Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Movies/Shows you have seen recently?

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2012, 02:45 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2012, 08:45 PM #126 of 352
Just watched Fallen, a 1998 Denzel Washington film purporting to be an OMEN-esque thriller but actually not being in the least unnerving. Bit dull really.

How ya doing, buddy?
i am good at jokes
LUCKY!!!

Member 25652

Level 30.58

Oct 2007

Old Mar 3, 2012, 06:13 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2012, 07:13 PM 3 #127 of 352
Just came back from HMV, they are having crazy movie sales lately so I got me Time Bandits, The Princess Bride, Platoon, and the original The Producers from 1968.

All movies I have not yet seen, but have been looking forward to for quite a while.

Additional Spam:
well just finished watching Time Bandits, and I have to say that the Fortress of Ultimate Darkness was pretty awesome, and the film as a whole was full of quirky bits that I quite enjoyed. I wish I had seen this as a kid, I would've loved it even more back then. My GF found it freaky, but not as much as Brazil. Princess Bride is up next.

Even more low-grade processed meat:
Heh, after the Ultimate Darkness comes the ultimate suffering. In the words of Miracle Max: "I've seen worse." Seriously I can understand the love for The Princess Bride now, as this movie is just great in just about every way. The pacing is perfect, and the characters are all so well-defined and charmingly unique. I'm sure I'll watch it again before too long, just to get the few bits I missed this time around.

FELIPE NO

Juggle dammit

Last edited by i am good at jokes; Mar 3, 2012 at 11:54 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2012, 08:35 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2012, 06:35 PM #128 of 352
I recently (read: this week) started watching How I Met Your Mother since they have every season out on DVD up on Netflix streaming. I love Jason Segel and Alyson Hannigan but the real reason I love this show so much is clearly Neil Patrick Harris. If it wasn't for his character, Barney Stinson, this show would have tanked long before I even had a chance to see it.

About the only thing that annoys me on the show is the main protagonist Ted. Like, I really want to like him, but I can't get over how, even given the purposely ridiculous situations the characters get into, he's really just overly desperate to get married right from the opening frame of the show. Also, why was Britney Spears ever on this show, even as a throwaway character?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2012, 05:45 PM 6 #129 of 352
I just posted - here, now, before I edited this very entry - about how, after two nights of not sleeping well, I drank a pot of coffee and watched Videodrome.

On the previous page, there is a mention of my watching Videodrome.

I do not remember watching it before yesterday.

Oh god, something is going on here.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Misogynyst Gynecologist; Mar 4, 2012 at 05:50 PM.
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2012, 06:57 AM 1 #130 of 352
I watched "escape from New York" and "Escape from LA" in the last couple of weeks. Those are the only movies I've actually watched in a while.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:02 PM #131 of 352
Lots of middling movies with quite low expectations. A couple of surprises though.

Edge of Darkness - Seeing him in this one reminds me why I liked him in Lethal Weapon series. But yes, gosh he've gotten old. The father/daughter bits were precious though.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - LOL. Okay, couple of things. I had the sound off, so its not as offensive as it is visually. Secondly, I played Professor Layton somewhat in mostly of the second half of it. IE, also I went to the bathroom once and got something out of the kitchen once without pausing this movie. I knew not to care too much really and of course its pretty laughable. But it wasn't as OFFENSIVE as say the Happening which is still regarded as the worst (offending movie) I've seen despite of knowing to the fact that they're both shit beforehand.

Angels & Demons - I still like Tom Hanks. The premise in this one is... eh.

The Proposal - Still like Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. But she's just fucking awful in this one though. They totally lacked chemistry and couldn't save this movie really.

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - Omagnus recommendation and a very colorful surprise this is! <3 If you like zangy pixar landscape and characters, I can highly recommend this one.

Whip It - Liked Ellen Page, was recommended this one. Hardin in this one was great too. The whole bit of small town girl growing out of her shell is nice if a bit tired but the interactions with the other roller girls were great. Barrymore knows what she's doing here. Hope to see her directing stuff more.

A Serious Man - Interesting quirky movie. A very indepth and yet dry humorous look of a jewish family man trying to balance his teaching career, father, husband, brother and even neighbor and finally from his moral choices with God.

Jennifer's Body - LOL Megan Fox! She's just stupidly delicious in this one like in Transformers. But yet somehow, this movie took on a dark comedic yet campy twist instead of horror and in a way, it served this movie so much better.

Orphan - A nice surprise at the end but weighted down by other stuff. I liked the twist actually, in a way I sort of saw it coming but to see how it was made into it was pretty good. But, THAT cast though. The female lead (the mom) fucking suck. The whole deaf little girl knowing what to do is beyond stupid too.

The Last House on the Left - Took me a minute to not confuse this with The Strangers or House of the Devil which I liked so much. This one is uh... interesting, but can be done better... But yeah, its just not that memorable enough for me to care about the cast or the plot even now.

