Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Help me compile/remix Silpheed music!

Spikey
Sierra Music Quester

Member 13178

Level 13.35

Sep 2006

Old Sep 30, 2006, 05:15 AM Local time: Sep 30, 2006, 08:45 PM #1 of 5
Help me compile/remix Silpheed music!

Hey folks,

As well as recording the Kyrandia 1 music currently, I'm compiling both MIDI and digital remixes of Silpheed (DOS port and PC-88, not SEGA/MEGA CD version), plus recording the original Sierra DOS port's MIDI score. If anyone has any MIDI files or digital tracks, I'd love to have them. Although lots will prolly be duplicates, you just never know if someone else has something you don't.

Additionally, if anyone wants to remix Silpheed (non-MEGA-CD) music, I'd be really grateful for it.

Any questions/comments, post or PM or IM or even email me. Any help whatsoever would be a massive help and would lead to a better released unofficial album.

Regards,
- Spike

Jam it back in, in the dark.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2006, 02:55 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2006, 12:55 PM #2 of 5
Silpheed is awesome.

Quest Studios has a bunch of MIDI and MP3 versions of Silpheed tracks. Their track titles are terrible, though.

Slightly Dark posted a cassette rip of the GameWorld 1st Anniversary Album, which included arranges of The Legend of Silpheed and Little Moments Peace. Unfortunately, they cut off at the end.

The soundtrack to the Sega CD version of Silpheed has bonus arrangements of The Legend of Silpheed and Little Moments Peace as well. I rather like these.

Do you want the original PC-88 soundtrack too, or just MIDIs and remixes? I own and ripped SILPHEED ~PC SOUND of GAME ARTS~, which contains the full OST, and can put that up somewhere too if you want.

Most amazing jew boots
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Spikey
Sierra Music Quester

Member 13178

Level 13.35

Sep 2006

Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:22 PM Local time: Oct 1, 2006, 02:52 PM #3 of 5
Hey man,

Thanks for the reply.

I run the sort of 'sister site' to QuestStudios, Sierra Music Central.

With QS's permission for the MIDI portion of the CD I'll be using his MIDI's. (Yeah, the track titles are rather strange.)

As for the rest, I'll be throwing in fan remixes and some official tracks.

I've got the GameWorld tracks, as well as the SEGA CD remix CD (official sound one).

I also own the PC Sound of Game Arts CD, or at least I do now, just paid for it on eBay.

Never heard of anyone who has the "Original Sound of Silpheed- Synthesizer Grade Up Version" though.

I'm not really asking for official OST's, since they're pretty easy to find in the VGM community. However, fan remix MP3/OGG files or MIDI files are very useful indeed, since I've got good expensive MIDI hardware (XG and GS synths).

Thanks a lot for the reply man.

Regards,
- Spike

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 05:31 AM Local time: Oct 1, 2006, 03:31 AM #4 of 5
Originally Posted by Spikey
As for the rest, I'll be throwing in fan remixes and some official tracks.
Unfortunately, I don't know of any Western fan arrangers (like on OC ReMix, VGMix, and the like) who've covered any Silpheed themes.

Here's some Japanese fan material I found:

海老福
piano arranges of: The Legend of Silpheed, Going in Fortress, and Silf of Wind I

C-yoshi
MIDI arrange of Silf of Wind II (this is actually quite good)

Gin
MIDI of The Legend of Silpheed

Originally Posted by Spikey
Never heard of anyone who has the "Original Sound of Silpheed- Synthesizer Grade Up Version" though.
I've never heard of this before. =O

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Spikey
Sierra Music Quester

Member 13178

Level 13.35

Sep 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 09:14 AM Local time: Oct 3, 2006, 12:44 AM #5 of 5
Yeah, it's uber-rare though. Search for it on Google, the Kohina forums give the best explanation. Would kill for it Well, almost.

Quote:
Unfortunately, I don't know of any Western fan arrangers (like on OC ReMix, VGMix, and the like) who've covered any Silpheed themes.
Not unfortunate in my opinion I'm so not a fan of OC Remix or VGMix.

My Japanese skills are limited, I find it very hard to read Kanji, so I have trouble Googling Japanese webpages, which is where all the files are.

Quote:
海老福
piano arranges of: The Legend of Silpheed, Going in Fortress, and Silf of Wind I
Got these ones.

Quote:
C-yoshi
MIDI arrange of Silf of Wind II (this is actually quite good)

Gin
MIDI of The Legend of Silpheed
Not sure if I have these, thanks very much, will check 'em out. Anyone out there who has MIDI remixes or any MIDI sequences of the original ports (non-SEGA CD), especially Yamaha XG or Roland SC tracks, would be greatly appreciated. I have some beauties already, but would like to expand my collection

- Spike

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Help me compile/remix Silpheed music!