Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Heros in RPGs who you wish you could kill slowly and painfully.

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 08:37 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 07:37 PM #1 of 91
Heros in RPGs who you wish you could kill slowly and painfully.

Inspired by a post in the villains you wanted to beatdown thread:

Originally Posted by elixir
Unfortunately Flonne and Jennifer in Disgaea aren't villians, otherwise I'd love to slice them up as well. They just do not shut up.
So yeah, I know that we all frequently play RPGs and of course we never have a member of the hero party who we don't like. Yeah right. So in this thread, we will discuss heros who we cannot stand and would like to see captured, tortured, and eventually killed by our archenemies.

I know that for me, there are a couple of general types of characters who bother me. For example, the bubbly, hyperactive teenage girl characters tend to bother me. Sorry Meru {Legend of Dragoon}, but it's true, I want you to die. Characters who act foolishly due to their own ignorance and blind faith in something bother me. Sorry Wakka, but I just don't care about THE TEACHINGS MAN, THE TEACHIIIIIINGS, I hope Sin obliterates you. I don't like loud and stupid characters. Sorry Joaquim Valentine {Shadow Hearts: Covenant}, if Nicolai had stabbed you in the eye, I would not have been sad, unless I had forgotten to unequip a good accessory before it happened.

So which of your party members do you hope the bed-bugs do bite? Who do you want Sephiroth to stab next, and why?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:05 PM #2 of 91
I agree with Flonne...just not the kind of cute that I like. Her ultimate attack left me crying at how pathetically weak it is when you haven't raised Int. Best at bows and staves, always talking about the power of love, having inferior range to Laharl and Etna, Flonne can just go burn in the Sea of Gehenna.

Gordon was the most annoying with his "ho!" and snobby justice speak. I wanted him to burn from a Meteor Impact and Chaos Impact combined. What a dense fruit, make me choose between hit and attack why don't ya?

Zelha from Baten Kaitos takes the cake, with her sinfully blasphemous VA and plain boring outfit. There is nothing more to say about her abominable voice.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:14 PM #3 of 91
I could never stand Aribeth in Neverwinter Nights.
Her voice drove me to the brink of sanity, and she was even the reason why I could never make it through the entire main quest. I just could NOT stand talking to her to receive the next leg of the quest.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
DeadHorse++
zzzzz,,,,,

Member 4447

Level 9.10

Apr 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 01:23 AM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 10:23 PM #4 of 91
I wanted almost the entire cast of Final Fantasy VII to die. Especially on the first disc they were all blithering idiots in a variety of ways.

I was happy when Gremio died in Suikoden...and sad when Leknaat brought him back. Dude seriously creeped me out, constantly mothering my main character even though he's both a HE and several years older.

Eh, that'll do fer now.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Terra
Imp

Member 26

Level 7.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 03:34 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 09:34 AM #5 of 91
Originally Posted by Matt
I could never stand Aribeth in Neverwinter Nights.
Her voice drove me to the brink of sanity, and she was even the reason why I could never make it through the entire main quest. I just could NOT stand talking to her to receive the next leg of the quest.
Spoiler:
That's a shame, because you get to kill her at the end of the main quest.

My own choice would be Rosh Penin from Jedi Knight III (well, it's an action-adventure). He's a horrible, horrible character reminiscent of Jar Jar Binks. Annoying, very lame, and also a traitor. Ugh.

I was speaking idiomatically.
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 03:49 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 01:49 AM #6 of 91
I have to say Lloyd is the most annoying hero ever created. Hell everyone in Tales of Symphonia save Kratos deserved to be heaved into a large body of water with bricks tied to their feet.

I'm a big fan of mute main characters. It's very ineffectual when you hate the protagonists, at least with the mute ones, you're apathetic at best.

How ya doing, buddy?
Shirokage

Member 2300

Level 4.12

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 05:02 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 11:02 PM #7 of 91
Nowe from Drakengard 2. Falls in love with Manah at first sight, becomes a stupid love sick boy, and a loudmouth while his is trying to rescue her. (He screams her name when he was trying to sneak through enemy territory)

FELIPE NO
ComCrimson
MYV

Member 115

Level 12.39

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 08:03 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 02:03 PM #8 of 91
Yuna from FFX annoyed me constantly. She is just that type of character that i cannot stand. Waving around some poncy stick and crying at any given moment. I can't be dealing with all that over emotional stuff in games. Watching her die very slowly would bring a smile to my face

Xhela from Baten Kaitos also annoyed me. I never have her in my party (probably why i can't complete the game, her attacks work very well) because i just can't stand her. Her VA bugged the hell out of me and she took so long to do anything. I could have gone to make myself a sandwhich in the time it took her to attack.

