Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Dating criteria

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2008, 06:45 PM #1 of 43
Dating criteria

I've been told I'm extremely picky when it comes to dating... And I don't deny it for a second. Personally, I think it's good to have high standards, but when it yields fewer results, well, that's when it sucks. Regardless, I do have a few rules that must be met for me to date a girl:

1. BRAINS. I will not date a stupid girl. Period. Even clumsy girls get on my nerves in extreme cases. This is my most important criteria.

2. Able to enjoy/discuss movies. And not shitty movies, either. If a girl's idea of a night out at the movies is going to see Meet the Spartains, she's out.

3. Able to match wits. I am constantly breaking balls and/or destroying people's spirits. I need a girl who won't buckle under that sort of pressure and can take some teasing without crying.

4. Moderately attractive. I'm not as picky when it comes to looks.

Narrows the playing field, sure, but depending on the girl I can sometimes buckle if she meets three out of four.

What are some of your criteria for dating?

How ya doing, buddy?
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2008, 07:55 PM 1 #2 of 43
1.) Intelligence.
The priority. I will not compromise on this one. A person has got to be able to discuss things on a level which goes deeper than the weather. Nothing annoys me more than stupidity.
2.) Maturity.
I've about had it with men who sit around, do nothing, and expect the world to come to them. At this point in my life, I don't want anyone in my life who incessantly watches anime, hasn't got a job, is in a band (don't ask), drinks or smokes excessively, or has no priorities as far as money is concerned.
3.) Sense of identity.
I don't like people who are confused about who they are, or have very little sense of self. I expect my mate of choice to know what they like, have opinions on things, and stands up for what they believe in.
Looks don't really factor in to this formula. I've said it a million times, and I'll say it again: what's attractive to me is in the head, not in the body. I don't expect everyone to agree with that, but it's how I roll.

I like a particular sense of intrigue about my mate, too. I like it when I am surprised by a thought process, or when they can problem solve with me. I love problem solvers.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2008, 08:01 PM #3 of 43
I try so hard not to be swayed by looks, but I dunno, I just can't bring myself to do it. It makes me feel shallow, but that's just how I am, I guess.

I fully agree on the whole sense of identity thing too. Kelly had no clue who the fuck she was and that drove me up the wall.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2008, 09:17 PM #4 of 43
1. She can't be annoying. This factors in multiple things. Intelligence, personality, interests, viewpoints. Basicly if someone's stupid, overly pushy about opinions I don't agree with, or seriously has absolutely nothing in common with me. Then chances are I'm not going to give them another look. The best looks in the world aren't going to mean crap to me if I can't stand the person.

2. She can't be lazy. I'm not exactly a financially well off person myself, but some of my friends have dated girls who work 1 day a week and then bitch about how they hate going to work. I don't know how anyone could stand being with someone that lazy. And it's not like they want to be housewives either because they don't do anything at home either except mope around and bitch.

Looks honestly aren't much of a factor for me. I mean... I don't think I could date someone who was like say deformed or something. But one girl that I was obsessed with for awhile, once my feelings faded away I realize she wasn't that good looking.

Some people have told me I need to lower my standards, but they're all people who have been in failed relationships so.... not having been in a relationship doesn't bother me so much.

How ya doing, buddy?

"Out thought and out fought."
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Feb 27, 2008, 09:31 PM Local time: Feb 27, 2008, 11:01 PM #5 of 43
1.) Intelligence.
The priority. I will not compromise on this one. A person has got to be able to discuss things on a level which goes deeper than the weather. Nothing annoys me more than stupidity.
2.) Maturity.
I've about had it with men who sit around, do nothing, and expect the world to come to them. At this point in my life, I don't want anyone in my life who incessantly watches anime, hasn't got a job, is in a band (don't ask), drinks or smokes excessively, or has no priorities as far as money is concerned.
3.) Sense of identity.
I don't like people who are confused about who they are, or have very little sense of self. I expect my mate of choice to know what they like, have opinions on things, and stands up for what they believe in.
Looks don't really factor in to this formula. I've said it a million times, and I'll say it again: what's attractive to me is in the head, not in the body. I don't expect everyone to agree with that, but it's how I roll.