Sorority Row - LOL, I got no defense on this one, hell you may castrate me on this one. I like dumb horror flicks. But this one was pretty bad to the point to where I did felt like I wasted my time on.

Secretariat - Viewed on Instant. I randomly wanted a feel good movie with animal(s) and this movie fits the bill about lucky horse. Diane Lane was great in this one.

Bully - On Instant, random. I thought I had this on queue before since the premise sounds interesting and I liked "the bully" before in other stuff he've done. Can't remember his name off hand. But this movie was hamfisted to the point to where it was more of a PSA to teens to NOT DO, specifically AFTER the murder. The movie then just sucked.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2012, 03:28 PM #132 of 352
Edge of Darkness - Seeing him in this one reminds me why I liked him in Lethal Weapon series. But yes, gosh he've gotten old. The father/daughter bits were precious though.
Go see the original with Bob Peck.

Edge of Darkness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2012, 07:24 PM #133 of 352
Ooooh. I didn't know this was a remake of an old british movie. Thanks for the heads up!

It does explain a bit about how couple of things seemed culturally out of place. I'll watch this soon!

EDIT: Oh... err... a tv show series. o.o'

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Philia; Mar 8, 2012 at 07:39 PM.
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2012, 05:51 PM #134 of 352
Another 72 hour migraine got me to be watching a boatload of movies on instant.

Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant - This was a dvd rental and it was the absolute worst vampire movie I've ever freakin seen. It just doesn't deserve ANY notice after this. Avoid.

Daybreakers - This was my solution after CdF:TVA on instant and yet it was rather disappointing as well. :\ I liked the intro when it was all stylish and futuristic. But it really fall flat on everything else, like a hollow POS movie that was misleading in trailers. And I liked Ethan Hawke in most stuff I've seen him in.

Arang - Foreign horror

The Chameleon - Thought the premise was interesting, but the twist was something I saw coming a mile away. Still though, I ask myself why the fuck would you want to move to the Bayou Louisiana of all places.

Rabbit Hole - Liked the cast, interesting plot and definitely no fluff or bullshit lines, they all meant every word that was uttered and I liked this a lot. Nothing like pure honesty to bring this movie to the core of its premise. Definitely a good movie to reflect on when you lose a child to an accident for every unfortunate parent.

Lucky - I liked Colin Hanks in a few stuff I've seen him in. However, this one has an extremely annoying cast female lead that I didn't like very much. But this movie did well on giving the tone of how a messed up relationship can still thrive. A gold digger vs a serial killer who's victim's ticket won the lotto? XD

Trollhunter - Thought the premise would be interesting. The trolls CGI effects themselves pretty much made this movie worth watching. But everything else seemed pretty added on in a lame "yeahhhhh" way.

The Housemaid - Random, reminds me of how fucked up every rich family drama is, and the maid just happens to be one of its victims lol. Still love/remember House of Yes though lmao.

I Saw the Devil - Interesting revenge plot. But its not as fulfilling (as it shouldn't be anyway regarding any revenge in general). Good strong cast though.

Tucker & Dale vs. Evil - LOL! BEST horror comedy I've seen in fucking years. OMG. A++++++++++++++++++++ I'm a huge fan of Alan Tudyk's stuff. He delivers in this one with his buddy. This movie really was incredibly satisfying in taking back all the bullshit hillbilly horror movies and turns those fuckers around. I don't care if its very OBVIOUS placement of deaths but still its awesome!

Insidious - This one started off pretty slow. But when it gets into it, its pretty good. The bit about astral projection and coming out of there was definitely haunting in a dream like way. Its very similar to my nightmares so I give this movie a better rating than it probably deserves.

Black Death - Sean Bean! But unfortunately, he's NOT the lead. The naive witless feeble young monk is. If you have seen Season of the Witch, you'll notice some similarities to this one. However, the middle half and the ending are very different, and it served a lesson not of how one's eyes deceives you but your own mind can. There's no witchcraft here, just a very very intelligent woman with a cunning motive.

Heathers - LOL I've seen this before and it was pretty memorable enough like Clueless. Although this is probably one of the vicious 80s movies I can't hate. Christian Slater though lmao.

I also started watching a show called Fear Itself which takes on episodic tales of horror. I was a fan of Creepshow and Tales of the Crypt. So far, the episodes, Eater, Sacrifice and In Sickness and ... were all alright worth enough for me to subscribe to this.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2012, 06:37 PM Local time: Mar 11, 2012, 12:37 AM #135 of 352
Watched a fucking terrible film today called something like In the Name of the King which is Uwe Boll's take on Dungeon Siege. Easily the worst film Jason Stateham's ever been in and probably the worst film Burt Reynolds has been in too...

How ya doing, buddy?
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2012, 02:05 PM #136 of 352
Watched Road Trip for the first time last night. What is it with 90's movies and random titties? Still enjoyable.

