Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] Wind of Nostalgia (drawing Skies of Arcadia comparisons on a forum near you)

Hindman
Good Chocobo

Member 3792

Level 15.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2008, 06:28 AM Local time: Jul 5, 2008, 04:28 AM #1 of 8
Wind of Nostalgia (drawing Skies of Arcadia comparisons on a forum near you)

Story and 9 scans
-World-map navigation apparently done heavily via airship.
-Airship battles + regular party battles
-Theme of exploration present
-They're from "London," but uh...this is Japanized video game London, so...let's say they're from someone's depiction of almost-kinda-London.
-By Red Entertainment, Matrix (the FF3/FF4 remake guys), and Tecmo.
-2008 for Japan

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2008, 08:49 AM Local time: Jul 5, 2008, 06:49 AM #2 of 8
Eh, what the hell. If Sega won't make a real Skies 2, I may as well get behind a game that borrows a lot of elements from the original.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hindman
Good Chocobo

Member 3792

Level 15.57

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2008, 07:31 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2008, 05:31 PM #3 of 8
http://rpgland.com/wind-of-nostalgia/wind-...lgia-8-screens/

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2008, 07:43 PM #4 of 8
Wow, I missed this thread before. This looks like it'll be a fantastic game as long as they don't royally screw it up. The airship battle system looks really similar to SoA, and that's really all that matters.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Hindman
Good Chocobo

Member 3792

Level 15.57

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2008, 12:11 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2008, 10:11 PM #5 of 8
New Scans and packshot
Wind of Nostalgia scans, box art | RPG Land

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kesubei
Puzzle Person

Member 971

Level 17.04

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2008, 10:45 AM Local time: Oct 3, 2008, 11:45 AM #6 of 8
I'm in the middle of replaying SoA. I'm shocked at how similar this game looks (minus PSOne-style graphics). The girl in white garb (Fiona) even reminds me of Fina. Hopefully the airships battles are as interesting in this game as they are in SoA.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2009, 01:18 AM #7 of 8
Bumping an extremely old thread since I just noticed a trailer for Nostalgia was released during E3. Apparently they're dropping the "Wind of" bit.

Nostalgia Video Game, E3 09: US Debut Trailer | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

The trailer looks very nifty, and while I wish they'd shown more actual gameplay footage instead of all those anime cutscenes the bits of airship combat have me drooling. At 1:29 the trailer shows what looks like a dual-tech between party members, so hopefully both types of combat will be enjoyable.

Here's hoping this fills the gap in my heart left by all the Skies of Arcadia 2 rumors over the years.

FELIPE NO
Hindman
Good Chocobo

Member 3792

Level 15.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2009, 10:24 PM Local time: Jul 26, 2009, 08:24 PM #8 of 8
Import Review is up
Quote:
Nostalgia takes place on the world map we all know and love: Earth. Eddy starts out in London and soon acquires an airship, enabling him to explore select pieces of Europe and Africa. As the story progresses and the airship’s Flight Core improves, it gains the ability to fly higher and higher, over obstacles such as mountains and clouds. The world contains such culturally diverse major cities as Cairo, St. Petersburg, New York, and Rio de Janeiro, and dungeons such as the Egyptian Pyramids, the Amazon Jungle, and a secret mechanical base inside Mt. Fuji. Exploring the world is fun, even when a few liberties are taken with the settings for the sake of the story.
-snip-
Quote:
Random battles are never very challenging, but don’t get dull, either, because monster parties are often configured in a way that stops the player from wiping them all out at once or falling into repetitive patterns,
-snip-
Quote:
The game’s story, and by extension its characters, is probably the weakest element of the game.
-snip-
Quote:
Nostalgia’s music is catchy in the way that an old-school RPG’s music is catchy, and has possibly become this reviewer’s favorite soundtrack on the DS.
-snip-
Quote:
Wind of Nostalgio is a great portable RPG, with no real bad points and a lot of good ones. It has a fun atmosphere, battles that go beyond basics, and a ton of extra material to indulge explorers.
Wind of Nostalgia (Nostalgio no Kaze) | RPG Land: RPG reviews, wallpapers, news and more since 1999.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] Wind of Nostalgia (drawing Skies of Arcadia comparisons on a forum near you)