I like a particular sense of intrigue about my mate, too. I like it when I am surprised by a thought process, or when they can problem solve with me. I love problem solvers.

God I love you Sass, you hit the nail right on the head in terms of dating criteria for myself. To be honest I haven't had much success with dating since I've only dated two girls in my entire life and I'm marrying the second one.

I just have this thing, I can't ask random people out on a date. I have to know them for an extended period of time, and be their friend first, before it goes past that level.

To me I enjoy people who are intelligent and love to debate about various topics and such. I don't enjoy people who use their intelligence to think that they're better than everybody else. What makes the concept of intelligence especially when it comes to being with a significant other is the ability to disagree with one person's frame of mind but never disrespect them for it. I'm proud to say that the woman I'm marrying shares that same belief as much as I do.

In terms of maturity is absolutely a requirement, if you don't have a rough idea of what you want to do with your life and you expect things to fall in place for you than thats an automatic turn off. I love people who have drive in their lives, and know exactly what they want out of their life and how they're going to attain it.

In terms of sense of identity, I enjoy someone who has a great sense of comfort about themselves. They can be who they want to be, and not care what anybody else thinks. They're willing to live their life how they want to live it, and not afraid to be who they are. As long as you believe in not pushing someone into a direction they do not want to be in; in the first place then that shows how comfortable you are with yourself and how much you are willing to respect another person's choices.

I'd be lying if I didn't say looks didn't play some sort of a factor. I try not to be a shallow person, but if there isn't any physical attraction then its not going to work.

As silly as this sounds, you know when it comes to me dating somebody, this is one of the first questions that appears in my mind. That question is, Is this a person I can see myself being with for the rest of my life? I'll probably be highly criticized for asking myself that but I sure as hell don't want waste their time as much as it is wasting my own time. Maybe thats the one reason why I haven't dated many people in my life, and I might of missed out on a lot of great things but still the way I choose to be, pointed in the right direction of the most wonderful woman I could ask for.

I am picky when it comes to dating, because the only people I've ever dated are really close friends that I've known for a while, but even as sprotuicus has said, that being picky can yield to fewer results, given enough time and patience they'll always lead to the best results.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Feb 27, 2008, 10:54 PM #6 of 43
My criteria are as follows:

#1) Personality - She doesn't need to be my intellectual rival but she'd damn well better be interesting. Maybe she's funny or is a trivia buff. Perhaps she has some interesting hobbies about which she's quite passionate. The details don't matter too much as long as there's a spark of life beneath the exterior. She should possess just a bit of childish silliness, the sort that causes her to dash into a toy store on an impulse or which doesn't mind a short-lived food fight. Charisma goes a long way with me.

#2) Pride - I don't mean ego. I mean a healthy sense of self-esteem. Faith in herself and her capabilities. I'm not one to entertain insecurities or emotional bouts of self-pity. Her sense of self-worth should not be contingent upon my presence - or anyone's - in her life. Even if she's not the best-looking person, she should be satisfied with who she is and take no guff. If she can unleash a decent burp in private, then laugh about it, I can totally dig.

#3) Appearance - I won't lie, this is important to me. I'm not implying that the woman must be drop-dead gorgeous or anything. Simply, she must be well-kept and practical about it. Unchecked obesity will not work for me. Neither will being a human stick figure. Don't be afraid to eat a ribeye steak with baked potato but don't top it off with a double slice of cheesecake. I'm not into girls who dress for shock value either. That means Goths are out and so is anyone with a ton of piercings or tattoos. Sensibility is the key.

#4) Philosophy - There has to be some compatibility here. I have particular spiritual beliefs and though they're very open-minded, I would not enjoy being in a relationship with someone whose belief system could allow no room for my own. We don't have to agree on each detail - indeed, these contrasts make for great conversation - but some overlap is required for the sake of a peaceful coexistence.

