Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Prom issues

Dyesan
hey YOU!

Member 1790

Level 17.02

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 05:00 PM #1 of 12
Prom issues

No I'm not here to play emo, just need some advice.

Here's the gist (follow it if you can, because some parts are confusing):

For your sake, here's the characters:
Me = Me
My friend = [codename] Tom
Girl1 = now dating "Tom," friend of Girl2
Girl2 = friend of Girl1, best friend w/ Girl3
Girl3 = best friend of Girl2 [minor character]

Before Tom and Girl1 got together, this is what the situation was. Tom somewhat hit it off with Girl1, I somewhat hit it off with Girl2. Later, Tom asks Girl1 - "Are you going to Prom?" Girl1 replies - only if her friends, including Girl2, went with her. (Notice he didn't actually ask HER to go to the prom WITH HIM).

Now shortly after, Tom tells me (because he think it could work out for me and Girl2), that Girl1 won't go to the prom unless Girl2 goes. Tom does want to go to the prom, therefore I supposed I'd be doing us both a favor by asking Girl2 to the prom, which I did, and was planning to do anyways.

Problem is, Girl1 really only didn't give a straight YES or NO to Tom's question ("Are you going to the prom?"). If a girl was dead set on going to the prom, the girl wouldn't answer yes if no one asked her to go to prom, and only say no if she really didn't want to go. Therefore, what Tom told me was obviously a lie, to urge me to ask Girl2.

After I asked Girl2, she then said SHE would only go, if her best friend went (Girl3). Girl3 has trouble finding a date.

Tom and Girl1 become a couple, and both agree to go to the prom with each other, regardless of anything else.

So I'm left here, day before the last day to buy a pair of tickets. I haven't spoke to Girl2 since last week (one week ago), and we're in that limbo-avoiding-each-other stage. She may have, with little possibility, showed SOME initiative to confront me, but I'm not even 5% sure about that.

Is it something a girl would do, to wait till the last moment to give me a definite answer? Call? Confront her tomorrow?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Spike
Good Chocobo

Member 642

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 05:37 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2006, 03:37 PM #2 of 12
Simple Solution: Talk to her

Just tell her that you're running out of time to buy the tickets and that you guys need to decide what's going on before it's too late. If she doesn't want to go, tell her to let you know before the last day to buy tickets comes. If she wants to go, try to talk to each other and get out of the avoiding each other mode so that it's not awkward during prom.

Most amazing jew boots
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 05:45 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 12:45 AM #3 of 12
Seriously, is there also a ''prom'' in kindergarten? 'Codename Tom'? 'Girl 2'? Uh, okay. Spike is completely right, do what he says, and that's that.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
valiant
FRIEND

Member 836

Level 18.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 05:46 PM #4 of 12
Yeah you are making it way too complicated as it is. A mere conversation regarding the situation with her would ameliorate the anxities. If she says no, then too bad and nothing can be done. If she says yes, then good for all of you guys.

Most amazing jew boots
Dyesan
hey YOU!

Member 1790

Level 17.02

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 07:08 PM #5 of 12
This should work, right?

http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?iyeobe1h9vac

I was speaking idiomatically.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 07:16 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2006, 06:16 PM #6 of 12
What, are you unable to verbally express yourself?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 08:17 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2006, 08:17 PM #7 of 12
One of my revelations of life, up there with the non existence of the tooth fairy and virgin sex is way overrated, is that high shool prom doesn't matter. I would definitely just be straight up with the lady, give her an ultimatium, and follow through accordingly. The more you stress over it, the more good times you will be wasting. Prom is real fun for that night, and you'll reflect on it for a year tops, but really, unless you took the lady you will eventually marry and start a life with, prom is really not such a big deal.

But have fun!

FELIPE NO
Spike
Good Chocobo

Member 642

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 08:34 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2006, 06:34 PM #8 of 12
Originally Posted by Hiiragi
If you're suggesting giving her a note, then no, that won't work. Why? Because she can refuse to answer it and stall. Talk to her in person and be straightforward (but don't be an ass).

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
valiant
FRIEND

Member 836

Level 18.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 10:26 PM #9 of 12
Yes if you talk in person, that leaves no space to BACK OUT! Confidence man..

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Cobra Commander
Gots to Dominate!

Member 7345

Level 13.25

May 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 01:41 AM Local time: May 25, 2006, 08:41 PM #10 of 12
Put it this way...whats the worst that could happen?

If you're not going to die then I think confronting the person is the best thing to do.

How ya doing, buddy?
valiant
FRIEND

Member 836

Level 18.98

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 04:09 AM #11 of 12
Isn't prom over by now...?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
nanashiusako
Good Chocobo

Member 4749

Level 17.91

Apr 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 09:22 AM #12 of 12
I have to agree with everyone else. Don't be afraid and just ask her what she wants!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Prom issues