I can't think of any others right now. Been a while since i played an RPG so i can't remember any. I'll post some more later

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Cheers B4!
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 08:21 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 08:21 AM #9 of 91
Shania from Shadow Hearts 3. SH2 had a lovely amount of depth and focus on Yuri. Not a ton on the others, but the whole premise *was* Yuri just about. SH3 lacked this level of character development and personality that I enjoyed in #2.

Shania was just a bitch. A robot woman =( "I'm out for revenge. You shut up Elder. I'm out for revenge. Look at my tush in these minishorts. I'm out for revenge."

I also felt the main heroine in Wild Arms 3 was bizarro. Every scene, someone slapped her it seemed. I chuckled along with my brother about it. Every time a storyline would come, we'd cheer for someone to slap her or something if she started to get on our nerves.

Amanda
Dive into the Heart

Member 716

Level 11.94

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:05 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 02:35 PM #10 of 91
Cloud Strife. I just...hated him. So, so much. This sums up at least one of the reasons why.

Quote:
Lili interjects, "Cloud is now a +2 ANGSTY SULLEN EMO BOY, and has decided that the best way to deal with his emotional trauma is by being an asshole to everyone."
I don't mind angst in and of itself, as long as it's done well. But not only is Cloud's angst uninteresting and over-done, he spends most of his time being a dick to everyone. His one shining moment of NOT SUCKING is the bit with Sephiroth's sword in the reactor (the part you see in Last Order). Everything after that in the timeline... Ugh. Just die already, Cloud. I would not be sad to see him torn apart by rabid wolverines.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 05:18 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 05:18 PM #11 of 91
I don't know how many times I wanted to smack Lloyd around. What a little bastard. Also, there were several occassions where I wanted to chuck a stone at Reith from Magna Carta. She's just so damn....annoying.

Squall. FF8's Squall is SO MUCH MORE of an angsty pissant than Cloud. In fact, all of the male leads in FF8 had such pathetic roles it was ridiculous. Zell, the over-hyped on pop-culture radical hyperactive GO GET 'EM KID!, and Irvine. I'm really not gonna bother with Irvine. What a fuckhead. The entire male cast of FF8 deserves to be stoned to death, save for Laguna's team.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 07:05 PM #12 of 91
As opposed to individual heroes, I'd think more along the lines of gas-chambering the entire casts for Chrono Cross (except for the dancer chick and the little alien) and FFIX (no exceptions). In both games, both groups of heroes could have been completely killed off and their respective games would have been better. The FFIX guys tried too hard to make people like them and fit into their defined roles, while the CC cast was just...there. Making guest appearances in the chamber: Rinoa (never liked her and she was never more interesting than either Selphie or Quistis, who were pushed to the side for her) and Sora (or rather, younger version of a stock-Nomura main character design with annoying voice).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 11:05 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2006, 10:05 AM #13 of 91
I really wanted Dart to die in Legend of Dragoon. Actually, I wanted everyone to die except Rose, but Dart was the worst. The game had exactly one fleshed out character and a bunch of incompetent one-note archetypes, emphasis on the incompetent part. A guy who gets his dragoon spirit stolen twice has no business being the leader. The game felt more like The Adventures of Fighter.

I sure wanted Cloud to die. I never did figure out what his problem was. All I know is that if you routinely get mind controlled by the bad guy, you might not be the best candidate to be holding onto the black materia. Just sayin'.

Navi. Fucking Navi. I wanted to stuff her in a bottle and throw her off a cliff. I could live with only three bottles.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 05:28 PM #14 of 91
I take it we're only allowed to rip on main heroes and not party members? Regardless, the only guy I really couldn't stand was Kazuki from Front Mission 3.

Kazuki has got to be the angriest character I've ever seen in an RPG. This guy gets angry over EVERY SINGLE THING, and he constantly screams his brains out to all the other characters. How could anyone stand being around this asshole? I'll take the quiet types over a guy who busts a lung every time his wisecracking friend makes a joke.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Soldier; Apr 13, 2006 at 05:30 PM.
lord-of-shadow
Never pet a burning dog.

Member 38

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 04:02 PM #15 of 91
The main hero from Suikoden 4. What is with those shorts, anyways? And that haircut? It's like they grabbed some random moron out of a terrible, terrible 80s cartoon or something.

FELIPE NO
midais
Time and Time Again

Member 696

Level 3.52

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 01:19 AM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 04:19 PM #16 of 91
Rinoa Heartily. The dumb bitch is so damn whiny and always complains when she doesn't get what she wants. Plus you have to rescue her like five times.

