Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] FFVII Compilation Thread

Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 05:10 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2006, 04:10 AM #326 of 800
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
How about the domestic Cloud with Fenrir? Any places selling it for less than $60? I still want that Cloud PlayArts figure, bike or no.
Selling less than $60? Not that I know of (then again, bought mine from my local comic shop). Seem some on the yahoo Japan auction site, going for about $110. Anyway, either way it'll probably go over $60, once you consider shipping charges (the overall packaging is quite big), that's assuming your order online. The way I see it, the price for the set is only going to keep rising from here on up. As for the Cloud figure, it's pretty cheap, $20.

Also interesting is the E3 2005 trailer. I don't recall that particular trailer ever being available for download. Either that or I didn't decide to view it, thinking the movie was due that following September. Yeah, I'm still pretty upset over that.
Yea, that one never got released as far as I know. Pretty glad it didn't, as it ended up being quite a revealing trailer (pretty much spoiling all the good action sequences).

EDIT:
Oh, and I've noticed that everywhere I've stopped by, AC has been sold out! I'm quite surprised, even a big chain store like HMV had no copies left. Maybe it was a small shipment or something...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Hantei; Apr 29, 2006 at 05:34 AM.
Cyrus XIII
Good Chocobo

Member 554

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 07:05 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 01:05 AM #327 of 800
Maybe some distributors considered it "just another anime" or direct-to-video crap.

Is it me, or is Advent:One Winged Angel the best song ever?
Probably not. But I'd list it as high as my favorite song of 2005 anyway. There are not that many covers, remixes or arrangements which so clearly surpass the quality of the initial version, especially if it's something like nine out of ten people's favorite boss music in a console RPG.

FELIPE NO
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 08:44 PM #328 of 800
I don't know where everyone else lives, but there's a gazillion copies here in Toronto.

I still think FFVIII's Liberi Fatali beats any arrangement of One-Winged Angel any day. Not that OWA is bad though. I enjoy anything with a Latin chorus in it :3 In fact, if you know any other track from a game like that, then be sure to pass it my way.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 10:47 PM Local time: Apr 29, 2006, 09:47 PM #329 of 800
Also, here's a shot of the beginning.

Spoiler:

They said there was a meaning behind the birds shown, but they wouldn't reveal it. I thought it would represent the number of the main group, but there's over 20 birds.
Spoiler:
I wonder what the meaning behind the birds is too. Isn't this the same exact scene as from the ending of FFVII, birds and all? Although I don't recall anyone figuring out the meaning to it back then, so it'd be a while until someone figures it out.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Casaubon
Shocking

Member 539

Level 14.20

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 10:57 PM Local time: Apr 29, 2006, 08:57 PM #330 of 800
The birds symbolize the number of milkings I mean parts of the compilation they are gonna do.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 11:57 AM Local time: May 1, 2006, 12:57 AM #331 of 800
Originally Posted by Lacerta
Spoiler:
I wonder what the meaning behind the birds is too. Isn't this the same exact scene as from the ending of FFVII, birds and all? Although I don't recall anyone figuring out the meaning to it back then, so it'd be a while until someone figures it out.
This is actually touched upon in the website mentioned by a lot people here already. They theorize that....
Spoiler:
.....it might have something to do with the number of staff on the original game:

Quote:
Q. Was there a meaning in the number of birds there were? (From commentary)
A. There was 29 birds. It's rumoured there was 29 people in the staff when FFVII went on sale but it's unknown if it's true or not.

Go to http://xthost.info/ffwebnovel/ and click on F.A.Q. on the list on the left-hand side, then select the faq "With Graphics". There are a lot of theories there, regarding many questions a lot of people had about the movie, along with pictures for reference.

In the "Easter Eggs" at the bottom of the page they also mention the "Loveless" ads.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 01:48 PM #332 of 800
Nice FAQ. It lists a lot of interesting points, especially

Spoiler:
the fact that Cloud is actually a level beyond 99, while everyone else is 99. The Turks, however are at a lower level, so that dispels a certain person's claim that the Turks are top tier, or that Rude is stronger than Tifa.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Q. Was there a meaning in the number of birds there were? (From commentary)
A. There was 29 birds. It's rumoured there was 29 people in the staff when FFVII went on sale but it's unknown if it's true or not.

The thing is, if it's true, why keep it a secret? Unless

Spoiler:
they only put 29 birds because that's what the original ending had, and as a result they themselves don't know the significance, since it was already established in the original game.

This one is the most interesting.

