Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

24 Season 5 Discussion

Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 08:16 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 09:16 PM #301 of 496
Anybody see this?
http://www.catscape.com/wordpress/?p=12

LOL, old lady thinks she's Jack Bauer bringing the bad guys down on a bumper sticker!

I was speaking idiomatically.

[ MOBIUS ]
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 08:35 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 07:35 PM #302 of 496
Originally Posted by Enter User Name
Honestly, I can't name 8 times in a single season off the top of my head. That's not the point though. If it only happens 7 times, does that make it okay? The point is, it happens way too much, period. 3 times in a season is too much, let alone 5,6,7,8....every season.
I know that wasn't point, as I already knew you couldn't actually answer that question. My point is that you are over exaggerating about how many times it actually happens per season. It probably doesn't even happen three times a season like you say. I think you're just getting so caught up on hating this cliche that you're thinking it happens more than it actually does.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 09:44 PM #303 of 496
Some parts are predictable but it's all enjoyable so just enjoy it and watch it.
just for fun

FELIPE NO

Last edited by jouhou; Apr 12, 2006 at 09:46 PM.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 04:46 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 03:46 PM #304 of 496
I was really surprised by the way Heller handled the whole situation. On the one hand, I know he's a 'play by the rules' type of guy, so him screwing over Jack is reasonble, but it still didn't seem like something he would do (you would think he'd treat the guy who saved his life with some fucking dignity). But, if he was gonna play by the rules, why try to blackmail Logan at all? It seems like he would be the type of person who would just go the attorney general with the tape, but instead he's made to look almost evil in the way he goes about getting rid of Logan. They really screwed up his character, and not for any good reason, either.

And I was praying that Jack would keep the tape, even though I knew he wouldn't. The whole way that scene was setup, with the Jack/Henderson angle and the Heller/Logan angle, practically gave the whole thing away. Had this episode been the second to last episode, it could have went either way, but it was still to early for both of them fall already.

Oh, and Homeland Security is a bunch of idiots. I mean, they were able to let Chloe to slip by them in such an easy manner.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
aghast
Carob Nut

Member 2448

Level 4.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 05:31 PM #305 of 496
Originally Posted by jouhou
Oh yeah, I wasn't feeling the "James Bond" music, it was kinda corny.
Fucking right. The music usually does a decent job of complementing the action, but between the "James Bond knockoff" tunes and the terribly, terribly bad music that appeared in the episode with Theo Stoler (er, I think that was his name), it has started coming off as really cheesy.

Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
I was really surprised by the way Heller handled the whole situation. On the one hand, I know he's a 'play by the rules' type of guy, so him screwing over Jack is reasonble, but it still didn't seem like something he would do (you would think he'd treat the guy who saved his life with some fucking dignity). But, if he was gonna play by the rules, why try to blackmail Logan at all? It seems like he would be the type of person who would just go the attorney general with the tape, but instead he's made to look almost evil in the way he goes about getting rid of Logan. They really screwed up his character, and not for any good reason, either.
I was surprised as well, but it seems plausible enough when you consider what he said about a public spectacle destroying the integrity/image/whatever of the Presidency. After all, if he was willing to have his son tortured last season for the sake of getting information about a terrorist group, he probably wouldn't have any qualms about doing what he did in the last episode for the sake of protecting the image of the Presidency.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 08:49 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 06:49 PM #306 of 496
OSNAP. Obligatory most recent episode of 24 post:

Originally Posted by Jack Bauer
OUR GOVERNMENT HAS NO INTEGRITY.
Man, Heller dropped the ball on this one.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 09:59 PM #307 of 496
I can't help but wonder, with all the available technology they have, why they didn't send the recording over to some other source by phone.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
DBCE Slayer
Witness the POWER!!!

Member 779

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 10:02 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 05:02 PM #308 of 496
Originally Posted by Morrigan
I can't help but wonder, with all the available technology they have, why they didn't send the recording over to some other source by phone.
Ditto. You'd think that they'd be able to send the recording over some kind of network or something along those lines.

Spoiler:
Do you think that Jack took the tape out of the recorder. Cause he's smarter than to just throw the recorder with the tape over to Henderson.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

neothe0ne
River Chocobo

Member 461

Level 25.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 10:30 PM #309 of 496
Spoiler:
I believe there's a theory around that the recorder Jack slid to Henderson was a different shape than the one he took out of the bank.

Why do I have a feeling that Logan is working with someone else still?

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 10:31 PM #310 of 496
Originally Posted by DBCE Slayer
Do you think that Jack took the tape out of the recorder. Cause he's smarter than to just throw the recorder with the tape over to Henderson.
I don't think it's a tape-based recorder, I think it was a digital voice recorder.