#5) Motivation - I don't expect anyone to move mountains but I won't abide by inaction. She must be employed. I don't care if she's a CEO or if she folds shirts at JC Penney so long as she gets out of the house and contributes something to society. Money isn't an issue for me because I've never been in the game for riches anyhow. But I work hard despite my own physical limitations and I feel it makes me a stronger person. I respect the same value in others.

I don't feel as though I'm asking for the moon with these criteria.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2008, 01:08 AM Local time: Feb 28, 2008, 12:08 AM #7 of 43
I think my criteria are more or less summed up by combining Sass and Crash's points. And I really don't think that I'm asking too much...especially since, as Sass already said, looks almost never factor into the equation for me. All the guys I've ever been seriously interested in would never be considered attractive by the general population -- but their personalities are the type that most people can't help but like.

1) Intelligence:: I'm not saying that a guy has to be a rocket scientist, but I at least want to be on a similar level. I think it's great when a guy is more knowledgeable in areas I'm less experienced in (and vice versa), but I want some common ground as well.

2) Motivation:: Guys that like me tend to be the type that want me to motivate them, because I've always been the kind of person who does a lot of stuff and is self-motivated. I can't think of anything less attractive than somebody who wants me to help them live their life, or give their life direction: that's not the role I want in a relationship. He needs to have his own individual goals/dreams/ideas that he's working towards, and if he wants me to support him then I am more than happy to oblige.

3) Maturity:: I'm pretty sure that this would coincide with the other two points, because if a guy doesn't have a certain level of maturity, then my previous criteria will probably not be fulfilled either. That doesn't mean I dislike a guy acting childish or silly...that's actually very endearing. Just the attitude towards life in general needs to be from a more mature perspective. I know that age is just a number, but I find that guys in my age range tend to be a bit too immature for me to be anything but friends with them; most of the guys I've dated or have been attracted to are at least 3 years older than me.

4) Sense of Humor:: It seems kind of insignificant, but the people who know me IRL know that I love to laugh, and for that a guy needs to be somewhat tolerant of my bubbly nature. Or perhaps wants to encourage it.

FELIPE NO
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Feb 28, 2008, 03:20 AM Local time: Feb 28, 2008, 12:20 AM #8 of 43
1. Intelligence

There's not much I have to say about this quality. I just know that the person has to be able to hold an intelligent conversation for at least an hour.

2. Confidence

Not arrogant or loud. But certainly not quiet or shy. Someone who's able to walk confidently, hold his head up, and who has good communication skills with those around him in general. He also has to be able to adapt to the different personalities that are out there. For example, I'd be impressed if my significant other was able to adapt to my father's personality while also knowing how to deal with the dynamic personalities of each of my close friends.

3. Maturity

He should act appropriately depending on the situation, and should be equal to me or further along in terms of school or a career. If the person is younger, I wouldn't mind dating him as long as he's responsible and has direction in his life. Someone who whines is irritating, and someone who isn't considerate will not impress me.

4. Sense of Humor

I should have put this quality up higher. Someone who is fun to be with but certainly not irritating. Something I've recently discovered is that I tend to enjoy the company of a date if we're able to bounce jokes off each other without much explanation or effort. It may sound simple, but very rarely have I met someone that caught my attention that I could do this with. All my closest male friends meet this criteria, and another person outside my circle whom I met two months ago was also quite good at this.

5. Physical Appearance

This is important from a practical point of view. Someone who looks clean and obviously keeps himself well-kept (hair, face, clothing). He doesn't need to cause me to turn my head the first time I see him (although that would be a bonus), but I should be physically attracted to him.

How ya doing, buddy?
Minoko
夢唄

Member 1108

Level 18.07

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:58 AM Local time: Feb 28, 2008, 11:58 PM #9 of 43
hmmm I've always given this idea a thought but Its is never the same. I read somewhere that a person's preference are usually a bit unstable. Well I'll try to write the core of it...