Spoiler:
Next to the "family" photo of Cloud, Tifa, Denzel and Marlene, there's a can of Amino-D. Amino-D is a drug used to help patients who are chemically injured or who have a chronic disease.

Do you think the drug is for Denzel? Or could it be for something else?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
TheSteve
Ex-Soldier

Member 5870

Level 1.02

Apr 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 01:49 PM #333 of 800
Originally Posted by Hantei
Probably, if you do some digging on Japanese auction sites. As so far, all the known custom jobs (to me) have been from Japan. Haha, but good luck, if I remember correctly that last custom job I posted went for over $500.
If you know of any Japanese sites off hand I would really appreciate it.

How ya doing, buddy?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 02:14 PM #334 of 800
Forgot to comment on this:

Quote:
Oh, and I've noticed that everywhere I've stopped by, AC has been sold out! I'm quite surprised, even a big chain store like HMV had no copies left. Maybe it was a small shipment or something...
Why assume it's because of small shipments? Maybe it's because the movie has been highly anticipated for so long and is selling like hotcakes. Even though everyone on earth but me downloaded the movie, I still wouldn't be surprised if it pulled some big sales numbers. I'm not sure if it'll sell as much as a big SE game, but I do expect it to make more money than the standard anime release.

Here's an interesting read about the potential of AC's sales.

http://animenation.net/news/askjohn.php?id=1307

Even though I was mostly thinking about more sales sealing the deal for a remake and other movies by SE, I failed to look at the big picture; an outbreak of serious CG films to replace kiddie embarassments like Hoodwinked and Ice Age 2. There's always been a potential there, but Square has been the only company brave enough to try it in America. Plus, CG movies can do many action scenes that are otherwise impossible to do in live movies (or it wouldn't look nearly as seamless). So I hope AC starts a trend, either way.

Most amazing jew boots
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 02:39 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 01:39 PM #335 of 800
Originally Posted by TheSteve
If you know of any Japanese sites off hand I would really appreciate it.
Well, the one I occassionally check out Japan's Yahoo! Auctions site.

Heh, from some digging I found fan made cosplay sword of Cloud's AC sword (complete form).

Also, it looks like the FFVIII Play Arts figures are released now too. Glad to see they included the lion head chain on Squall's Gunblade.

This guy isn't selling his custom jobs, but they're really impressive. He's even got a video showing how he assembles all 6 swords together. Looks like he finished making the rusted buster sword from the movie as well, along with materia to go into the slots. It also appears that he's done head resculpts for Rinoa (the top 2 pics) and Squall. Ohh, even an ad for the FF8 play arts.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/lead007/

Quote:
Why assume it's because of small shipments? Maybe it's because the movie has been highly anticipated for so long and is selling like hotcakes. Even though everyone on earth but me downloaded the movie, I still wouldn't be surprised if it pulled some big sales numbers. I'm not sure if it'll sell as much as a big SE game, but I do expect it to make more money than the standard anime release.
Most of the shops I've stopped by appeared to only have one row/column/slot for the movie, and I didn't see any ridiculous box stands, like they had for American Dad volume 1 (which they should have done for AC). Hence my assumption.

FELIPE NO
PuPu
Anyone for a pupu platter?

Member 379

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 03:09 PM #336 of 800
This one is the most interesting.

Spoiler:
Next to the "family" photo of Cloud, Tifa, Denzel and Marlene, there's a can of Amino-D. Amino-D is a drug used to help patients who are chemically injured or who have a chronic disease.

Do you think the drug is for Denzel? Or could it be for something else?
Spoiler:
Amino refers to amino acid. D is the single letter short for the amino acid, apsartic acid/aparate. Amino acid drinks are very popular in japan and isn't really a drug for anything. I just see it as engrish, unless it's really just a can of apartic acid which can be pretty bad for your teeth... just like coke

edit: I just looked up the 'drug' you mentioned...'Amino-D tox' which is just esentially an amino acid supplement pill... not really a drug but one of the health fads going around... they're just basic amino acids needed for metabolism

Don't touch my pom pom!

Last edited by PuPu; Apr 30, 2006 at 03:22 PM.
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 03:16 PM #337 of 800
I think that the main reason is due to the fact that most short supplies of AC is because it's mostly movie stores who are selling AC, therefore they arn't aware as to how popular the series really is and they don't want to stock something that won't sell. But as soon as AC FINALLY came out they sold in like twenty-minutes and now everyone has to restock. So just give it a bit of time and it shouldn't be too hard to find a copy of AC. And if you still can't find it within a month or so then there's always E-bay (or whatever you preffer).