That being said, I also don't know why they couldn't have made a copy.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 10:37 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 09:37 PM #311 of 496
Originally Posted by neothe0ne
Spoiler:
I believe there's a theory around that the recorder Jack slid to Henderson was a different shape than the one he took out of the bank.

Why do I have a feeling that Logan is working with someone else still?
Spoiler:
On a commercial I saw earlier today, it looked like Logan was talking to another guy that wasn't Henderson over the phone. It was only on the screen for a couple of seconds, and the scene was a splitscreen, so I'm not entirely too sure.

How ya doing, buddy?
AC1
BITCHES LOVE SMILEY FACES

Member 2165

Level 8.51

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 10:39 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 09:39 PM #312 of 496
Personally, I don't think they had enough time to do that.

-Jack & Wayne escape, bearing in mind that the martial law and the hunt for Jack is still in effect

-Jack meets Bill and tells him to take Wayne somewhere safe.

-Jack couldn't give the recording to Bill and Wayne because he was going to present it to Audrey, who in turn would reveal this to Daddy Day Care

-Jack hands Heller the recording after playing it to him.

-Heller pimpsmacks Jack and ties him up, giving the recording to Bauer Victim #2130

-Jack takes a while to escape.

-Henderson's chopper and TIME CRISIS GOONS show up just when Jack was about to high-tail outta there

-Henderson goes apeshit on Audrey while Jack has the recording, forcing him to give it up

-Chloe arrives at Bill's house to track down Jack

Had Bill known that Chloe was going to show up beforehand, everything would have went peachy. But he didn't.

Also, I like how "Where's Mike?" is becoming "Where's Curtis?" Can't have two lead black people not named Palmer on the show, eh?

I hope Aaron just left the phone there for security reasons or something. No way Nixon...I mean Logan could have known he was off.

Lastly, THAT WAS A LOT OF SPLIT-SCREENS at the end

Last edited by AC1; Apr 19, 2006 at 10:42 PM.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 10:49 PM #313 of 496
The other silly thing is that in Season 2, a nerd made a program that could fake any voice in an audio conversation with no detection. So... in 24 world, how much weight would a recording have?

Yeah, let's just forget about that, I guess.

I think it would have been the most bad-ass scene in all of 24 if when Logan asked Heller (in front of the vice president), "...and where is this evidence?", Heller pulls the audio player out of his pocket, showing that he fooled everyone about the location of the actual one (and the one that Henderson had was a fake).

Kinda like in Season 1 when Palmer fooled his wife about the location of the actual mini audio tape.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by JazzFlight; Apr 19, 2006 at 10:52 PM.
AC1

Member 2165

Level 8.51

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 10:56 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 09:56 PM #314 of 496
Originally Posted by a_jazzman
The other silly thing is that in Season 2, a nerd made a program that could fake any voice in an audio conversation with no detection. So... in 24 world, how much weight would a recording have?

That reminds me. What happened to the transcripts that Martha had until Walt took them? Destroyed, right?

Quote:
I think it would have been the most bad-ass scene in all of 24 if when Logan asked Heller (in front of the vice president), "...and where is this evidence?", Heller pulls the audio player out of his pocket, showing that he fooled everyone about the location of the actual one (and the one that Henderson had was a fake).
Ha! Heller would play that role perfectly.

6 more episodes to go. I liked how Logan brought up the Chinese to Mike, so they're not forgotten...

...or Ze Germans...

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 10:56 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 09:56 PM #315 of 496
Originally Posted by AC1
Personally, I don't think they had enough time to do that.

-Jack & Wayne escape, bearing in mind that the martial law and the hunt for Jack is still in effect

-Jack meets Bill and tells him to take Wayne somewhere safe.

-Jack couldn't give the recording to Bill and Wayne because he was going to present it to Audrey, who in turn would reveal this to Daddy Day Care

-Jack hands Heller the recording after playing it to him.

-Heller pimpsmacks Jack and ties him up, giving the recording to Bauer Victim #2130

-Jack takes a while to escape.

-Henderson's chopper and TIME CRISIS GOONS show up just when Jack was about to high-tail outta there

-Henderson goes apeshit on Audrey while Jack has the recording, forcing him to give it up

-Chloe arrives at Bill's house to track down Jack

Had Bill known that Chloe was going to show up beforehand, everything would have went peachy. But he didn't.

Also, I like how "Where's Mike?" is becoming "Where's Curtis?" Can't have two lead black people not named Palmer on the show, eh?