1. Aura - I have no other way of putting it. The person should have this certain presence. I can't explain but it is something I see in very few people. I think I've seen this trait in only one person in my entire lifetime.

2. Not to Philosophical - Yes I don't mind being bombarded by philosophical question except when I can't explain something. I have a hard time explaining things like God or those unseen forces. I've never had so much patience with philosophy.

3. Not to touchy or speech reliant - Most of my friends know that I do not like being hugged. Also I am the type of person that is hard to be comforted by words. (Unless the person is really really good with words). Just being there helps me out already..Although I may not say it is.

4. Doesn't have to be so brainy - I've been alive long enough to know that the batch Magna Cum Laude or Valedictorian doesn't always end up ok in the working world. Just as long as th person can do better math than me and can get decent work, its ah ok. (Trust me I ain't that good in Math)

5. Can keep a tune - nothing pisses me off more than a note out of tune. It makes me cringe. I don't really care if the voice isn't as good as mainstream singers, just as long as the person can keep a decent tune. (hmm I can always teach though)

6. Patient - in many ways...but must know when to smack me when I get too hard-headed.

as for looks...I think it falls under number one. The person doesn't have to look drop dead gorgeous...just presentable.
I think this is a lot oh wells.

How ya doing, buddy?

from the makers of Death Note!! Bakuman.
Am happy..because AgitoXIII and Parasite Eve 3 is a comin to the PSP!!
Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2008, 01:22 PM Local time: Feb 28, 2008, 11:22 AM #10 of 43
I'm already married, so I'll put my criteria out there as definite advice for the single guys...

#1: RESPECT

This is really hard to tell, even when you're still in the beginning stages of dating. But deeper into a relationship, it's critically important. It's may sound chauvinistic, but a lot of men's self-worth floats on their ego. And the majority of their ego floats on how the person they spend the most time with sees them. There are many levels to repsect, but you have to make sure that it's maintainable through the thick AND the thin.
Guys, if a woman isn't willing to respect you and be there to help you even if you turn out to be a fuck up, then she's only digging for gold.
Girls, if you aren't willing to maintain what you think of your significant other despite his seemingly worst moments, then don't even bother.

#2: COMMON INTEREST

There's got to be at least one or two things that you guys love to do together, than are consistent hobbies. Not fads. Going to the disco is fine, but you two won't like doing it for the rest of your lives. Make sure your hobbies are in tune. If she thinks your hobbies are stupid, or doesn't want to try them out with you, find somebody who will. And in return, you should be willing to try (and enjoy) some of the things she does. It's a two way street.

#3: RESPONSIBILITY:

Whether it's raising the kids, or help you pay rent, the lady will probably end up living with you doing some kind of task. I personally don't believe women should work unless there's no other choice, but she has to be willing to help you out somehow, someway. If she doesn't work, she should clean up the house, do the laundry, cook dinner. She has to be able to take care of stuff if you break a leg, shit like that. Don't date a lazy girl, one who's out to get a free ride. If she's used to being with people who take care of everything for her, and you're not willing to do that, don't get involved.

#4: ATTRACTIVENESS

I'm going to assume that if you get with somebody, you consider them to be attractive enough for your liking. Of course, there is a natural aging process from there, and pregnancy can be a doozy if not worked off, but I really despise women who think that if they paint their fingernails, get their hair done, and slap on some paint that nobody will notice the other 200 pounds below their neck. If extra weight bothers you (as it does most guys), don't date a girl unless she works out. Girls who don't know how to work out probably won't ever bother to learn how. And once most people settle down, they somehow figure their partner will be okay with them gaining some weight. This of course, goes both ways.

How ya doing, buddy?
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 29, 2008, 12:59 AM #11 of 43
I personally don't believe women should work unless there's no other choice, but she has to be willing to help you out somehow, someway. If she doesn't work, she should clean up the house, do the laundry, cook dinner. She has to be able to take care of stuff if you break a leg, shit like that. Don't date a lazy girl, one who's out to get a free ride. If she's used to being with people who take care of everything for her, and you're not willing to do that, don't get involved.
I find it interesting that you think a woman shouldn't work. Why do you feel this way? Do you think she's not as capable as earning the bulk of the money? (Just speculating)

It's particularly interesting how you've got these roles assigned for the woman and the man. Where did this come from?

