Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] Civilization IV: Warlords

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 08:25 PM Local time: Oct 3, 2006, 08:25 PM #1 of 4
Civilization IV: Warlords

Well, the first expansion pack for Civilization IV was released this summer (July sometime I think), and I just picked it up.

First off, the title screen is VERY dark. Much darker than the beautiful title screen for the original.

I have to say, the changes have been great so far. The Great Wall of China is very good, and is quite useful for me since I generally have raging barbarians.

The Warlords concept is a very neat addition to the game. I haven't gotten much into the scenarios yet, but so far, its fun.

So, what do you think of the expansion pack? If you haven't gotten it yet, are you planning to? What do you think are the best changes in the expansion? And what should be changed or added if they make a second expansion pack?

How ya doing, buddy?
Cal
_

Member 76

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 07:52 AM Local time: Oct 19, 2006, 10:52 PM #2 of 4
Charisma seemed like a no-brainer trait for inclusion in Civ4 proper, but better late than never, I suppose.

How ya doing, buddy?
LlooooydGEEEOOORGE

Last edited by Cal; Oct 22, 2006 at 06:25 AM.
YeOldeButchere
Smoke. Peat. Delicious.

Member 246

Level 21.94

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 08:10 AM #3 of 4
I haven't picked it up yet, and likely won't do so for quite some time since this would amount to academic suicide.

Plus, from what I've read, there apparently isn't any Napoleonic War scenario nor is there any modern day scenario, it's all ancient age/middle age stuff, which I'm not particularly fond of.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 12:14 PM Local time: Oct 19, 2006, 12:14 PM #4 of 4
Yeah, well, it is Warlords. I don't think Napoleonic Wars had warlords, did they? And the modern era definitely didn't... I think the second expansion pack will have more modern day scenarios.

But for the overall game, the expansion clears up some stuff, adds new civs, new world and national wonders, vassal states (which is one of my favorite new options), and other fixes etc.

But its understandable that getting the expansion would kill the academic part... thank the maker I got over the expansion before anything big was due for school...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] Civilization IV: Warlords