How ya doing, buddy?
kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 06:02 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 01:02 PM #338 of 800
Most of the stores here that were supposed to get the movie were sold out on Tuesday, too. I only know that our Best Buy got about 20 copies of the movie, so I figured it was similar for other stores. I was lucky enough to find some copies at a Wal-Mart, though. There were only 6 left in one column of a display and they said they didn't have any more to restock with.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 09:44 PM #339 of 800
WoW!! That was close eh?

I really do feel for all thoes who haven't been able to get AC yet, so in their honor I will watch my copy once a day until the shortage has come to an end.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 08:13 AM #340 of 800
One of the few ac.net threads that don't make me cringe; a list of easter eggs found throughout the movie.

http://forums.adventchildren.net/sho...3&page=1&pp=15

(the password is Sephiroth ;/ )

I noticed a few when I was watching, but some of the more deeply hidden ones made me chuckle.

Spoiler:

My personal favorite though is
Spoiler:
the Loveless sign that hits Rude on the head has a picture of Aerith on it. Other Loveless signs in the movie also have a picture of Tifa.
Spoiler:
I thought the easter egg with the Squaresoft covers was an interesting one. They found FF7 (of course), Bushido Blade and Bushido Blade 2, and I caught Xenogears. Either they had too much time on their hands, or Square really wanted to thank people....

hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 01:17 PM Local time: May 3, 2006, 02:17 AM #341 of 800
This might actually be a stupid question, but how many of you who bought the DVD without watching the downloaded version actually watched until the very end of the movie? (I mean right upto the very end, past all the credits).

Just curious, since I know a lot of people who never watch the very end of any movie. As soon as the credits start rolling, they just turn the movie off. I learned earlier on that some movies might have a little extra something after the boring credits go by.......

How many of you actually saw the end?
Spoiler:
.......with the group photo and flowers on Cloud's desk in Seventh Heaven.

It'd be shame if you missed that......

I was speaking idiomatically.
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 01:48 PM #342 of 800
Originally Posted by hikarub
This might actually be a stupid question, but how many of you who bought the DVD without watching the downloaded version actually watched until the very end of the movie? (I mean right upto the very end, past all the credits).

Just curious, since I know a lot of people who never watch the very end of any movie. As soon as the credits start rolling, they just turn the movie off. I learned earlier on that some movies might have a little extra something after the boring credits go by.......

How many of you actually saw the end?
Spoiler:
.......with the group photo and flowers on Cloud's desk in Seventh Heaven.

It'd be shame if you missed that......

Ahhh...but if you played the game...you know to stay until the very end.

How ya doing, buddy?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 01:50 PM #343 of 800
I watched until the end, since I know it's Square's practice to always include a final image or whatnot. Plus, I already knew that this particular movie had something past the credits, I just wasn't sure what. Besides, what FF fan would skip through the traditional FF theme?

FELIPE NO
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 10:00 PM Local time: May 2, 2006, 10:00 PM #344 of 800
I did as well. It was interesting to see Cloud driving along a road like that, and stopping occasionally to talk to people.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Trench
The Raven

Member 2985

Level 17.51

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 11:19 PM Local time: May 2, 2006, 09:19 PM #345 of 800
Who thought this movie sucked?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 11:29 PM #346 of 800
My guess is you did.

How ya doing, buddy?
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 11:46 PM Local time: May 2, 2006, 10:46 PM #347 of 800
Originally Posted by Trench
Who thought this movie sucked?
Me, but I don't think there's any point in discussing how much it sucked in a fan thread.

How ya doing, buddy?
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
Motsy
Everyday a new adventure

Member 369

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 09:30 AM Local time: May 3, 2006, 06:30 AM #348 of 800
I did as well.

Unforgiven
How do I reach this fucking orb?

Member 6028

Level 16.56

May 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 10:29 AM #349 of 800
Originally Posted by Motsy
I did as well.
At least tell us why you didn't like it. So we can flame you.;_;

I was speaking idiomatically.
Maria Gorokhova
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 3113

Level 1.00

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 11:25 AM Local time: May 3, 2006, 10:25 AM #350 of 800
What irked me about FF7:AC was the lack of actual storyline. Aside from the overly-dramatic fight scenes, there was no real plot development or character development. I would have expected to see more of Cid, Red XIII, Yuffie, etc.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] FFVII Compilation Thread