In my case, I am generally the bread-winner. And I do a damned good job of it. I make sure the bills are paid, the food is in the fridge, and that my man is comfortable. Is that wrong in your opinion?

Zephyrin

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 29, 2008, 05:05 PM Local time: Feb 29, 2008, 03:05 PM #12 of 43
Neither the time or the place. That was simply an interjection of my own bias.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old Feb 29, 2008, 05:09 PM #13 of 43
I personally don't believe women should work unless there's no other choice, but she has to be willing to help you out somehow, someway. If she doesn't work, she should clean up the house, do the laundry, cook dinner. She has to be able to take care of stuff if you break a leg, shit like that. Don't date a lazy girl, one who's out to get a free ride. If she's used to being with people who take care of everything for her, and you're not willing to do that, don't get involved.
Any girl that's not lazy and gold-digging probably won't be satisfied with a stay-at-home relationship. Generally, being not-lazy corresponds with having motivation to, you know, do things.

Zephyrin

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2008, 05:13 PM Local time: Mar 1, 2008, 03:13 PM #14 of 43
Goddamnit, I'll fucking edit it out if you guys don't like it that much.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2008, 06:13 PM #15 of 43
What's wrong with a good conversation, Zephy? =/

((I agree with Arainach, not surprisingly. But there are women like that to be found!))

FELIPE NO
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2008, 10:58 PM #16 of 43
Oh, yeah, since I posted I guess I have to post my criteria.

1. Intelligence - it's a must, sorry. If I can't have a good conversation on a wide variety of topics with you, it isn't going to work.

2. Sense of Identity - I learned this the hard way. I've been seeing my current GF for about 16 months, and about a year into it I realized she had no strong sense of self. While she was professionally getting places, she had no personal life outside of her family and me and rarely if ever expressed personal opinions on things. It slowly drove me insane until I confronted her over it. It was rocky for a month or so, but eventually I accepted why some things were the way they were and she started opening up and expressing herself more, which helped things a lot. Anyone will tell you communication is necessary for a good relationship, and if one person has nothing to communicate, it'll fail.

3. Maturity - sorry, I'm quite tired of the typical college 'hay let's go get drunk and watch MTV' attitude. I much prefer spending time around people who actually care about the world around them, where it's going, and how they fit into it.

And I just now noticed that I might as well have said 'I agree with Sass'. Not that that's really unexpected. Doh.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Thanatos
What?!

Member 1546

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2008, 01:26 AM Local time: Mar 2, 2008, 02:26 PM #17 of 43
You guys are pretty picky when it comes to mates. As for me, bleh.

Well, I usually look at cute girls, (at this age, I'm looking at pretty faces and hot bodies, so yeah, I'm pretty darn shallow right now).

Despite that however, I usually find myself talking to people who I feel can hold a decent conversation without going into things like their favourite bands, who's the cutest guy in class, that kind of thing.

It's still that confusion period for me, trying to decide whether I should go for looks or a decent amount of personality and intellectual chemistry. However, I wouldn't be surprised if I somehow chose a brainless pretty lady as my life partner.

How ya doing, buddy?
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Mar 3, 2008, 01:14 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2008, 12:14 PM #18 of 43
Wow you guys have a lot of things you look for I only have one on my list

1. PERFECTION - This means you're hot, not a shithead, intelligent with a sense of humor, loads of common sense and a healthy sex drive, you're honest and communicative and you want me, you respect me and yourself and you know who you are and where you're going in life.

But really if you take all the subpoints in there, you've got my list - not necessarily in order of priority, though. I don't care how hot the girl is if she acts like a shithead or can't/won't communicate.

