Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Final Fantasy XIV

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2014, 10:44 AM #51 of 58
I'm playing as a catguy Dragoon on Hyperion. Even the Backloggery free company is about 80% deserted these days, since I think most people quit when they finished the main story. I still have two levels to go before I can do that, but I'd like to at least try running the Crystal Tower and the other endgame dungeons. Well, except for the Binding Coil. I have no interest in min/maxing, long raids, and other typical endgame crap, so I don't know how much longer I'll stick with it once I beat the story. I tend to get easily sidetracked by crafting and mining, so progress has been slow lately.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2014, 11:09 PM #52 of 58
I can tell you that, of all the endgame stuff, Binding Coil is really a small part of it. There's a lot of stuff you can run repeatedly to get the tomestones to get good gear, and the hard mode and extreme mode boss fights are simple enough to go in and try without feeling like you need to commit a long period of time to them.

In case anyone cares (they don't), I'm Bhatu'to Dhorajii on Excalibur. I'm a catboy dragoon who has a zenith'd relic and a bunch of philosophy gear. Yay me!

e: And when the new patch comes out that adds more turns to Binding Coil, the old ones will get turned into more standard pick up dungeon things and made easier. So non-raiders do get to see it eventually.

Unrelated: Someone made a Facebook page for their FFXIV character. They talk to their character, and their character talks back. I want to kill myself.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Jan 30, 2014, 01:05 AM #53 of 58
I was originally in the Backloggery FC when it started up, but transferred to Balmung when they were having that free transfer period, cause I expected it to die out quite a bit (just like the FFXI linkshell did)... Ah well.

Binding Coil is kinda fun, actually. I've only done the first two turns, though. Got some decent gear out of it!

I was speaking idiomatically.
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Adol
Wind of the Plains.

Member 17840

Level 9.35

Jan 2007

Old Jan 30, 2014, 01:15 AM Local time: Jan 30, 2014, 01:15 AM #54 of 58
That is kind of horrifying, and yet totally what I expect from the average Miqo'te player.

Also, does anyone else play this game on Radeon hardware, and if so, is it more problematic than the usual bluescreens/dead fans/cards dying within one year that you would expect from an average Radeon card? I get random yellow flickering from time to time, and for some reason turning off the 30FPS frame limiter makes the game unbearably laggy even on minimal graphics settings.

Can't wait to blow my tax refund on a GTX 660 because jesus christ how the mighty have fallen.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Jan 30, 2014, 02:14 AM #55 of 58
I use a Radeon HD 77xx (I forget which model exactly) and haven't had any issues with FPS or anything. I have pretty decent graphics settings and turned off the limiter, generally get 62-65 FPS unless something REALLY crazy is going on (like those new Crossover FATEs on the first day or two).

FELIPE NO
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2014, 05:37 PM #56 of 58
I tried playing this out of loyalty and the 7 or so years I spent in FFXI. But packet loss problems, and well, the some what isolating community couldn't keep me around.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Scent of a Grundle
Mountain Chocobo

Member 32415

Level 28.14

Dec 2008

Old Aug 1, 2014, 06:06 PM Local time: Aug 1, 2014, 05:06 PM #57 of 58
So they've come out with a free trial program, if there's anyone left who hasn't tried this game and is still interested in giving it a spin.

FINAL FANTASY XIV

Also, they've started a recruit-a-friend program with some neat rewards, so if anyone does decide to play let me know because i want that two person chocobo dangit

How ya doing, buddy?
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2014, 07:26 PM #58 of 58
Yeah, I wouldn't mind that EXP boosting circlet from friend referral either if anyway decides to sign up.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Tags
i thought ur mad on me, sori to bother you tail

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Final Fantasy XIV