Most amazing jew boots
when our time is up, when our lives are done, will we say we've had our fun?
Elrasiel
Take A Last Stand - X3

Member 4186

Level 13.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 06:23 AM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 03:23 AM #17 of 91
The main character of Dragon Quest VIII. How pathetic can a hero be if he never talks and doesnt even have a personality? Link was at least interesting but that stupid hero-.- I would love to slice up he's stomache and slowly pull out he's guts....reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy slowly. Wondering if he still won't talk after that. Oh and I hate that stupid fairy bitch in Zelda - Ocarina Of Time. I could have smashed her like a stinking fly. She was so anoying. Stupid fairy whore! Should have get raped by whoever created her (preferably her father)...

Most amazing jew boots
Omega Weapon
Junya Nakano, et al.

Member 6747

Level 5.97

May 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 10:16 AM Local time: May 14, 2006, 09:16 AM #18 of 91
Reise in Tsuganai. I guess his atonement is punishment enough, but if he ever gets out of it I'll have more reason to hate him.

How ya doing, buddy?
Conqueso
Happy Ness

Member 547

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 09:27 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 09:27 PM #19 of 91
Shirley Fennes, Tales of Legendia. Rarely does a Mary Sue get on my nerves, but between her voice, her clothing, and her inability to do or decide anything for herself despite being the supposed Saviour of Her Race(tm), they couldn't make a less likeable female lead if they tried. And Harriet Campbell from the same game. Bratty little mishmash of self-contradictions.

I wouldn't kill ALL of FFX's cast. Lulu feckin' rocked. And Auron was okay.

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 12:19 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 09:19 PM #20 of 91
Tidus

Spoiler:

"MY OLD MAN???"

Shut this fucker up. Auron should've just left his ass to get demolished by Sin. I couldn't stand his design or his cheerful personality. Something about the way it was just executed pissed me off. Honestly, I didn't have that big of a porblem with him at the beginning. I was too horny off the graphics and Auron's sheer manliness to pay much attention on the negative aspects of FFX.

But then came the laughing scene.

Spoiler:

HA HA HA HA HA ........

FFX fortunately had Lulu's cleavageful win victory and Auron's hairless armpits.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Cirno; May 18, 2006 at 03:53 PM.
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 04:40 AM #21 of 91
Devo: Turn Battle Voices Off. It's nice. I had to do that when going for the chain Battle Trophies. Fayt was driving me crazy.

But, character I wanted to kill off....

Noa from legend of LeGaia. I'm not a fan of the bubbly types, but I can usually tolerate them. But Noa's arm-flapping made me want to kill her. I honestly think she's the sole reason I got rid of the game.....

Tidus Yeah...a Final Fantasy one....if he hadn't said "my old man" so many times, I probably would have liked him better....

Snowe from Suikoden IV. Whiny, arrogant, bastard. I think I'll behead him this time.....

Adray from SO3. Devo thought her choice was bad....Man, use Adray. He's just as bad, if not worse. Not to mention he "poses" in a fight.

How ya doing, buddy?
Toma
Pu.Li.Ru.La

Member 987

Level 11.46

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 11:10 AM Local time: May 18, 2006, 09:10 AM #22 of 91
Originally Posted by Leknaat
Adray from SO3. Devo thought her choice was bad....Man, use Adray. He's just as bad, if not worse. Not to mention he "poses" in a fight.
I just naturally shy away from using characters whose name comes from pig latin. I do agree with Cliff, though I think it was "Not bad! Not bad!". Yes bad. Yes bad.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 11:41 PM #23 of 91
Originally Posted by Toma
I just naturally shy away from using characters whose name comes from pig latin. I do agree with Cliff, though I think it was "Not bad! Not bad!". Yes bad. Yes bad.
Actually, I think it is "I'm bad. I'm bad." Seems Cliff leveled up and scored more deathblows than the others. That's why he talked so much. He had "Moron, know your opponent before fighting." for winning. And the other things for leveling up.

Okay...I thought of some others:

Precis and Noah from SO2. My GOD they had to have some of the most annoying lines. Precis: "Here's mister enemy!" Noah: "Do we have to hurt them?" You can guess that I never gathered all the voices...LOL

Most amazing jew boots
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 11:50 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 11:50 PM #24 of 91
Originally Posted by Leknaat
Noa from legend of LeGaia. I'm not a fan of the bubbly types, but I can usually tolerate them. But Noa's arm-flapping made me want to kill her. I honestly think she's the sole reason I got rid of the game.....
Aww that's sad. I liked Noa.

Anyway, after playing through Grandia 3, I wouldn't mind scalping Ulf and tossing him out to see. Something about him just got on my nerves. He seemed kinda shallow and basically stupid.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Ashton
GET DOWN

Member 2132

Level 14.26

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 01:32 AM #25 of 91
You people are weird and will stay weird and will always be weird. Except for that guy.

Such is the fate of anyone who thinks their hate is deserved more by anyone other than the hero of S4.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Heros in RPGs who you wish you could kill slowly and painfully.