Digging deeper, there's a lot more to it - I've met tons of girls who are smart, attractive, funny, and have a sense of purpose. Dozens, maybe even a hundred. But if you can show me someone who's complete in herself, who's comfortable enough with herself to know when to slow everything down, to linger in a moment just for the sake of the moment - someone who can appreciate romantic, one-in-a-million moments without FORCING them but just letting them happen... anyone whose passion for life is what defines them, not what they are aspiring for or who they keep company with... show me THAT girl, and I believe I'll have found perfection.

EDIT: Clearly, though, I won't know all this about the girl until after I've started dating her, so she really only needs to meet some/most of it for me to start wanting to discover her.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Ayos; Mar 3, 2008 at 01:18 PM.
Smelnick
Banned

Member 12225

Level 26.09

Sep 2006

Old Mar 3, 2008, 01:22 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2008, 01:22 PM #19 of 43
Hmmm...

Usually I go for a girl with a decent level of intelligence. If she laughs at my jokes, that's a definite plus, but if anything, she needs a sense of humour. I hate serious people. I also look for girls with the same morals as mine. I take pride in having a certain level of self discipline and uphold a certain level of morality. A girl with a lower state of morals only brings your own down.

Hydra
Delicious and vitamin fortified.

Member 1243

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2008, 01:54 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2008, 11:54 AM #20 of 43
Belief in God, but a willingness to ask questions about him.
This is my most important criteria, and the only requirement. The explanation goes into Zephyrin's comment about having a common interest, for me this is my most important interest and the one concept in my life philosophy that doesn't change. If we can't agree on it then my decisions and modus operandi will cause major conflict even if I don't (and I never have) set out to make him agree. If we have that, we can find common ground on anything. Blind faith, though, is an untested one, and I don't want him to fall apart on me when he discovers what science has learned.

Lust.
(... for life, though a healthy libido is good.) Perhaps passion would be a better word. It's a big world out there, I want to explore it and learn about it. It's important that he want to come with me. Even if his interests are narrow he must have some spark in him that makes life interesting. Few things are as unattractive to me as apathy.

Cleanliness.
Personal hygiene is very important. It doesn't matter so much whether he's handsome, but I have a very sensitive sense of smell and an aversion to unkempt hair that can be very distracting.

Once those three are met, the rest is a matter of patience and open-mindedness, and I can work with it. He doesn't have to be brilliant, it would be nice to have a clever spouse but my need for conversation doesn't have to be met by him exclusively. Neither does he need to meet all my material or emotional needs, in fact, I'd prefer not to rely on any one person for those. Some things that I'd find attractive, but don't necessarily need are long hair, a fit body, winsome personality, ability to sympathize, an understanding of programming, math geekery, strong personality, and sense of direction in life.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2008, 03:19 PM #21 of 43
For me I'm not a picky man but I do have a criteria.

1> She's must have a sense of humor-- I'm a constant running joke and I spit out random comments left and right. I like it when a girl laughs or giggles. I think thats when they're the most attractive. She must also be able to get me to laugh, smile or giggle.

2> She has got to be able to hold a conversation. I'm not much of a conversationalist but I love listenting to people talk and being able to give my input on what they say. Now when I say hold a conversation, i don't mean talking about make up or silly shit like that, I want someone that will be able to tell me about their day or something that really bugs them or that they find interesting and share it with me. Must have brains. I'm not asking for a genius but I'm not looking for a stereotypical blonde. Must be open minded and not just be another "yes" girl or "it" girl. I like it when a woman can voice their opinion. I also like it when a girl is open minded enough to try new things and to try to share in my likes and lets me share in her likes.

3>Not a golddigger. Do I really need to explain.. there is a reason why I have gotten soo close to debt soo many times.

4> Clean-- I don't mean OCD clean but at least not messy. I have date girls that have been uber messy and god, I get repulsed.

DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2008, 04:51 PM #22 of 43
1. PERFECTION - This means you're hot, not a shithead, intelligent with a sense of humor, loads of common sense and a healthy sex drive, you're honest and communicative and you want me, you respect me and yourself and you know who you are and where you're going in life.
You know, you kinda said alot of things other people said but listed it all as one thing. That doesn't really make your list any shorter...