Also re-watched the Star Trek AU movie. I really want to know how Kirk can talk at the end of the movie (unless it's like, a month later, and it really isn't) given that he's been practically choked out by members of two extremely strong species twice in what is probably a 2 hour time-frame. Whatever, griping about the unreality of movies is stupid.

It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2012, 05:07 AM Local time: Mar 17, 2012, 11:07 AM #137 of 352
Watched the recent Three Musketeers film last night and it's pretty terrible. Suffers from being brutally American (Everyone in it has an English accent except Dogtanian who is American, oh and the Cardinal who is French randomly) and they shouldn't have cast someone who looks so much like Orlando Bloom in a film starring Orlando Bloom. Avoid this and go re-watch the one with Kiefer Sutherland in (Or in fact the Olly Reed one).

Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2012, 01:31 AM #138 of 352
I watched "Project X" the other night. I got to say, I honestly enjoyed this movie. It was goofy but I think it was mostly because coming into the movie I already knew not to expect much from it.

It was just a fun party movie and that was all. I laughed alot from the random shit that went on and honestly, I've been to a lot of parties back in my day but that party made me jealous.

The girlfriend... didn't like the movie as much. 30 minutes into the movie, she started to feel ill and had to rest her head down the whole time. (I offered to take her home but nope). I think the shaky camera was making her sick and I found that kind of annoying as well.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2012, 04:20 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2012, 10:20 PM #139 of 352
Watched IP Man and IP Man 2 the other night, the story of the geezer who taught Bruse Lee. Awesome films with some comedy kung fu skills. Also watched Final Destination 5 which was much the same as the others and had annoying waving things into the screen all the time as it was probably made for 3d.

Most amazing jew boots
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2012, 09:13 PM #140 of 352
had annoying waving things into the screen all the time as it was probably made for 3d.

Neeeaaaaahhhhhh, how gross. I'll keep this in mind when I go rent this possible POS.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2012, 07:56 AM #141 of 352
Watched Super High Me in celebration of 4/20.

LOL.

Also watched both The Wedding Singer (it's cute, and about as good as I remember (which was that the movie was cute and not awful but not completely fantastic)) and Horrible Bosses. I was, for some reason, expecting the movie to be less dark. And, like most dark comedies, the funniest moment is when someone gets killed. See: Fargo, Burn After Reading, Serial Mom.

Last edited by wvlfpvp; Apr 23, 2012 at 07:59 AM.
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2012, 08:57 AM Local time: Apr 23, 2012, 01:57 PM #142 of 352
Watched Bad Taste the other night. I forgot just how much fun B movies can be. Derek's car is... majestic.

How ya doing, buddy?
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:57 AM 1 #143 of 352
Watched The Keep, which was Michael Mann's second film. A demonic presence unleashed in Romania during a Nazi Occupation. Its not good horror but its pretty fun supernatural thriller and Ian McKellan really hams it up.

Cave Of Forgotten Dreams was stellar but I love me some Herzog.

And Duck Soup. Without the musical numbers, its the greatest comedy of all time. With the musical numbers, its a musical.

Most amazing jew boots
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2012, 12:20 PM Local time: Apr 23, 2012, 10:20 AM #144 of 352
Just watched the entire Toy Story saga this past week.

Never realized I had not watched TS2, and also never realized how much Pixar loves to reference their old movies.

For example, in Cars, the top racing team Dinoco is a gas station chain in Toy Story.

I think I might re-watch all the Pixar movies in my spare time just to dish out some of this mundane info that no one really cares about.

wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2012, 02:19 PM #145 of 352
I should not be as excited as I am that Eerie, Indiana is available in its entirety on Netflix. Although no spin-off/sequel series.

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2012, 02:26 PM 1 #146 of 352
Eerie, Indiana is available in its entirety on Netflix
You just stole a week of my life from me. There will be an accounting.

Most amazing jew boots
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2012, 05:16 AM Local time: Apr 25, 2012, 10:16 AM #147 of 352
I forgot to mention that we got round to watching Submarine the other night. A heavy visual nod to Wes Anderson in places, and it's full of quirkiness too. I think Ayoade has made a fantastic début. I definitely want to read the book, for the unused parts and just to understand the transition made.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Bernard Black; Apr 25, 2012 at 05:20 AM.
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:53 AM #148 of 352
You just stole a week of my life from me. There will be an accounting.
American Gothic was on Netflix but it seems to have been removed. Shit. That was pretty good but I think they messed up the episode order?

American Gothic (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most amazing jew boots
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2012, 04:02 PM #149 of 352
To further ruin lives, Netflix also has Beakman's World.

DjMeas
~VGM Composer~

Member 2154

Level 15.68

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2012, 02:56 PM Local time: May 6, 2012, 12:56 PM #150 of 352
Just watched the entire Toy Story
Never realized I had not watched TS2, and also never realized how much Pixar loves to reference their old movies.
I totally love Toy Story but I'm in the same boat. I never saw #2 for some odd reason. I don't even have an urge to watch it either hahaha, but I'm sure it was great!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Movies/Shows you have seen recently?