Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Dual Booting Windows XP (one in English, other in Chinese)

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2008, 07:55 AM #1 of 1
Dual Booting Windows XP (one in English, other in Chinese)

So I am looking to dual boot Windows Xp with Windows Xp (yes, you read that right). I have two licenses-one in English, the other in Chinese. Before you ask, I know you can set up an IDE for Chinese characters but it doesn't effect some parts of Windows.

How would I go about this? I always hear that you should install Windows XP last with a dual boot (save for when Vista is involved) but that is kinda impossible at this point.

Note that the target computer already have Windows Xp in English installed so now I need only install the English version.

Also, note that the Chinese version is obviously not the same as the English version. For example, if you put in the windows XP CD to do a repair, it will stop you by saying it's the "wrong version". That may or may not effect dual booting the system but thought I'd throw that out there.

Ultimately, what I'd like to do is this:

Windows XP - 1st partition - 10 GB
Windows Xp (Chinese) - 2nd partition - 10 GB
3rd Partition (for all the other stuff) - rest of the space (how unfortunate that we can't just install things on here for both Windows...)

These numbers are estimates and if you have a good reason for increasing the size of the windows' partitions, I'm game. Thanks.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Dual Booting Windows XP (one in English, other in Chinese)