"Out thought and out fought."
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2008, 05:23 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2008, 12:23 AM #23 of 43
I'm surprised so many people don't care about looks judging from this thread. It seems to be more the ladies than the guys, which I can sort of understand I guess. But for me, looks are actually super important. I wonder how you go about stepping up to someone and ask them out though?

Anyway, the two super-important things I look for in a girl are looks and shared taste/interests.

Looks doesn't necessarily mean she has to be a model or something, I go for buxom rather than bulimic, but I do want some level of physical beauty in my dates. I want to be able to be proud of her. I know that sounds really petty and selfish, but honest--I've dated someone who I was reluctant to introduce to my friends because of what she looked like, and that just doesn't work.

Secondly, similar taste to me. This is a really big deal to me, I have to date a girl that enjoys music a LOT and plays video games (or at least appreciates them), and generally likes modern technology and capitalism and shit like that. Once again this is something that I've come to learn over the years with experience. This one's troublesome though, it seems really hard to tell when you start dating whether someone really shares interests with you. At first it's all stuff you both like, like bands or movies or whatever. But that doesn't necessarily mean it will work out in the long run.

Intelligence isn't a huge deal to me I have to say, I am FAR from the smartest person in the world, so I don't feel like I should judge people on that too much, although there are limits I guess.

All the usual things (sense of humor, self-actualized, independent, mature) are all quite important too for that "ideal mate", but they're absolutely lower than those two main things on my list.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by surasshu; Mar 3, 2008 at 05:25 PM.
Divest
Banned

Member 3267

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2008, 05:29 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2008, 03:29 PM 3 1 #24 of 43
1) Tits -- She's gotta be a C cup or larger. Anything less is just disgusting and I don't want to deal with it.
2) Waist size -- 6 or smaller, 6 is pushing it. Special accomodations can be made for naturally obese girls who just barely miss the "6" mark (read: corset).
3) Eyes -- Her eyes have to be exotic. None of the above means anything if she's got regular eyes. They have to look exotic and foreign, even if she's not. Extra credit will be issued if she is from another country and she looks stereotypical to her region.
4) Shaved clam -- I hate hairy girls. It gets in the way, doesn't feel good, and just makes shit look unkept. Razor thin or nothing goes in!!!

Turn-offs:
A) Goals
B) Ambition
C) Bad cook
D) Doesn't like beer
E) Periods
F) Poor
G) Doesn't do anal

Optional qualities (shit that doesn't really matter in the long run):
A) Personality
B) Brains

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The_Melomane
Go forth and become a happy cabbage

Member 20147

Level 17.46

Feb 2007

Old Mar 3, 2008, 05:41 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2008, 04:41 PM #25 of 43
I think intelligence is the main factor for me. The guy can be okay looking, but as soon as I find out he's passionate and intelligent, it's a total turn on. I recently found out one of the guys I was talking to is working on his PhD and the first thing I thought was That's hot. It's weird that that's my primary determinate of "hotness" and dateability, but it is what it is.

I think humor/looks are probably a good second. The funnier a guy is, the more attractive he seems. I like it when guys smile or are goofy. However silly doesn't mean immature. I'd very much prefer a mature guy. I don't have much requirements in terms of looks. I prefer that he be taller than me(which isn't very hard) and that he not be obese. If I can't hug him, that sort of makes me .

He also has to be independent. I don't want someone who feels they need to spend every waking moment with me. We each have our own lives outside of each other, as well as other friends. It's important to me that both our friends get the attention they deserve. "Bros before Hos" I guess.

Honesty is also a big one. I guess I'd put it at the top. As a rule I don't lie. In fact, for the most part I'm honest to a fault. It's gotten me in trouble, but I don't care. I'd rather someone be truthful with me than lie. In the end things hurt less if you tell the whole truth.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Dating criteria