memory to whatever amount you set it to, but I can't find that on this XP Pro Windows anywhere, at least not the slider that lets you adjust how much virtual memory your PC uses. Does anyone know how to adjust it?

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Does anyone know how to make flash games run faster/smoother?