I hope Aaron just left the phone there for security reasons or something. No way Nixon...I mean Logan could have known he was off.

Lastly, THAT WAS A LOT OF SPLIT-SCREENS at the end
There was all that time while Jack was tied up for Heller's people to make a copy (Jack was tied up around the ten minute mark, and he didn't escape until at least about the forty minute mark, leaving about a half hour to make a copy). I'm sure they didn't plan on Henderson coming though (or Jack escaping), and they probably thought they could take him if he did, so they figured they didn't need to make a copy.

And yeah, I noticed all thos screens at the end. I'm pretty sure that was a first.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 11:34 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 09:34 PM #316 of 496
I thought what Heller did was actually pretty in character, even though it still surprised me. He's a pragmatist, and doesn't believe that taking down Logan in a messy manner would do anyone good. Especially since Jack's role in the situation would have to be made public and that really isn't good news for the US's relations with China.

Also, I think he did slip him a different recorder. The one they had in the bank was this really sleek digital looking one that I thought looked more like a thermometer than a recorder. The one Jack passed off to him was definately the old-style mini-tape recorder with a mic at the top.

Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 01:16 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 02:16 AM #317 of 496
I like when Logan said "I know my part!". Sounds like MGS2 LOLILULELO!

[ MOBIUS ]
AC1

Member 2165

Level 8.51

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 01:36 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 12:36 AM #318 of 496
Originally Posted by a_ce_combat_04
I like when Logan said "I know my part!". Sounds like MGS2 LOLILULELO!
If that wasn't enough, Chloe stoled Miles' ID Card like it was a dogtag

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 01:48 AM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 11:48 PM #319 of 496

Kinda like in Season 1 when Palmer fooled his wife about the location of the actual mini audio tape.
That would be fucking beast. Haha.

I was also toying with idea that while Logan is the "big name" involved with the events of today, I still think Henderson still has his own agenda. His "pandora-boxness" is still yet to be seen. No information has been exactly extracted from him yet.

FELIPE NO
waka waka

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 01:58 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 12:58 AM #320 of 496
Well, it could be argued that he was most likely referring to Logan's involvement when he mentioned the whole Pandora's box thing. If he had admitted that back then when he first said that, it probably would have been an "OMG WTF!?" moment, but now it just seems like he was overstating it when he mentioned all that.

Personally though, I'm still hoping that there is something bigger, something that will create an "OMG WTF!?" moment, but considering how late in the season it is, it would be hard for them to really establish another major baddie and still give them a good plot. Even using an existing character, it would be hard to do without making the plot all nonsensical and stuff.

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 02:54 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 12:54 AM #321 of 496
It was all part of poor Edgar's master plan to win Chloe's heart.

How ya doing, buddy?
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 07:36 PM #322 of 496
Even without making a copy, you'd think that a digital recording stored on a CELL PHONE would be easy to send over by email (or SMS, or phone, whatever) using the actual phone. That's quite irritating, especially since they always have the perfect gadget or software to read and analyze every sort of data (building schematics, security cameras of any building, traffic, satellite, decryption of any sort of data, etc.). And now, they are powerless to do anything with a digital recording and a cell phone.

I'm hoping Jack tossed over another cell phone, but maybe Henderson would have noticed too soon somehow and shot Audrey, and he wouldn't risk her... Hmm, we'll see.

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 07:54 PM #323 of 496
Even without making a copy, you'd think that a digital recording stored on a CELL PHONE would be easy to send over by email (or SMS, or phone, whatever) using the actual phone. That's quite irritating, especially since they always have the perfect gadget or software to read and analyze every sort of data (building schematics, security cameras of any building, traffic, satellite, decryption of any sort of data, etc.). And now, they are powerless to do anything with a digital recording and a cell phone.

I'm hoping Jack tossed over another cell phone, but maybe Henderson would have noticed too soon somehow and shot Audrey, and he wouldn't risk her... Hmm, we'll see.
Just pointing out:

...the voice recorder wasn't a cell phone. It appeared to be a digital voice recorder (or a mini-tape recorder).

Most amazing jew boots
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 08:06 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 06:06 PM #324 of 496

Okay, that program from Season 2 doesn't fake a voice, it can fake a conversation, i.e. the words (or the sounds) have to have been said by the sources. Then it could be supposedly seamlessly rearranged as desired, to create an undetectable fake recording.

waka waka

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 11:18 PM #325 of 496

I don't think anyone smart would send something this important across the Internet. There's no telling who could gain access to it if that occurred.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > 24 Season 5 Discussion